The Giants

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ancient megalithic structures are found all around the world... Built from massive quarried rocks, modern man has been perplexed by how they were ever able to build such monuments... Could it have been the Nephilim???
bandicam-2020-08-08-00-06-36-684.jpg
bandicam-2020-08-08-00-12-55-870.jpg
bandicam-2020-11-09-02-58-30-791.jpg

Throughout the ages man has found many fossils of giant humans and other assorted pieces of evidence...
Last 200 years there was a concerted effort to remove such fossils and evidence from museums and try to erase the history of their existence...
Such fossils that were found in the last 200 years would quickly get brought by museums who would put them away never to be seen...
There is actually a concerted effort to dismiss and cover up anything that supports Christianity as well...
bandicam-2020-08-08-00-06-10-139.jpg
bandicam-2020-08-08-00-07-11-762.jpg

Here are some giants that were recorded to have been found in the past... 36' is 11 meters
bandicam-2020-08-08-00-05-28-880.jpg

Fairly cool chart

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ, look closely at the above reasoning. It is designed to cast 'doubt' against the written Scriptures of God's Word. That is what men's doctrines do against The Word of God. The reason they use that tool of casting doubt is so they can prepare your mind for 'their' doctrines instead which they want to put into your mind.

Because what is actually 'written' in God's Word may be difficult for some to accept, simply because it may go against their learning or what theories of men they have accepted (like evolution theory), God's written Word is thus put on a back burner so to speak, or refused altogether, and the descriptions purposefully misinterpreted.

We are to believe God's Word as written, regardless of whether or not we understand all of it. In time it often proves to have been true all along. This is no different with the subject of the fallen angels mating with flesh woman and producing the hybrid offspring called giants, which God's written Word declares were of great size, an aberration from the size of men that God created.
Thank you for the concept of fundamentalism, I fully understand and respect your beliefs. So then lets stay away from academic history and sciences.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had dinosaurs too and nobody disputes that.
I read somewhere a while back that it had something to do with the purity of oxygen.. or something..
And after the flood the atmosphere changed.
I'm not saying there wasn't giants or donosaurs.
I'm just saying I don't think the meaning in the bible is talking about the giants pictured here.
How come the bible don't talk about dinosaurs???

Because the bible wasn't written about the earth, it was written about Man.
That's the closest I can come to explaining it how I see it.

THANK YOU for those pictures they are awesome!
HUGS

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy, No problem, thanks for the scripture. I was doing a little re-reading in the book itself, and saw something that had puzzle me for a while, but God revealed it to me.

but what in the scriptures, here in Numbers, lead you to believe that Balak was a "Giant?". maybe I missed that.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem, thanks for the scripture. I was doing a little re-reading in the book itself, and saw something that had puzzle me for a while, but God revealed it to me.

but what in the scriptures, here in Numbers, lead you to believe that Balak was a "Giant?". maybe I missed that.

PICJAG
Balak was in Kings I mixed it up with the Baalim and Balak story.
I wrote about it I think in the thread Jezebel.

So I'm posting from my memory which is flawed, because I can't memorize chapters and verses. I just know it's in there.

And not a Giant.. but an Important person, A King, like Pharoah could of been a Giant in those days.
Not in size but in stature..

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that....stating before and after the coupling with sons of God that there were giants "in" the earth....then it goes on to state the coupling, and refers to them as mighty men of old, men of renown. Nothing about them being giants.
You are living proof how a scripture can be read and not understood for so long. lol
It doesn't say "before" ..it says "when".... meaning "at the same time. How do you not understand that???

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy, No problem, thanks for the scripture. I was doing a little re-reading in the book itself, and saw something that had puzzle me for a while, but God revealed it to me.

PICJAG
In the thread Psalm 1 on the 3rd page is where I was talking about Balak and Baalim and about going to Peor.
And how the children of Israel went in unto the women of Moab..
that's where.. I know it's sunday but it feels like monday..
HUGS

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Balak was in Kings I mixed it up with the Baalim and Balak story.
I wrote about it I think in the thread Jezebel.

