The Lake of Fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do people or souls enter eternal punishment?

• Total voters

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Question for everyone:

If you were a Judge, and a young child was brought before you in court, and lets say that child had just committed a terrible crime, they stabbed another child to death, and they attacked their parents and rejected their parents and hated their parents, and they were arrested and brought before you, and then imagine you had ONLY 2 choices or options between putting them to sleep forever or setting them alight and letting them burn in complete agony forever, which one would you choose?

You only have 2 options! Which one would you choose? Eternal sleep or eternal agony for the child? Imagine you had only these 2 options. Which would you choose? Could you stand back even for 2 minutes and watch the child burn on fire in terrible screaming agony and DO NOTHING to put the fire out or to stop the child suffering? Yes or No?

I would personally choose eternal sleep of course! So being evil as humans are, you truly believe our loving God would choose more EVIL than you? Eternal sleep[Death] is wages for sinners and NOT eternal agony.

Or even if your dog attacked you and bit you and tried to maul you to death, and you only had 2 options! Would you take REVENGE on the dog and put the dog on fire to see it burn in agony forever, or place your dog under death in unconscious sleep?

Seeing you, as sinful as you are, could NEVER sit back and even watch your own dog burn and burn in agony, how can you believe that your loving Father in heaven will burn and burn His lost children in a horrific eternal fire?

What's the purpose of God's punishment as taught in Bible? Punishment is for CORRECTION and REDIRECTION of behavior, to align with God's law and repent! Yet with a eternal hellfire, there is no objective in it, there is no end to the punishment and no opportunity to change and repent, hence, NO objective to the punishment, besides pure evil REVENGE!

I reject the idea of eternal punishment and my God and my Bible doesn't teach it. And that's why you are seeing so many English translations which never teach eternal hellfire because the Scholars realise it's not ever taught in the original languages!

Eternal hellfire and eternal torture is only taught in some English translations, but never in the original languages. It all goes back to Catholicism who were trying to place fear into people in the dark ages by threatening them with hell if they don't pay up and this influenced the KJV English translators to use words like "hell" that never appear in the Hebrew or Greek.

Food for thought.

By the way, there have been 4 votes to say there is NO eternal hellfire. Besides myself, who were the other 3 people to vote NO?

God bless.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I have to wonder what the motivation is for people who try to deny what the bible plainly teaches,are they trying to comfort unrepentant people by telling them its ok they will just cease to exist ? are they trying to comfort people that their unsaved loved ones will not suffer after they die ? are they trying to comfort themselves because they are haunted by doubts about whether or not they will make it to heaven ? apart from these reasons what is the purpose of denying eternal punishment....perhaps they want people to think God is a nice guy...a little P.R for Jesus....

The original lie was that God realy didn't mean what he said...and the rest as they say is history....Jesus would not have wasted his time warning people that won't exist about a fate or circumstance that won't exist

You're close. The reason for denying hell is a real place is because the unbelieving don't want to think there's any other place of existence than terra firma, this earth. That's how much in love some are with 'this world', even though God said He is going to end this world.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
You're close. The reason for denying hell is a real place is because the unbelieving don't want to think there's any other place of existence than terra firma, this earth. That's how much in love some are with 'this world', even though God said He is going to end this world.

The reason for denying hell is a real place is because it's not biblical, and I prove it here:

http://www.biblejesu...l-hellfire.html

God bless.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
I am a Christian and I will say that if I were standing before God as He told an atheist that he was going to burn for all eternity for 80 years of sin, I would hate God

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
I am a Christian and I will say that if I were standing before God as He told an atheist that he was going to burn for all eternity for 80 years of sin, I would hate God

I agree, I could never love such a ferocious and vicious and REVENGEFUL God. I could never live in Paradise forever knowing that billions of lost people were screaming in complete terror and agony and pain somewhere without end to their pain. I could never live in heaven and look God in the face knowing He is a tyrant and horrible monster burning others. I could never look at such a god with love in my eye. I could never stand back and even watch a dog suffer, so if God could stand back forever and see the lost screaming and suffering for all eternity, then such a God would be like Satan and more vicious than any human or Angel who has ever lived.

