The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
If a parable is "made up stuff", then made up it is, for God is One, and the parable - whatever parable, is simply an explanation. But not made up by me, for as it is written, it is not I who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

what parable are you talking about - is this just another ploy to deviate instead of addressing Jn 14:16-17 - twinc

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what parable are you talking about - is this just another ploy to deviate instead of addressing Jn 14:16-17 - twinc
"Made up stuff" was your term. I simply referred to your comment using the proper biblical term for what would be "made up stuff", as "all things come in parables."

So, my explanation was indeed referring to Jn 14:16-17. Just as the biblical explanation, is a parable, referring to God as "another Helper", instead of just saying "God", I too have used the parable means of explaining the mystery of God. This is the way that God speaks to men.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...you lose your argument with your own choice of verse! :D
It is THE WORLD who cannot see or know the Holy Spirit ...and Jesus goes on to say BUT YOU DO!!!
I couldn't spend my time on this...but u did....bless u.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
today is not today but yesterday - today we can only hear His voice via His Church imho - twinc

Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

You know this bit.

Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

and this bit

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Its why Jesus has so few sheep and

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

why God has so few sons.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

You know this bit.

Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

and this bit

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Its why Jesus has so few sheep and

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

why God has so few sons.

here we go again - the sin of pride and presumption viz claiming for oneself what does not apply and furthermore claiming inspiration and guidance from the Holy Spirit - according to the claims that are made re all those born again and the many others indwelt by the Holy Spirit Jesus does not have only an few sheep -

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
here we go again - the sin of pride and presumption viz claiming for oneself what does not apply and furthermore claiming inspiration and guidance from the Holy Spirit - according to the claims that are made re all those born again and the many others indwelt by the Holy Spirit Jesus does not have only an few sheep -
We know them by there fruit, a bad tree cannot bare good fruit, all religion can produce is religious men, so few follow after His Spirit, rather follow men, dont know what it is men are afraid of,

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
We know them by there fruit, a bad tree cannot bare good fruit, all religion can produce is religious men, so few follow after His Spirit, rather follow men, dont know what it is men are afraid of,

yes but guess who and what and where the bad trees really are and what the bad fruits are that are being produced [Matt 7:3-5] - twinc

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never had a satisfactory answer to the question: Who is The Holy Spirit?
I've heard lots of answers but none can explain it to me. If this has been discussed here please direct me to the proper thread.
Thank you

If you haven't visited our blog yet and seen the post about the Holy Spirit, please do it explains scripturally what the Holy Spirit is, this in contrast to what many of our Trinitarian friends here believe.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes but guess who and what and where the bad trees really are and what the bad fruits are that are being produced [Matt 7:3-5] - twinc
Usually in mens religious systems condemning men to death, the bad trees that is.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Usually in mens religious systems condemning men to death, the bad trees that is.

the bad trees claim to be good trees inspired, guided and indwelt by the Holy Spirit but refuse to put on Christ and walk no more with Jesus and claim as good fruit division, distress, disputes, divergence, differences, confusion and chaos - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the bad trees claim to be good trees inspired, guided and indwelt by the Holy Spirit but refuse to put on Christ and walk no more with Jesus and claim as good fruit division, distress, disputes, divergence, differences, confusion and chaos - twinc
Oh so blind. God Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all in agreement, when you walk with one you walk with them all.

But for most religious people,

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

As for division,

1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

some catholics, protestants, mormans SDA Jws , it is men that have divided the body and claimed it as there own, like this

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

and that is where the religious remain.

Christ came to set teh prisoners free, but most choose prison over freedom,

so and how long have you like our mate BOL being persecuting Christ...

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Oh so blind. God Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all in agreement, when you walk with one you walk with them all.

But for most religious people,

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

As for division,

1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

some catholics, protestants, mormans SDA Jws , it is men that have divided the body and claimed it as there own, like this

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

and that is where the religious remain.

Christ came to set teh prisoners free, but most choose prison over freedom,

so and how long have you like our mate BOL being persecuting Christ...

you say when you walk with one you walk with the other two - sure - but what I am saying is that if you do not walk with the son you do not walk with the other two - twinc

BEB1956

Apr 16, 2018
Macon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP.

Who is the Holy Spirit? you asked correctly, Who, Name JESUS, God almighty himself the ONLY person in the Godhead.

PCY.

I disagree. I don't believe Jesus to be the Holy Spirit, I certainly don't believe him to be God Almighty,The Son of God yes, meaning Jesus is the Son of God Almighty,not God Almighty Himself.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard lots of answers but none can explain it to me. If this has been discussed here please direct me to the proper thread.
Thank you

Who is The Holy Spirit?

Quite Simply God Himself.

What specifically IS the Holy Spirit?

Gods Supreme POWER.

What specifically IS Gods Supreme Power?

His Pure Light.

Another name for Gods Pure Light?

Gods Glory.

While God Does, grant, give, gift, men with specific things, all such gifts are accomplished IN a MAN, by and through the Power of God.

God gives gifts for a man to have "glory",
But mans "glory", Can ONLY be, by a "REFLECTION" of Gods Glory.

IOW - God never GIVES His Glory, to another.

The Seven Spirits of God, Which is ALL of One Holy Spirit but specific characteristics that reveal His Completeness.

These characteristics are the characteristics God desires Churches, Teachers and Individuals to Receive, Have, BY and Though the Power of God, and Keep, BY and Through the Power of God.

The Holy Spirit Himself.
His Wisdom
His Understanding
His Counsel
His Fortitude
His Knowledge
His Fear of the Lord

Of course for any entity or individual to begin such a journey and achieve receiving such gifts from the HS, one must begin by hearing and believing.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. I don't believe Jesus to be the Holy Spirit, I certainly don't believe him to be God Almighty,The Son of God yes, meaning Jesus is the Son of God Almighty,not God Almighty Himself.

Disagree.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the Gifts from God IS Understanding.

God desires to give such Gift TO THE MAN "IN" CHRIST.

The Mystery IS understanding;
Of God
Of the Father,
Of the Son.

Col 2:2

Gods gift of Understanding, is precisely HIS Understanding of Scriptures;
NOT mans mindful carnal understanding.

Gods Understanding IS; He IS ONE GOD,
Lord (Son)
God (Father)
Almighty (Power)
and called by many other Names and Titles, yet ALL ONE Lord God Almighty.

We can believe It.
We can tell you.
But we can not understand it for you.

God Bless,
Taken

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Thank you

The last place that many christians go to for an answer is the Bible.

The Spirit of God

The Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit is God in action; whenever the Holy Spirit is mentioned, it means that God is doing something….God would not be God if He could not act.

Here are eight examples

Genesis 1:1-2 (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Numbers 24:2 (ASV)
2 And Balaam lifted up his eyes, and he saw Israel dwelling according to their tribes; and the Spirit of God came upon him.

1 Chronicles 12:18 (ASV)
18 Then the Spirit came upon Amasai, who was chief of the thirty, and he said, Thine are we, David, and on thy side, thou son of Jesse: peace, peace be unto thee, and peace be to thy helpers; for thy God helpeth thee. Then David received them, and made them captains of the band.

Matthew 3:16 (ASV)
16 And Jesus when he was baptized, went up straightway from the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him;

Matthew 12:28 (ASV)
28 But if I by the Spirit of God cast out demons, then is the kingdom of God come upon you.

Luke 1:35 (ASV)
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee: wherefore also the holy thing which is begotten shall be called the Son of God.

Luke 1:35 (NKJV)
35 And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.