The Hell Doctrine - No doctrinal unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have three ideas that are in conflict then calling them biblical is absurd really.
All three have biblical defense.
What would you call them?

Is Annihilationism biblical, or do you just disagree with it?
Is Damnationism biblical, or do you just disagree with it?
Is Universalism biblical, or do you just disagree with it?

Disagreeing with a biblically defensible doctrine doesn't make it unbiblical.

Who's being absurd here?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus called it EVERLASTING punishment and EVERLASTING life. Should we believe you or Jesus?
Mmm. I totally believe Jesus. He is setting everlasting life in juxtaposition with everlasting punishment right? As it has been presented throughout scripture, choose life, for why would you die oh house of Israel? Life or death Jack. Life or death. The wages of sin is death. Punishment... Death. After an appropriate time of torment in keeping with the sin committed, followed by death. Why would you have it that a 12 year old unbelieving girl from 2000BC would be tormented for 4000 years longer than Hitler? I don't think you will answer that. Make you think too hard.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmm. I totally believe Jesus. He is setting everlasting life in juxtaposition with everlasting punishment right? As it has been presented throughout scripture, choose life, for why would you die oh house of Israel? Life or death Jack. Life or death. The wages of sin is death. Punishment... Death.
'Death' never means people 'cease to exist' in the Bible.
After an appropriate time of torment in keeping with the sin committed, followed by death.
So God is going to cook them before He destroys them?
Why would you have it that a 12 year old unbelieving girl from 2000BC would be tormented for 4000 years longer than Hitler? I don't think you will answer that. Make you think too hard.
Let's deal with perfectly clear Scripture. Humans will receive the exact same punishment as the Devil.

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20:10
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

They certainly will wish they 'ceased to exist'!

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Know the difference between literal and figurative language and when to apply them.
That sounds like JW doctrine.

Revelation 3
1 "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds like JW doctrine.

Revelation 3
1 "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.

And that metaphor would have no meaning if "dead" didn't mean "not alive".

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Love
Reactions: Meditation

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Depends which death you are talking about. If it's the first death, you are right. Of that death one is said to be asleep, said by Jesus Himself and others, because the time will come when they are awakened... At the resurrection.
Matt. 9:24; John 11:11; Acts 7:60; Acts 13:36.

If it's the second death, there is no resurrection. That death is eternal. That's why it's called an everlasting punishment. It is the final execution of God's judgement upon unrepentant sinners.
You think that is worse than simmering them in fire just so much that they stay half cooked to enjoy their immortality?

• Love

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends which death you are talking about. If it's the first death, you are right. Of that death one is said to be asleep, said by Jesus Himself and others, because the time will come when they are awakened... At the resurrection.
Matt. 9:24; John 11:11; Acts 7:60; Acts 13:36.

If it's the second death, there is no resurrection. That death is eternal. That's why it's called an everlasting punishment. It is the final execution of God's judgement upon unrepentant sinners.

You think that is worse than simmering them in fire just so much that they stay half cooked to enjoy their immortality?
Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you changing my name? You think this is just a game don't you. Well it's not!

Jude 1
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction;
23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,

Meditation

Aug 8, 2023
Port Orange, Fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let's deal with perfectly clear Scripture. Humans will receive the exact same punishment as the Devil.

Matthew 25

They certainly will wish they 'ceased to exist'!
I believe church people (if allowed by law)- would take their enemies and keep them living as long as possible to torture....

Reactions: St. SteVen

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are One with the Trinity, who tortures men, woman, and children forever.
You tell ME!
Ok, I'll tell you. You won't get by with chopping Hell fire / everlasting fire / furnace of fire / everlasting punishment from our Bible on Judgment Day.

Revelation 22
19 If anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Death" means "no longer living". If "death" has no meaning, then "resurrection" doesn't have any meaning either. Don't redefine words.
Dead in sin - spiriturally disconnected from God
Dead physically - soul disconnected from body
Resurrected - soul reconnected to restored body

This is the Biblical usage.

Much love!

• Haha

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I'll tell you. You won't get by with chopping Hell fire / everlasting fire / furnace of fire / everlasting punishment from our Bible on Judgment Day.

Revelation 22
19 If anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
1691691737376.png
Laugh while you can. You won't be laughing on Judgment Day! I guarantee it.

• Haha