Seriously, what would we as human beings say if we saw a person throwing a dog into a fire and standing back and watching the dog yelp and be in complete agony and who stood back and watched and did nothing? And imagine when approaching that person and asking them, "How could you do such an evil thing?" And the person answered, "It was part of my Will, I throw any dog into the fire who does not accept me and stand back and watch them burn in agony!!!". Could you seriously believe that person was just and good and a nice person that you want to spend all your time with?

But the true God of the Bible will not take revenge on the lost and will not make them suffer for ALL ETERNITY! Just like humans do with a dog, we compassionately put them to sleep, so shall God do with the lost, and then the universe will finally be free of all sin and sinners.

God bless.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
But the true God of the Bible will not take revenge on the lost and will not make them suffer for ALL ETERNITY! Just like humans do with a dog, we compassionately put them to sleep, so shall God do with the lost, and then the universe will finally be free of all sin and sinners.
But you must keep in mind that Christians are sinners as well. Even if Jesus covers our sin, forgiveness does not take away what one did. If it does, explain to me how.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
But you must keep in mind that Christians are sinners as well. Even if Jesus covers our sin, forgiveness does not take away what one did. If it does, explain to me how.

It's called justification (just as if I had never sinned) through imputation of Christ's perfection and righteousness, which in turn is called grace, which in turn means undeserved favour, which in turn means the guilty can legally be declared Innocent.

Hasn't anyone ever explained the gospel to you and what Jesus' birth, life and death means and did for us?

God bless.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia

I'm sorry...you would hate God for making a judgement call that is his alone to make? I'm not saying that hell is burning alive forever...I honestly don't know what 'eternal punishment' (And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:46 ESV)) is, but my point is this: you are trying to place yourself in position of judge, when we know only God has that right. By saying 'I would hate God for making that decision' you are effectively saying that you know what the exact weight of sin is against a holy God. That you yourself know what is the just response to that, that you have the right to take that decision from God. You are trying to hold God to human moral standards. God is not human, he is not some almighty powerful wizard that, while powerful, is still required to hold to the laws of nature and the rules of 'good' and 'bad'. The Bible tells us that he IS good, and just, and fair. So in believing we would hate God for any call he made, we are calling him a liar and accusing him of being opposite to what he has revealed to us. Put simply...it's not our call. And to think we have the right to have any kind of a say in it is the worse kind of arrogance and sin.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
I'm sorry...you would hate God for making a judgement call that is his alone to make? I'm not saying that hell is burning alive forever...I honestly don't know what 'eternal punishment' (And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:46 ESV)) ...

The Koine Greek word "aionios" is used in Matthew 25:46 and has been translated forever and ever! But in Koine Greek it doesn't mean endless at all! The term "for ever, eternal, everlasting" as used in the Bible, means simply a period of time, limited or unlimited. It is used 56 times in the Bible in connection with things that have already ended.

In context, the reason why the saved will be given eternal life is because they are given immortality as a gift, something which the lost are never given, hence, without Jesus they will not see life and will die and cease to exist, John 3:36, Oba 1:16.

The Greek word for everlasting or eternal is the adjective "aionios" derived from the noun "aion" which means an "age" or "era". The word itself leaves the time limit of the age undefined.

(Aion, Aionios) 42 times rendered "eternal" and 25 times "everlasting"

The runaway slave "onesimus" (philemon 15) was to serve his master "for ever"(aionios). Is he still serving his master today? NO!

Read about the city of Edom in Isa 34:6-11 It says Edom was to burn forever and never be quenched, the smoke thereof shall go up for ever! But its NOT burning today and in fact in verse 11 it says it will be occupied again after this so called forever FIRE! The problem lies in English translations, and eternal and forever and ever, does not always mean endless in the Bible.

Is EDOM burning today? NO! English translation says forever, but the original language it doesn't say or mean forever as you can clearly see that the next verse says it will be occupied again. How is that possible if v10 was to be taken literally as eternal fire etc... Think about it!

In Isa 34:10 it says the smoke from the fire on Edom will rise forever and never be quenched! Is this smoke rising today? NO it is not as Edom is in ashes today!

