The Identity of the Two Witnesses of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When is the Bible dead, OT and/or NT? Jesus is the Word of God, but when he was dead on the cross, was it not a dead carcass? When the Book sets on a shelf unopened for years, is it not dead? When was Jesus martyred? When was He resurrected? What was or is His testimony? Etc.
Jesus is the Bible, the WORD of God, both OT and NT, and the Lord Jesus is one. so now the other witness please, I'll be waiting for that answer.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Jesus is the Bible
hmm, got a ref for this? ty. I know Christ is Word, but i dunno about Christ is Bible
When is the Bible dead, OT and/or NT? Jesus is the Word of God, but when he was dead on the cross, was it not a dead carcass? When the Book sets on a shelf unopened for years, is it not dead? When was Jesus martyred? When was He resurrected? What was or is His testimony? Etc.
i was tryna make "Jews and Gentiles" fit, but i like this better

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Bible, the WORD of God, both OT and NT, and the Lord Jesus is one. so now the other witness please, I'll be waiting for that answer.

Jesus is not the Bible. He is the Word of God which is the Living Scripture. He would be one witness and anyone else with the Living Scripture Alive in them would be another witness. That could be you or me. But, I am not saying that Jesus is one of the two in Revelation.

My first answer was my answer because from two different views the same truth is seen or witnessed. Each one is a witness to the same testimony when understood by the Holy Ghost, but one shines more brightly at least initially.

"Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound." Isaiah 30:26

As to the two people [if people it be] in the Book of Revelation, I cannot put the name of a human being to them other than to repeat what has already been said here. But, why is it necessary that they be persons or even represented by persons? But if you insist...

Consider the Jew and Gentile as per our friend @bbyrd009 in post #22 for something more specific, but then you will perhaps want to say that those are groups of people rather than individuals. So then my friend, what is the Bride of Christ? Is it one single human woman?

What is the Word of God? Is it really just a book, or is it a man, or is it the Son of God?

Do we need more witnesses?

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not the Bible. He is the Word of God which is the Living Scripture
do not the scripture testify of him?, see Rev 19:10, and the spirit of prophecy is the bible.
He would be one witness and anyone else with the Living Scripture Alive in them would be another witness.
I'm glad you said that, for John the Baptist was born with the Spirit the Living word. take note, only the Lord Jesus and John the Baptist was the only two men alive to God on the planet at that time. so bingo, the two witness are John the Baptist and the lord Jesus.
As to the two people [if people it be] in the Book of Revelation, I cannot put the name of a human being to them other than to repeat what has already been said here. But, why is it necessary that they be persons or even represented by persons? But if you insist...
I don't insist, god do.
What is the Word of God? Is it really just a book, or is it a man, or is it the Son of God?
instead of "What" is the word of god, maybe more like "WHO" is the Word of God.

but I stand by what I have posted, John the baptist, and the lord Jesus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and how might flames come from their mouths to consume their enemies, do you think? Especially the dead?
All of this is spiritual.

The dead are all who are born of flesh, but the dead in Christ is Israel, the chosen. The [only] living are those born [again] of the spirit of God. It is the power of God that makes up what can be described as flames out of their mouths, for they judge the world. This language is like what is said of Christ having a sword that proceeds out of His mouth. It is spirit.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and, what, the Bible is just playing coy, not mentioning them by name? hmm

lol. or at least logic does, huh. :/
(smile) revelation is a book signified, it used other name to identify the real names, like in symbols, or signs. and no the bible is not playing coy, it's just this, 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things".

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad you said that, for John the Baptist was born with the Spirit the Living word. take note, only the Lord Jesus and John the Baptist was the only two men alive to God on the planet at that time. so bingo, the two witness are John the Baptist and the lord Jesus.

I only make a correction to your words here:

"For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb." Luke 1:15

Notice that the Baptist was born filled with the Holy Ghost, not the Living Word. They are not the same thing. The Holy Ghost quickens that which was dead so that it becomes the Word of God. The Holy Spirit give Life to the dead letter:

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

...but I stand by what I have posted, John the baptist, and the lord Jesus

I am not arguing with you. I have for the moment finished.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only make a correction to your words here:

"For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb." Luke 1:15

Notice that the Baptist was born filled with the Holy Ghost, not the Living Word. They are not the same thing. The Holy Ghost quickens that which was dead so that it becomes the Word of God. The Holy Spirit give Life to the dead letter:

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

I am not arguing with you. I have for the moment finished.
amadeus, we are not going to argue at all. it is good that two christian can discuss the scriptures plainly, and this is my intent. but if you are, finish fine with me. your choice. now we can question each other, and put our beliefs on the table, and discuss. it's up to you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus, we are not going to argue at all. it is good that two christian can discuss the scriptures plainly, and this is my intent. but if you are, finish fine with me. your choice. now we can question each other, and put our beliefs on the table, and discuss. it's up to you.
Brother, I do not even pretend to have all of the answers, but I know one who does. It would seem that you also know Him.
I will see you around the forum.
Give God the glory!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

There are two who are manifest in the world: the Word, whom is Christ, meaning the flesh, and the Holy Spirit, which is the spirit of God. The two witnesses are "the dead" and "the living" (in Christ).
Amen..yes I like that one...
I think we get into trouble when we start to over think it and literalize it.
It is a spiritual Book therefore spiritually understood.

( which will take more than my lifetime, I am running out of road now.. :) )

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen..yes I like that one...
I think we get into trouble when we start to over think it and literalize it.
It is a spiritual Book therefore spiritually understood.

( which will take more than my lifetime, I am running out of road now.. :) )
Hmmm, that's certainly a different way to look at that....Intriguing :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
@Scott, you're correct, it is Spiritual, can't wait to hear bbyrd009 answer.
my answer? ha. My answer is that ppl like to have vain imaginings, and Scripture will give you enough rope to hang yourself lol. This strikes me the same as like trying to guess whom "the apostle that Jesus loved" is, which is to say Missing the Point.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my answer? ha. My answer is that ppl like to have vain imaginings, and Scripture will give you enough rope to hang yourself lol. This strikes me the same as like trying to guess whom "the apostle that Jesus loved" is, which is to say Missing the Point.
so we take this as you don't know. there is nothing wrong in not knowing something.