So I'm posting from my memory which is flawed, because I can't memorize chapters and verses. I just know it's in there.

And not a Giant.. but an Important person, A King, like Pharoah could of been a Giant in those days.
Not in size but in stature..
No problem, we all make mistakes, we're not GOD. we are all human, and yes we.... "WE ALL" make mistakes.

so Join the human club, (smile), we all make mistakes.

but let the Lord Jesus, God, edify you. you did a good thing, and here's why. because it made me go back to the book of numbers and find out something about the prophet Balaam. and why God was angry with him and, what, or why he disobeyed God and almost loss his life, but an ASS save him.

so Ziggy your mistake was a "GOOD" mistake for me....

Be blessed.

PICJAG

Reactions: Ziggy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the thread Psalm 1 on the 3rd page is where I was talking about Balak and Baalim and about going to Peor.
And how the children of Israel went in unto the women of Moab..
that's where.. I know it's sunday but it feels like monday..
HUGS
I know what you mean.

and I understand interracial marriages. not concering the flesh but in spirit which have nothing to do with race. but it was the "EVIL" heart of men and women who would draw one away from God. that was the problem, not skin tone.

as a matter of fact, Moses married a Midianite woman, Zipporah. as with Joseph, and Egyptian. but the two woman I focus on is A. Rahab, who by the way was an Isralite, and she was also, "NOT", NOT" a Harlot as was suspected, or how the word was used. B. Ruth the Mobite, our Lord Jesus, according to the birth line, his great, great, ect..... grand mother.

women are very important in the bible. just as today, we see women in progressive roles, as with our new VP Elect Harris.

so be blessed.

PICJAG

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what you mean.

and I understand interracial marriages. not concering the flesh but in spirit which have nothing to do with race. but it was the "EVIL" heart of men and women who would draw one away from God. that was the problem, not skin tone.

as a matter of fact, Moses married a Midianite woman, Zipporah. as with Joseph, and Egyptian. but the two woman I focus on is A. Rahab, who by the way was an Isralite, and she was also, "NOT", NOT" a Harlot as was suspected, or how the word was used. B. Ruth the Mobite, our Lord Jesus, according to the birth line, his great, great, ect..... grand mother.

women are very important in the bible. just as today, we see women in progressive roles, as with our new VP Elect Harris.

so be blessed.

PICJAG
I think God Elects good women from all walks of life. Be they Jew or Gentile.
It is all about the heart and the spirit that God looks for.

As I'm reading about the "Giants' I keep hearing leaven, leaven, leaven..
Like we're blowing it all out of proportion.

I been following the "wives" a lot lately.. they say behind every good man is a good woman.. sometimes it can work both ways.
Now when it comes to twins like Jacob and Esau or Pharez and Zarah which was born to Judah and Tamar.. I usually follow the mom to see what her history or family tree is. It gets kind of interesting, sometimes roads lead to Cush and Ham.. thats like Egypt and well, Egypt is in the bible a lot. And I think Egypt has a lot to do with where Cain met his wife .. AND where the snake in the garden came from.
I put them in the study thread because I'm studying.. doesn't mean I'm right, it means I'm studying.. lol

Thank You
HUGS

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I been following the "wives" a lot lately.. they say behind every good man is a good woman.. sometimes it can work both ways.
Correct, it is to work both ways, lets change it right.... "BESIDE every good man is a good woman" how about that that? (smile). because the woman was taken from the man "SIDE". not from his head, nor from his feet, but from his side.

now as for women, and with giants, one can look at both the wives of Noah three sons, and the sons themselves. for the Gene that causes "giants" in humans is there, "gigantism". maybe you read up on this. a good source to start with is found here.
"NIH researchers link chromosome region to gigantism", here's the link. NIH researchers link chromosome region to gigantism.

but there are many research into this subgect.

