• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not usually willful. No one wants to be considered a hypocrite and no one wants to be a hypocrite.

I would say therefore that if anyone is a hypocrite, it is unintentional on their part.
so the preacher who condemns those who commit fornication and cheats on his wife is being a hypocrite. The preacher who condemns liars while cheating on his taxes is being a hypocrite. The preacher who condemns the eating of pork and shellfish while eating them in his home is a hypocrite. Its willful and intentional sin. The preacher who condemns drinking yet drinks privately is a hypocrite. Its saying one thing and doing the opposite of what you say you believe.

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so the preacher who condemns those who commit fornication and cheats on his wife is being a hypocrite. The preacher who condemns liars while cheating on his taxes is being a hypocrite. The preacher who condemns the eating of pork and shellfish while eating them in his home is a hypocrite. Its willful and intentional sin. The preacher who condemns drinking yet drinks privately is a hypocrite. Its saying one thing and doing the opposite of what you say you believe.

hope this helps !!!
Such a person very likely has conviction that the things he is preaching against are wrong; but is personally weak in his own life and therefore does not live up to the standard that he has set forth for other people.

As concerning shellfish, I personally believe that if I am going to be great in the kingdom, I need to do and teach these least of the commandments (Matthew 5:17-20). There is also 1 Timothy 4:1-6 that offsets this so that I sometimes don't know what to believe and practice. I consider that it is needful that I obey the food laws when I am in the presence of those whose conscience dictates that food laws are to be heeded. If I therefore disobey those laws when I am in the privacy of my home, am I therefore a hypocrite? It seems to me that if that is the case, we are taught hypocrisy by the holy scriptures; for they tell us that we are blessed if we don't condemn ourselves in the thing that we allow; and that yet we are to be sensitive to the Hebrew conscience when in the presence of those who have such a conscience.

Last edited: