The GREAT TRIBULATION Has Begun!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I do not live in fear of my Saviour and self honesty compels me to ask what the 'religious' might deem blasphemy.
Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Heb 12:28-29 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. (29) For our God is a consuming fire.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whip was for the cattle. How else would one move livestock languishing in the Palestinian sun except with the crack of a whip. He turned (not knocked) over the tables of the money changers and this action alarmed the blazers out of the money changers....of course they bolted. I can also see them scrambling for the coins bouncing off the tiling.

Let me add, you have framed this event as you do other scriptures in a light to underpin your view of violence.....however, authority does not require violence....only weakness does. If it's possible read the account without violent assumptions and you will find a different picture emerges....and if you are tempted to think that I am saying Jesus was a wet noodle you would be in error there as well.

Your words above are a typical view of God. You frame God as if he were the harsh one and Jesus the soft one....not understanding that Jesus was the revealing of God. You also confuse sin and sinners in the same statement.....you are caught in your subjectivity of making God in your image.....think about it!
Not at all in line with the thread, but in my personal opinion, I believe Jesus astonished the people out of the Temple in the same way that He did when He preached to the masses, ... WITH AUTHORITY.
Matthew 7:28-29

He was 'eaten up with passion (zeal) for His house.'
John 2:17

After all, it was HIS House they were disgracing. Which means they were not His people.

Why would He be gentle and light-handed?

He won't be gentle with the wicked and sinners, either.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not at all in line with the thread, but in my personal opinion, I believe Jesus astonished the people out of the Temple in the same way that He did when He preached to the masses, ... WITH AUTHORITY.
Matthew 7:28-29

He was 'eaten up with passion (zeal) for His house.'
John 2:17

After all, it was HIS House they were disgracing. Which means they were not His people.

Why would He be gentle and light-handed?

He won't be gentle with the wicked and sinners, either.
Was he (Jesus) gentle with Judas?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Heb 12:28-29 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. (29) For our God is a consuming fire.
What are you doing Stumpmaster? .... are you attempting to use the word 'fear' in the sense that one cannot live in confidence of God's love for us?

It is confidence that I have long coveted and now bask in....will you attempt to nullify it by using scripture?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What are you doing Stumpmaster? .... are you attempting to use the word 'fear' in the sense that one cannot live in confidence of God's love for us?

It is confidence that I have long coveted and now bask in....will you attempt to nullify it by using scripture?
Sorry I didn't include some elucidating remarks with those two references, quietthinker. I normally do but had some other things to attend to.

I remember one of the pastoral leaders in a fellowship I was in describing a particular experience of God's discipline he had by using the phrase, "Daddy smack".

My love for God includes the respectful fear that a child should have of their father correcting them for disobedience, a fear that the Bible says we should have as a precursor to wisdom.

Confidence in God's love and godly fear are not mutually exclusive.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the last 20-30 years, there has been an unprecedented number, and intensity, of the following:

Floods
Tornadoes
Hurricanes
Earthquakes
Droughts
Wildfires
Wars
Blood/Odd Moons/Eclipses

(Dates and details to be added if needed.)

Climate change, right?

Anytime somebody says, "Hey, something is strange about all these crazy weather events and earth calamities.", they are immediately silenced with, "OH, it's Climate change. Nothing to see, here."

When you consider the descriptions given in the Bible of things that will mark the beginning of the Tribulation, it is undeniable. For those who prefer to claim that it's only "Birth Pains", you must then admit that we are at the precipice of the Tribulation.

And, again, when you consider Covid and the Vax issues all over the world currently, that Matthew 24:15-21 section becomes mighty relevant.

We're there, guys. We are right there.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was he (Jesus) gentle with Judas?
Judas is not the same thing.

Judas was planned opposition from the moment Jesus chose him.

“Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
John 6:70

Why would Jesus even need to oppose him in any way, gently OR violently? He fully intended for him to betray him. He had NO intention of allowing the wicked people to remain in the Temple conducting themselves the way they were.

Clearing out an entire temple full of greedy, money-grubbing sales people was likely not an "Excuse me, please leave" type of affair. Why did He take the time to weave a whip, QT? He could've simply shooed the livestock around if that were even a reality and quietly and politely asked folks to disperse if that were His intent.

He cracked a whip, dumped out money bags and overturned tables.
Come on! :D

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I doubt it
“Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
This statement was made years after Judas was chosen.
Why would Jesus even need to oppose him in any way, gently OR violently?
Jesus didn't need opposition....he even called him 'friend' at the moment of betrayal
He fully intended for him to betray him.
are you are saying Jesus set up his own demise?
Why did He take the time to weave a whip,
I've said it before....several times....The whip was to move languishing livestock the crack of which was needed to move them.....he did not beat them....this is evident in his compassion for the animals when he told those selling doves to get them out of there. The doves were in cages; there would have been harmed had they been handled roughly.

If you want your own feeling of revenge justified you will superimpose them onto Jesus....that's how it works.
God does not need revenge. Man is done and dusted here on earth in eighty years. God has eternity.
Death is a consequence not the result of revenge!
Clearing out an entire temple full of greedy, money-grubbing sales people was likely not an "Excuse me, please leave" type of affair. Why did He take the time to weave a whip, QT? He could've simply shooed the livestock around if that were even a reality and quietly and politely asked folks to disperse if that were His intent.
Why interpret my words in a way never intended??
Why interpret Jesus' words in a way never intended??

'Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how often would I have gathered you as a hen gathers her chicks, but you would not.....'
This does not sound like one who is vengeful, a get you back sort of person. Have you forgotten that Jesus died for sinners....all of progeny of Adam ....Romans 5

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt it

This statement was made years after Judas was chosen.

Jesus didn't need opposition....he even called him 'friend' at the moment of betrayal

are you are saying Jesus set up his own demise?

I've said it before....several times....The whip was to move languishing livestock the crack of which was needed to move them.....he did not beat them....this is evident in his compassion for the animals when he told those selling doves to get them out of there. The doves were in cages; there would have been harmed had they been handled roughly.

If you want your own feeling of revenge justified you will superimpose them onto Jesus....that's how it works.
God does not need revenge. Man is done and dusted here on earth in eighty years. God has eternity.
Death is a consequence not the result of revenge!

Why interpret my words in a way never intended??
Why interpret Jesus' words in a way never intended??

'Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how often would I have gathered you as a hen gathers her chicks, but you would not.....'
This does not sound like one who is vengeful, a get you back sort of person. Have you forgotten that Jesus died for sinners....all of progeny of Adam ....Romans 5
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Start a thread on the topic elsewhere and it can be debated at length.

This thread is about the Great Tribulation.

Reader says recent events signal Christ's Return

"On September 15, 2020, the governments of the United States, Israel, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain signed the historic Abraham Accord Peace Treaty at the White House. More Middle East countries are expected to also sign and join later. The prophetic magnitude of this event cannot be overstated. Many Christians think this peace treaty will be the one the Bible says the Anti-Christ strengthens during the seven-year tribulation."
www.elizabethton.com

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all knew this thread was inevitable. I haven't seen one exactly like this in my time here, but surely there have been a few, I'm guessing.

By what I've seen of the most outspoken voices here, this won't be a fair fight, but that's ok. True Christians were meant to battle giants. And it is God's fight, not ours.

It truly seems silly to even have to debate this, but there are those here with great power who cannot allow this view to stand. It goes against everything they are here to stifle.

If I had the authority, I would completely exclude any debate about Pre-Trib Rapture in this thread because it will no doubt be used extensively to detour this thread and become the war cry of those who oppose the position of the OP; it has been extensively, and repeatedly, proven to be false and I, personally, will not discuss it herein. Unfortunately, it is fair game and the best we can hope for is to completely ignore that aspect of debate in this thread. For those interested in discussing the Titled position, please refrain from addressing Pre-Trib and stick to the information being presented to discuss this case. Any and all scriptural proof otherwise to counter the views of the OP are welcomed.

