The harlot's deception of the nations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but if you look in the Old Testament it was only Israel/Judah that was ever accused of being a harlot. No (Gentile) nation was ever called a harlot, because a harlot in the Bible represents an adulterous woman.
"You adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself an enemy of God." James 4:4

"15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not from the Father but from the world. 17The world is passing away, along with its desires; but whoever does the will of God remains forever." 1 John 2:15-17

“Come out of her (Babylon), My people, so that you will not share in her sins..." Revelation 18:4​

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"You adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself an enemy of God." James 4:4

"15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not from the Father but from the world. 17The world is passing away, along with its desires; but whoever does the will of God remains forever." 1 John 2:15-17

“Come out of her (Babylon), My people, so that you will not share in her sins..." Revelation 18:4​
Yes. A harlot is an adulterous woman. Biblically it can only represent a body that is betrothed to its maker, yet is playing the harlot.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess we'll see if it's Ezekiel's temple by whether or not they build it according to Ezekiel 40-48.

10As for you, son of man, describe the temple to the people of Israel, so that they may be ashamed of their iniquities. Let them measure the plan, 11and if they are ashamed of all they have done, then make known to them the design of the temple—its arrangement and its exits and entrances—its whole design along with all its statutes, forms, and laws. Write it down in their sight, so that they may keep its complete design and all its statutes and may carry them out." Ezekiel 43:10-11​
As clearly shown, Ezekiel Chapter 43 showed the temple "Pattern" to the House of Israel in the Babylonian Captivity let "Them" measure, Ezekiel was instructed to write the ordinances and law in "Their" sight, that "They" keep them, not some future generation as many "Falsely" claim

The temple seen in Ezekiel Chapters 40-46 is nothing more than the 2nd Zerubbabel Temple built 536BC after the Babylonian Captivity, where animal sacrifice for "Sin" was was instructed by "God", prior to the shed blood of Jesus Christ on Calvary, don't be deceived

Ezekiel 43:10-11 & 19-21KJV
10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.

19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering.
20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it.
21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess we'll see if it's Ezekiel's temple by whether or not they build it according to Ezekiel 40-48.

10As for you, son of man, describe the temple to the people of Israel, so that they may be ashamed of their iniquities. Let them measure the plan, 11and if they are ashamed of all they have done, then make known to them the design of the temple—its arrangement and its exits and entrances—its whole design along with all its statutes, forms, and laws. Write it down in their sight, so that they may keep its complete design and all its statutes and may carry them out." Ezekiel 43:10-11​
Ezekiel Chapters 47-48 Is The Eternal Kingdom, Dont Be Deceived

Ezekiel Below Is (The Eternal Kingdom) Same River And Tree Of life, Same Fruit On The Tree, Same Leaves Of The Tree For Healing/Medicine

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Ezekiel 47:12KJV
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Revelation 22:1-2KJV
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The harlot has been making the nations and her kings drunk with the maddening wine of her adulteries for as long as mankind has been fallen. She is the economic and political systems of the world through which men are made rich and powerful. The riches of 'Babylon', and mankind's adultery with those riches, have always existed in the world. The false prophet—the beast out of the sea—and his deceptions is an end time entity.

The harlot sits on the seven-headed beast, and the beast is the entity which is the economic and political systems of the world through which men are made rich and powerful. The harlot is made rich through her harlotry with the kings of the earth and their merchants (Revelation 18:3).

Only an adulterous woman betrothed to her maker has ever been called an harlot in the Bible (like Jerusalem was).

Last edited:
Reactions: Earburner

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ezekiel Chapters 47-48 Is The Eternal Kingdom, Dont Be Deceived

Ezekiel Below Is (The Eternal Kingdom) Same River And Tree Of life, Same Fruit On The Tree, Same Leaves Of The Tree For Healing/Medicine

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Ezekiel 47:12KJV
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Revelation 22:1-2KJV
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
I'm in full agreement with the above.

PS: doesn't mean I reject the idea of a literal millennium (just so that I don't confuse you later).

