The Great Apostasy in the Church.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, you are only looking for a singular man, and as a result, you are being blindsided to look in only one direction, when in fact it is all around you, through their words of world "peace and safety".

The final AC is a singular man. Currently we have MANY of them.

The Premil belief system is half way there in deception, by looking for "a kingdom" to rule the earth for "peace and safety".

Stop trying to make everything about Premill. This has nothing to do with Amill or Premill.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong with my vocabulary, and my choice of words. The undisclosed period of time for the Age of God's Grace is in the Father's own hands ONLY, whereby NO ONE, including Jesus, knows when HE shall end it. But, we all will know, when we see Jesus coming from heaven in all His Glory.

Since Jesus also does not know the time, he did say in his parables that he would be gone away a long time. You know, maybe a thousand years or 2024 years, just like the 12,000 out of each of the 12 tribes, which is all a figure of speech in symbolism.

God the Father has set no time limit on His Age of Grace, but Satan WILL, by his own deed of issuing the MoB.
So you are not talking about the thousand years in Revelation 20, but about the gospel being proclaimed in the first century? Obviously two entirely different events.

Why do redeemed people without sin, need to be taught the gospel? They already have that knowledge from birth. The Day of the Lord is about obedience in every day life, not salvation from sin and death. There is no transgression, the curse from Adam was lifted. Only everlasting righteousness. The nation of Israel restored as perfect sheep, the redeemed remnant. All of Israel serving God and ruling directly with their King, Jesus sitting on David's throne as promised. Not under the OT Law, nor under grace. This is perfection realized that should have remained if Adam had not disobeyed God.

Jesus is the second Adam when it comes to physical earth. Jesus has been the second Adam over spiritual matters since the Cross. The church has been gathered. Now physical creation will be restored per 1 Corinthians 15. God did not snap His fingers and the fulness of the Gentiles instantly appeared. Why expect creation to be restored over night? The fulness of the Gentiles has been 2 millennia. Longer than the 1400 years Israel had since Jericho was captured until the Messiah appeared.

There are no representatives reigning from Israel in Jerusalem since the Cross. That reign was put on hold. Surely the fulness of the Gentiles is not just symbolism. It is the reality of life for the last 2 millennia. Now we are facing the Day of the Lord that starts out with a baptism of fire. Along with the final harvest removing humanity from Adam's dead corruptible flesh. These redeemed out of Adam's flesh are the firstfruits and first generation of the Day of the Lord.

Unlike the 12 disciples from the OT Law who were spiritually redeemed to birth a church with the second birth, the Day of the Lord is about physical redemption, and no one should just spiritualize that point away. We are not talking about a symbolic few. We are talking about a specific number with a specific end result, the subjection of the entire creation within 1,000 years. The earth will be subdued as described in Genesis 1 by humanity. This is promised in Isaiah 65.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you hear through me, are the teachings (power) of God's Holy Spirit, with scriptures, and not that of the wisdom of men, aka the many doctrines of denominational Churh-ianity (worldly logic).
1 Cor. 2[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

So then, what you command me to do, according to scripture, has been done!
My mind HAS BEEN renewed  through the teachings by the Holy Spirit of God, and not that of the wisdom of men.
Then you should drop the term immortal body. That is mythology. Paul said there was a corruptible body and an incorruptible body. That is the Scriptural terms to use. There is a temporal dead physical body, and a permanent live physical body. 2 Corinthians 5:1.

A body will always be physical. That was true from Genesis 1.

The term mortal means death. The term immortal means not death. Both words still have death in their connotation. Perhaps it is OK to say that Adam's body is death, and God's given body is life? "Non death" (immortal) still gives a carnal sentiment. Just saying. You don't like church-ianity. But replacing your lingo with Latinized Greek mythology, and what Hollywood portrays, seems the wrong direction.

I get it that Paul used a Greek term, but he was explaining death puts on life, and the English translators went with the Latin equivalent instead of just using death puts on life, which is the English equivalent.

