The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BEB1956

Apr 16, 2018
Macon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all

that's good for your understanding, but not God's.
second, the Tetragrammaton or YHWH is #1 not God's "PERSONAL" Name. why #2. because it's a verb and verbs are NOT "personal" names. see, "I AM THAT I AM" is the verb, H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. "I AM THAT I AM" identify "WHAT" he is and NOT "Who" he is. see the LORD is the Lord diversified in flesh. example Deuteronomy 10:17 "For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward". see that? the LORD is the Lord.

one more,

Isaiah 51:22 "Thus saith thy Lord the LORD, and thy God that pleadeth the cause of his people, Behold, I have taken out of thine hand the cup of trembling, even the dregs of the cup of my fury; thou shalt no more drink it again".

THAT'S PLAIN and SIMPLE. Isaiah 51:22 "Thus saith thy Lord the LORD, and thy God

that's a double whammy, or three whammies and there are many more. but clearly, the Lord is the LORD. and "HE", not they, "is GOD".

first, I'm glad you're honest. let me help you out. me, I like to go to the throat and get it over with. now if the name Jehovah or Yahweh was derived from the YHWH. scripture, Exodus 6:2 "And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:

Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto
Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them".

God said that Abraham did not know him by "JEHOVAH". question, can God lie? NO, God forbid. now listen to this, Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of that place
Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen".

ok, now my question, "why is
Jehovah in Abraham's mouth then? he said Jehovah-jireh.

now I'll be back to give you the answer, but think on what is just happen here. either God LIED, again God forbid, or Abraham lied, I don't believe so. so 101G what are you saying? the bible lied, NO. so what gives.

just think on what you just READ or found out.

PCY.
GINOLJC, to all

that's good for your understanding, but not God's.
second, the Tetragrammaton or YHWH is #1 not God's "PERSONAL" Name. why #2. because it's a verb and verbs are NOT "personal" names. see, "I AM THAT I AM" is the verb, H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. "I AM THAT I AM" identify "WHAT" he is and NOT "Who" he is. see the LORD is the Lord diversified in flesh. example Deuteronomy 10:17 "For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward". see that? the LORD is the Lord.

one more,

Isaiah 51:22 "Thus saith thy Lord the LORD, and thy God that pleadeth the cause of his people, Behold, I have taken out of thine hand the cup of trembling, even the dregs of the cup of my fury; thou shalt no more drink it again".

THAT'S PLAIN and SIMPLE. Isaiah 51:22 "Thus saith thy Lord the LORD, and thy God

that's a double whammy, or three whammies and there are many more. but clearly, the Lord is the LORD. and "HE", not they, "is GOD".

first, I'm glad you're honest. let me help you out. me, I like to go to the throat and get it over with. now if the name Jehovah or Yahweh was derived from the YHWH. scripture, Exodus 6:2 "And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:

Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto
Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them".

God said that Abraham did not know him by "JEHOVAH". question, can God lie? NO, God forbid. now listen to this, Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of that place
Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen".

ok, now my question, "why is
Jehovah in Abraham's mouth then? he said Jehovah-jireh.

now I'll be back to give you the answer, but think on what is just happen here. either God LIED, again God forbid, or Abraham lied, I don't believe so. so 101G what are you saying? the bible lied, NO. so what gives.

just think on what you just READ or found out.

PCY.
#1 Yes "YHWH" is the personal name of God.(Je•ho'vah) [the causative form, the imperfect state, of the Hebrew verb ha•wah'.(become); meaning "He Causes too Become"]. Although scripturally designated by such descriptive titles as "God," "Sovereign Lord," "Creator," "Father," "The Almighty," and "the Most High," his personality and attributes- who and what he is- are fully summed up and expressed only in his personal name.(Isaiah 42:8- I am Jehovah.[YHWH[] That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 54:5- For your Grand Maker is your husbandly owner, Jehovah[YHWH] of armies being his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Repurchaser. The God of the whole earth he will be called.) Psalm 83:18 That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah(YHWH) you alone are the Most High over the earth. Everywhere in Scripture where the Word "LORD" spelled in all capital letters what was there originally was, "YHWH."
When it says in Scriptures that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob didn't know him by that name, it doesn't mean they didn't use the name, because they did use the name and received promises from Jehovah,but they didn't know or experience Jehovah as the one who caused these promises to be fulfilled.

Isaiah 51:22- This is what your Lord, Jehovah(YHWH), even your God, who contends for his people, has said: Look! I will take away from your hand the cup causing reeling. The goblet, my cup of rage- you will not repeat the drinking of it anymore.

Deuteronomy 10:17- For Jehovah(YHWH) your God is the God of God's and the Lord of lords, the God great and mighty and fear- inspiring, who treats none with partiality nor accepts bribes

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
#1 Yes "YHWH" is the personal name of God.(Je•ho'vah) [the causative form, the imperfect state, of the Hebrew verb ha•wah'.(become); meaning "He Causes too Become"]. Although scripturally designated by such descriptive titles as "God," "Sovereign Lord," "Creator," "Father," "The Almighty," and "the Most High," his personality and attributes- who and what he is- are fully summed up and expressed only in his personal name.(Isaiah 42:8- I am Jehovah.[YHWH[] That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 54:5- For your Grand Maker is your husbandly owner, Jehovah[YHWH] of armies being his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Repurchaser. The God of the whole earth he will be called.) Psalm 83:18

nonsense since Jesus is JHVH/YHWH for the I AM who was before Abraham is the I AM of the burning bush who gave Moses the commandments - keep my commandments He said - btw only God can forgive sins imho - twinc

Reactions: Taken

BEB1956

Apr 16, 2018
Macon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nonsense since Jesus is JHVH/YHWH for the I AM who was before Abraham is the I AM of the burning bush who gave Moses the commandments - keep my commandments He said - btw only God can forgive sins imho - twinc

I have found nowhere in the Scripture that Jesus is JHVH/YHWH. That sounds like Trinitarian talk and I have found no such doctrine in the Scriptures.

BEB1956

Apr 16, 2018
Macon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Attempting to identify Jesus with YHWH, some try to use Ex. 3: 14 which reads: E•go' ei• mi ho on, means "I am The Being," or, "I am The Existing One." This attempt can't be sustained because the expression in Ex. 3: 14(E•go' ei•mi ho on) is different from the expression in John 8: 58.(e•go' ei•mi) Throughout the Christian Greek Scriptures it is not possible to make an identification of Jesus with YHWH as being the same person.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Attempting to identify Jesus with YHWH, some try to use Ex. 3: 14 which reads: E•go' ei• mi ho on, means "I am The Being," or, "I am The Existing One." This attempt can't be sustained because the expression in Ex. 3: 14(E•go' ei•mi ho on) is different from the expression in John 8: 58.(e•go' ei•mi) Throughout the Christian Greek Scriptures it is not possible to make an identification of Jesus with YHWH as being the same person.

it is glibly forgotten that only God can forgive sins - more than just once Jesus forgave sins "for the Father and I are one" and the same God - twinc

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1 Yes "YHWH" is the personal name of God.(Je•ho'vah) [the causative form, the imperfect state, of the Hebrew verb ha•wah'.(become); meaning "He Causes too Become"]. Although scripturally designated by such descriptive titles as "God," "Sovereign Lord," "Creator," "Father," "The Almighty," and "the Most High," his personality and attributes- who and what he is- are fully summed up and expressed only in his personal name.(Isaiah 42:8- I am Jehovah.[YHWH[] That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 54:5- For your Grand Maker is your husbandly owner, Jehovah[YHWH] of armies being his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Repurchaser. The God of the whole earth he will be called.) Psalm 83:18 That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah(YHWH) you alone are the Most High over the earth. Everywhere in Scripture where the Word "LORD" spelled in all capital letters what was there originally was, "YHWH."
When it says in Scriptures that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob didn't know him by that name, it doesn't mean they didn't use the name, because they did use the name and received promises from Jehovah,but they didn't know or experience Jehovah as the one who caused these promises to be fulfilled.

Isaiah 51:22- This is what your Lord, Jehovah(YHWH), even your God, who contends for his people, has said: Look! I will take away from your hand the cup causing reeling. The goblet, my cup of rage- you will not repeat the drinking of it anymore.

Deuteronomy 10:17- For Jehovah(YHWH) your God is the God of God's and the Lord of lords, the God great and mighty and fear- inspiring, who treats none with partiality nor accepts bribes
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply. second I see you skip my question on the Name Jehovah being in Abraham's mouth, when God said that he, Abraham, didn't know him by that name. .. Oh well,

but consider this,
Hebrews 1:8 "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 1:9 "Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Hebrews 1:10 "And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Here in Hebrews it's the son (Lord) who laid the foundation of the earth. but was it not the LORD all cap, "the Father/Spirit" who laid the foundation of the earth. let's see

Zechariah 12:1 "The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him".

ok BEB1956 tell us who laid the foundation of the Earth.

I'll be looking for that answer.

PCY.

PS my next post will be on the NAME of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BEB1956, the Name of God.

"Jesus/Yeshua or Jehovah, AKA Yahweh"

Foundation Scripture: Luke 2:21" And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb”.

a name is an Identifier, as to "what" and, or "who" you are. we need to clarify the Truth here in the Name of God.

the question is, "what is God proper/PERSONAL name". is it Jehovah, English or Yahweh, in Hebrew. well, it's neither, Jehovah, nor Yahweh. let's see how they derived those names from the Tetragrammaton. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made, and the Hebrew man made form of God's supposed unpronounced name. here is the mistake, they, (the translator, the Masoretic Jews) made. they added vowels to the four letter consonant, to make up a name to pronounce. one can never add or take away from the WORD of God. they added vowels to give God a personal name because they knew that YHWH is a verb and not a noun. and because the supposed name was lost, which the Jews said was forbidden to pronounce, (as some even today write G?D) they made a guess at the name where pointers should be. this was a grave mistake on their part. when you add to the word of God you just put the noose around your neck. arbitrarily, the translators injected the vowels into the four letter consonant to come up with the names, "YaHWeH", and, "JeHoVaH".

this is why I asked the question. "How could Abraham say "Jehovah" when God almighty clearly said in, Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them".

if he, God was not known to them as "JEHOVAH" how can Abraham say in, Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen".

see the LIE. Genesis comes before Exodus where God made the statement. God said clearly, he didn't stutter, Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them".

so someone is lying. it's not God, nor is it Abraham, because Abraham is called the friend of God. and a Lier cannot tarry in his sight. so that narrow it down, the translators. the Masoretic Jews who translated our bible that we have today.

John 5:43 "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive".

WHAT NAME DID HE COME IN............ the Answer "JESUS", Hebrew, "YESHUA". can JESUS LIE? God forbid, NO.

so the Father's Name is Jesus.

How hard can it be if one Just read the Bible.

PCY.

BEB1956

Apr 16, 2018
Macon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is glibly forgotten that only God can forgive sins - more than just once Jesus forgave sins "for the Father and I are one" and the same God - twinc

The very first prophecy uttered after the original human couple rebelled spoke of Jehovah's purpose to raise up a "seed" who would be bruised in the heel by Satan and his "seed." (Gen.3:15) This bruising occurred when Jesus was put to death by God's enemies.(Gal.3:13,16) Christ's shed blood serves as the ransom that frees mankind from sin and death. Since nothing can prevent Jehovah(YHWH) from accomplishing what he purposed to do, as soon as the words recorded at Gen. 3:15 were spoken, the ransom was as good as paid from God's viewpoint. He could now forgive those who exercised faith in his promises.
During pre-Christian times, Jehovah(YHWH) counted a number of individuals as righteous. Among them were Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Rahab and Job.
The scriptures state: "God set [Jesus] forth as an offering for propitiation through faith in his blood. This was in order to exhibit his own righteousness, because he was forgiving the sins that occurred in the past while God was exercising forbearance; so as to exhibit his own righteousness in this present season, that he might be righteous even when declaring righteous the man that has faith in Jesus."(Romans 3:25,26) Based on the ransom sacrifice of Jesus that was to be provided in the future, Jehovah(YHWH) could pardon individuals transgressions of the past without compromising his own requirements for justice.
Though still future, while Jesus on earth, that sacrifice was so certain that it's value could already be applied to individuals. Hence, Jesus told people: "your sins are forgiven."

