The great tribulation is rapidly approaching, survival depends on doing God's will Mat 7:21

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now is the time to get educated in Jehovah's ways and make your stand on His side. One would not want to wait until there is absolutely no doubt about what is occurring. Develop strong faith now to succeed in escaping all these things that must occur, before Christ's millennial reign.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The scriptural reference is: -

Matthew 7:21-23: - I Never Knew You
(Luke 6:46; 13:26,27)

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Build on the Rock
(Luke 6:47-49)

24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, 29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
NKJV

Jesus' statement that,"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." is the same as His statement a little further on in Chapter 16 where he states: -

Matthew 16:28: - 28 "Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death, {i.e. the second death}, till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."​
NKJV

And is also repeated in the Matthew 25:31-46 parable. All have the same message.

It is one thing to have the knowledge of what one must do to escape the second death, but it is another to actually put on the refurbished personhood, that reflects Christ's character, so that we are saved.

Shalom

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now is the time to get educated in Jehovah's ways and make your stand on His side. One would not want to wait until there is absolutely no doubt about what is occurring. Develop strong faith now to succeed in escaping all these things that must occur, before Christ's millennial reign.

Escape? How?

God's Word does not show Christ's faithful Church physically escaping the coming "great tribulation". Lord Jesus and His Apostles showed we would be here on earth through it, and to be prepared to give a Testimony against the beast for Christ by The Holy Spirit.

The idea of OUR escaping is to escape the 'temptation' that is coming during the "great tribulation", not a physical escape...

Rev 3:10
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
KJV

That's one of the verses the Pre-tribulational Rapture theory crowd tries to use as proof that we are raptured to Heaven prior to the great tribulation. Jesus actually said there He would keep His elect represented by that Church from that "hour of temptation", not to physically remove them from the earth. That "hour of temptation" represents the coming "great tribulation".

So what's the "temptation" that is to occur in that symbolic "hour"? It's this...

Matt 24:21-28
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
KJV

In the above, Lord Jesus is warning about the coming of a specific false-Messiah to Jerusalem for the end of this world. Right after that false Messiah shows up, the next Sign is the event of His 2nd coming and gathering of His faithful Church that waited on Him.

Thus that coming FALSE MESSIAH to Jerusalem, playing Christ (Messiah), is the TEMPTATION Lord Jesus was pointing to in Revelation 3:10. That is the "hour of temptation", and it will be about the temptation to fall away to that fake-Christ instead of WAITING on Lord Jesus to return to end the reign of the fake Jesus.

In 2 Thessalonians 2, Apostle Paul is warning us about this same event of that false Messiah in Jerusalem for the end, claiming to be God, and over all that is worshipped or even that is called... God (that means over ALL religious systems on earth, including the deceived in man's church systems.)

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptural reference is: -

Matthew 7:21-23: - I Never Knew You
(Luke 6:46; 13:26,27)

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Build on the Rock
(Luke 6:47-49)

24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, 29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
NKJV

Jesus' statement that,"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." is the same as His statement a little further on in Chapter 16 where he states: -

Matthew 16:28: - 28 "Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death, {i.e. the second death}, till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."​
NKJV

And is also repeated in the Matthew 25:31-46 parable. All have the same message.

It is one thing to have the knowledge of what one must do to escape the second death, but it is another to actually put on the refurbished personhood, that reflects Christ's character, so that we are saved.

Shalom

I gather you agree then sir, that now is the time to learn about God and obey His rules and regulations, not to wait until we see that this system is near it's end, is that correct?
Escape? How?

God's Word does not show Christ's faithful Church physically escaping the coming "great tribulation". Lord Jesus and His Apostles showed we would be here on earth through it, and to be prepared to give a Testimony against the beast for Christ by The Holy Spirit.

The idea of OUR escaping is to escape the 'temptation' that is coming during the "great tribulation", not a physical escape...

Rev 3:10
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
KJV

That's one of the verses the Pre-tribulational Rapture theory crowd tries to use as proof that we are raptured to Heaven prior to the great tribulation. Jesus actually said there He would keep His elect represented by that Church from that "hour of temptation", not to physically remove them from the earth. That "hour of temptation" represents the coming "great tribulation".

So what's the "temptation" that is to occur in that symbolic "hour"? It's this...

Matt 24:21-28
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
KJV

In the above, Lord Jesus is warning about the coming of a specific false-Messiah to Jerusalem for the end of this world. Right after that false Messiah shows up, the next Sign is the event of His 2nd coming and gathering of His faithful Church that waited on Him.