Now people are just confused and go with the carnal thinking of immortal. The word is not dealing with the body, but with the spirit. You are dead without your spirit. When you put on your spirit you are leaving death for life. That is being glorified and a restored son of God, not just in name, but reality.

And Jesus always had a spirit and an incorruptible physical body. Jesus was never in Adam's dead corruptible flesh, without his spirit. Jesus was human with a physical body, but without sin, which means without a body of corruption. Not that He was just obedient. He was the Lamb without blemish in all ways. Having Adam's dead corruptible flesh would mean He was blemished. He was not just a perfect example, He was God, and without death from the womb of Mary, not that He needed to die and be redeemed like us. He was our redemption, so without blemish from conception to eternity. Jesus was always the spotless Lamb slain, even before creation.

Immortal means not dead, it does not mean not corrupt. Jesus' body was only dead for 3 evenings and mornings. It was not dead between conception and the Cross, nor in a state of death as we all are even though physically alive. Nor did that body ever see corruption. Acts 2:31

"He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption."

BTW, your "single factor" lands in "other" of my multiple choice.
Other is the only Scripturally option. None of the other options even hint at Scripture.

Mortal = death.

Spirit = light

Spirit and mortal = light and death

Immortal = not death

Immortal and Spirit = not death and light

Jesus only displayed His Spirit one time on the mount of Transfiguration to Peter, James, and John.

Jesus always had His Spirit, but never publicly displayed this part of His being.

"And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light."

Spirit is light, and put on by every one in Christ at one point in time. The 5th Seal. That is why Paul calls it death putting on life. A few more verses:

"And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."

"Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father."

We are to shine spiritually as a light in the world. But eternal life is still a physical light having on the spirit. Creation is both spiritual and physical, not in contrast to each other as some posit it philosophically.

There is plenty of Scripture showing God is light and not just in a symbolic form. Actual light that replaces the need for created lights. Starting in Genesis 1, when creation was darkness, and God declared there to be light.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad to hear that you agree that there are currently many who have that spirit of antichrist, which are they who deny both God the Father and the Son.
Stop trying to make everything about Premill. This has nothing to do with Amill or Premill.
Amil believes that the 10H Beast and it's Image is about two global systems of world governance, working together to achieve world "peace and safety". 1 Thes. 5
[3] For when THEY [of the world] shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Among all the nations, those two global systems are presently at work to bring about a singular form of Economic Unity and a Social Equality. For all who do not comply with (worship) their global narrative and agenda, "they should be killed". Rev. 13:15

At the moment, we are literally watching that demand of compliance in action, being that of the war of Israel with Gaza. Rev. 9:13-21
For those who are seeking world peace and safety, it all appeals to the flesh of "the natural man", to destroy and eliminate those who have a belief system that is not in compliance with the concept of world peace and safety by the Beast and it's Image.
John 16
[2] They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Amil
believes that except for God's born again saints, this entire world will be immediately destroyed, "when" Jesus suddenly returns from Heaven, in flaming fire.
Premil believes that upon Jesus' sudden return, only a portion of the world will be destroyed, leaving most people mortally alive, for "a second chance" to physically live under a KoG on earth, that is made over/remodeled, with the literal presence ofJesus, for an additional 1000 years.

Mat. 10
[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Luke 12
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad to hear that you agree that there are currently many who have that spirit of antichrist, which is to deny the Father and the Son.

Amil believes that the Beast and it's Image is about two global systems of world governance, working together to achieve world "peace and safety". 1 Thes. 5
[3] For when THEY [of the world] shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Among all the nations, those two global systems are presently at work to bring about a singular form of Economic Unity and a Social Equality. For all who do not comply with (worship) their global narrative and agenda, "they should be killed".

At the moment, we are literally watching that demand of compliance in action, being that of the war of Israel with Gaza. Rev. 9:13-21
For those who are seeking world peace and safety, it all appeals to the flesh of "the natural man", to destroy and eliminate those
who have a belief system that is not in compliance with the concept of the Beast and it's Image. John 16
[2] They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Amil
believes that except for God's born again saints, this entire world will be immediately destroyed, "when" Jesus suddenly returns from Heaven, in flaming fire.
Premil believes that upon Jesus' sudden return, only a portion of the world will be destroyed, leaving most people mortally alive, for "a second chance" to physically live under a KoG on earth, that is made over/remodeled, with the literal presence ofJesus, for an additional 1000 years.