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the beast is the entity which is the economic and political systems of the world
Your claim is "False"

(The Beast) is an individual human man, and is described by (Personal Pronouns) His, Him

Revelation 13:-1-5KJV
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. A harlot is an adulterous woman. Biblically it can only represent a body that is betrothed to its maker, yet is playing the harlot.
Jerusalem was an adulteress "woman" .
But most of church-ianity is afraid to look at that!
Jesus proved that out to them, when He said in Mat. 21[42] Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
[43] Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
[44] And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
[45] And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

And in Luke 19[41] And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
[42] Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
[43] For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
[44] And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

So then, what was destroyed in 70AD?
Ans. The temple, the Jews and Jerusalem, of which all of it was representative of a "fallen woman". A woman that once was chaste before God.
"Mystery", [and that it is] Babylon the Great,
The MOTHER [Madam] of harlots. Rev.17:5

Did you know, that in all of NT prophetic scripture, there are only two women that is spoken of? One is the " free woman", and the other is the "bond woman".
It was the bond woman who was cast out.
For a good study in conjunction with Rev., see Gal. 4:21-31.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in full agreement with the above.

PS: doesn't mean I reject the idea of a literal millennium (just so that I don't confuse you later).
PS: There Isnt A "Literal" Millennial Kingdom Found In The Scripture, Just So You Wont Be Confused

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I won't need to find ways to camouflage any heresy from any jungle predators. I don't produce any. The young lions and the old ones are predators who sometimes find the wrong prey. The crocodile spins and grabs them with its strong jaws and drags them to their own heresy death instead.
Prior to the advent of modern weaponry, cats were the guardians of temples and the protector of thrones. In their element, a crock is just a big meal that tastes like chicken.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, The false prophet and the harlot are not the same entity. The beast out of the sea that has seven heads and ten horns destroys the harlot, so we know the harlot and the false prophet (who serves the agenda of the beast out of the earth and is destroyed along with it) are not the same entity.

The harlot appears to be the world system of politics and economics and everything, literal and spiritual, that fallen humanity indulges and worships. A world system personified by some major city of the world, like New York City, for example. In the end, the system of the antichrist destroys that system (Revelation 17:16). I personally think it's getting clear that the end time beast system is Marxism and will destroy Capitalism. Which is God's judgment against our wicked and intoxicating system of economics (Revelation 17:17).

I can't nail down end times Babylon any better than that right now. Revelation's account of Babylon mirrors Isaiah's account of the destruction of Babylon in Isaiah 47. Compare the two. It's a very interesting read. Few people know that much of the language of Revelations comes right from the writings of the prophets. That, IMO, is the key to understanding Revelation.
Very few people bother to read the whole bible. Very few people understand sound biblical hermeneutics like comparing passages to passages and verse to verse.
Almost no one considers cultural context and the nature of idioms in the common use of speech.
And with regard specifically to the book of the Revelation, a book with an actual curse upon it, very few people fear God.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: There Isnt A "Literal" Millennial Kingdom Found In The Scripture, Just So You Wont Be Confused
Correct! But there is a "Spiritual Millennium", and it has been going since the day of Pentecost, aka God's Grace.
The Age of God's Grace, of whom he Himself, puts no time limit of a literal 1000 years on it, simply because as long as men still have faith to believe that God is, He will not close the "door" of his salvation through Jesus.
Its known of by the "religous" term as Amillennnialism.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and BTW, do you know what event on the earth WILL close the Age of God's Grace?
Ans. The mark of the Beast.
They all will have been bundled, and made ready to be burned.
Mat.13[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you've made up your mind.

Actually, I've seen the reasons before your post why Babylon the Great = Jerusalem, but I've also seen the reasons why Babylon the Great = the Church.

The New Jerusalem is a city of gold with precious stones, gates of pearls, and its street is of gold.(Rev 21:18-21)

"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet. And she was gilded with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication." (Revelation 17:4)

Would Jerusalem on earth be classed as a harlot still, even if it were not classed as Christ's city.?

The new Jerusalem is the holy city. If the Church becomes a harlot, then she's a harlot.

Yet both Jerusalem and a harlot church qualify, scripturally.

So I haven't made up my mind then.

So back to the topic of this thread:

There have to be TWO entities deceiving the nations if Babylon the Great is not also the false prophet, who "has two horns like a lamb, yet speaks like a dragon", because for sure we are told that Babylon the Great deceives the nations with her sorceries and she, like the Pharisees before her, is accused by God of being full of the blood of saints and prophets and the martyrs of Jesus.

Mystery Babylon is the same as the king of Babylon, 'Lucifer', from Isa 13-14. He is 'Sheshach' in Jeremiah 25:26 and Jeremiah 51:41 (using the Atbash Cypher to encode Sheshach as 'Babel' is the 'mystery'). Also, 'shesh' is the Hebrew word for '6'. The reason it is a 'mystery' is that Babylon traditionally was the 'safe' place for faithful Judah to be scattered to (unfaithful 10 tribed Israel was taken over by Assyria) - and it is 'safe' until the king of Babylon breaks the covenant in the 'middle of the 7' at the end of the 2nd woe, beginning of what is called 'Armageddon'.