BEB1956

Apr 16, 2018
Macon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply. second I see you skip my question on the Name Jehovah being in Abraham's mouth, when God said that he, Abraham, didn't know him by that name. .. Oh well,

but consider this,
Hebrews 1:8 "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 1:9 "Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Hebrews 1:10 "And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Here in Hebrews it's the son (Lord) who laid the foundation of the earth. but was it not the LORD all cap, "the Father/Spirit" who laid the foundation of the earth. let's see

Zechariah 12:1 "The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him".

ok BEB1956 tell us who laid the foundation of the Earth.

I'll be looking for that answer.

PCY.

PS my next post will be on the NAME of God.

Why does Hebrew 1: 10- 12 quote Psalms 102: 25- 27 and apply it to the Son, when the Psalm says that it is addressed to God? Because the Son is the one through whom God performed the creative works there described by the psalmist. (See Colossians 1:15,16; proverbs 8:22,27-30.) It should be observed in Hebrew 1: 5b that a quotation is made from 2 Samuel 7: 14 and applied to the Son of God. Although that text had its first application to Solomon, the later application of it to Jesus Christ doesn't mean that Solomon and Jesus are the same. Jesus is greater than Salomon and carries out a work foreshadowed by Solomon. (Luke 11: 31)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does Hebrew 1: 10- 12 quote Psalms 102: 25- 27 and apply it to the Son, when the Psalm says that it is addressed to God? Because the Son is the one through whom God performed the creative works there described by the psalmist. (See Colossians 1:15,16; proverbs 8:22,27-30.) It should be observed in Hebrew 1: 5b that a quotation is made from 2 Samuel 7: 14 and applied to the Son of God. Although that text had its first application to Solomon, the later application of it to Jesus Christ doesn't mean that Solomon and Jesus are the same. Jesus is greater than Salomon and carries out a work foreshadowed by Solomon. (Luke 11: 31)
Yes, but get the two verse before that. 2 Samuel 7:12 "And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

2 Samuel 7:13 "He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

ok now let's go and REALLY see who this Son/seed is. Psalms 132:11 "The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

did you get that? the "LORD" will sit upon the throne. I suggest you read that verse again.

PCY

BEB1956

Apr 16, 2018
Macon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BEB1956, the Name of God.

"Jesus/Yeshua or Jehovah, AKA Yahweh"

Foundation Scripture: Luke 2:21" And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb”.

a name is an Identifier, as to "what" and, or "who" you are. we need to clarify the Truth here in the Name of God.

the question is, "what is God proper/PERSONAL name". is it Jehovah, English or Yahweh, in Hebrew. well, it's neither, Jehovah, nor Yahweh. let's see how they derived those names from the Tetragrammaton. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. and the word "YAHWEH" was formed by merging the vowels (a, and e), into the four letter version to get, YaHWeH. so we have the English man made, and the Hebrew man made form of God's supposed unpronounced name. here is the mistake, they, (the translator, the Masoretic Jews) made. they added vowels to the four letter consonant, to make up a name to pronounce. one can never add or take away from the WORD of God. they added vowels to give God a personal name because they knew that YHWH is a verb and not a noun. and because the supposed name was lost, which the Jews said was forbidden to pronounce, (as some even today write G?D) they made a guess at the name where pointers should be. this was a grave mistake on their part. when you add to the word of God you just put the noose around your neck. arbitrarily, the translators injected the vowels into the four letter consonant to come up with the names, "YaHWeH", and, "JeHoVaH".

this is why I asked the question. "How could Abraham say "Jehovah" when God almighty clearly said in, Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them".

if he, God was not known to them as "JEHOVAH" how can Abraham say in, Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen".

see the LIE. Genesis comes before Exodus where God made the statement. God said clearly, he didn't stutter, Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them".

so someone is lying. it's not God, nor is it Abraham, because Abraham is called the friend of God. and a Lier cannot tarry in his sight. so that narrow it down, the translators. the Masoretic Jews who translated our bible that we have today.

John 5:43 "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive".

WHAT NAME DID HE COME IN............ the Answer "JESUS", Hebrew, "YESHUA". can JESUS LIE? God forbid, NO.

so the Father's Name is Jesus.

How hard can it be if one Just read the Bible.

PCY.
I understand how the tetragram came to be pronounced Jehovah or Yahweh. I said in a previous text that no one knows the True pronunciation of the tetragram(YHWH). Jehovah is simply the Most popular pronunciation of tetragram(YHWH). I also said that "YHWH" which is the name of God is in Scripture 7,000 times. It is used far more than Lord or God
I also said in previous text that God said that This name "YHWH" however it is pronounced, God said "This is my name for all time; by this name I shall be invoked for all generations to come." (Exodus 3: 15) Is God a liar? There is nothing wrong with using "Jehovah" in place of "YHWH."
I shows that you recognize "YHWH" as being the creator of all things, the source of all life, and the Father and God Jesus Christ.
Abraham knew the name (YHWH) of God and used it. The way that he didn't know the name is that although God had made promises to Abraham and Abraham had faith in those promises, they were never fulfilled in his life, but here with Moses God was let him experience those promises being fulfilled. Abraham did not experience those promises being fulfilled therefore Abraham didn't know (YHWH) that way.

BEB1956

Apr 16, 2018
Macon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but get the two verse before that. 2 Samuel 7:12 "And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

2 Samuel 7:13 "He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

ok now let's go and REALLY see who this Son/seed is. Psalms 132:11 "The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

did you get that? the "LORD" will sit upon the throne. I suggest you read that verse again.

PCY
I already texted on 2 Samuel 7:14 and obviously you don't get it

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"This is my name for all time; by this name I shall be invoked for all generations to come." (Exodus 3: 15) Is God a liar?
first thanks for the reply, I believe I been saying that "God is not a lier". but you must have not understood how the fake name came about. see, God is not about popular, now if you're so sure of that name, tell me why God said this.

Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

did not you quote scripture to the opposit, "God said "This is my name for all time; by this name I shall be invoked for all generations to come." (Exodus 3: 15)".

how come God in Isaiah 52:6 said "Therefore my people shall know my name". shall is future tense.
but don't God people should already "know" his name, according to Exodus 3: 15?

see the ERROR. YHWH is not God Personal Name. he said, "they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". when did God speak in the "day"? the answer, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". "I AM he?", yes, it's JESU, See, you don't believe, do you.

that's why Jesus said to Thomas, John 20:29 "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's the spirit of God that Jesus sent to believers when He returned to His throne. He is wonderful. We can no more explain who He is than we can explain God. We know that Jesus sent Him to us upon His departure and that He is the best friend on earth you'll ever have.

I can give many instances of guidance by Him but you should seek God for yourself. Ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 5:18-19 KJVS
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; [19] Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

BEB1956

Apr 16, 2018
Macon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, I believe I been saying that "God is not a lier". but you must have not understood how the fake name came about. see, God is not about popular, now if you're so sure of that name, tell me why God said this.

Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

did not you quote scripture to the opposit, "God said "This is my name for all time; by this name I shall be invoked for all generations to come." (Exodus 3: 15)".

how come God in Isaiah 52:6 said "Therefore my people shall know my name". shall is future tense.
but don't God people should already "know" his name, according to Exodus 3: 15?

see the ERROR. YHWH is not God Personal Name. he said, "they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". when did God speak in the "day"? the answer, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". "I AM he?", yes, it's JESU, See, you don't believe, do you.

that's why Jesus said to Thomas, John 20:29 "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. I

I know that YHWH is in Scripture and these four Hebrew consonants represent the name of The Hebrew God. As I said no one knows the True pronunciation of the four Hebrew consonants, although some say they should be pronounced Jehovah and some YAHWEH, nevertheless the four Hebrew consonants "YHWH" is in Scriptures 7,000 times, which is more times than Lord or God. You seem to think that YHWH being in Scriptures 7,000 times to be insignificant I do not. The fact is that most Bibles today that have the Word LORD or GOD spelled in all capital letters, theologians and scholar's acknowledge that what was originally there was the tetragram(YHWH) which represent the name of the Hebrew God. You can disagree how much you want, but I know what I just texted to be true no matter whether you believe it or not.

BEB1956

Apr 16, 2018
Macon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why say that? I read the scripture, I gave the important scripture that gives CONTEXT.

I was simply trying to say that just because you find a Scripture in the new testament that quotes a Scripture in the old testament and the Scripture in the old testament is speaking of the Only True God doesn't mean that the old testament and the new testament are speaking of the same person.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that YHWH is in Scripture and these four Hebrew consonants represent the name of The Hebrew God. As I said no one knows the True pronunciation of the four Hebrew consonants, although some say they should be pronounced Jehovah and some YAHWEH, nevertheless the four Hebrew consonants "YHWH" is in Scriptures 7,000 times, which is more times than Lord or God. You seem to think that YHWH being in Scriptures 7,000 times to be insignificant I do not. The fact is that most Bibles today that have the Word LORD or GOD spelled in all capital letters, theologians and scholar's acknowledge that what was originally there was the tetragram(YHWH) which represent the name of the Hebrew God. You can disagree how much you want, but I know what I just texted to be true no matter whether you believe it or not.
GINOLJC, to all

I believe I see you misunderstanding. listen, a name which is a NOUN (common and proper) is not a verb, which does two things. 1. identifies "WHAT" someone is or 2. identifies "Who" someone is.

let's see this clearly. if I would ask you "What is the first woman name" many would say Eve, and they would be wrong. see, I asked "What" is the First woman name. the correct answer is "Adam" because that's "What" she is, supportive scripture,

Genesis 5:1 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created".

see, Eve is an Adam meaning of the human race as well as the man.

understand, if I would have asked, "WHO was the first woman NAME?" the correct answer would be "Eve". because Eve is "Who" she is in name, and NOT "What" she is in name. Who identifies the PERSONAL NAME, proper noun. What identifies the common name, or common noun.

knowing this let's go back to Exodus 3:13 "And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?"

Moses asked in his question to God, "What" is his name, not "Who".

if Moses would have asked "Who" the name of their God, God would have said, "YESHUA", in English "JESUS".

just if Moses would have asked "WHO" is his name, then game over, pack our bags and that would have been it for the name of God. boy oh boy, Moses was so close.

but as I have said before, if this was his Personal name. why in Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

when was that "day?" the answer, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins".

Jesus just told you in Isaiah 52:6 "behold, it is I that doth speak".

but you will not believe. why? John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:19 "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil".

PCY

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was simply trying to say that just because you find a Scripture in the new testament that quotes a Scripture in the old testament and the Scripture in the old testament is speaking of the Only True God doesn't mean that the old testament and the new testament are speaking of the same person.
Ok, let's see. Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn".

who is this speaking?... God?.. well God said that they pierced "him". was it not God who pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications?

let's see that, Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams".

Now was this God whom many calls Father that poured out his Spirit?. remember the one who poured out his Spirit was pierced.

PCY

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have found nowhere in the Scripture that Jesus is JHVH/YHWH. That sounds like Trinitarian talk and I have found no such doctrine in the Scriptures.

We are given KNOWLEDGE in Scripture..
We are given the UNDERSTANDING of the Knowledge, from the Lord.

John 10:30
I and my Father ARE ONE.

Zech 14:9
And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in THAT day shall there be on LORD, and his name one.

God Bless,
Taken