Mat. 10
[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Luke 12
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

This one world system will only happen after the Second Coming and fire burns up everything. How can what is in place now be used at all, if it is all burned up? Simple. It will be spiritual, seeing as how you claim Revelation is symbolic anyways. This future system is the 8th kingdom after the 7th Trumpet declares Jesus as the 7th one world government.

It is not just about a Second Coming. It is about the trouble of Jacob and how people want to insert the church into Jacob's trouble. You cannot insert the NT church into the 1400 years prior to the birth of Jesus. Nor can you insert the church into life on earth prior to the NHNE after the Second Coming. Revelation is not about second chances. Revelation is about those still alive on earth during the final harvest. The NT church was not a steward during the period between Moses and Jesus living on the earth. Isreal was not a steward on earth between the Cross and now. Jesus is the steward after the Second Coming, not the church.

The church is slightly better than religious Israel. However the faith in Christ saves us so, at least they will not be condemned for their works. Just not having anything to show for their rewards. Apostasy is more than just declaring another gospel. Apostasy is disregarding other parts of Scripture as relevant to living life. Apostasy is being entangled in the affairs of life. Apostasy is still being moral in the eyes of the world, but fitting in like Lot in Sodom. Lot was still saved from judgment.

"And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds; ) The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:"

God only knows our heart, even better than we do. Apostasy is basically what hinders the church from growing. But a dead church is better than a lukewarm one.

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

Satan would have a Christian bogged down in worldly affairs thinking they are pleasing God at the same time, but that is a lukewarm mentality. That is the apostasy of the prosperity gospel, when abused. Prosperity is what ruined Solomon and split the kingdom into two halves. This world is not our home, nor the things in it ours. If one can use the world's resources to spread the gospel, that is one thing, but that is through faith as God provides. That is not putting our faith in the world's system and expect to live by the world's standards.

The church will not see the Abomination of Desolation. So what we observe today will be nothing like what God will allow Satan if God sees fit. Apostasy is a far cry from what will happen if Satan is in total control. The world cannot really become apostate. The world is already dead from the get go. Apostasy is for those who were once hot for God with the second birth, but like Lot returned to live in Sodom.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one world system will only happen after the Second Coming and fire burns up everything. How can what is in place now be used at all, if it is all burned up? Simple. It will be spiritual, seeing as how you claim Revelation is symbolic anyways. This future system is the 8th kingdom after the 7th Trumpet declares Jesus as the 7th one world government.

It is not just about a Second Coming. It is about the trouble of Jacob and how people want to insert the church into Jacob's trouble. You cannot insert the NT church into the 1400 years prior to the birth of Jesus. Nor can you insert the church into life on earth prior to the NHNE after the Second Coming. Revelation is not about second chances. Revelation is about those still alive on earth during the final harvest. The NT church was not a steward during the period between Moses and Jesus living on the earth. Isreal was not a steward on earth between the Cross and now. Jesus is the steward after the Second Coming, not the church.

The church is slightly better than religious Israel. However the faith in Christ saves us so, at least they will not be condemned for their works. Just not having anything to show for their rewards. Apostasy is more than just declaring another gospel. Apostasy is disregarding other parts of Scripture as relevant to living life. Apostasy is being entangled in the affairs of life. Apostasy is still being moral in the eyes of the world, but fitting in like Lot in Sodom. Lot was still saved from judgment.

"And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds; ) The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:"

God only knows our heart, even better than we do. Apostasy is basically what hinders the church from growing. But a dead church is better than a lukewarm one.

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

Satan would have a Christian bogged down in worldly affairs thinking they are pleasing God at the same time, but that is a lukewarm mentality. That is the apostasy of the prosperity gospel, when abused. Prosperity is what ruined Solomon and split the kingdom into two halves. This world is not our home, nor the things in it ours. If one can use the world's resources to spread the gospel, that is one thing, but that is through faith as God provides. That is not putting our faith in the world's system and expect to live by the world's standards.