The original terms have been misunderstood and this can even be established from within the KJV itself. For example, the ancient cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by God with fire. Jude 1:7 says they were burnt with "eternal fire". These cities are not still burning today. With reference to these two cities, Peter says that they burnt until they became ashes. 2 Pet 2:6. Jeremiah goes onto say they these cities burnt for a moment!! Lam 4:6.

God bless.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
2012 doctrines of men you are on about.
You only get one chance mate. it's not a democracy when it comes to God's word.

Like Veteran said you are on about with. a false God !

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
The Koine Greek word "aionios" is used in Matthew 25:46 and has been translated forever and ever! But in Koine Greek it doesn't mean endless at all! The term "for ever, eternal, everlasting" as used in the Bible, means simply a period of time, limited or unlimited. It is used 56 times in the Bible in connection with things that have already ended.

You're telling me that the word 'eternal' could mean limited or unlimited. As in, it could be either. And then you demand that it is, in fact, the limited meaning. What makes you the ultimate decider of that? Why can't it mean unlimited? What makes you think that your studies into it are more thorough, more researched, more learned, than every single other bible scholar over the ages who have translated it as 'eternal'? What makes you think that the Holy Spirit and the singular power of God's written word, the power of God behind it, would let generations and generations interpret a word incorrectly, especially if the mistake cast an unflattering light on God and His nature?
The simple fact is, I'm afraid, is that you and many people like you, don't like the fact that God is the only one capable to call absolute justice, and that He is the only one with a right to it. It is His and His will and purpose alone that will be done. The sheer audacity of people to think they can demand 'fairness' of God...He who IS justice and goodness, is ridiculous.
Now, I honestly don't care if you want to argue that 'punishment' for the unsaved is fluffy clouds and puppy dogs or if it's constant burning alive or being poked with a stick forever...my big point is: ITS NOT FOR US TO SAY. The instant you say "God can't do this...it would be unfair and I would hate him for it" is the instant you declare yourself to know better than him. Remember how that went in the garden? Not so well. We, as Christians, need to say "I may not understand this, what it is, what will happen, or why; but whatever and why ever, I trust my Lord, Saviour and God to work all things for our good and his glory." And really, that is the point of everything. Our life and salvation is not because we are the important characters of the story and deserve saving. Our salvation, God's grace and goodness are all there to show his glory, so that glory may be given to him. So hell? Whatever, where ever...it's His call, and we need to know that it will be fair, it will be just and it will be for His glory. Anything else is details and above our pay grade.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012

Thats a pretty lofty position you put yourself in,God,the creator of the Universe, judges an unrepentant sinner and then you judge God...atheist will say they don't beleive in God because bad things happen or they don't get their way...absolute and unquestionable authority is a problem for most people because man wishes to sit on his own throne above that of God

The answer is repentence and submission without question...agreeing with God about what he has said.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I'm sorry...you would hate God for making a judgement call that is his alone to make? I'm not saying that hell is burning alive forever...I honestly don't know what 'eternal punishment' (And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:46 ESV)) is, but my point is this: you are trying to place yourself in position of judge, when we know only God has that right. By saying 'I would hate God for making that decision' you are effectively saying that you know what the exact weight of sin is against a holy God. That you yourself know what is the just response to that, that you have the right to take that decision from God. You are trying to hold God to human moral standards. God is not human, he is not some almighty powerful wizard that, while powerful, is still required to hold to the laws of nature and the rules of 'good' and 'bad'. The Bible tells us that he IS good, and just, and fair. So in believing we would hate God for any call he made, we are calling him a liar and accusing him of being opposite to what he has revealed to us. Put simply...it's not our call. And to think we have the right to have any kind of a say in it is the worse kind of arrogance and sin.

You're jumping the gun Rach. Justinian was giving a hypothetical example of how he'd feel if eternal burning forever and forever in the lake of fire were true.

Thats a pretty lofty position you put yourself in,God,the creator of the Universe, judges an unrepentant sinner and then you judge God...atheist will say they don't beleive in God because bad things happen or they don't get their way...absolute and unquestionable authority is a problem for most people because man wishes to sit on his own throne above that of God

The answer is repentence and submission without question...agreeing with God about what he has said.