Thus that coming FALSE MESSIAH to Jerusalem, playing Christ (Messiah), is the TEMPTATION Lord Jesus was pointing to in Revelation 3:10. That is the "hour of temptation", and it will be about the temptation to fall away to that fake-Christ instead of WAITING on Lord Jesus to return to end the reign of the fake Jesus.

In 2 Thessalonians 2, Apostle Paul is warning us about this same event of that false Messiah in Jerusalem for the end, claiming to be God, and over all that is worshipped or even that is called... God (that means over ALL religious systems on earth, including the deceived in man's church systems.)

The Bible indicates that Jesus will return at the end of the tribulation, and that those called to be holy ones that are still alive on earth will meet him in the air 1 Thes 4:15-17 and that there will be some who come out of the great tribulation that stand in front of the throne sir that are not those sealed ones, rather a great crowd that are innumerable that come out of the great tribulation alive Rev 7:9-14. Hope that helps you to understand this Jay

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I gather you agree then sir, that now is the time to learn about God and obey His rules and regulations, not to wait until we see that this system is near it's end, is that correct?

The Bible indicates that Jesus will return at the end of the tribulation, and that those called to be holy ones that are still alive on earth will meet him in the air 1 Thes 4:15-17 and that there will be some who come out of the great tribulation that stand in front of the throne sir that are not those sealed ones, rather a great crowd that are innumerable that come out of the great tribulation alive Rev 7:9-14. Hope that helps you to understand this Jay

Paul tells us often in his letters that we should renew our minds and that we then should put on this refurbished personhood that God has always intended us to be since the beginning of time.

We can have a thirst for the "special knowledge" needed to save our souls but without a heart that reflects the true character of God, all of our thirsting in a vain thing that many will do believing that they are the "holy ones," only to hear that they too are condemned because of their hard heart which is "Greek" in nature.

Even though I may fail in my heart's desire to be like Christ in the things that I do, God will still be with me, even when i am walking through the valley of the second death, because I know that He will continue to draw me towards His Loving embrace and will forgive me for my choices that I freely make when those choices are centred on my selfish desire to live rather than to become a candidate for the second death. Because of this self centred desire to save my soul, to live, I will have sinned and I will hear that Christ never knew me.

It seems to me that I have a very different relationship and hope in Christ/God that will probably separate us at the time when it matters the most.

Shalom

PS: - It seems to me that all of your signposts to show people "the way," are all pointing in the wrong direction and are not pointing towards gaining everlasting life.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well developing that faith comes from the Word of God, not belonging to a man made organization that self proclaims itself as Gods sole channel of communication on earth.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not all that are sealed with God's seal are delivered up during the tribulation, but all the Church (except those saints that have died in Christ) will go through it.

The "great multitude" of Rev.7 you speak of represents the believing Gentiles that are sealed. The idea of their having 'come out of great tribulation' doesn't mean they escape it, but that they went through it and stayed faithful to Christ; they overcame it by His Blood. Those among them that will be delivered up overcome during the tribulation by the Blood of The Lamb per Revelation 12:11.

Rev 7:14-17
14 And I said unto him, "Sir, thou knowest." And he said to me, "These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

The following verses are for the time of Christ's future Millennial reign after the tribulation, and then into God's eternity. It is not... about some being raptured to Heaven during the tribulation like you're trying to infer.

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He That sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
KJV

The rewards to the saints are not handed out until Jesus' coming literal reign over all the earth, which is at His 2nd coming. We learn this in Revelation 11:18 with the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe of The Father and The Son taking over reign of all kingdoms of this world.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The media and the government got so many people scared of dying in order to get them to wear face masks and take vaccines in order to save their lives: it just shows that when the mark of the beast comes, the media and government will do the same again and many will comply to save their lives.

Which is why it is written:

"If any man come to me… and hate not …his own life… he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26)

BibleStu

Jul 8, 2021
Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said. This is clearly stated in scripture, but so widely misunderstood or denied.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul tells us often in his letters that we should renew our minds and that we then should put on this refurbished personhood that God has always intended us to be since the beginning of time.

We can have a thirst for the "special knowledge" needed to save our souls but without a heart that reflects the true character of God, all of our thirsting in a vain thing that many will do believing that they are the "holy ones," only to hear that they too are condemned because of their hard heart which is "Greek" in nature.