The church will not see the Abomination of Desolation. So what we observe today will be nothing like what God will allow Satan if God sees fit. Apostasy is a far cry from what will happen if Satan is in total control. The world cannot really become apostate. The world is already dead from the get go. Apostasy is for those who were once hot for God with the second birth, but like Lot returned to live in Sodom.
I can't say that I agree with most all of what you say. The one world system will literally happen BEFORE Jesus returns in all His Glory. In that Day, no one that is left to be of mere flesh and blood will be able to stand and live in the presence of God the Father, who is within Jesus. They will die!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the TR Greek there is no reference to a singular man, but rather "the lawless", which means in the plural, all who are "lawless".

Textus Receptus Greek 2 Thes. 2:8-9 with correction, for the reading of the KJV:

2:8 καὶ and τότε then ἀποκαλυφθήσεται will be revealed  THE ἄνομος LAWLESS ὃν whom

the κύριος Lord ἀναλώσει will consume τῷ with the πνεύματι spirit τοῦ of

στόματος mouth αὐτοῦ his καὶ and καταργήσει destroys τῇ the

ἐπιφανείᾳ surface τῆς of παρουσίας presence αὐτοῦ  on

2:9 οὗ where ἐστιν isthe παρουσία presence κατ
of ἐνέργειαν power τοῦ of

σατανᾶ satan ἐν in πάσῃ all δυνάμει lying καὶ and σημείοις signs καὶ and

τέρασιν lying ψεύδους  falsehood

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church will not see the Abomination of Desolation. So what we observe today will be nothing like what God will allow Satan if God sees fit.
Correct you are, because in the very beginning of the early church, the disciples at Jesus' cross DID literally SEE "the abomination that maketh desolate", being that of Jesus' crucifixion, whereby his physical temple body was desolated/destroyed to death, which was in anti-type to the type of Dan. 12:11**, as revealed in John 2:20-21.

Not only that, but also because Jesus' death was "an abomination" unto God the Father, God also brought on the desolation of the temple in Jerusalem in 70AD, and scattered the Jews.
**Note: please see 1 Maccabees 1 for that literal fulfillment in 167 BC by king Antiochus Epiphanes IV of the Seleucid Empire (Greeks).

Please understand what God has done, by understanding what Proverbs 6:16-19 is actually saying.....from God the Father's perspective:
Proverbs 6
[16] These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
[17] A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
[18] An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
[19] A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Please see verse 17 for the 7th abomination....unto God.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the TR Greek there is no reference to a singular man, but rather "the lawless", which means in the plural, all who are "lawless".

No, the word used is antichristos and it is singular not plural. The word is used other times in the plural but once in the singular which proves the AC is a singular person as far as the final AC is concerned. Your belief is perfect for the AC to take advantage of and help him convince the world he is God because it's impossible to recognize the AC if you don't believe in him.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the word used is antichristos and it is singular not plural. The word is used other times in the plural but once in the singular which proves the AC is a singular person as far as the final AC is concerned. Your belief is perfect for the AC to take advantage of and help him convince the world he is God because it's impossible to recognize the AC if you don't believe in him.
Whether singular or plural, you are not hearing what the word "antichrist" is describing. As the scripture says: "THAT spirit of antichrist". The word "that" directs the words "spirit of" to be understood in the singular, of which then causes the word "antichrist" to be understood in the plural. "That [specific] spirit of antichrist" is in many.
So then, what identifies "THAT spirit"?
It denies both the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

When one accepts the possibility for both sides of the argument, even though one may appear more convincing than the other, deception is not possible in it's manifestation.
For an analogy, It's like looking at the black and red squares of a "Checker board" game, and that of the squares of a "Chess board" game. One won't make a mistake of which game is being played.

We are not to be overly focused on a singular antichrist of prominence, but rather the overall pervasiveness of "THAT spirit" manifesting ITSELF throughout all of human society, aka as being those who are "the lawless", as I have proved in 2 Thes. 2:8-9, through the literal words in the Textus Receptus Greek. Please see my post #167.