And you're jumping on Rach's boat, which is unwarranted too. Justinian I don't believe hates God, nor tries to put himself in place of God as judge. I grasped what he meant, which is only that he wouldn't see God as Just if an atheist is to burn forever and forever like a piece of bacon. And I would tend to agree with Justinian, because God in His Word declares how He's going to destroy the wicked and they will be no more (Ps.37).

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
You're jumping the gun Rach. Justinian was giving a hypothetical example of how he'd feel if eternal burning forever and forever in the lake of fire were true.

And you're jumping on Rach's boat, which is unwarranted too. Justinian I don't believe hates God, nor tries to put himself in place of God as judge. I grasped what he meant, which is only that he wouldn't see God as Just if an atheist is to burn forever and forever like a piece of bacon. And I would tend to agree with Justinian, because God in His Word declares how He's going to destroy the wicked and they will be no more (Ps.37).

I'm not jumping on anyone's boat,if you think you are of sufficient staure to pass judgement on Gods judgement go right ahead...i am not and will refrain from such...modern man likes Heaven and can see himself there but he doesn't like hell so it can't exist,and Jesus warned people that won't exist about a place that doesn't exist....i guess.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I'm not jumping on anyone's boat,if you think you are of sufficient staure to pass judgement on Gods judgement go right ahead...i am not and will refrain from such...modern man likes Heaven and can see himself there but he doesn't like hell so it can't exist,and Jesus warned people that won't exist about a place that doesn't exist....i guess.

So I see we have yet another here pushing confusion that the abode of hell is the same thing as the "lake of fire" one-time event.

Maybe you're not yet aware that's what you're doing, but that's what you're doing when you speak of the eternal burning idea as the abode of "hell".

The "lake of fire" of Rev.20:14 is what causes the destruction of hell and the wicked. The abode of hell itself is only a holding place, and heavenly prison. It's to eventually go into... the "lake of fire" as written...

Rev 20:14-15
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
(KJV)

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
What is Gehenna?

James 3:6 says that the tongue is a fire which can set the whole
body on fire by "hell" (gehenna). How was this concept revealed
to James?

This is undoubtedly a reference to Jesus' words in Matthew 5:29
and 30, where He says, "it is better for one of the body parts of
your body perish than for your whole body to be thrown into
gehenna."

While many equate this to a burning torture pit, gehenna is actually
applied in Scripture to the coming destruction of Jerusalem along
with those who fight God's army that He has raised up against the
city (Isaiah 29:1-6; Jer. 19). Gehenna is the Greek word for the
valley of Ben-hinnom (Jer. 19:2). It was the city dump, which was
constantly burning just outside Jerusalem, and hence also known
by the word Tophet, or "burning" (Jer. 19:6).

The divine judgment pronounced upon Jerusalem by the prophets
carries into the New Testament, for Jesus Himself prophesied of its
destruction (Matt. 24:2). Most of this prophecy was fulfilled in 70
A.D., but because the city was rebuilt, there awaits yet another
fulfillment, for Jer. 19:11 says "Just so shall I break this people and
this city, even as one breaks a potter's vessel, which cannot again
be repaired."

This was illustrated when the prophet smashed an earthen vessel in
the valley of Ben-hinnom. Thus, the day will come when the city will
be destroyed in such a manner that it will never again be rebuilt. This
will mark the final casting out of "the bondwoman" (Gal. 4:30), which
Paul says is the earthly city of Jerusalem (Gal. 4:25).

Jerusalem, the center of Judaism, claimed to teach the law of God,
but in fact, they had replaced the law with their own carnal "traditions
of men," as Jesus told them in Matt. 15:6, "you invalidated the word
of God for the sake of your tradition." The traditions of men were
men's misunderstandings of the law, interpreted by the carnal mind
apart from a genuine knowledge of its Author. The Sermon on the
Mount was designed to make those corrections, and in this context
Jesus taught about gehenna in Matt. 5:29, 30.

Hence, He said that if your right eye or your right hand makes you
stumble, "cut if off." Better to lose a body part than your whole body
in gehenna when God destroys the city. It was a veiled reference to
the fact that men were so attached to the city and its temple that
they might continue to support the traditions of men being taught in
the temple and thereby end up being destroyed with the city.

