The Hell Doctrine - No doctrinal unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Rev. 20[10] And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

I like the concept of those words, simply because they openly oppose themselves, and the human mind of our "natural man" rushes off with it to the wrong conclusion.

So what is it, that causes the opposition?
1.There is no such thing as day and night in God's Eternity. 2 Peter 3:10, Rev. 21:3, 22:5.

2. Though the devil is a fallen angel, he still has eternal existence, but lives in the "chains of darkness", having not the light of God's truth or His Presence.

3. People without Christ and His Gift of eternal life, do not have eternal existence of any kind. They surely do die, in the very day of their last breath of oxygenated air.
From that point on, they shall remain dead, and are perished/destroyed forever.
All of such are NOT being eternally tormented, nor are they suffering any kind of eternal punishing. Their punishment, is simply eternal death.
John 3:18, Rom. 8:8-9, 1 John 5:12-13.
You just totally contradicted Jesus.

"KJV Rev. 20[10] And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever"

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a Damnationist, an Annihilationist, or a Universalist?
i am a dont add too or take from the book of revelationist .
IT never says anyone gets out . NOW DO IT .
SO any who preaches anything that adds to or takes from that book , my advice is DONT .
Go read what happens to those who do so .
The lake of fire is real . AND NONE want to go there . THUS PREACH JESUS
for all who do believe will not be damned , but beware
those who reject , WILL BE DAMNED . facts are facts .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's your view on the final judgement?
Here are the three popular biblical views:
1) Damnationism
2) Annihilationism
3) Universalism

All three views are biblical, all three views are in DIRECT conflict.

There is only one biblical view- the lost and the fallen angels will suffer forever in the lake of fire! The others are man made constructs based on people learning them from others down through the church age. Both universalism and annihilationism are heresies founded by gnostics, Arius of Alexandria, Origen or one of the other heretical movements that assaulted the church.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If there is a hell, who created it? The creator of ALL things, obviously.
Those who believe in hell want to separate God from it. As if he had NOTHING to do with it.
Who said He has nothing to do with it? You are assuming things.
Those who believe don't believe what you think they believe.
I guess that's difficult for you to believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan loves it when his messengers convince humans that there is no everlasting fire!

I'll believe Jesus!

Matthew 18:8-9 (NKJV)
8 If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems preposterous that there would be ANY "unbelievers" in the afterlife.
No, there won't be any unbelievers, not then. And neither will there be any of the dead with God in the New Creation.

You see, you must be born again. Join Jesus Christ in His death, because you too will also die, and after that, judgment. Without receiving new life in Christ, you will remain dead in sin, and you will discover the 2nd death, your final destination.

It's all about life and death. All men are dead in sin, ever since Adam. In Christ all are made alive. That is to say, everyone who is in Christ is made alive. Just like all who were in Adam died. Those not in Christ remain dead.

It's what John wrote, "and I saw the dead, both great and small . . . and the books were opened . . . and anyone not written in the book of life was tossed into the lake of fire".

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But part and parcel of the belief in hell is the belief that God is not responsible for those who end up there.
It's the blame the victim mentality.
No, the dead will be purposefully thrown into the lake of fire. No one will be jumping in on their own initiative. It is the punishment for their evil deeds. And the destination of the spiritually dead humans, and of rebellious angels.

Part and parcel? I'm really wondering where you get your ideas from.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan loves it when his messengers convince humans that there is no everlasting fire!
"Hath God REALLY said, 'Ye must be born again???'" Some things don't seem to change much!

Much love!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said He has nothing to do with it? You are assuming things.
I guess that's difficult for you to believe.
Why would you assume that those who believe don't believe what I think they believe?
Or that it would be difficult for me to believe? - LOL
Sounds like a lot of evasive double talk to me.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it more like:
P1:. Hey this building is burning down and all exits are blocked except this one. Follow me.
That's a noble view.
Why is the house burning and all exits but one blocked?
Seems there in no other rational choice.
Is salvation rational?
I don't know which version of hell is true.
Cases can be made for all 3.
Right. That's the point. Glad you got it. Kudos.
Hell can scare people into belief and then sanctification but it is the goodness of God that leads to repentance?
Is mortifying fear a good reason for a relationship with God?
What sort of relationship is based on fear?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:22 Whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
Hell fire is grave fire (Strongs KJV-G86), which is molten lava, aka the lake of fire.

Since graves are all over the earth, that should explain how huge the LoF will be. Yes, it will be at least the entire surface of the Earth.
Rev. 20
[14] And death and hell [graves, pit] were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

On the Day of the Lords return in flaming fire, it will be nothing short of 2 Peter 3:10-13

11 occurrences of G86 ᾅδης​

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a noble view.
Why is the house burning and all exits but one blocked?
Seems there in no other rational choice.
Is salvation rational?

Right. That's the point. Glad you got it. Kudos.

Is mortifying fear a good reason for a relationship with God?
What sort of relationship is based on fear?
Its the difference between:
Do this or die, and
Do this and live.

Almost dieing woke me up. God was part of that. Whatever it takes to wake a person up.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why would you assume that those who believe don't believe what I think they believe
It's obvious because you are spitting your junk on a Christian Forum.

Reread my post and "think":

"Who said He has nothing to do with it? You are assuming things.
I guess that's difficult for you to believe."

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell fire is grave fire (Strongs KJV-G86), which is molten lava, aka the lake of fire.

Since graves are all over the earth, that should explain how huge the LoF will be. Yes, it will be at least the entire surface of the Earth.
Rev. 20
[14] And death and hell [graves, pit] were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

On the Day of the Lords return in flaming fire, it will be nothing short of 2 Peter 3:10-13

11 occurrences of G86 ᾅδης​

Should we believe you or Jesus?

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Reactions: teamventure

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's obvious because you are spitting your junk on a Christian Forum.
If challenges make you uncomfortable, you might want to avoid my topics.
Not to say that you aren't welcome, but...

Seems you haven't had anything but snarky comments to contribute on this topic.
Can you do better than that?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just totally contradicted Jesus.

"KJV Rev. 20[10] And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever"
As most Christians, due to "church-ianity", you have a misunderstanding of what the beast is, and what the false prophet is.
They are not satan himself, but rather they are the manifestations of that which he works through.
Luke 4
[6] And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
[7] If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we believe you or Jesus?

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Most Christians have a "religious" understanding of what "everlasting fire" is. In the "flaming fire" of Jesus Glorious return, it is that fire of Himself that is everlasting. All that is in and of this world, including the planet itself, will be burned to a crisp.

Yes, the beast and the false prophet will be in the Lord's everlasting fire, but they are the worldly kingdoms of men, that satan hides behind and works through, in order to achieve his agendas.
Men die, kingdoms perish, but satan lives on. He and all the fallen angels are forever confined to this planet, of which is NOT where the KoG is, nor shall it be. "The kingdom of God is within us".

We are the "earth" in which God desires to dwell, "whereIN dwelleth righteousness" (His).
2 Cor. 4
[7] But we have this treasure [Himself]  IN earthen vessels [our temporary mortal bodies], that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As most Christians, due to "church-ianity", you have a misunderstanding of what the beast is, and what the false prophet is.
They are not satan himself, but rather they are the manifestations of that which he works through.
Luke 4
[6] And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
[7] If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
God will explain it so all will understand.

Luke 16
19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.