The KJV, when translated, had made a grave error, whether unknowingly or intentional, I'm not sure.
In either case, today's modern Bibles have increased the error exponentially, having an additional problem, being that some are translated from the Wescott and Hort Greek. For example: the NASB, the NIV Bible and the NWT Bible of the JW's, to name a few.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't say that I agree with most all of what you say. The one world system will literally happen BEFORE Jesus returns in all His Glory. In that Day, no one that is left to be of mere flesh and blood will be able to stand and live in the presence of God the Father, who is within Jesus. They will die!
They are already dead. Or do you mean removed from physically enjoying earth?

Jesus is on earth with His angels removing souls from Adam's dead corruptible flesh. This is not science fiction where God snaps a finger, and 8 billion of humanity suddenly dissappear. Nor will there be 8 billion dead bodies laying around.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct you are, because in the very beginning of the early church, the disciples at Jesus' cross DID literally SEE "the abomination that maketh desolate", being that of Jesus' crucifixion, whereby his physical temple body was desolated/destroyed to death, which was in anti-type to the type of Dan. 12:11**, as revealed in John 2:20-21.

Not only that, but also because Jesus' death was "an abomination" unto God the Father, God also brought on the desolation of the temple in Jerusalem in 70AD, and scattered the Jews.
**Note: please see 1 Maccabees 1 for that literal fulfillment in 167 BC by king Antiochus Epiphanes IV of the Seleucid Empire (Greeks).

Please understand what God has done, by understanding what Proverbs 6:16-19 is actually saying.....from God the Father's perspective:
Proverbs 6
[16] These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
[17] A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
[18] An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
[19] A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Please see verse 17 for the 7th abomination....unto God.
In other words, you claim Satan took over and sat in the physical body of God for a few hours on a Cross?

Was Satan also the propitiation while on the Cross? You certainly have a strange view of Jesus being on the earth, and Satan taking over that body.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether singular or plural, you are not hearing what the word "antichrist" is describing

You are changing the text to match your preconceived beliefs. You change AC singular into some type of plurality which destroys what the original text says. Until you recognize and admit that, you will not progress in knowledge on this subject. As I said, not believing in the AC is perfect for the AC to be successful and for him to cause the Apostasy.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words, you claim Satan took over and sat in the physical body of God for a few hours on a Cross?

Was Satan also the propitiation while on the Cross? You certainly have a strange view of Jesus being on the earth, and Satan taking over that body.
Premil believers think that the AoD is still a future event.
You are trying to apply your FUTURISTIC understanding of what you think "the abomination that maketh desolate" shall be , along side that which was literally fulfilled by Antiochus Epiphanes in 167BC.

Jesus took that fulfilled event in 167BC as being a type, and applied it to Himself in anti-type.
Again, the "AoD" was prophesied by Daniel in approx. 500BC., and was fulfilled by Antiochus Epiphanes in 167BC, of which makes it to be a PAST event. Once a prophesy has been fulfilled, it can NOT be fulfilled again.

However, in regards to the AoD, a past event, Jesus was using it in type and anti-type, applying it to HIMSELF, in that it was His temple body, that would be desolated and destroyed. That act against him, while on the cross, fulfilled the 7th abomination that God hated, of which was DONE TO HIS SON, who was of "innocent blood". Proverbs 6:17

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are changing the text to match your preconceived beliefs. You change AC singular into some type of plurality which destroys what the original text says. Until you recognize and admit that, you will not progress in knowledge on this subject. As I said, not believing in the AC is perfect for the AC to be successful and for him to cause the Apostasy.
All I did was to show what the literal Greek words mean from the Textus Receptus Greek, as opossed to how the KJV was translated, using the TR Greek.
The other modern English translations, are more worse off.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Apostasy means to fall away from the truth. Therefore, an apostate is someone who has once believed and then rejected the truth of God. Apostasy is a rebellion against God because it is a rebellion against truth and falling away from the truth we are given in Gods Word. We have been warned that this would happen in the church, and it did happen.
Ahhhh, 'The Truth' .....and we may well ask, what truth? It sounds similar to the question Pilate asked of Jesus.
Jesus had earlier said, 'I am The Truth'.....and here was Pilate standing right in front of The Truth and didn't recognise it.