All of the specific laws on which Jesus provides commentary in this
Sermon are just examples of the general problem found in Jerusalem
as a city and as a religious center. To many, Jerusalem was as
important as their right eye or right hand, but if it causes men to
stumble at the truth, then they should forsake the city itself.

It is important to understand the difference between gehenna and
hades, both of which are often translated "hell." The words are not
interchangeable, for they have different meanings and applications.
Yet because many people do not realize this, they misunderstand
James 3:6. James was telling us that "the tongue is a fire" that can
set the whole body on fire. The tongue is not a literal fire, of course.
James was using the term metaphorically, much like Moses when he
spoke of the "fiery law" in Deut. 33:2 or like Jeremiah when he likened
the word of God to a fire and a hammer in Jer. 23:29.

Hence, the word of God is a fire, but so also is our own tongue, says
James. He makes this statement in his chapter on teachers (3:1), so
specifically, the tongue of a teacher can be a destructive fire if they
teach the traditions of men, rather than the word of God. Both the
Word and the traditions of men are fires, each burning in a different
way. The word of God burns the flesh, but is ultimately constructive.
The traditions of men burn the whole body in gehenna, James says.

Teachers are held more accountable before God than other people. If
they teach the traditions of men, as did the Scribes and Pharisees, God
will judge them more severely than those who believe their teachings.
Once again, James might be referring to Jesus' words in Matt. 5:19,

19 Whoever then annuls one of the least of these
commandments, and so teaches others, shall be
called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever
keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in
the kingdom of heaven.

What a God!!!

Logabe

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
So I see we have yet another here pushing confusion that the abode of hell is the same thing as the "lake of fire" one-time event.

Maybe you're not yet aware that's what you're doing, but that's what you're doing when you speak of the eternal burning idea as the abode of "hell".

The "lake of fire" of Rev.20:14 is what causes the destruction of hell and the wicked. The abode of hell itself is only a holding place, and heavenly prison. It's to eventually go into... the "lake of fire" as written...

Rev 20:14-15
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
(KJV)

And you are "pushing" the mantras of the modern Church...it feels good to feel good about feeling good while you put God in his place and keep him there,no confusion here...you don't like Hell or the Lake of Fire,take your pick, or any of the judgements God has given against those who refuse the gospel.

The atheist say,or at least some of them say they don't beleive in God because of the way life is,they pass judgement on him and say he doesn't exist... what is the purpose of trying to refute the existence of eternal punishment,if one is saved it's not realy much of an issue...is it ?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
And you are "pushing" the mantras of the modern Church...it feels good to feel good about feeling good while you put God in his place and keep him there,no confusion here...you don't like Hell or the Lake of Fire,take your pick, or any of the judgements God has given against those who refuse the gospel.

The atheist say,or at least some of them say they don't beleive in God because of the way life is,they pass judgement on him and say he doesn't exist... what is the purpose of trying to refute the existence of eternal punishment,if one is saved it's not realy much of an issue...is it ?

No, I'm exposing lies that come from those pushing Jewish traditions here, their false idea that no such place as a heavenly abode for the wicked after death exists. Your above words appear to be just more ignorant ramblings here designed to confuse the Biblical difference between the abode of haides and the future lake of fire event.

Most likely, that's why you also fail to address that Rev.20 Scripture I declared from God's Word.

So do you deny the existence of a heavenly abode of the wicked that exists right now, like the place Peter declared in 2 Pet.2:4? Do you stand also with Jewish tradition on that also like others here?

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
No, I'm exposing lies that come from those pushing Jewish traditions here, their false idea that no such place as a heavenly abode for the wicked after death exists. Your above words appear to be just more ignorant ramblings here designed to confuse the Biblical difference between the abode of haides and the future lake of fire event.

Most likely, that's why you also fail to address that Rev.20 Scripture I declared from God's Word.

So do you deny the existence of a heavenly abode of the wicked that exists right now, like the place Peter declared in 2 Pet.2:4? Do you stand also with Jewish tradition on that also like others here?

