The Inquisitions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She claims she did not say "Christians", well....there you go, she did.
Blowing so much steam that she forgets what she has been posting.

The authority by which we judge homosexuality and abortion comes from the Lord.

The Lord said “This is my body” and “do this in remembence of me”.

Some Protestants “authority” says he didn’t mean it literally. Other authority says he did. Which authority is right?

I never gave the affirmative statement that they were Christians.They say they are Christians. Who decides if they are?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I assumed you knew I meant that in context to history. I should not have assumed that. I should have said: The fact is that historically Christians have gone from....

The fact is that historically Christians have gone from...
There you go, you said it again.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of the Inquisition....
A commenter mentioned the 'real presence issue'; is it literal (physically, God Himself), or something else?
During the few hundred years of the Catholic Church's Inquisitions, a person saying the Eucharist is not what the Catholic Church teaches, would be (if continuously unrepentant) burned at the stake.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Give me evidence the Catholic Church is not the Lords Church and yours is.

Patient Mary

First off it aint mine neither does it belong to any man, nor is any man the head of His church, unlike yours.

Well its like this

Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

see not popes or men

Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

as for your church

slaughtered the Jews, forced people to join at pain of death tortured men women and children to force them to renounce there faith, sold salvation at a price. sent men to war under teh guise of false salvation you die for us you will be saved, a false religion filled with hypocrisy. and here you come to say that "Jesus is a murderer" of His people,

I think Not
Go MAry seek teh truth, what are you afraid of..

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300
B

brakelite

@Marymog This thread began as a discussion on the inquisitions. I mentioned that a sound understanding of history would reveal that the atrocities perpetrated by Catholicism since the 5th century (beginning with the forced acceptance of easter, sunday sacredness, and the trinity) continued unabated till quite recently (Vietnam War) and which included the inquisitions but by no means restricted to that evil mechanism.
Catholics by and large refuse to acknowledge this, which is entirely understandable. After all, as you said yourself, it isn't just a criticism of doctrine, or of practice, but a criticism of "Mother". And your reaction to this perceived insult to your mum is also understandable, and in your case, very well executed.
First, you changed the subject to 'Protestant inquisitions'. While I make no denial that there were in times past some persecutions against Catholics, particularly in Britain, these pale into utter and complete insignificance when compared to the institutionalised organised wars, continuing unabated over many centuries, against not just Protestants of the 16th century and later, but against anyone, from the 6th century on, who did not consider the Pope to be anyone above and beyond a brother in Christ.
Second, you have very successfully antagonised those on this thread by your constant and relentless red herrings and false misleading accusations that those who disagree with you have unfortunately resorted to name calling and some rather inappropriate language which makes it appear that your arguments are more valid and reasonable. They aren't.
Third. A refusal to face the truth on your part sadly locks you into a system which has beguiled billions, destroyed hundreds of millions, and is destined to destroy many many more as she gathers to her side through ecumenism, Islamists, Hindus, Charismatics, evangelicals, and millions more who through political posturing and deception and become a part of Babylon the Great, Mother of harlots and abominations of the earth, and join with all nations "who will hate you (God's true people) for My name's sake".
"Come out of her My people" Jesus calls. If you are a true follower of Jesus, seeking truth and to do according to His will, you will seek Him upon these matters. Seek HIM, not the organisation who claims to speak on His behalf.
Investigate true history. Don't just settle for the Roman version which softens the inquisitions laying blame upon secular governments...and denies the wars and relentless persecutions outside if those inquisitions. Read Wylie's book "The History of the Waldenses". https://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/the_history_of_the_waldenses.pdf
And the above book is just one that is freely available from highly respected historian and writer. That he writes the truth is because so many Catholics write him off as just another bigoted anti-Catholic. The thing is though Mary, he isn't the only historian who has recorded the same thing.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact is that historically Christians have gone from...
There you go, you said it again.
What word do you want me to use to refer to people who call themselves Christians but believe abortion is ok or gay marriage is acceptable to God? Give me the CODE word you want me to use.
I could call them sinners....but that’s you and me and EVERY Christian. I could call them people that disagree with the Bible....but that could be any of us. How would you like to proceed? What is our CODE word???

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of the Inquisition....
A commenter mentioned the 'real presence issue'; is it literal (physically, God Himself), or something else?
During the few hundred years of the Catholic Church's Inquisitions, a person saying the Eucharist is not what the Catholic Church teaches, would be (if continuously unrepentant) burned at the stake.
Lol...Yes back to the subject at hand.

Can you give any historical evidence that a person was burned at the stake for not agreeing with the Catholic Church on transubstantiaion? I’m not saying there arn’t any, I am just not aware of that specific allegation.

During the Protestant Inquisitions a person disagreeing with Protestant teaching would be imprisoned tortured or killed.

Splinter....log...whatever.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off it aint mine neither does it belong to any man, nor is any man the head of His church, unlike yours.

Well its like this

Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

see not popes or men

Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

as for your church

slaughtered the Jews, forced people to join at pain of death tortured men women and children to force them to renounce there faith, sold salvation at a price. sent men to war under teh guise of false salvation you die for us you will be saved, a false religion filled with hypocrisy. and here you come to say that "Jesus is a murderer" of His people,

I think Not
Go MAry seek teh truth, what are you afraid of..
I love scripture. I don’t love it being twisted by unstable men who don’t understand it.

I will patiently await your evidence.

