The Giants

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

:)

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that....stating before and after the coupling with sons of God that there were giants "in" the earth....then it goes on to state the coupling, and refers to them as mighty men of old, men of renown. Nothing about them being giants.
You are living proof how a scripture can be read and not understood for so long. lol

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that....stating before and after the coupling with sons of God that there were giants "in" the earth....then it goes on to state the coupling, and refers to them as mighty men of old, men of renown. Nothing about them being giants.
You are living proof how a scripture can be read and not understood for so long. lol
well didn't you take english in school?

so please post the Scripture when the sons of God came into the daughter of men before Genesis 6:. book chapter and verse please

PICJAG

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well didn't you take english in school?

so please post the Scripture when the sons of God came into the daughter of men before Genesis 6:. book chapter and verse please

PICJAG
lol I think that is your problem. Either way as the English would say, You are boring me now! Go away.

Reactions: Ziggy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol I think that is your problem. Either way as the English would say, You are boring me now! Go away.
well if I get away, then there will be no more light. but you can simply answer the question, just post the verse that say the son of God came into the daughters of men before Genesis 6.

well lets answer that Question..... there was Giants before and after the "FLOOD"... lol, oh how simple the scriptures are.

and knowing that the Giants only came on the earth when the sons of God came into the daughter of men. not before, but after the sons of God came into the daughter of men.

now the contention. did human "MEN" ever had the title son of God in the OT?.... YES, the man JOB had the title...... uh O... YIKES!.

did you know that Job hed that title of "son" of God?

PICJAG

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before Genesis 6,

When Cain found a wife.
Gen 4:16
And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
Gen 4:17
And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

If there was only Eden, then where did Nod come from?
Were there people there?
How long were they there?
Where is Nod?

In my MOST HUMBLE opinion..
I believe the Bible or the Torah was written as the foundation or "Family Tree" of Israel.
That God took Adam from the "dust" , being peoples on the earth and created him in his own image and likeness, the same way
we are being refashioned.

I think I found an instance where the sons of God go messing with the daughter of men. In the book of Numbers Chapter 31.
Israel was doing the hokey pokey with the Midianite ladies of the night. And God had to put an end to that, what he calls a plague.
So..
Where did Nod come from and how did Cain know to go there and find a wife?

Just thinking..
HUGS

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well if I get away, then there will be no more light. but you can simply answer the question, just post the verse that say the son of God came into the daughters of men before Genesis 6.

well lets answer that Question..... there was Giants before and after the "FLOOD"... lol, oh how simple the scriptures are.

and knowing that the Giants only came on the earth when the sons of God came into the daughter of men. not before, but after the sons of God came into the daughter of men.

now the contention. did human "MEN" ever had the title son of God in the OT?.... YES, the man JOB had the title...... uh O... YIKES!.

did you know that Job hed that title of "son" of God?

PICJAG
Don't go away mad, just go away.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Cain found a wife.
And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

If there was only Eden, then where did Nod come from?
Were there people there?
How long were they there?
Where is Nod?

Ten year olds ask this question in Sunday...I have seen them do it more than once. It is an obvious question, that most breeze over. The answer to that question is not sola scriptura so it is not relevant on this forum.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before Genesis 6,

When Cain found a wife.
critical mistake. understand the scripture, Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

see, it's not just to fill the Garden, but the earth.

and Cain "knew" his wife in nod, meaning he had sex with her there. there was people everywhere due to Adam and Eve.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't go away mad, just go away.
first, can you read? "Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures"

aloso, do we take this as you cannot produce scripture that the sons of God came into the daughters of men before Genesis chapter 6...... :D YIKES.

and second, do we detect a little amount of animosity here...... :D .... lol. oh well.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are a ton of hidden information right here in Genesis, that need to be revealed. in order to know where you're going, one need to know where you come from.

PICJAG

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
critical mistake. understand the scripture, Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

see, it's not just to fill the Garden, but the earth.

and Cain "knew" his wife in nod, meaning he had sex with her there. there was people everywhere due to Adam and Eve.