Well i should have known that here on this "Christian" it wouldn't take long for somebody to have a hissy fit because i disagreed with them....like i said why does any of this matter to those who are saved ? and what benefit is it to the unsaved ? i suppose you can pick apart "saved" and "unsaved" as well and go off in a thousand different definitions and interpretations of that,nit picking over every detail...gfast forward to judgement day...one damned soul says to the other " don't worry,thanks to all those sharp cookies in Christianity who figured out what God reeeeeally meant when he put all that stuff in the Bible it will be over quick" I see that you are one of those who thinks the Bible contradicts itself,sin isn't sin,eternity isn't eternity,with Heaven being the exception of course, and fire isn't fire....whats next....fire doesn't burn

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
2012 doctrines of men you are on about.
You only get one chance mate. it's not a democracy when it comes to God's word.

Like Veteran said you are on about with. a false God !

Are you suggesting I am following and worshiping a false God?

And are you saying you are following and worshiping a true God that will take revenge on the lost and make them suffer for all eternity?

In the original languages of the Bible - Hebrew and Koine Greek, eternal hellfire is NEVER taught! We only get this idea of an eternal hellfire where people will burn forever in agony in the English Bible. But God never ever taught it, and eternal hellfire is not Biblical.

Eternal hellfire stems from Devils first lie[Gen 3:4], then came pagan philosophy, Jewish apostasies, Catholicism then protestantism! And it's amazing how many people in the Church are still spreading this Devil's lie....that you shall surely never die!!!

In the Hebrew and Greek, Sheol[Hebrew] and Hades,Tartaroo and Gehenna[Greek] is a place of death, darkness & silence. In other words, the grave! But the English word "Hell" means an eternal burning place of agony! But in the original Hebrew/Greek, there is no such word as "hell".

The Roman Catholic Church pushed for this "eternal hellfire" teaching so they could get money of out of people from fear during dark ages, and this led and influenced translators to use english words such as "hell" and "eternal" for greek words that does NOT mean hell or endless.

God is a loving merciful God, and not a tormenting, revengeful and sadistic God as many people will claim that will burn forever the lost where they will be screaming out in TERROR and PAIN forever without being able to ever put a stop to their pain!

What's the purpose of God's punishment as taught in Bible? Punishment is for CORRECTION and REDIRECTION of behavior, to align with God's law and repent! Yet with a eternal hellfire, there is no objective in it, there is no end to the punishment and no opportunity to change and repent, hence, NO objective to the punishment, besides pure evil REVENGE!

And if the wages of sin was eternal hellfire and agony, that would mean that Jesus, our total substitute, who had to bear the FULL penalty of our sins, would have to burn forever in agony in eternal hellfire.

That's why I reject eternal hellfire doctrine because it's NOT taught in original manuscripts and it has no reason or objective to it besides horrific and sadistic revenge, which God would never do, but something that Satan would!

Eternal sleep[death] is the wages for those who reject Jesus - John 3:36, Rom 6:23, Psa 37:20,104:35. They will burn, and burn up and be no more in a lake of fire which will eventually burn out - Oba 1:16.

It's a shame everyone doesn't accept the Biblical truth about the dead being DEAD and asleep in death knowing not anything! Can you imagine all the trickery and deceptions done by Spiritualists, mediums, witches, futurists etc would be exposed!

Jesus talked about Gehenna and Gehenna was a literal rubbish dump, but English translators used the English word HELL for this, but in the Greek there is no such word as hell.

When Jesus used the term "Gehenna", his hearers clearly understood it to be a rubbish dump, situated south/west of Jerusalem where refuse and the bodies of criminals were burnt. But English translators made it into HELL an English word that never exists in the original Greek.

Since rubbish and dead criminals and bodies were continuously added, the fires were perpetually flamed and kept alight. However, individual bodies did not burn endlessly, they became ashes! Eternal hellfire is ONLY taught in English translations, it is not taught in the original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts.

Not once did Jesus say a place will burn the lost forever! Certain people only get this understanding from the English Bible. Nowhere in the Hebrew or Greek manuscripts does it talk about an eternal hellfire!

Is there anyone here that believes in eternal hellfire, however, is humble to really learn truth that it doesn't exist? Then please visit my webpage which exposes Satan's lie:

http://www.biblejesu...l-hellfire.html

God bless.