The Seven Seals are a good place to start to build my case that this has begun. The First Seal presents the Antichrist. (Revelation 6:1-2) He rides a white horse (has a holy appearance), speaks of peace (his message seems caring), and gives the widely-assumed impression of having the people's best interest at heart. This marks the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

Not only do all of these characteristics fit the Pope and the Vatican church perfectly, but it is very interesting to note the recent statement by the Pope that it is perfectly ok for people to take the Jab despite the use of fetal cells in its makeup. (There are countless news articles about this - easy to find)

Within the description of the First Seal is the giving of a Crown to the Antichrist. This gives him great power and authority from the devil to administer his way throughout the world. Would you find it interesting to know that the word 'Crown' in Spanish, Italian and Latin is 'Corona'? The Vatican city's only official language is Italian; and Latin has long been known as a Biblical language. Many of the books concerning spells and ritual magic, as well as parameters for occultic sacrifice, are also written in Latin.

The Second Seal
introduces great warfare upon the earth. It is symbolized by a rider with a large sword upon a fiery red horse. Red symbolizes blood and martyrdom and the Bible is clear that many will die fighting against the power of the Antichrist in the end times.

"When He opened the Second Seal, ... out came another horse, bright red, Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, ..."
Revelation 6:3-4

If you can't see, through the past two decades, many signs of continuing world calamities as well as the inevitable disaster that is right around the corner due to the Jab mandates all over the world, you will also refuse to see that we are very clearly within the beginning of the Great Tribulation ... and you will not prepare your soul for what is to come until it is too late.

Well I won't hit on the pre trib rapture, but answer as you write.

The Pope cannot be the antichrist. or the first rider! The first rider is not given a diadem but a stephanos (victors corwn) going out ot conquer. The Pope leads no army and has yet gone out militarily to conquer. This rider is a military/political leader not just a religious leader. Now if the pope grabs an army then He can be in the running for teh antichrist. (Alsdo as Daniel 9 shows, the antichrist starts teh tribulation when He signs a 7 year covenant with Israel, this hasn't happened yet)

The second horse? well we have had wars in most of the history of nations. But the two world wars come close to (close byut not fulfilled) fulfilling this prophecy. This is war encompassing all the inhabited continents and it will be very violent and bloody. As I like Scripture ti interpret its symbols, I sewe this as the antrichrist (rider on white horse) going out to war against the ten horns of Daniel and conqquering three and wreaking war globally as these ten kings rule the world. NAtrural result of large wars is the third and fourth horsemen. Faminie and edeath.

Reactions: GEN2REV

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
with these many doctrines i don't really know what to believe almost everyone has a point

i've already seen this kind of belief in early days of pandemic
but i think we should not forget what already happened we also need to consider the past do we really know when was the last days started?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pope cannot be the antichrist.
That's it? No scripture to support your opinion?
... or the first rider! The first rider is not given a diadem but a stephanos (victors crown) going out to conquer.
The Crown (Corona) is addressed in the OP. It's interesting that you discuss a mixture of symbolism and literalism while insisting on an overall literal translation of the verses in question. Why aren't you questioning the riders? Are we assuming the Pope rides a horse, but doesn't meet the rest of the requirements?
The Pope leads no army and has yet gone out militarily to conquer. ... Now if the pope grabs an army then He can be in the running for the antichrist.
Well, see, IF the Pope IS the Antichrist, he leads quite a number of armies. You see, all nations would answer to him.
This rider is a military/political leader not just a religious leader.
I'm always interested in learning. Do you have any scripture to support this?
(Also as Daniel 9 shows, the antichrist starts the tribulation when He signs a 7 year covenant with Israel, this hasn't happened yet)
Did you not see post #109 right before this one of yours? Also, the Vatican signed a treaty with Israel in 2015 so, that's two examples of possible completions of that part of the prophecy.
The second horse? well we have had wars in most of the history of nations. But the two world wars come close to (close but not fulfilled) fulfilling this prophecy. This is war encompassing all the inhabited continents and it will be very violent and bloody.
I guess we will see scripture to support this in coming posts?

Some interesting ideas, but not much useful for Bible Study & Discussion without scripture to compare and discuss.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm always interested in learning. Do you have any scripture to support this?