PICJAG
I'm TRYING!!!
LOL

No really, I don't see Adam and Eve as wow how do you word this..
To me it's a vision like the book of Revelation.
It is everything rolled into one BIG overview, 40,000 ft picture of all of humanity and where we're headed.
As you go from book to book the big picture is broken down into more detail.
All the way to the end.
And then the end comes.. and it's another BIG overview, 40,000 ft picture of all of humanity and how we got there.

The beginning and the ending.. with all the deatils in the middle.
That's just me, everybody looks at EVERYTHING differently..
HUGS

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm TRYING!!!
LOL
no put down, we all are learning, glad to see you have a good sense of humor... that good in here to have.... :D

to me learning God's Holy word should be fun, and enjoyable. so please forgive me if I seen to be coming off a little harsh, ok. not intented...

I'm a good fella at heart, or at least I think so.... (smile). and look if there is anything I can help you with... in understanding genesis here please aske me I take no offense in question. and if you have question in anything I have posted please free to question me, ok.

PICJAG.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no put down, we all are learning, glad to see you have a good sense of humor... that good in here to have.... :D

to me learning God's Holy word should be fun, and enjoyable. so please forgive me if I seen to be coming off a little harsh, ok. not intented...

I'm a good fella at heart, or at least I think so.... (smile). and look if there is anything I can help you with... in understanding genesis here please aske me I take no offense in question. and if you have question in anything I have posted please free to question me, ok.

PICJAG.
I always have questions :)
And I sure appreciate all the help I can get.
You aint heavy.. your my brother.. :)
HUGS

Reactions: 101G

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say we do not know their genesis and you say we know something for certain...Neither of us are going to know for certain.

when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
This is where the misunderstanding occurred and lasted for so long. The scripture makes it clear that the Nephilim existed before the sons of God breed with women and then from those couplings "the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. It never calls those offspring giants...just mighty men.

That "men of renown" in Gen.6 is pointing to the idea of the men of the legend, ANCIENT MYTHOLOGY. What so-called myths did that involve? It involved the existence of god's co-habitation with humans on earth, and even having children via flesh woman. Legends most often have pieces of truth in them, and over time become corrupted through generations. The fact that so many ancient civilizations have those legends of gods on earth in their ancient histories, says something.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It involved the existence of god's co-habitation with humans on earth, and even having children via flesh woman.
Interesting and glad you are asking questions.
Here we are still in the early part of the Old Testament...a lot of time is ticking....and this is an extremely abbreviated portion of history.
Some of these short statements beg for more information and as they say, speak volumes but not a lot of words. Volume as in loud but not a lot of information. For example...
1. Cain goes to the land of Nod and takes a wife. Pretty early on to be populated so is there another genesis that occurs before Adam and Eve?
2. Early on in the Old Testament story the Hebrew men develop an attraction to Pagan women...Lamech takes two wives...the land of Nod? Their sons develop iron and bronze tools and weapons and music. This places the "Iron age" long before documented history of it.
3. In the middle of the discussion of the sons of God, it appears that God is going to shorten, or God knows that the lifespan of males will be shortened to 120 years. Note that Old Testament females are not known to live for multiple centuries. And now we know that there is a "body clock" that sets our lifespan to around 120 years.
4. It is around the discussion of the sons of God that God notes the wickedness on earth. So that brings up the question of how many humans were on earth at that time to fill it with wickedness? This is pretty early in the story, so things were so evil that God decided to wipe them out with the flood? And what was this evil? Well In chapter 6 verses 11-13 violence and corruption of flesh is sited. What is corruption of flesh? He is tracking evil because He takes out Sodom and Gomorrah too.
5. Then we come to actual lengths of periods and sequence of events. From there we move through and until chapter 12. Through these chapters we have the story of Noah, the flood, and the genealogies. Some say that these events are not in the right order. Since the Nephilim and their variants obviously existed after the flood, and the lifespan of males continued to be several centuries long, that the story involving the sons of God occurred sometime after the flood, the tower of Babel, and Abraham. Abraham lived 175 years and Jacob lived 147 years and Moses lived 120 years, so the story would have occurred after Abraham and before Moses. (Was it the mating with Pagan women, which were from another genesis that caused the shortening of lifespans?) So it is a possibility that the story of the sons of God occurred during the time the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt?
6. And this ties into the elongated skulls that have been found, that some suggest are the tall Nephilim and the members of the royal families of Egypt that are depicted as having elongated heads. It also ties into your reference to "the existence of god's co-habitation with humans on earth" and the question of, are these beings the foundation of Greek and Roman mythologies...
7. From Exodus on through the conquests of the Army of Yahweh, the Nephilim and their variances are mentioned directly or indirectly throughout the Old Testament, and Goliath may have been one them and it appears that even the prophets were describing them.
7. The research into these elongated skulls is full of intrigue...Indiana Jones type stuff. Some say the DNA of these elongated skulls are not human and they go back 12,000 years, which may explain why they are found all over the world. Of course this blows out the biblical time frames.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You go through the Bible most of the problems begin in Egypt.
There may even have been 10 Kings who each had their own Kingdom on earth.
And they got to reign with the beast (man) not (Sons of God) for thousand years.
Adam lived to be 930 years old. During that time...
Not until Lamech, which was the seventh son of God..
think circumsision on the eight day.. and they was to be "cut off"
except Noah found Grace in the eyes of the Lord.
Adam and Eve had another son named Seth. In the image and likeness of Adam.
He wasn't a Son of God, he was a Son of Man.
Seth had Enos and then... then.. man began to call upon the name of the Lord.
Who was they calling on before that?
I'm think it was the infamous Baal.
And Cain somehow got himself mixed up and turned away from God and that's how the whole
affair started.

