The Hell Doctrine - No doctrinal unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do you avoid what Jesus said?

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20:10
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
KJV 1 Timothy 6:15-16
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do you avoid what Jesus said?

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
I am avoiding nothing. I read what's there. Revelation 20:10 says the beast and the false prophet are tormented day and night forever and ever. Doesn't say that people are. Matthew says people are very into that fire, it says the fire is for ever, doesn't say they live for ever in that fire though does it. They die Jack. They DIE.
Did Jonah stay inside the fish forever and ever? Does forever and ever actually mean eternity? There are instances in scripture where it doesn't. Jonah 2:6 is just one of several.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV 1 Timothy 6:15-16
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
Jesus called it EVERLASTING punishment and EVERLASTING life. Should we believe you or Jesus?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am avoiding nothing. I read what's there. Revelation 20:10 says the beast and the false prophet are tormented day and night forever and ever. Doesn't say that people are. Matthew says people are very into that fire, it says the fire is for ever, doesn't say they live for ever in that fire though does it. They die Jack. They DIE.
Did Jonah stay inside the fish forever and ever? Does forever and ever actually mean eternity? There are instances in scripture where it doesn't. Jonah 2:6 is just one of several.
Amen! The false prophet! And Jesus also included humans.

Matthew 25

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's your view on the final judgement?
Here are the three popular biblical views:
1) Damnationism
2) Annihilationism
3) Universalism

All three views are biblical, all three views are in DIRECT conflict.

If you have three ideas that are in conflict then calling them biblical is absurd really.

Reactions: Meditation

Meditation

Aug 8, 2023
Port Orange, Fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus called it EVERLASTING punishment and EVERLASTING life. Should we believe you or Jesus?
When people used fire to destroy an object, it was considered to be DESTROYED.
Jesus referred to those evil being destroyed as EVERLASTING.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you ignore them.
I answer your Scripture with Scripture. You ignore mine.

"a Child is born"
"a Son"
"Mighty God"
Isaiah 9
6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Jesus is God!

Meditation

Aug 8, 2023
Port Orange, Fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answer your Scripture with Scripture. You ignore mine.

"a Child is born"
"a Son"
"Mighty God"
Isaiah 9
6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Jesus is God!
Ex 7:1- And Jehovah said to Moses, See, I have made thee God to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. -Darby

Need other examples?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ex 7:1- And Jehovah said to Moses, See, I have made thee God to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. -Darby

Need other examples?
I think you SEVERELY misquoted that.

Exodus 7:1 (NKJV)
1 So the LORD said to Moses: "See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.

Last edited:

Meditation

Aug 8, 2023
Port Orange, Fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you misquoted that.

Exodus 7:1 (NKJV)
1 So the LORD said to Moses: "See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.
Nope. There's no "a"s in the Biblical Hebrew, nor Caps.
So interpreters insert them according to their understanding- like Darby, who realized "God" is "Powerful Ones".

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. There's no "a"s in the Biblical Hebrew, nor Caps.
So interpreters insert them according to their understanding- like Darby, who realized "God" is "Powerful Ones".
Exodus 7:1 (ASV)
1 And Jehovah said unto Moses, See, I have made thee as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (AMP)
1 THE LORD said to Moses, Behold, I make you as God to Pharaoh [to declare My will and purpose to him]; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (BBE)
1 And the Lord said to Moses, See I have made you a god to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother will be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (CSBBible)
1The LORD answered Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother will be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (CEB)
1 The LORD said to Moses, "See, I've made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (ETRV)
1 The LORD said to Moses, "See how important I have made you? In speaking to Pharaoh, you will be like God, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (ESV)
1 And the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (GW)
1 The LORD answered Moses, “I have made you a god to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron is your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (HCSB)
1 The LORD answered Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother will be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (ICB)
1 The Lord said to Moses, "I have made you like God to the king of Egypt. And your brother Aaron will be like a prophet for you.

Exodus 7:1 (KJV)
1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (MLB)
1 THE LORD answered Moses: Observe! I appoint you a god to Pharaoh and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (NET1)
1 So the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.[2]

Exodus 7:1 (NASB77)
1 Then the LORD said to Moses, " See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (NASB)
1 Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (NCV)
1The LORD said to Moses, “I have made you like God to the king of Egypt, and your brother Aaron will be like a prophet for you.

Exodus 7:1 (NIV)
1 Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (NIV2011)
1 Then the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (NJB)
1 Yahweh then said to Moses, ‘Look, I have made you as a god for Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron is to be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (NLT2)
1 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Pay close attention to this. I will make you seem like God to Pharaoh, and your brother, Aaron, will be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (NRSV)
1 The LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (RSV)
1 And the LORD said to Moses, "See, I make you as God to Pharaoh;

Exodus 7:1 (MSG)
1 GOD told Moses, "Look at me. I'll make you as a god to Pharaoh and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (TEV)
1 The LORD said, "I am going to make you like God to the king, and your brother Aaron will speak to him as your prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (Webster's Bible)
1 And the LORD said to Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Exodus 7:1 (YLT)
1 And Jehovah saith unto Moses, `See, I have given thee a god to Pharaoh, and Aaron thy brother is thy prophet;

Your biased agenda is showing!

Meditation

Aug 8, 2023
Port Orange, Fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a Hebrew expert? You know more than nearly all of our Bibles? Your agenda is showing again. See post 875.
Attack again?
"All your Bibles" remove God's Name 7,000 times, and play musical chairs translating key words.
So we have to ascertain what God REALLY said.

I have no choice but to ignore you.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Attack again?
"All your Bibles" remove God's Name 7,000 times, and play musical chairs translating key words.
So we have to ascertain what God REALLY said.

I have no choice but to ignore you.
Because you're wrong! You like Darby?

John 1:1 (Darby)
1 In [the] beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Even the JW Bible admits that Jesus is God! And you still didn't respond to my post 875.

Last edited: