The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
To properly understand who the Holy Spirit is, one must understand how the so-called trinity works...which is simply the Me, Myself, and I am, of God.

Thus, the Holy Spirit is God, but performs the duties of the office of spiritual matters, just as the body of a man does the work of the mind and heart of the man. Likewise, the body of Christ does the will of the Head, which we do by the same power of God, in spirit, which is the Holy Spirit.

but this is imagination and made up stuff and anti biblical which clearly states we cannot know the Holy Spirit imho - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
but this is imagination and made up stuff and anti biblical which clearly states we cannot know the Holy Spirit imho - twinc
How can you have His Spirit in you and not know Him.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Reactions: Taken

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
How can you have His Spirit in you and not know Him.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

the answer is you cannot and 1 Jn 2:27 is neither addressed nor applies to you - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the answer is you cannot and 1 Jn 2:27 is neither addressed nor applies to you - twinc
You can just so few believe God to there own detriment,

Heb_3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

so few listening

It doesnt apply to those who have no faith because they dont believe.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You can just so few believe God to there own detriment,

Heb_3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

so few listening

It doesnt apply to those who have no faith because they dont believe.

today is not today but yesterday - today we can only hear His voice via His Church imho - twinc

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... but I still don't understand it because I have never actually "felt" His presence.
Well, what a breath of fresh air. A person who wants to directly experience the Holy Spirit for himself..up close and personal. :)
Bravo!

Listen to all the poetic words of love from all who have exp'd the Holy Spirit...and use them to inspire your heart to sit in stillness....sit and ask...
remain open like waiting with closed eyes for a kiss from your mother on your forehead...
sit in silence and wait like
you've readied your house for your lover you havent seen in a year...
sit and prepare your heart for Him to come to you and fill you with His Divine Presence that is like no other feeling.
Sit with sincerity, with a stillness almost unimaginable...as if holding your hand for a butterfly or a dove to light.
Your heart is like a flame to a moth...there is no way the Holy Spirit could stay away.
This way you will never have to ask anyone again.

"You can be as close to God as you want to,
it depends on how much time you want to put into it."

:) Oh, Brava!

Reactions: bbyrd009

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pslane was quoted by Miss Hepburn in her reply "... but I still don't understand it because I have never actually "felt" His presence."

Well, what a breath of fresh air. A person who wants to directly experience the Holy Spirit for himself..up close and personal. :)
Bravo!

I don't think pslane had actually said his desire in the way you seemed to have derived from his quote.

It is by preaching the gospel is how sinners believe in Jesus Christ and receive the promise of the Spirit by faith; and not by sight or a feeling.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

For a believer to depart from that faith in seeking to receive the Holy Spirit "again" or even to experience His Presence is preaching another gospel.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The spotlight has been and always will be on the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ. To take our eyes off of Him to seek after the Holy Spirit when He is already within us as promised at our salvation, leads believers to open themselves up to spirits of the antichrist ( aka seducing spirits ) for visitations with signs and lying wonders which God will permit them to suffer strong delusions for believing that lie.

It is a work of iniquity that believers need to repent of because it is the spiritual fornication that the church at Thyatira was to repent of in Revelation.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You do talk a load of codswallop...
You forget that you are speaking here to many who have seen, heard, tasted , and know His workings.
Jim, you are a bitter old man. Seek Him while there is still time...get stop your predjudist thinking and wait QUIETLY on God...He may well surprise you...then you will be a believer....but I am betting you would be too frightened to do that...just in case you are proved wrong!!

You are missing a blessing.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"ByGrace"...you hold back far too much...;) :)

pslane is a female...just to everyone..

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Bravo!

Listen to all the poetic words of love from all who have exp'd the Holy Spirit...and use them to inspire your heart to sit in stillness....sit and ask...
remain open like waiting with closed eyes for a kiss from your mother on your forehead...
sit in silence and wait like
you've readied your house for your lover you havent seen in a year...
sit and prepare your heart for Him to come to you and fill you with His Divine Presence that is like no other feeling.
Sit with sincerity, with a stillness almost unimaginable...as if holding your hand for a butterfly or a dove to light.
Your heart is like a flame to a moth...there is no way the Holy Spirit could stay away.
This way you will never have to ask anyone again.

"You can be as close to God as you want to,
it depends on how much time you want to put into it."

:) Oh, Brava!

so you prefer to listen to yourself and other fallible humans and not to God at Jn 14:17 - so be it - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
False!

More error and rubbish being spoken. Not true.

so you too prefer to listen to yourself and other fallible humans and not to God at Jn 14:17 - so be it but why mislead others - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so you also think Jn 14:17 is doom and gloom - speaks for itself no need for me -, twinc

Jim, WHEN was the last time you READ that verse...it contradicts what you are saying here!!!!!

John 14:16-17

In context

16 "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

Case closed twinc...you lose your argument with your own choice of verse! :D

It is THE WORLD who cannot see or know the Holy Spirit ...and Jesus goes on to say BUT YOU DO!!!

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Jim, WHEN was the last time you READ that verse...it contradicts what you are saying here!!!!!

John 14:16-17

In context

16 "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

Case closed twinc...you lose your argument with your own choice of verse! :D

It is THE WORLD who cannot see or know the Holy Spirit ...and Jesus goes on to say BUT YOU DO!!!

but as Jesus said "you do err not knowing the scriptures" = you are not you here you are the world" - it seems you cannot be trusted to read scriptures for yourself without twisting it - it seems Jesus foresaw this and trusted it to the Church imho - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but as Jesus said "you do err not knowing the scriptures" = you are not you here you are the world" - it seems you cannot be trusted to read scriptures for yourself without twisting it - it seems Jesus foresaw this and trusted it to the Church imho - twinc

Whatever...
I am wasting my time...

Reactions: bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a parable is "made up stuff", then made up it is, for God is One, and the parable - whatever parable, is simply an explanation. But not made up by me, for as it is written, it is not I who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Helen