What or who are trees in the garden that Adam and Eve hid among.
Thnik of Israel being dispersed throughout all the nations.
I see men walking as trees....

I'm just thinking..

HUGS

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Cain goes to the land of Nod and takes a wife. Pretty early on to be populated so is there another genesis that occurs before Adam and Eve?
A FALSE STATEMENT. Cain "knew" his wife in nod, scripture, Genesis 4:16 "And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden."Genesis 4:17 "And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch."
the bible never said Cain meet his wife in nod.

2. Early on in the Old Testament story the Hebrew men develop an attraction to Pagan women...Lamech takes two wives...the land of Nod? Their sons develop iron and bronze tools and weapons and music. This places the "Iron age" long before documented history of it.
A FALSE STATEMENT. post any verse before the flood showing that men was Hebrews.

3. In the middle of the discussion of the sons of God, it appears that God is going to shorten, or God knows that the lifespan of males will be shortened to 120 years.
A FALSE STATEMENT. scripture, Genesis 6:3 "And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years." the Hebrew term man include both male and females.
MAN: H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
Root(s): H119

a single Person, Man. H121 אָדָם 'Adam (aw-dawm') n/p.
1. (person) Adam the name of the first man.
2. (location) a place in Israel.
[the same as H120]
KJV: Adam.
Root(s): H120

Grailhunter, you need to do your research before making a NONE EDIFYING statement.

4. It is around the discussion of the sons of God that God notes the wickedness on earth.
A FALSE STATEMENT. Cain Killed Able, God notice it then because that's why Cain ended up in Nod.
evil increases when the sons of God came into the daughters of men. theny a judgment was rendered.

So it is a possibility that the story of the sons of God occurred during the time the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt?
A FALSE STATEMENT. if this is true, then post book chapter, and verse of this ... "any" possibility. .... well? if the bible don't say it why you spew a possibility out there? if the bible don't say so you should not too. THIS IS HOW LIES GET STARTED".

