The Geneva Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all! I know it is out of the blue a bit, but I just wanted to share; I have begun slowly making my way through the 1599 Geneva Bible by Tolle Lege Press, and I must say that it is by far my favorite translation I have read - it is similar enough to the KJV to make memorization easy, and the footnotes have proven to be phenomenally valuable to my understanding of what I am reading. 10/10! Would recommend!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all! I know it is out of the blue a bit, but I just wanted to share; I have begun slowly making my way through the 1599 Geneva Bible by Tolle Lege Press, and I must say that it is by far my favorite translation I have read - it is similar enough to the KJV to make memorization easy, and the footnotes have proven to be phenomenally valuable to my understanding of what I am reading. 10/10! Would recommend!
I got an old version of the geneva fifteen ninety nine too .
It and the KJV are accurate . The only reason i think it got replaced is due to all the footnotes in it .
Though some of those footnotes were quite accurate against the RCC .
I have read it as well . I will go see if its from TOLLE lege press .
But i do have the geneva too .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Hello, I did a quick proof check and found similar errors in the 1599 Geneva bible as is found in the KJV like Gen 13:15 which is contrary to what Stephen stated in his defence before he was stoned to death, that Abraham did not receive any inheritance/possession in the Land of Canaan, even to rest his foot upon.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, I did a quick proof check and found similar errors in the 1599 Geneva bible as is found in the KJV like Gen 13:15 which is contrary to what Stephen stated in his defence before he was stoned to death, that Abraham did not receive any inheritance/possession in the Land of Canaan, even to rest his foot upon.
Hello there! I will be honest, I am not sure I know all too much about the error you mean; if you are talking about Acts 7:5 compared to Genesis 13:15 would be my best guess, but I do not want to assume - if you could give me more detail and we could discuss it a bit more in length I wouldn’t mind at all! I appreciate the input!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IT IS . its from tolle lege press too .
I personally like the non-facsimile version a bit more; it just makes it a much more viable study/daily bible than the facsimile, as honestly I cannot read the facsimile very well.