Well we know the antichrist is the eleventh horn that rises out of the ten horns:

All of Daniel 7 is important but I paste the key verses about teh antichrist:

Daniel 7:19-25
King James Version

19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Without going into great dtail- this is the chronological map of the times of the Gentiles as Jesus spoke of in the Olivet discourse.

The fourth kingdom conquers the third, then eventually it rules the whole earth (this also meshes with Daniel 2 and the vision of the statue).

Thenb when it rules th eworld (one world govt pushed for a long time now)
ten kings (rulers) rise up to rule the world, the eleventh (antichrist) rises and defeats three and rules until Jesus returns.

This is also shown in a different perspective in Rev. 13:

Revelation 13
King James Version

13 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

So a pople CAN be the antichrist if first he becomes a political ruler during the one world govt, and then the break up to the ten horns, but as it stands NOW, the best the pope can hope to be is th efalse prophet.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many believe that Matthew 24 depicts Jesus speaking to His disciples about what will happen, in detail, to the Temple in the next ~40 years, not about anything apocalyptic and not about anything in reference to the Great Tribulation or the following final end of all things.

Let's take a closer look.

Verse 1 & 2 of chapter 24 finds Jesus exiting the Temple and being confronted by His disciples who want to show Him the buildings of the Temple. Then Jesus makes His one, and only, statement about the Temple in this chapter.

"1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and His disciples came to Him for to shew Him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
Matthew 24:1-2

Now, there is a considerable time gap here that is not even hinted at in scripture. There is really no data at all as to how much time passes here, but Jesus and His disciples make the journey from the Temple to the Mount of Olives, approximately 30 minutes to the east of the Temple by foot. Verse 3 resumes with Jesus sitting down on the Mount of Olives and the disciples approaching Him to ask about some very important information.

"3 And as He sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

From this verse through verse 14, Jesus is speaking only of the Great Tribulation that will precede the final Wrath of God which IS the return of Jesus and the end of the world. There is absolutely zero indication that He is making any references whatsoever to the destruction of the Temple at this point.

Starting in verse 15, Jesus reiterates His description of the Great Tribulation and the Wrath to follow with even greater detail.

It is absolutely critical here to take note that in verse 31, Jesus describes what will happen at the very end of all the things He describes. Then, and only then, does He send His angels to gather the elect. Not before the Tribulation (Pre-Trib), nor during the Tribulation (Mid-Trib). Just exactly as He states five times in the book of John, He will raise up, and gather, His elect on the Last Day of the world. In total, it is mentioned six times in that book.

Finally we come to the
'this generation' verse that is so perverted by those who wish to spread the False Doctrine that everything mentioned thus far was only describing the destruction of the Temple in A.D. 70. As can be clearly seen, that is impossible.

Verse 33 & 34 states, " ... when ye shall see these things ..." referring to all the events Jesus just described happening in the Tribulation period, " ... know that it (Jesus' return and the end of the world) ... is near, ... ".

And now He specifies that it is this generation who sees all these things take place, that will witness His return and the end of all things. " ... I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." He is undeniably NOT referring to those who are present with Him at the moment of His speaking these words.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great tribulation (also known in the OT as the time of Jacob's trouble) occurs after the abomination of desolation spoken of in Daniel 9 which happens in the middle of the week. This time. being the most severe tribulation every seen on earth up to that time, and will be after. Is Gods wrath being poured out on Mankind. And will culminate with the return of Christ at a point of time when if he did not return. No flesh would survive. But he returns for the sake of the elect. "whoever endures to the end will be saved"

The last week of Daniel is began by a prince who confirms some covenant with many. Many believe it is a peace treaty with Israel. But this is not explicit in the text. It just says "the many" and the covenant itself is not named.

This covenant of course follows the many birth pangs, Which I believe we have been witnessing for the past century. and they keep getting closer. Including the wars and rumors of wars.

But as Jesus said, the end is not yet

Until that covenant is made. We are not yet in the final week of Daniels 70 weeks

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Gods wrath being poured out on Mankind.
No, because we are not in the Final Wrath of God which is a single day of gathering the saints/elect and utter destruction. We are in the beginning of the Tribulation period. They are not the same thing as has been stated repeatedly, and proven, in this thread.

