• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to put words in your mouth but the 1 John verses makes me believe you think they are not believers and are lost.

1 John 2
[6] He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Does circumcision process by throwing every new born spiritual men into trial by fire (put into devil temptation) was a legalist act in church ?
There's a fine line between truth and evil, in NT of revelation, every believer must buy a new cloth of purification of the flames (Revelation 3:15-18), but in OC whosoever put their sons or daughters to pass thru the fire will profane the name of the Lord (Leviticus 18:21; Deuteronomy 18:9-12).
The purification into the flame cost us to not produce mindful fart (slipped tongue) inside our mind (James 3:1-12), every words said inside our mind will be counted as sins but all those words were coming from outside pressure into our heart & mind. This process was treat us as an idols, where idols will not make a sound in unfair judgement or in any torture. This culture of circumcision was like the culture of Greek's gods which always put every believers to God as gladiator to race into olympic games of throne with the cost of gambler of their own life. Does circumcision was used inside the church to create idolatry ?
No wonder, in OC many false prophets that claimed and race for recognition as a messenger of God and we can see how Abraham's offsprings were fight each other for it, that's why there were many religion and many gods in each Israelites tribes (Moab, Zohar, Benjamin, etc).

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sign of the Legalist, is that they worry about "keeping the law" as if this is what they are supposed to do, that pleases God.......they believe.
Its not.

Walking in the commandments of the Lord is not legalism. You are in great error and false doctrine if you believe so.

Romans 6
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Reactions: Livingstone

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2
[6] He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
How was Peter walking below ?

Galatians 2:11-16

When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, “You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15 We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles 16 know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in[d] Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How was Peter walking below ?

You're using Peter's fault to justify sin while dismissing God's word against sin. Your motive is clear.

Jesus' said.

Matthew 18
And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're using Peter's fault to justify sin while dismissing God's word against sin. Your motive is clear.

Jesus' said.

Matthew 18
And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.
No I'm dealing with Scripture which you keep avoiding.

Can you stick to Peter and his sin ?

Why are you unwilling to deal with it ?

BTW- you are making the OP's point by your reaction and inability to deal with scripture and point the finger at others.

I have said nothing about you personally, about sin in your life etc........

We are discussing the bible not each other.

That is what apologetics are about defending the faith and giving others a well reasoned response for that faith.

Enough of your ad hominem attacks and making things personal. When a person resorts to such attacks its proof positive they have a weak argument and cannot defend their position.

hope this helps !!!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I'm dealing with Scripture which you keep avoiding.

Can you stick to Peter and his sin ?

Why are you unwilling to deal with it ?

BTW- you are making the OP's point by your reaction and inability to deal with scripture and point the finger at others.

I have said nothing about you personally, about sin in your life etc........

We are discussing the bible not each other.

That is what apologetics are about defending the faith and giving others a well reasoned response for that faith.

Enough of your ad hominem attacks and making things personal. When a person resorts to such attacks its proof positive they have a weak argument and cannot defend their position.

hope this helps !!!

I will not deal with Peter's fault as you desire, but stick to working out my own Salvation. Jesus is my Shepherd, not Peter, thought I honor Peter as being ordained by Jesus to feed His lambs and because he is a brother in the faith of Jesus Christ.

John 21
[13] Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.
[14] This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.
[15] So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
[16] He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
[17] He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will not deal with Peter's fault as you desire, but stick to working out my own Salvation. Jesus is my Shepherd, not Peter, thought I honor Peter as being ordained by Jesus to feed His lambs and because he is a brother in the faith of Jesus Christ.

John 21
[13] Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.
[14] This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.
[15] So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
[16] He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
[17] He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
The reason for refusing is that it stands in opposition to what you believe and do not have a biblical answer for it 777. that is the bottom line here.

And yes Peter fell into the habitual sin, the continuing in sin of hypocrisy.

I'm sure Peter was thankful for the forgiveness of sins found in Christ.

hope this helps !!!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason for refusing is that it stands in opposition to what you believe and do not have a biblical answer for it 777. that is the bottom line here.

And yes Peter fell into the habitual sin, the continuing in sin of hypocrisy.

I'm sure Peter was thankful for the forgiveness of sins found in Christ.

hope this helps !!!

Peter was not in habitual sin; that's a false accusation and we ALL know who falsely accuses the brethren. Meanwhile, continue to focus on Peter's fault to comfort yourself that committing sin will lead to eternal life.

Reactions: Livingstone

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was not in habitual sin; that's a false accusation and we ALL know who falsely accuses the brethren. Meanwhile, continue to focus on Peter's fault to comfort yourself that committing sin will lead to eternal life.
Its not me you oppose its Paul rebuking Peter for his sinful life. Its scripture you are rejecting, not me.

so living in sin is not habitual ?

practicing hypocrisy and causing a brother(barnabas) to stumble and forcing gentiles to live like Jews under the law is not intentional and willful sin ?

do you always make up your own definitions like that ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Galatians 2, Peter "was to be blamed' over the fact that he did not support the gospel to the Gentiles in his behaviour.

However, it should be clear that he was being obedient to the principles found in Romans 14:1 - 15:1 and 1 Corinthians 8 in that he was being sensitive to the consciences of the Jewish people who had arrived on the scene.

Therefore Peter did not sin; rather he was being obedient.

The only problem with his behaviour was that in doing what he did, he was teaching Gentiles to behave as Jews.

That could not be helped. It seems to me that Peter was caught between a rock and a hard place.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is a willful sin that is the point.
Not usually willful. No one wants to be considered a hypocrite and no one wants to be a hypocrite.

I would say therefore that if anyone is a hypocrite, it is unintentional on their part.