The Issue of Calvinism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I am not a modalist; but you would label me as that because you disagree with my understanding. The only way that you will ever understand the Trinity is if you get baptized in Jesus' Name.
I was baptized in Jesus' name and you do not understand the trinity. Not even close.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again my friend, you are placing the cause before the effect.

In Ezekiel 37, he comes upon a valley of very dry bones. These bones had no way of ever living again, left to themselves. That was us in our lost condition.

God commands Ezekiel to say to these bones ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.’ Here we see God commanding something they can’t do. How can these dead, sunbleached bones hear the word of the Lord? Left in this state, they can’t. It takes God to take the initiative and do for them what they can’t do themselves. God said ”Behold, I will cause breath to enter you that you may come to life. I will put sinews on you, make flesh grow back on you, cover you with skin and put breath in you that you may come alive; and you will know that I am the LORD.’”

As Ezekiel commands, he hears a great noise, rattling of bones, bone coming to its bone, then sinew and flesh. Yet, they lack one very important thing, breath of life. God then commands Ezekiel to prophecy for the wind to blow upon them. As he prophecies, the wind blows upon them and they come to life and stand upon their feet.

This is how the gospel works. As we speak the word of God, He quickens whosoever He wills[John 5:21] and they come to life.

Wow!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a modalist; but you would label me as that because you disagree with my understanding. The only way that you will ever understand the Trinity is if you get baptized in Jesus' Name.

And two of the men were angels, if you look at Genesis 18:33 and Genesis 19:1.
Does your church baptize solely in the name of Jesus?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And someone who believes we have no choice about salvation might as well be shouting in the middle of the desert alone.

They are not preaching love, just pointless Babble. What they say has no impact on celebration for anyone per their own beliefs.
Choice doesn't save, you've been warned with Scripture enough. You have nothing Biblical. You also straight up lied when I showed you believe God saved you because of your love and choosing him. I then quoted where you claimed it. Want to go there again?

You can't even keep your story straight, so you libel, insult, and don't give a flip about God's word. You have nothing to bring to the table. If you were in my church I'd refuse to fellowship with you and biblically avoid you; Romans 16:17, and then seek church discipline on you for your libel, divisiveness, discord and false doctrine. But then again you wouldn't be granted membership, you're a divisive heretic that doesn't know the Gospel.

Now, if you came in faith and repentance we'd work with you and wait for evidence of true conversion.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when is sozo, soterios, and anothen synonymous with each other? Saved and salvation mean deliverance, in this instance, delivered(saved) from sin. Anothen means birth from above, new birth, born again, born anew.

Being born again, regenerated, and saved are synonymous in spiritual language, whether it is Greek or English.

Yes, we(believers) have access. Unbelievers? Not so much. The very moment one has faith, they’re saved.

Exactly! They have access to salvation (grace) by faith. Now you're getting the order! They are not saved first.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What scripture did I use to pit against your scripture?

If I already quoted it, then are you not pitting your scripture against my scripture?
You used Romans 5:8 as proof of the Christ dying for everyone, when John 10:11, John 10:15, and Ephesians 5:25 say He died for His sheep, sheep, church, respectively.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 2nd person of the trinity is eternally begotten by the first person from whom together proceeds the 3rd person. God does not change, and he is not a split personality as modalists claim.

The second person of the Trinity is not begotten by anyone. He is without beginning or end and absolutely equal to the father and Holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ, the flesh, is not the second person of the Trinity.

D

Dave L

The second person of the Trinity is not begotten by anyone. He is without beginning or end and absolutely equal to the father and Holy Spirit.

The Son is eternally begotten of the Father. There is no father without a Son, nor son without the father. And God does not change.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And two of the men were angels, if you look at Genesis 18:33 and Genesis 19:1.

Well, you just clearly labeled a Oneness Pentecostal.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again, regenerated, and saved are synonymous in spiritual language, whether it is Greek or English.

Now you’re winging it. Now you’re making it up as you go.

Exactly! They have access to salvation (grace) by faith. Now you're getting the order! They are not saved first.

Regeneration(born again) and salvation(saved from sin) happen simultaneously.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You used Romans 5:8 as proof of the Christ dying for everyone, when John 10:11, John 10:15, and Ephesians 5:25 say He died for His sheep, sheep, church, respectively.
I used it as proof that God loves the sinner. If you see it as contradicting your interpretation of those other verses, then that is your intellectual problem to deal with.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.[John 1:14]

Begotten of the Father does not mean the Christ had a beginning, but that He came forth from the Father. He came forth from the Father when He became the incarnate Christ, the God-man.

Reactions: Dave L