We might also ask, the truth about what? I would say it's the truth of the Character of God. This truth has been misrepresented and maligned to humanity right from the time of the Garden of Eden.

To fall away from the truth means to believe the lie perpetrated about the Character of God.

How is it possible to love another if what one knows of them is a lie?....and yes, even a well concealed lie; a lie which appears at first glance to be The Truth?

The final message to the inhabitants of Earth will be that which vindicates God's Character and all will decide which way the chips will fall for them, ie who will they believe?

Here is a PDF which addresses this question:-

Attachments

• Did-God-Kill-Jesus9.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Premil believers think that the AoD is still a future event.
You are trying to apply your FUTURISTIC understanding of what you think "the abomination that maketh desolate" shall be , along side that which was literally fulfilled by Antiochus Epiphanes in 167BC.
No I am not, and you totally sidestepped the point: you are destroying what God actually did on the Cross.

The prophecy in Daniel was fulfilled.

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place."

Are you going to accuse Jesus of being a futurist, who does not understand a prophecy cannot happen twice?

Jesus was not talking about the Cross, but about a Second Coming.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was not talking about the Cross, but about a Second Coming.
No, it was God the Father talking about His Son's cross, and those that shed His innocent blood, as being an abomination unto Him. Prov. 6:17.

You are not hearing the words of Daniel 9
[27] And he [Jesus] shall confirm the [New] covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he [Jesus] shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation [the temple sevices] to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he [Jesus] shall make it desolate [void of God, destroyed], even until the consummation [the end of time], and that determined [verse 24] shall be poured [out] upon the desolate [the repentant unsaved].
Acts 10
[45] And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophecy in Daniel was fulfilled.
Yes! But NOT how church-ianity wants to understand it.

Dan. 12:11-12 was literally fulfilled by Antiochus Epiphanes and Judus Maccabeus, BEFORE Jesus' first appearance in the flesh, upon the baptism of His ministry.
[11] And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, AND [when] the abomination that maketh desolate [be] set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days [1290].
[12] Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days [1335].
1335 days minus 1290 days = 45 days.

See 1 Maccabees chs.1-4 for the historical account.
Antiochus desolated the temple, and Judas Maccabeus restored the temple 45 days later.

In typology, Jesus applied the above fulfilled prophecy to Himself, to show that in likeness, His temple body (John 2:20-21) was going to be desolated and restored also, including the blessing for those who waited and cometh to the days of Pentecost, whereby the "BLESSING" of God's Holy Spirit was "poured out" upon all repentant believers in Jesus, as prophesied in Daniel 9:24, 27 and shown to be fulfilled in Acts 10:45.
"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place."
Jesus did "stand in the holy place". He was in the temple building, aka "the tabernacle", numerous times.
"The whole tabernacle was holy, in that it was set apart for worship and sacrifices to God. However, the tabernacle was separated into 3 areas, the Outer Court, the Holy Place, and the Most Holy Place (or Holy of Holies)".

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad to hear that you agree that there are currently many who have that spirit of antichrist, which are they who deny both God the Father and the Son.

Amil believes that the 10H Beast and it's Image is about two global systems of world governance, working together to achieve world "peace and safety". 1 Thes. 5

Among all the nations, those two global systems are presently at work to bring about a singular form of Economic Unity and a Social Equality. For all who do not comply with (worship) their global narrative and agenda, "they should be killed". Rev. 13:15

For those who are seeking world peace and safety, it all appeals to the flesh of "the natural man", to destroy and eliminate those who have a belief system that is not in compliance with the concept of world peace and safety by the Beast and it's Image.
John 16

Amil

Mat. 10
Luke 12
The Pope says those are being put together for the "Common Good"..
What does Catholic Social Teaching say about the economy? It’s more complicated than you think.