There are 3 phases of the red dragon in Revelation: 'red dragon' ('drakon pyrros') from Rev 12, 'Beast from the sea & earth', and the scarlet beast ('therion kokkinon') and Mystery Babylon riding it. Each 'woe' is a different dragon.

• the red dragon attacks at the 1st Trumpet,
  • the dragon gives his authority to the Beast from the sea & earth at the 6th Trumpet. King of Babylon confirms the 7 year covenant.
  • the king of Babylon defeats the beast from the sea after 1 year, 1 month, 1 day, 1 hour, (when Jesus says in Matt 24:21-22 that this great tribulation is shortened, he is just referring to the differing time amounts in Daniel 7:12 (a 'season & a time') versus Daniel 7:25 (given into his hand for a time, times, half time) - the 'season & a time' = the '1 hour, 1 day, 1 month, 1 year' reference in Revelation 9:15.
  • now 'Israel' thinks Babylon is 'safe' (hence the 'mystery')
  • at the end of the 1260 days of the 2 witnesses, Lucifer breaks the covenant & calls himself God, triggering what is mistranslated as 'Armageddon', but should be translated as 'Moed' (translated as 'mount of the assembly' from Isaiah 14:13), not 'Meggido'.
  • when Rev 17:16 says that the beast & 10 horns will hate the whore & burn her with fire is the same event as the Medes destroying Babylon (Isaiah 13:17)

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your claim is "False"

(The Beast) is an individual human man, and is described by (Personal Pronouns) His, Him

Revelation 13:-1-5KJV
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Yes the ten kings will give all their power and authority to him - the man who rules over the political and economic entity. A beast in the Bible is both the 'empire'/kingdom and its king.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus proved that out to them, when He said in Mat. 21[42] Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
[43] Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
[44] And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
[45] And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

And in Luke 19[41] And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
[42] Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
[43] For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
[44] And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

Ans. The temple, the Jews and Jerusalem, of which all of it was representative of a "fallen woman". A woman that once was chaste before God.

Did you know, that in all of NT prophetic scripture, there are only two women that is spoken of? One is the " free woman", and the other is the "bond woman".
Well, IMO, you may be right, you may be wrong. I have not made up my mind about the identity of Babylon the Great. I have only two possibilities in my mind: Jerusalem, or the church (i.e an apostate part of the body of Christ).

So I can't argue with your statements.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only an adulterous woman betrothed to her make has ever been called an harlot in the Bible (like Jerusalem was)
You correctly outlined the words describing the "fallen woman" , but then you went off onto a tangent of a religious path, and lost the plot!
Jerusalem that now is, is that "bond woman" that was cast out, rejected and then destroyed. That "Great" city is the Mother of harlots. Babylon the "Great" IS FALLEN, and to most all of "church-ianity" , it still remains to be a "Mystery" .

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Very few people bother to read the whole bible. Very few people understand sound biblical hermeneutics like comparing passages to passages and verse to verse.
Almost no one considers cultural context and the nature of idioms in the common use of speech.
And with regard specifically to the book of the Revelation, a book with an actual curse upon it, very few people fear God.
Maybe you're talking out of experience, maybe you're making broad assumptions. I fear God. I read the Revelation and the entire Bible with reverence. I compare scripture with scripture, passages to passages and verse to verse. I consider (whatever I know of) cultural context and the nature of idioms in the common use of speech.

Which is why I asked the question that started this thread, and I had it answered because after considering that the harlot deceives with her sorcery etc I failed, not to see (because I saw it before), but to remember that the harlot is to be destroyed by (the ten kings of) the beast - but the beast & its false prophet is destroyed by Christ.

So my question was answered by Ferris Bueller, because he reminded me of the fact - and because I'd forgotten, I remembered the moment I saw what he wrote.

BUT I will never imagine that whoever I speak to in a forum or Christian board "does not read the Bible" etc because that's just making assumptions about people I don't even know.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

But you're living in the past. Those who are not in Christ are Gentiles in God's eyes (God is no respecter of persons, regardless of anyone's genetic ancestry).

This harlot is a religious one:

"..And it has become the dwelling-place of demons, and a prison of every unclean spirit, and a cage of every unclean bird which has been hated." (Revelation 18:2b).

There are plenty of things already going on in churches that should make the hairs of anyone who believes in Jesus stand up straight.