Love Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can you give any historical evidence that a person was burned at the stake for not agreeing with the Catholic Church on transubstantiaion? I’m not saying there arn’t any, I am just not aware of that specific allegation.

Just read "John Foxe's Book of Martyrs" written during the reign of Elizabeth 1st of England. Starting with Nero...a history of Martyrs....interesting read.
You'll find them all in there....
You can read the whole book free on line.

http://kotisatama.net/files/kotisatama/Tekstit_ja_kirjat/foxe.pdf

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog This thread began as a discussion on the inquisitions. I mentioned that a sound understanding of history would reveal that the atrocities perpetrated by Catholicism since the 5th century (beginning with the forced acceptance of easter, sunday sacredness, and the trinity) continued unabated till quite recently (Vietnam War) and which included the inquisitions but by no means restricted to that evil mechanism.
Catholics by and large refuse to acknowledge this, which is entirely understandable. After all, as you said yourself, it isn't just a criticism of doctrine, or of practice, but a criticism of "Mother". And your reaction to this perceived insult to your mum is also understandable, and in your case, very well executed.
First, you changed the subject to 'Protestant inquisitions'. While I make no denial that there were in times past some persecutions against Catholics, particularly in Britain, these pale into utter and complete insignificance when compared to the institutionalised organised wars, continuing unabated over many centuries, against not just Protestants of the 16th century and later, but against anyone, from the 6th century on, who did not consider the Pope to be anyone above and beyond a brother in Christ.
Second, you have very successfully antagonised those on this thread by your constant and relentless red herrings and false misleading accusations that those who disagree with you have unfortunately resorted to name calling and some rather inappropriate language which makes it appear that your arguments are more valid and reasonable. They aren't.
Third. A refusal to face the truth on your part sadly locks you into a system which has beguiled billions, destroyed hundreds of millions, and is destined to destroy many many more as she gathers to her side through ecumenism, Islamists, Hindus, Charismatics, evangelicals, and millions more who through political posturing and deception and become a part of Babylon the Great, Mother of harlots and abominations of the earth, and join with all nations "who will hate you (God's true people) for My name's sake".
"Come out of her My people" Jesus calls. If you are a true follower of Jesus, seeking truth and to do according to His will, you will seek Him upon these matters. Seek HIM, not the organisation who claims to speak on His behalf.
Investigate true history. Don't just settle for the Roman version which softens the inquisitions laying blame upon secular governments...and denies the wars and relentless persecutions outside if those inquisitions. Read Wylie's book "The History of the Waldenses". https://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/the_history_of_the_waldenses.pdf
And the above book is just one that is freely available from highly respected historian and writer. That he writes the truth is because so many Catholics write him off as just another bigoted anti-Catholic. The thing is though Mary, he isn't the only historian who has recorded the same thing.
Hi,

First: I didn't change the subject to "Protestant Inquisition's". The subject is "The Inquisition's". Scroll up to the top of the page and you will see that is what this subject is about. I didn't change anything and I can't change it. Only the person who named the subject can change it and that person is @tabletalk! The Protestant Church had Inquisition's also. If @tabletalk wants to change the subject to the Catholic Inquisition's only then that's fine. Until then I will continue to comment on The Inquisition's.

Second: I agree with you. :) Some on this thread have resorted to name calling inappropriate language; not Mary;). That is not very Christian like of them now, is it? I am not responsible for their words or their feelings: THEY ARE. So please don't suggest that my alleged antagonism and red herrings are responsible for their actions/words. They are responsible for them, NOT ME. Please peddle your 'the devil made me do it' excuse with someone else....thank you.

Third: Who's Truth? What Truth? Yours? Who gave YOU the Truth? Who decides The Truth? You? The Baptist? Methodist? Joel Olstean??? Why do others have The Truth but not the men of the Catholic Church? What is your evidence that I have not seeked Him and found Him??? What is your evidence that the men of the Catholic Church have not seeked Him and found Him? I will back up everything I say with either scripture, history and/or facts. The FACT is the Protestants acted just like the Catholics when they tortured, imprisoned and killed men who disagreed with them. The FACT is the Catholic Church has been around for a lot longer than the protestant church so the men of the catholic church had more time to commit more atrocities. To pretend that Protestant atrocities are not just as bad as Catholic atrocities just because there were FEWER is ridiculous. FACT, the secular government carried out those "catholic" atrocities. I will admit they were influenced by The Church.

I have read the Waldense story/history. They began to teach opposite of what scripture taught and The Church did not handle it correctly. Sound familiar??? The Protestants did the same thing silly boy.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just read "John Foxe's Book of Martyrs" written during the reign of Elizabeth 1st of England. Starting with Nero...a history of Martyrs....interesting read.
You'll find them all in there....
You can read the whole book free on line.

http://kotisatama.net/files/kotisatama/Tekstit_ja_kirjat/foxe.pdf
Thank you. I asked for historical evidence that a person was burned at the stake for not agreeing with the Catholic Church on transubstantiation (singular).

I presume your link refers to all burning at the stakes for any heretical belief.

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have that book.
Bought it at the Mennonite Village, Steinbach, Manitoba.

I got born again in 1961, I was 22.
My dad gave me two books that week...one was "Foxe's book of Martyrs " and the other one was C.S.Lewis's book "The Screwtape Letters"
Those two books almost un-born me again :D :D They both scared me spitless. My dad was not always the wisest ...but a great bible teacher never the less.
So I was thrown in the deep end from the word "GO". Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.