By chance, did you read the prior post to yours?
We are not yet in the final week of Daniels 70 weeks
Can anybody explain why prophetic days equal a thousand years when it suits the person who is making a prophetic claim, and only equals one year when it suits a separate claim?

Daniel's 70th week equals 7 years, while his 1290 days equal literal days?

But what of: " ... be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2 Peter 3:8

There is a lot of disagreement in prophetic timelines, but many just assume one or the other.

Based on what, exactly?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The GREAT TRIBULATION Has Begun!
OP ^

Disagree.

Matt 24:
[3] ....what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
[4] ...Jesus answered...
[5] ...many... saying, I am Christ;
[6] ...ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars:
[7] ...nation shall rise against nation...
...kingdom against kingdom...
shall be famines...and pestilences...and earthquakes, in divers places.
[8] All these are the "beginning of sorrows."

*** THE WORLD "IS" experiencing "THE BEGINNING OF SORROWS".....NOT the "GREAT" Tribulation.

....Heard of wars, rumors of wars? YES.
....Nation rise against Nation? YES.
....Famines, Pestilences, Earthquakes in Diverse (here and there) places? YES.
...MANY saying "they are the Christ"? NO.

*** NEXT IN ORDER OF THESE SORROWS...
NOT YET, having come to pass...
IS... MANY saying "THEY ARE the Christ".

*** AFTER MANY saying; "THEY ARE the Christ".... THEN.... "More INTENSE" SORROWS

[9] Then shall they
("THEY"....Earthly men OF this World, sitting in SEATS OF POWER, with POWER of ARMIES, ARMS) deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
[10] And then shall many (people ON the Earth) be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
[11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
[12] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
[14] And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;
....Revelations 14:
[6] And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.
....Matthew 24:14 and then shall the end come. (<--- AFTER the SEALS...AFTER the 7th TRUMP)

THEN

Matt 24: The BEGINNING OF THE END...
* Abomination of Desolation...ie. --->
* Satan, Standing IN the rebuilt Temple IN Jerusalem, PROCLAIMING himself....GOD
Matt 24:
[15] When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand.

* FLEEING Jerusalem...

[16] Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
[17] Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
[18] Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
[19] And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
[20] But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

* THEN.... GREAT Tribulation...
(Upon...the Earth and Inhabitants WHO REJECTED the Lord Gods Salvation).

[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

ORDER and WAY

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the last 20-30 years, there has been an unprecedented number, and intensity, of the following:

Floods
Tornadoes
Hurricanes
Earthquakes
Droughts
Wildfires
Wars
Blood/Odd Moons/Eclipses

(Dates and details to be added if needed.)

Climate change, right?

Anytime somebody says, "Hey, something is strange about all these crazy weather events and earth calamities.", they are immediately silenced with, "OH, it's Climate change. Nothing to see, here."

When you consider the descriptions given in the Bible of things that will mark the beginning of the Tribulation, it is undeniable. For those who prefer to claim that it's only "Birth Pains", you must then admit that we are at the precipice of the Tribulation.

And, again, when you consider Covid and the Vax issues all over the world currently, that Matthew 24:15-21 section becomes mighty relevant.

We're there, guys. We are right there.

Admission of the Beginning of SORROWS...
Is one thing.
The BEGINNING OF THE GREAT Tribulation...
Is another thing.

Eh, so men OF the World are preaching:
Climate Change...pfff
And men OF the World...preaching THEY can FIX their "climate change" WITH:
THE PEOPLE'S "wealth" confiscation...AND
RESTRICTING THE PEOPLE'S "liberty"...PFFFF!
LIE!

Scripture Teaches...
INCREASE...of Knowledge and Events.
* A "Beginning" OF SORROWS ...
* DIVERSE "WEATHER" Events...
** DIVERSE...ie NOT ON the entire earth ALL At ONCE...here and there...earthquakes, floods, tornados, etc...INCREASING ...ie. More often, More intense.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GEN2REV said:

Agree.
Clearly revealed Jesus KNEW he was choosing one who would OPPOSE trusting, believing, IN Jesus.

