THE HARBINGER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn is an interesting read. It's chilling for those who accept it's premise. I've set the topic here because there are actually church groups using this book as a basis for study. It's rather like creating a menu for road kill, but they're doing it.

The book is an easy read, taking a weekend to get through. It moves along and interests the reader throughout. You don't get lost in convoluted references to scripture and tradition either. It's there, but the reader is fed in teaspoonfuls instead of gallon jugs. I had long believed that if a work of God was to make it to the attention of many people it would have to be written in a form similar to this one.

Enough with the book review. Your thoughts?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
I think it will sell very well on bookshelves!

I have not read it all. But definitely very interesting!

I agree with you on God being able to usie it to reach the lost. I don't see any harm this book can do even if some / most insinuations are wrong as the underlying message is judgement and repentance.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn is an interesting read. It's chilling for those who accept it's premise. I've set the topic here because there are actually church groups using this book as a basis for study. It's rather like creating a menu for road kill, but they're doing it.

The book is an easy read, taking a weekend to get through. It moves along and interests the reader throughout. You don't get lost in convoluted references to scripture and tradition either. It's there, but the reader is fed in teaspoonfuls instead of gallon jugs. I had long believed that if a work of God was to make it to the attention of many people it would have to be written in a form similar to this one.

Enough with the book review. Your thoughts?
This isn't the first thread on this web site about the book. Rabbi Cahn made quite a few good points, but also missed some important facts. He made the assumption that our leadership has used scripture in ignorance of its meaning without considering that some statements made by our presidents have been representative of free Masonry and not Christianity or of our nation. Have you ever wondered why the old trade center complex had two identical towers side by side, rather than one. Try looking up some information on the symbolism of the "two pillars" of free Masonry. Rabbi Cahn mentioned the fact that NYC was our first capital and that George Washington was inaugurated a short distance from the WTC site. Rabbi Cahn didn't mention that our first president was a free Mason (sometimes portrayed in the ritual garb of free Masonry wearing the Masonic apron and "kid" gloves) nor did he mention that George Washington was sworn in upon a Masonic bible and by a Grand Master Mason. Rabbi Cahn also made a lot of the supposed "hedge of protection" around our nation, but neglected to mention the destruction of our Capital during the war of 1812, among other things. The book made for interesting reading and carried a gospel message with it, but the "plot" was somewhat contrived.
The book is worth reading and I'd considered sending a few copies to Jewish friends, but my old college buddies are a bit too sharp to be evangelized through fear, and a bit too comfortable in their professions to take much notice of the disintegration of our society.