The good news of Gods kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Gods word promises Gods kingdom will come at its appointed time, This is good news for all of creation. It will put and end to mortal rule( Daniel 2:44) and Gods appointed king Jesus will rule for 1000 years to judge and cleanse Gods earth. Satan will be abyssed( no satan influences) first though --Harmageddon must occur--The world has been warned for nearly 2000 years.
Gods kingdom is a cure all for all of mankinds woes, it will be as God originally planned--mortals knowing only good. Every motive of a mortal will be out of love--not only will all of mankind be united in love and peace forever, they will be united with God and his son as one( in unity of purpose) The wolf will eat alongside a lamb( perfect harmony) God teaching us how to live our lives for real happiness. An abundance of food, Gods word teaches. living in perfect health like in ones youth.
One must live this lifetime to do Gods will to gain entrance into that kingdom-Matt 7:21-23)

On a scale----- 70-90 years of life living for now( temporary pleasures) ---- or trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending life, by living to do Gods will now.( eternal pleasures)

God gave all of us the choice. We choose the path we walk.

Reactions: clark thompson

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I thought Russell / Rutherford said the Kingdom began in 1914.

They had prophesied Jesus would return then too

But when Jesus failed to show up at the appointed time they modified it to say ... "he indeed returned .... it is just that he is invisible"

YEAH RIGHT !!!!!!

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Rev 6-- first ride of white horse= Jesus--he receives his crown( 1914)( invisible)

the 2nd ride of the white horse is when Jesus leads Gods armies to the earth at Harmageddon--this ushers in Gods kingdom rule all over creation--not just in heaven like now. ( will be seen)

I don't need to read that index, but I appreciate the thought. Gods word is clear on the matter--- Adam and Eve knew only good until they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and bad.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
kjw47 said:
Rev 6-- first ride of white horse= Jesus--he receives his crown( 1914)( invisible)

the 2nd ride of the white horse is when Jesus leads Gods armies to the earth at Harmageddon--this ushers in Gods kingdom rule all over creation--not just in heaven like now. ( will be seen)

I don't need to read that index, but I appreciate the thought. Gods word is clear on the matter--- Adam and Eve knew only good until they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and bad.
What happened to the Armageddon that also was supposed to happen in 1914 ??

Was it invisible too ??

Do you know how to spot a false prophet ??

Have you ever researched all the failed prophecies of Russell / Rutherford ??

Did you know they were 100% wrong 100% of the time ??

Would it not be safer to just trust Jesus ??

Jesus was the one God sent to us

God did not send us Russell & Rutherford

Take care of yourself

Reactions: amigo de christo

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
A false prophet---makes up a prophecy of his own accord.

Harmageddon-- a real prophecy--not made by man but guaranteed by God---An error = putting a date on a real prophecy.
The darkness cant seem to tell one from the other. ( confusion would be my guess)

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
jw47: you are right re. false prophets!
See those of OT, and God's future judgement of them in Jer.14.
The same principle applies now; many people are stating certain comments as hard facts; which will bring God's judgement on them!
Any opinion should be tempered with that in mind.
All wise commentators or writers include those caveat's!
Unfortunately, there are many willing to mislead others who may be vulnerable or sincere seekers after truth.
The Word itself, together with a good Group are reasonable ways of not being misled, however; good Groups are getting hard to find, so prayerful
care is needed.
Floyd.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Yes they misunderstood there was 2 rides of the white horse--rev 6 was the first-- Jesus battled satan and his angels and cast them to the vicinity of the earth--Jesus receives his crown)( invisible) 1914--satan came like a devouring lion, angry, knowing his time was short--filled mens hearts with hatred worldwide thus ww1-- the other 3 riders rode--millions upon millions died all over the earth after ww1 from pestilence, disease, starvation.
The 2nd ride of the white horse is Jesus leading Gods armies to earth at Harmageddon. Where at rev 16 teaches a very sad situation--- with 3 inspired expressions, satan misleads every kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) to stand in opposition to God at Harmageddon-- I believe its the same #,s as in Noahs day-- 99% mislead.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
kjw47 said:
A false prophet---makes up a prophecy of his own accord.

Harmageddon-- a real prophecy--not made by man but guaranteed by God---An error = putting a date on a real prophecy.
The darkness cant seem to tell one from the other. ( confusion would be my guess)
You need to research all the false prophecies of Russell - Rutherford

It is a long list

Or maybe you like to be suckered ??

A guy has to be brain dead to follow Russell - Rutherford

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
You need to research all the false prophecies of Russell - Rutherford

It is a long list

Or maybe you like to be suckered ??

