The Jesus Papyrus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carston Thiede wrote a book by that name that could have turned modern scholarship about dating of the gospel on its head. Its been largely ignored in the academic world because it would make the academics themselves look to be in error - greatly in error - about the dates the gospels were written.

Reactions: Wrangler

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carston Thiede wrote a book by that name that could have turned modern scholarship about dating of the gospel on its head. Its been largely ignored in the academic world because it would make the academics themselves look to be in error - greatly in error - about the dates the gospels were written.
I've seen good arguments to date Matthew within 10 years of Jesus' resurrection.

On a side note, have you seen this?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have not seen it Mark - thanks
I love how the man plays a happy, playful, joyful Jesus. I think that's probibly more like Jesus really was than the somber way I see Him portrayed.

Of course, then there is my sister's approach. She doesn't watch movies about Jesus as she wants her perception of Him to come from the Bible only.

Much love!