PICJAG

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, it is to work both ways, lets change it right.... "BESIDE every good man is a good woman" how about that that? (smile). because the woman was taken from the man "SIDE". not from his head, nor from his feet, but from his side.

now as for women, and with giants, one can look at both the wives of Noah three sons, and the sons themselves. for the Gene that causes "giants" in humans is there, "gigantism". maybe you read up on this. a good source to start with is found here.
"NIH researchers link chromosome region to gigantism", here's the link. NIH researchers link chromosome region to gigantism.

but there are many research into this subgect.

PICJAG
I like you saying much better :)

I try not to get too bogged down with hmm.. science and scholarly things..
I try to stick with the simple stuff.
Simple stuff for simple minds LOL
I do appreciate all the time and effort everyone puts in to help educate on certain issues.
I just try to take what the bible says and compare it with what the bible says..
I find it's its own best interpreter.
And if it's not in there.. it's not prego.. LOL
I try to follow a lot of things but the terminologies and scientific data.. get me confused.

I don't disagree that giants existed, I don't disagree that dinosaurs existed.
I just don't think that that particular knowledge is what God is trying to tell us.
Thats just me..
HUGS
THANK YOU!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second,
I try not to get too bogged down with hmm.. science and scholarly things..
Science is of God, well let me make myself clear, "TRUE SCIENCE". scripture, 1 Timothy 6:20 "O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"

TRUE Science is of God, false science is not of God. the book of Genesis chapter 1 is loaded with TRUE SCIENCE.
I just try to take what the bible says and compare it with what the bible says..
I find it's its own best interpreter.
TRUE, the Holy Ghost/Spirit is the best TEACHER.

I don't disagree that giants existed, I don't disagree that dinosaurs existed.
in agreement

I just don't think that that particular knowledge is what God is trying to tell us.
as said, let the Holy Spirit teach you, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

PICJAG

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, the bible say no such thing.

scripture, Genesis 6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

what do the term "Giant" mean here,
H5303 נְפִיל nphiyl (nef-eel') n-m.
נְפִל nphil (nef-eel')
(properly) a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant.
[from H5307]
KJV: giant.

so the bible right here tells us who this term Giants identify, lets see, "the same became mighty men" BINGO. there is our answer. GIANTS in context have two meaning. why do we say that, because the term "Giants" identify tow class or type of HUMAN men.

"MIGHTY MEN"

Type I. “Mighty Men”, Ordinary men of valor, “A Warrior”.

Type II. “Mighty Men”, Ordinary men in stature, “A Giant”

God gives us the answer, so why go after comic books stories?

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG

Agreeing with Scripture.

Gen 6:
[1] And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
[2] That "the sons of God" saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and "they took them wives" of all which they chose.

[4] There were giants in the earth in those days; (offspring of Gen 6:2)

[4]...and also after that, (More Giants Born)

[4] ..."when" ?

[4] the "sons of God" came "in unto" the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, (Same sons of God...came in to more daughters of men...Did NOT marry them but Impregnated them)

[4] the same (sons of Gods, offspring in marriage not in marriage) and became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

The "sons of God"...???
Job 38:
7 when the morning stars sang together
and all the "sons of God" shouted for joy?

^ Those described "sons of God" existed While the Foundation of The Earth was being laid...
Before mankind was Created.

The sons of God (in this Context) are Angels (no longer allowed in their first estate, Heaven, or their second Estate, Earths surface)...who came to Earth...saw women of men...married...had offspring...returned into the camp/area/land of men...impregnated women....(more offspring...Same sons of God, different women)

Same Angels, sons of God, impregnated Different Women at different times and the Sames sons Of God, offspring were of old and reknown.

Later revealed knowledge...
2 Pet 2:
[4] For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
Jude 1:
[6] And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Glory to God,
Taken

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 103:20
Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

Why would angels need to keep God's commandments?
If angels were with God before the foundation of the world, did God have commandments for angels to keep before he gave them to Moses?

