The Last Days Great Abandoning of Faith are here Today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then he told you the right thing. Whats worse, a mortal death, or the death of your very soul? That's what happens to those who take it, and to those who worship the image of the beast.
That is basically what we were told.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is basically what we were told.

Good, he isn't telling you anything that isn't clearly stated in scripture. At least we have one pastor who sticks to sound doctrine and not fables. For those who believe in "once saved always saved", this clearly does not apply to certain end times events. Taking the mark and worshiping his image is described as no less an affront to God than blaspheming the holy spirit itself. So if these people believe they are saved no matter what, then test God on it if you live to see that day and see what happens to you.

(2 Timothy 4:2-5) "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. {3} For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; {4} And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. {5} But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry."

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good, he isn't telling you anything that isn't clearly stated in scripture. At least we have one pastor who sticks to sound doctrine and not fables. For those who believe in "once saved always saved", this clearly does not apply to certain end times events. Taking the mark and worshiping his image is described as no less an affront to God than blaspheming the holy spirit itself. So if these people believe they are saved no matter what, then test God on it if you live to see that day.
Thanks....Can you help me understand where the person who wrote to you, can come up with the opposite scenario? Are there confusing writings about that too ?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks....Can you help me understand where the person who wrote to you, can come up with the opposite scenario? Are there confusing writings about that too ?

There is no confusion about what happens. The only confusion is coming from their little noggins. Scripture is quite clear on this. Go to one of those Bible websites, go to Revelation and type in the word mark. It only speaks of one thing that happens, and its nothing good.

(Revelation 14:9-11) "And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If ANY man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, {10} The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: {11} And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."

(Revelation 16:1-2) "And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. {2} And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image."

(Revelation 19:20) "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

(Revelation 20:4) "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had NOT worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Dcopymope Wow that last verse, that really sounds a lot like those 'chips' they want to put in under peoples skin in their hands or faces.....Scary stuff when you really think about it, because how can we stop it, well we can't......How we are all going to survive ( unless we know how to let God provide ) once no one will be able to buy, sell or trade without that mark....already here in OZ it has it's sinister beginnings.
Thank you for taking the time :)

Reactions: Dcopymope

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Dcopymope Wow that last verse, that really sounds a lot like those 'chips' they want to put in under peoples skin in their hands or faces.....Scary stuff when you really think about it, because how can we stop it, well we can't......How we are all going to survive ( unless we know how to let God provide ) once no one will be able to buy, sell or trade without that mark....already here in OZ it has it's sinister beginnings.
Thank you for taking the time :)

Yep, this is going to be a time when we are really going to have rely on God to provide for us. Our faith will have to be iron clad, this is not a joke. The verse proves that the mark is a literal object placed inside of you. Its not some allegory for pledging allegiance to the beast like some believe. The world already pledged allegiance to the beast long before the mark came into the picture. This mark is something else entirely, and whatever it does to you will land in you in no other place but the lake of fire. The implantable chips seen today is a precursor to it, but I don't think this will play out like many believe it will.

I separate the mark from the economic coercion as you describe it. I think a major change to our entire economic system is coming within the next few years. Paper money will no longer be the medium of exchange, the system will be entirely cashless. This will most likely be in place before the mark becomes mandatory. With a cashless grid, it makes it tons easier to force mass amounts of people to do anything. If they aren't on record as having the mark, then they will no longer have access to their bank account to buy or sell anything. But I think a lot of people will in fact want to take the mark, by reason of their fervent worship of the beast. Once enough people have it, it becomes mandatory, eventually on the pain of death. This is why it first says he 'causes' the world to take it, not force them.

(Revelation 13:16-17) "And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: {17} And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

We don't need to worry too much about how we can identity the real mark, because John leaves us with a clue.

(Revelation 13:18) "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

That man he is referring to may possibly be the man that was created on the sixth day in the creation account. If this is true, then John is telling us that we will know the mark when we see it because it will be sold to the public as the beginning of a new human species, a new creation in the image of the beast.