6. And this ties into the elongated skulls that have been found, that some suggest are the tall Nephilim and the members of the royal families of Egypt that are depicted as having elongated heads. It also ties into your reference to "the existence of god's co-habitation with humans on earth" and the question of, are these beings the foundation of Greek and Roman mythologies...
DIDN'T TAKE LONG FOR THE LIE TO START. there are many article on Elongated Skulls even to day. just an example, The Practice of Head Binding

7. From Exodus on through the conquests of the Army of Yahweh, the Nephilim and their variances are mentioned directly or indirectly throughout the Old Testament, and Goliath may have been one them and it appears that even the prophets were describing them.
A FALSE STATEMENT. Goliath come from HUMAN PARENTS which are traced back to Ham.

this is how false doctrine creep into the body of Christ.... "a possibility?". see how subtil that is... by injecting a untruth, which is a clear sing of DECEPTION, scripture, Genesis 3:1 "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?"

just like the serpent, who was Quotidian in lying. because he's the father of it.

post just like this is the basis of corrupt communication.

PICJAG

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way to understand the beginning is to go to the end and start there.
Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

In the Beginning:
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Eden:
Rev 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:10
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

The Elect:
Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

The trees in the garden:
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

And they heard the voice of the Lord in the cool of the day:
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city,

The tree in the midst of the garden, thou shalt not eat,
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A FALSE STATEME
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years." the Hebrew term man include both male and females.

NT
. Cain "knew" his wife in nod, scripture, Genesis 4:16 "And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden."Genesis 4:17 "And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch."
the bible never said Cain meet his wife in nod.[/Q

Your point?
A FALSE STATEMENT. post any verse before the flood showing that men was Hebrews.

Agreed, just a designation...kind of like Pagan...Pagan is a more modern term. They did not call themselves Pagan.

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years." the Hebrew term man include both male and females.

Do me a favor and show me a woman that lived two hundred years.
Cain Killed Able, God notice it then because that's why Cain ended up in Nod.
evil increases when the sons of God came into the daughters of men. theny a judgment was rendered

A FALSE STATEMENT. Cain Killed Able, God notice it then because that's why Cain ended up in Nod. evil increases when the sons of God came into the daughters of men. theny a judgment was rendered.

My statement was--> It is around the discussion of the sons of God that God notes the wickedness on earth.

Genesis 6:1-6
Now it came about, when mankind began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of mankind were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not remain with man forever, because he is also flesh; nevertheless his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of mankind, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of mankind was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually.

You are striking out right and left here....Do you think you can do better than this?

Goliath come from HUMAN PARENTS which are traced back to Ham.

There is more than one speculation on the bloodline of Goliath counting the genesis of the females involved...if you do not believe me look it up. Beyond that it is speculation not intended to be sola scriptura.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 6:1 - 4 Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves whomever they chose. Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh, nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years. The Nephilim were on the Earth in those days, and also afterwards, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who of old, men of renown.

Jews and Christians have been wrestling with these scriptures for centuries and still cannot make heads or tails of them. Part of the reason for this is because they only know part of the story, but still the words as written should have clued them in on the fact that something was missing.

Before I start to explain this, read these scriptures again, slowly and consider the meaning. I do not care what translation you choose, just read them slowly and carefully. You should note that the scriptures clearly state that the Nephilim were on the Earth before and after, the sons of God came in to the daughters of men. So the Nephilim are not the product of the coupling of the sons of God and women. They are a different race. (Someone should have noticed this!) The word Nephilim refers to the race of beings that comes from a different genesis, the story of which is very involved. (The Nephilim and a subspecies called Rephaim and Anakins appear in several of the stories of the Old Testament.) As far as the sons of God, staying with sola scriptura you will never figure it out except to note they were heavenly beings with genitalia. ie...can breed. Most of the information about the sons of God come from outside the Bible so it is not relevant to a Christian forum.
You're misunderstanding what that verse says. "In those days" is not before and after the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men. That is "in those days" (at the same.time, this "when") ....speaking of the time when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, there were giants on the earth during that time....and also after (which would be obvious since they reproduced and filled the land).