Even though I may fail in my heart's desire to be like Christ in the things that I do, God will still be with me, even when i am walking through the valley of the second death, because I know that He will continue to draw me towards His Loving embrace and will forgive me for my choices that I freely make when those choices are centred on my selfish desire to live rather than to become a candidate for the second death. Because of this self centred desire to save my soul, to live, I will have sinned and I will hear that Christ never knew me.

It seems to me that I have a very different relationship and hope in Christ/God that will probably separate us at the time when it matters the most.

Shalom

PS: - It seems to me that all of your signposts to show people "the way," are all pointing in the wrong direction and are not pointing towards gaining everlasting life.

On your PS, do you have an example sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well developing that faith comes from the Word of God, not belonging to a man made organization that self proclaims itself as Gods sole channel of communication on earth.

I fully agree, although many do. Of course that is not to say that God's people go it on their own, as there are multiple congregations of the faith, and no doubt you realize that we are commanded to gather together as a united people in the faith according to Heb 10:24,25. You do believe that don't you Ron?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all that are sealed with God's seal are delivered up during the tribulation, but all the Church (except those saints that have died in Christ) will go through it.

The "great multitude" of Rev.7 you speak of represents the believing Gentiles that are sealed. The idea of their having 'come out of great tribulation' doesn't mean they escape it, but that they went through it and stayed faithful to Christ; they overcame it by His Blood. Those among them that will be delivered up overcome during the tribulation by the Blood of The Lamb per Revelation 12:11.

Rev 7:14-17
14 And I said unto him, "Sir, thou knowest." And he said to me, "These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

The following verses are for the time of Christ's future Millennial reign after the tribulation, and then into God's eternity. It is not... about some being raptured to Heaven during the tribulation like you're trying to infer.

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He That sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
KJV

The rewards to the saints are not handed out until Jesus' coming literal reign over all the earth, which is at His 2nd coming. We learn this in Revelation 11:18 with the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe of The Father and The Son taking over reign of all kingdoms of this world.

Spirit anointed Christians called to be holy ones will meet the Lord in the air upon his return. The other sheep Jn 10:16 in which you called gentiles, but are really not in the strictest sense of the word, are those who are not of the little flock. They are innumerable, and righteous in God's eyes as they are the ones who come out of the tribulation and stand before the Lamb. I know it is difficult to understand, but not too bad if you keep in mind God's purpose for the earth.

forever

Jul 7, 2021
Kampen
Faith
Christian
Country
Netherlands
how horrible ..... OP's post is Wrong ... just as every comment following that ...

forever

Jul 7, 2021
Kampen
Faith
Christian
Country
Netherlands
ofcourse serious souls will want to escape ... - who WOULDN'T ....
but
"weaponizing one's belief in Christ will not automaticly rescue one from Revelation" ..
this is , sad but true , a major major theme in prophets ...

forever

Jul 7, 2021
Kampen
Faith
Christian
Country
Netherlands
and the reason God gives in prophets is the following :
they believe in my son [=which is good ofcourse] ,
but they interpret it as their total salvation .

now
God does NOT say ofcourse 'that souls will not be saved when accepting Christ' --
that is impossible

but
God's main concern is "the time of Revelation" , in prophets

cont

forever

Jul 7, 2021
Kampen
Faith
Christian
Country
Netherlands
and he basically says :
"believing in Christ is NOT a "get out of jail free Monopoly card" ;

because , yes , believing in my Son will get your soul eventually saved
[=he means "from ending up in hell after Revelation] ,
if you SAY you believe
but you DO NOT INQUIRE WHERE YOU CAME FROM
[=namely , the other reality - in which is eden]
but only USE THE OUT OF JAIL CARD ,
you will *not* escape the events described in Revelation .

forever

Jul 7, 2021
Kampen
Faith
Christian
Country
Netherlands
and he basically says :
"believing in Christ is NOT a "get out of jail free Monopoly card" ;

because , yes , believing in my Son will get your soul eventually saved
[=he means "from ending up in hell after Revelation] ,
if you SAY you believe
but you DO NOT INQUIRE WHERE YOU CAME FROM
[=namely , the other reality - in which is eden]
but only USE THE OUT OF JAIL CARD ,
you will *not* escape the events described in Revelation .

...therefore , "doing Gods will"

is to f***g go understand what he means with "He wants His paradise back"
which is "in His dimension" --- NOT 'on this earth',
He wants souls who are NOT deluded "that God created this earth -- or this body" ,
but
who understand --- accept -- that He talks about HIS DIMENSION

because everybody - all believers -
who do NOT understand that ,
keep this reality alive : and are fighting God !

remember the 'what you declare upon earth'... , eh ?