Angels:
a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger from God

What about Prophets, were prophets angels?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I meant Numbers:
Num 31:9
And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods.
Num 31:10
And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire.
Num 31:11
And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts.
Num 31:12
And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.
Num 31:13
And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp.
Num 31:14
And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle.
Num 31:15
And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
Num 31:16
Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.

Here.. sorry MOAB,, same thing ?

Num 25:1
And Israel abode in Shittim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab.
Num 25:2
And they called the people unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people did eat, and bowed down to their gods.
Num 25:3
And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel.

That's still NOT... about the Gen.6 mating of the angels with the daughters of men to produce the giant offspring. The following subject is...

Num 13:32-33
32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

KJV

Deut 1:28
28 Whither shall we go up? our brethren have discouraged our heart, saying, "The people is greater and taller than we; the cities are great and walled up to heaven; and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakims there."
KJV

Deut 2:10-11
10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims;
11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.
KJV

Deut 3:11
11 For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold, his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.
KJV

1 Sam 17:4
4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
KJV

2 Sam 21:20
20 And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.
KJV

Solely trying to apply the 'strong man' theory to all those Scriptures shows Biblical ignorance, and a lack of reading comprehension.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the concept of fundamentalism, I fully understand and respect your beliefs. So then lets stay away from academic history and sciences.

Again brethren, the above statement tries to apply simple reading comprehension in God's Word (like Genesis 6) as 'fundalmentalism. That's the old false 'fundalmentalist vs. pseudo-science' argument.

That's what the evolutionists in the Scope's 'Monkey' trial called the fundalmentalist preacher who supported the law in place then that made it illegal to teach the theory of evolution in the public schools in Tennessee (USA). Anything that those on man's pseudo-science are against but cannot disprove they categorize as 'fundalmentalism'. It's an ignorant argument. Communists use that tool also...

From ex-FBI agent Cleon Skousen's 1958 book The Naked Communist:

"27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."

That's one of Communism's strategies against the Christian Church. The idea is replace what The Bible teaches as written with a Socialist idealism instead. Man's theories of Socialism go hand in hand with man's pseudo-science theories, like the false theory of evolution.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's still NOT... about the Gen.6 mating of the angels with the daughters of men to produce the giant offspring. The following subject is...

Num 13:32-33
32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

KJV

Deut 1:28
28 Whither shall we go up? our brethren have discouraged our heart, saying, "The people is greater and taller than we; the cities are great and walled up to heaven; and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakims there."
KJV

Deut 2:10-11
10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims;
11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.
KJV

Deut 3:11
11 For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold, his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.
KJV

1 Sam 17:4
4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
KJV

2 Sam 21:20
20 And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.
KJV

Solely trying to apply the 'strong man' theory to all those Scriptures shows Biblical ignorance, and a lack of reading comprehension.
Funny it mentions how tall the Anaks were, but never mentions how short the Israelites were..
JUST SAYING...
your so grumpy..
I know what you need..
Bigger
(((HUGS)))
There..
:D

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 6:
[1] And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
[2] That "the sons of God" saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and "they took them wives" of all which they chose.

[4] There were giants in the earth in those days; (offspring of Gen 6:2)

[4]...and also after that, (More Giants Born)

[4] ..."when" ?

[4] the "sons of God" came "in unto" the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, (Same sons of God...came in to more daughters of men...Did NOT marry them but Impregnated them)

[4] the same (sons of Gods, offspring in marriage not in marriage) and became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

The "sons of God"...???
Job 38:
7 when the morning stars sang together
and all the "sons of God" shouted for joy?
YOU error greatly. listen the scripture that tells us who these Giants are.... listen, Genesis 6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

Genesis 6 verse 4 directly tells us who these "GIANTS" are. "the same became MIGHTY MEN", which was of OLD, or before them, "men of renown"

what one need to do is look up "mighty men" and see what that means. and look up what "renown" means and one will have their answer.

now as for the sons of God in Job 38:7 when the morning stars sang together
and all the "sons of God" shouted for joy? THAT'S A METAPHOR for the the natural sun, moon, and the stares in the heavens. not angels.

PICJAG