Also Revealed, Judas was in charge of the Disciples Treasury...full well knowing $ money IN, $ money out...
* ^^ Important, revealing the very DISPUTE, Judas reveals his distrust, IN Jesus...
Money, money, money.... catalyst...greed....was Judas' complaint with Jesus.

* Purpose Revealed....by example of Judus.
Judas Followed "WITH" Jesus.
"WITH" is not sufficient for "assuredness" of Salvation.
* Repeated WARNINGS...."WiTH" is not sufficient, BECAUSE men are still "susceptible" TO corrupt influences and can TURN...Leave being WITH Jesus...and become "WITH" the corrupt.
* IN Christ...the SPIRIT IN the man...IS the WAY for assuredness of receiving SALVATION and the Lord be WITH that man Forever.

Glory to God,
Taken

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken said:
Matt 24:
[3] ....what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
[4] ...Jesus answered...
[5] ...many... saying, I am Christ;
Here's a list of 35 of the recorded people who have claimed to be Christ and deceived many since the 1700's: https://thefuelproject.org/blog/2018/3/2/list-of-people-who-claimed-to-be-jesus
Taken said:
[6] ...ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars:
[7] ...nation shall rise against nation...
...kingdom against kingdom...
shall be famines...and pestilences...and earthquakes, in divers places.
All of these have taken place and some are still taking place now.
Taken said:
....Heard of wars, rumors of wars? YES.
....Nation rise against Nation? YES.
....Famines, Pestilences, Earthquakes in Diverse (here and there) places? YES.
...MANY saying "they are the Christ"? NO.
Yes. See above.
Taken said:
[14] And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;
....Revelations 14:
[6] And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.
....Matthew 24:14 and then shall the end come. (<--- AFTER the SEALS...AFTER the 7th TRUMP)

THEN

Matt 24: The BEGINNING OF THE END...
How do you showcase 14:6 and even highlight where it states "then shall the end come." and follow that with "THEN The BEGINNING OF THE END. ???

Curiouser and curiouser.
Taken said:
* Abomination of Desolation...ie. --->
* Satan, Standing IN the rebuilt Temple IN Jerusalem, PROCLAIMING himself....GOD
Matt 24:
[15] When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand.
The Abomination of Desolation is spoken of in verse 15 where Jesus has begun going back over the details of the events that will lead up to the Final Day Wrath of God END of all things. Verse 13 & 14 cannot be ignored as the end of the world in that they state 'the end.'

13 "... he that shall endure unto the end, ... shall be saved."
14 " ... then shall the end come."

The end can only come once, brother. The end is ... the end.

This whole description of events is a response to the disciples' question " ... when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?" Verse 3

Also, the Bible states nowhere that satan is the abomination of desolation, nor that anyone will stand in a/the Temple. It refers only to AN abomination that makes desolate, whatever that may be - still up for debate; and the holy place - also debatable.

God doesn't dwell in buildings made by hands. Acts 7:48; 17:24. And God told Zechariah that He would build His Temple " ... Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts." Zechariah 4:6

A physical Temple does not now exist, and may not exist when all these things transpire, but the 3rd Temple of God may very well be under construction, if not complete in His people who worship Him in spirit and in Truth. I have already made my case that God's Temple, the 3rd Temple, is a structure built by precious Stones (1 Peter 2:4-6), which, according to Peter, are believers who make up the walls thereof.
Taken said:
* THEN.... GREAT Tribulation...
(Upon...the Earth and Inhabitants WHO REJECTED the Lord Gods Salvation).

[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

ORDER and WAY
When Jesus gets to this verse 21, He has already gone over this event in verse 9-14. He is reiterating now in further detail. Verse 23-26 are a restating of verse 3.

THEN in verse 29 Jesus very clearly states, "Immediately after the Tribulation of those days ... "

Please reconsider the order you have arranged the events of Matthew 24 as they do not stand up to even surface scrutiny.

God bless.