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Dcopymope That is a great post...thanks for that.....Yeah personally I have no idea how I will fare, I'd like to think I would be fine, but until the 'beast' is licking at our feet, it's difficult to say what we actually will do.
Makes a lot of sense that the chips will only be the beginning, as I also see it as a precursor to gain control over just about everything in peoples lives and then.....Look out people ! I also feel a lot of Christians are going to be so very confused and fearful because I doubt there are many 'leaders' who can actually show people the Way, so they may run to and fro trying to find someone to help them...The wise and foolish virgins perhaps ?

Reactions: Dcopymope and Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Dcopymope That is a great post...thanks for that.....Yeah personally I have no idea how I will fare, I'd like to think I would be fine, but until the 'beast' is licking at our feet, it's difficult to say what we actually will do.
Makes a lot of sense that the chips will only be the beginning, as I also see it as a precursor to gain control over just about everything in peoples lives and then.....Look out people ! I also feel a lot of Christians are going to be so very confused and fearful because I doubt there are many 'leaders' who can actually show people the Way, so they may run to and fro trying to find someone to help them...The wise and foolish virgins perhaps ?

A lot of Christians are confused now, so you can imagine how lost they'll be when the crap really hits the fan. The cashless society grid is creeping its way into the system slowly by the boiling frog method. Most people don't use cash now, they mostly use debit cards, credit cards, even cell phones. The world has already been well prepared for this transition, willing to sacrifice their security and privacy for convenience. If I was a tyrant, I would be salivating at the prospect of a totally cashless economy.

How to build a cashless society? Give people no other choice:

Denmark heads for cashless society:

Reactions: Truth

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Dcopymope ...Too sad, even the country of my birth....Ouchhh ! Yeah mankind have always been happy to take the convenient way instead of the right way lol...

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Dcopymope ...Too sad, even the country of my birth....Ouchhh ! Yeah mankind have always been happy to take the convenient way instead of the right way lol...

Yep, there is a web comic describing the differences between Orwell and Huxley. According to Orwell, what we hate will destroy us, but according to Huxley, its what we love that will destroy us, and people sure as hell love convenience, which is understandable.

Reactions: Truth and pia

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe many pre-tribbers will end up being recipients of The Mark of the Beast.

Just my opinion...

I Agree! the thing is that there are many,many people that claim to be believers, but Church is a more a social attendance than a true belief, so when things get rough they will not truly trust in the Savior, they will turn to the Governing policies. Just my opinion! One other thing wouldn't taking the Mark cost you your Salvation?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Agree! the thing is that there are many,many people that claim to be believers, but Church is a more a social attendance than a true belief, so when things get rough they will not truly trust in the Savior, they will turn to the Governing policies. Just my opinion! One other thing wouldn't taking the Mark cost you your Salvation?

I believe the pre-tribbers will still be waiting for their rapture when the Beast makes his entrance into this world. His lying signs and wonders will cause them to believe they are witnessing the return of Christ. It is my belief that this is when the Marking takes place. I believe the Mark is a spiritual mark and I also believe God is One who does the marking, not the beast. In Thessalonians it states that God will cause these people to believe the lie. That's what I believe the mark is. A spiritual belief that they are seeing God instead of the Beast. But that's just my opinion. And yes, anyone who receives the Mark is condemned to a fiery eternity.

I also agree with your description of the church.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the pre-tribbers will still be waiting for their rapture when the Beast makes his entrance into this world. His lying signs and wonders will cause them to believe they are witnessing the return of Christ. It is my belief that this is when the Marking takes place. I believe the Mark is a spiritual mark and I also believe God is One who does the marking, not the beast. In Thessalonians it states that God will cause these people to believe the lie. That's what I believe the mark is. A spiritual belief that they are seeing God instead of the Beast. But that's just my opinion. And yes, anyone who receives the Mark is condemned to a fiery eternity.

I also agree with your description of the church.

Yes, 2nd Thessalonians is a great reference, I have relied on that many times to make a point. IMO this may already be taking place, where people are believing a Lie, and god is allowing a delusion, which will become stronger as time progresses.

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, 2nd Thessalonians is a great reference, I have relied on that many times to make a point. IMO this may already be taking place, where people are believing a Lie, and god is allowing a delusion, which will become stronger as time progresses.

I believe that too. In the 1st chapter of Romans, Paul speaks of God doing just that.

Romans 1
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Many believe Paul is referencing nonbelievers, but if you pay close attention to what he's saying, you'll see they are believers.