A guy has to be brain dead to follow Russell - Rutherford
I will take my chances at judgement standing by men who erred with words but were corrected later over disunified mass of confusion religions whose bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens. Then will tell who is braindead.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
kjw47 said:
I will take my chances at judgement standing by men who erred with words but were corrected later over disunified mass of confusion religions whose bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens. Then will tell who is brain dead.
Classic bigotry, painting everyone in a particular category with the same brush. You don't like it when people do that with your religion. But you have no problem doing it yourself. You think that no one else was ever corrected? You think that 'being right' is what makes the church valid? On the contrary, the only true bond of unity is love. If you paint all other Christendom with the blood-guilt brush, you are not only delusional, you are a bigot. Please reconsider.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
williemac said:
Classic bigotry, painting everyone in a particular category with the same brush. You don't like it when people do that with your religion. But you have no problem doing it yourself. You think that no one else was ever corrected? You think that 'being right' is what makes the church valid? On the contrary, the only true bond of unity is love. If you paint all other Christendom with the blood-guilt brush, you are not only delusional, you are a bigot. Please reconsider.

It goes far beyond bloodguilt to be in a false religion that serves a false god.

Being right is a requirement---- The Father is searching for suchlike ones to worship him in spirt and truth---- in order to have truth one must be right.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
Jesus Christ has His Kingdom

The Jehovah's Witnesses have their Kingdom

Hell of a difference

Make sure you pick the right one

The JW, teachers have picked the right one--the trinity teachers are so blinded by the darkness they don't even believe Jesus' words---they teach the kingdom belongs to Jesus forever--But Jesus taught---the kingdom, power and glory all belong to the Father( YHWH(Jehovah) in the lords prayer.
1 cor 15:24-28---teaches--after Jesus hands back the kingdom to his God and Father , he will be in subjection( no equality)

Yes I picked the right one. I pray you will too.

Secondhand Lion said:
Kjw,

Who is Jesus? Please explain everything you know Him to be.

SL

Gods second in command--Gods son--the one sent by God-the Messiah-- the reigning king of Gods kingdom until he gives it back to his God and Father and subjects himself.

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
kjw47 said:
Gods second in command--Gods son--the one sent by God-the Messiah-- the reigning king of Gods kingdom until he gives it back to his God and Father and subjects himself.
But Jesus is equal to God is He not? As matter of fact Jesus did not consider it robbery to be equal to God: but made Himself of no reputation, and took on the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. So as a result God highly exalted Jesus, and given Jesus a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, in earth, and under the earth; and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of the Father. Because there will be a day where every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess.

Don't worry. I will beware lest any man spoil me through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in Christ dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Philippians 2:6-11; Romans 14:11; Colossians 2:8-9
SL

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Secondhand Lion said:
But Jesus is equal to God is He not? As matter of fact Jesus did not consider it robbery to be equal to God: but made Himself of no reputation, and took on the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. So as a result God highly exalted Jesus, and given Jesus a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, in earth, and under the earth; and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of the Father. Because there will be a day where every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess.

Don't worry. I will beware lest any man spoil me through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in Christ dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Philippians 2:6-11; Romans 14:11; Colossians 2:8-9
SL

2 quotes of your statement contradict Jesus' truths. Are you taught equality among the three? Jesus teaches-- The Father is greater than I.--- A true follower bows in obeisance to our king. By learning all of his truths and applying all of his truths. But in the end--Jesus has a God just like we do-John 20:17, rev 3:12, 1 cor 15:24-28

poeticmommy

Mar 20, 2014
kjw47 said:
2 quotes of your statement contradict Jesus' truths. Are you taught equality among the three? Jesus teaches-- The Father is greater than I.--- A true follower bows in obeisance to our king. By learning all of his truths and applying all of his truths. But in the end--Jesus has a God just like we do-John 20:17, rev 3:12, 1 cor 15:24-28
I had tried to stay off of this thread, I did not want to put myself out there like this yet. However, I can no longer keep silent.

KJW, you are claiming that SL is contradicting himself while quoting scripture to you. You are also claiming that the Jehovah's Witnesses have the true teachings. I would like to ask you if I may, if what SL is saying to you is wrong because you believe it to be contradictory, how is it that you do not feel that way regarding all of the JW teachings that have contradicted themselves?

As an example, I would like to direct you to the JW teachings regarding the scripture found at Matthew 24:34, and what exactly is meant by the "generation" in that verse. For a very long time one of the basis for the JW teaching was that this scripture is in reference to a literal generation from 1914, and that the end would come before that generation passed. We are now 100 years past that, and the JW's now teach something different that contradicts what they have taught for decades.

There are other examples I can ask you about, but I am curious first to hear your explanation on this one? I just find it interesting that you seem to believe in contradicting truths for yourself, yet you claim someone else is wrong based on what you perceive to be contradictions.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
kjw47 said:
Gods word promises Gods kingdom will come at its appointed time,
kjw 47 .... I selected part of your post above in red

I agree Gods kingdom will come at its appointed time

So why doesn't it bother you that Charley Russell and then lawyer Rutherford were completely wrong in all their false teachings that the kingdom had already come ??

They never got one single thing right .

So dont trust your future to them

Just trust Christ. ... He is the only mediator between God and Man

Charley and Brooklyn never have been .... they just trick people into thinking they are.

This is not a complicated thing to figure out.

Its your future