The Kingdom of God.... Is it within you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not understand that God NEVER cast them off utterly only because "the remnant of them shall be saved"? God's promises are always given only to whosoever is of faith! It's not about ethnicity, but is about faithfulness to God.
Cast them off, them who? You say it's not about their ethnicity, and in the same breath you defend their ethnicity, that God will preserve a remnant. When is exactly what I've been saying.

Regardless, I'm seeing too many out of context and poorly interpreted quotes, I'm bowing out. And all the "you" statements, which are to me an incredibly poor excuse for conversation.

Much love!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cast them off, them who? You say it's not about their ethnicity, and in the same breath you defend their ethnicity, that God will preserve a remnant. When is exactly what I've been saying.

Regardless, I'm seeing too many out of context and poorly interpreted quotes, I'm bowing out. And all the "you" statements, which are to me an incredibly poor excuse for conversation.

Much love!

It's not about ethnicity! THEM who are not cast off are the remnant according to election of grace. The remnant is preserved by God by grace through faith NOT because they are the nation called Israel.

Reactions: covenantee

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy that will be fulfulled:

Ezekiel 36:22-38 KJV
22) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
23) And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
29) I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
30) And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
31) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
33) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
34) And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
35) And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
36) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.
37) Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.
38) As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be fulfilled:

Ezekiel 39:25-29 KJV
25) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26) After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27) When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28) Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29) Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

And there is much more.

Much love!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Prophecy that will be fulfulled:

Ezekiel 36:22-38 KJV
22) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
23) And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
29) I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
30) And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
31) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
33) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
34) And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
35) And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
36) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.
37) Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.
38) As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Much love!
Ever heard of the New Covenant?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To be fulfilled:

25) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26) After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27) When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28) Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29) Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

And there is much more.

Much love!
Ever heard of the New Covenant?

• Love
Reactions: rwb

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be fulfilled:

And there is much more.

Much love!

I'm not certain if you might agree or not, but the way I tend to reason some of this is like such.

when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid. This is meaning after Jerusalem was rebuilt, which involves Daniel 9:25, for one. And it includes when Christ initially came and dwelled there among them. But then 70 AD happened, which then resulted in this for the ones that survived---and shall be led away captive into all nations(Luke 21:24).

Obviously, there has to then be a return eventually. And actually there was, meaning what began happening in the mid 20th century. Which then explains this in verse 27---When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands

Verse 27 also says this---and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations. Except this has not happened yet, which then means God is still hiding His face from them in the meantime. The reason why we know this hasn't happened yet is because it can't happen until the judgment concerning Gog and his multitude happens first. That is when He is sanctified in them in the sight of many nations. Where that then equals what verse 29 records.

Reactions: marks

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another of those priceless gems, which make this such a good forum!

Much love!
Well, you've been conspicuously ignoring the applicability of the New Covenant in the dialogue to this point, so it begs the question.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you've been conspicuously ignoring the applicability of the New Covenant in the dialogue to this point, so it begs the question.
Doubling down . . . generally means, digging deeper. It's just poor form, and the sooner you let go of such behavior the better off you will be.

Much love!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Doubling down . . . generally means, digging deeper. It's just poor form, and the sooner you let go of such behavior the better off you will be.

Much love!
Apologies if you've been offended.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there's some of your own rhetoric.
That's a conditional statement. If you are not born again, then it's not true for you, whomever you may be.

Tuning in to "you" statements can revolutionize your discussions with others. Learning to recognize when you are making statements about the person instead of the topic, and choosing to limit them to only what is actually appropriate.

We need to be aware of how we speak, and how we come across to others.

You this, and you that, and you you you are you do you were you are so, you know what I mean?

Much love!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's a conditional statement. If you are not born again, then it's not true for you, whomever you may be.

Tuning in to "you" statements can revolutionize your discussions with others. Learning to recognize when you are making statements about the person instead of the topic, and choosing to limit them to only what is actually appropriate.

We need to be aware of how we speak, and how we come across to others.

You this, and you that, and you you you are you do you were you are so, you know what I mean?

Much love!
"Here, you, if you are born again"

That's two "you's" directed specifically at me.

If I need to apologize, so do you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Here, you, if you are born again"

That's two "you's" directed specifically at me.

If I need to apologize, so do you.
I gave a conditional statement, and I didn't say, You are not born again. This feels like "tit for tat".

Just the same, I truly am sorry if you were actually offended.

And I never asked for, nor needed an apology from you. That's for you to decide. I do hope you are understanding what I'm sharing with you.

Much love!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I gave a conditional statement, and I didn't say, You are not born again. This feels like "tit for tat".

Just the same, I truly am sorry if you were actually offended.

And I never asked for, nor needed an apology from you. That's for you to decide. I do hope you are understanding what I'm sharing with you.

Much love!
Nor was I offended. Cases closed.

Are you interested in discussion about the New Covenant?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor was I offended. Cases closed.

Are you interested in discussion about the New Covenant?
Well, the direction you seemed to be heading is that you believe the New Covenant means the abbrogation of the promises made in the Law and the Prophets, and I don't agree. I find the promises to be rock solid, and I don't find any disharmony. So we are approaching from very different viewpoints.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 31:28-34 KJV
28) And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.
29) In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
30) But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This new covenant?

To whom was this promised?

Much love!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, the direction you seemed to be heading is that you believe the New Covenant means the abbrogation of the promises made in the Law and the Prophets, and I don't agree. I find the promises to be rock solid, and I don't find any disharmony. So we are approaching from very different viewpoints.

Much love!
Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Is a better covenant established upon better promises,
an abrogation?