• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is who Jesus is in heaven. So when you meet Him, what do you think he will say to those who deny him on earth?

We dont deny him. he is the Messiah, our king. We listen to him-John 4:22-24--Her he is in heaven-Rev 3:12--best to believe him over errors.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On this note, consider also being IN his name, the name of Jesus that is, without knowing His Name:

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Col 3:17

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

Being "in the name" is much more than simply saying "in the name of Jesus" when we are praying. People say that there is power in the name and there is, but the key is to be "IN" the name. At a neighborhood bar room people may regularly say the word, "Jesus" with their mouths but never are "IN" the name.

When a person is "in the name" completely isn't it that he has the mind of Christ? Do all of us have the mind of Christ all of the time? If we did, we certainly wouldn't sin at all, would we?

I believe that a person can be in the name without saying the name or even without knowing the name in his carnal mind. A number of people in the OT [at least, in a measure], I believe were in the name of the Messiah, the Christ, before any prophet knew what that name [Jesus] was in order to be able to speak it with his mouth.

Wasn't Elijah in the name when he was confronting the 400 prophets of Baal?

Wasn't David 'a man after God's own heart' and the 'apple of God's eye', also in the name or in His name, when God was inspiring him to write many of the psalms attributed to him in the Bible?

Neither Elijah nor David knew that the name of the savior was to be "Jesus" or "Yeshua" or any other spoken name, which man has applied to the Savior in the flesh, unless it was Immanuel.

Yet, were not both of them, and others, in the name or in His name long before the time of John the Baptist?

The following verse gives us more about this, does it not?

"For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

"Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another)" Rom 2:14-15

Were those not also in some measure "in the name" when they did the right things without having heard the spoken word, "Jesus"?

Paul also says something here on this subject:

"For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you." Acts 17:23

Isn't it also possible that among those Athenians, one or more who knew of that altar to the unknown God were also in His name before Paul talked to them that day?

If they were in the name, didn't they get there without having any written Bible?

Hmmm? Food for thought and study and prayer, no...?

I am unaware of any of God's people prior to the new covenant, coming in the name of the Messiah Amad, Jesus received that name when born as a human, and became the Messiah at his baptism. He became our intercessor with the acceptance of the new covenant. I may be wrong on this, but he lived under law, as well as his apostles, until the new covenant was put into force.

It is very true that God's people knew that a promised Messiah would come who would be King, but I am quite ignorant of anyone coming in his name prior to his arrival on earth, do you have scriptural evidence sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H113
אָדֹן אָדוֹן
'âdôn 'âdôn
aw-done', aw-done'
From an unused root (meaning to rule); sovereign, that is, controller (human or divine): - lord, master, owner.
Total KJV occurrences: 335 (Strongs)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before we look at two passages which, in my opinion, do indeed use “Adoni” in reference to God, we must understand that Christ is Jehovah of the Old Testament (please see the paper on this web-site Jesus Christ Is Both Jehovah And The Manifestation Of Jehovah) and at times He appeared to man in His bodily form. Jesus Christ was in bodily form in the Old Testament and took on human form when He was born of Mary at the beginning of the New Testament. How do we know that?

We read of Jehovah/Christ in Genesis 1:26, “And God said, ‘Let us make man in Our image, after Our likeness….”. To correctly understand what is meant by the phrase “in Our image, after Our likeness” let us turn to Gen. 5:3 where we read the same phrase, “And Adam lived a hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness after his image….”. When we read of Adam’s son being born in “his own likeness after his image” we understand that Adam’s son looked like Adam. So also, when God created man in His likeness after His image, we must understand that God created Man to look like Himself. Any other interpretation is without a Scriptural basis.

But God is spirit. And since man was created to look like God, God obviously must have taken on a bodily form, otherwise, He could not have created man to look like Himself. Therefore, I am suggesting that Jesus Christ is Jehovah in bodily form.

A STUDY OF THE HEBREW WORD “ADONI” – Right Word Truth

Adonai is the plural of Adon, meaning "Lord, Lord, LORD, master, or owner" (the word Adon derives from a Ugaritic word meaning "lord" or "father"). In the Tanakh, the word Adon can refer to men and angels as well as to the LORD God of Israel (e.g., Exodus 34:23). God is called the "Lord of lords"(Deuteronomy 10:17) and Psalm 8:1 mentions God as "YHVH our Lord."

The plural form Adonai, like the plural form Elohim, is regularly used with singular verbs and modifiers, so it is best to construe the Name as an "emphatic plural" or "plural of majesty." When the plural is formed using a singular possessive ending ("my Lords"), it always refers to God, and occurs over 300 times in the Tanakh in this form.

The Masoretes ensured that the sacred Name of the LORD YHVH would not be taken in vain by putting the vowel marks for Adonai under the letters in the running text (ketiv). They did this to remind the reader to pronounce Adonai regardless of the consonants in the text (qere). However, Adon and Adonai also appear as Names of God in the Hebrew Masoretic text, and some of these will be listed here.

The LORD
Adonai.
Lord; God; name used as a substitute for the sacred Tetragrammaton; emphatic form of 'Adon (Isa. 6:1). Occurs 300 times in the Tanakh. The first use appears in Gen. 15:2 where Abram addresses God as "Adonai YHVH."

The LORD of lords
Adonei ha'adonim.
Lord of lords (Deut. 10:17; Psalm 136:3).

The LORD YHVH
Adonai Adonai.
Lord YHVH. Lord GOD.
References: Gen. 15:2, 8; Deut. 3:24; 9:26; Jos. 7:7; Jdg. 6:22; 16:28; 2 Sam. 7:18ff, 22, 28f; 1 Ki. 2:26; 8:53; Ps. 69:7; 71:5, 16; Isa. 3:15; 7:7; etc.; Amos 1:8; 3:7f, 11, 13; 4:2, 5; 5:3; 6:8; 7:1f, 4ff; 8:1, 3, 9, 11; 9:8; Obad. 1:1; Mic. 1:2; Zeph. 1:7.

Hebrew Name for God - Adonai

I prefer Jesus

The title Lord is applied to many sir, including both Jesus and Jehovah. Jehovah was talking to Jesus at Gen 1:26, rightly so, as everything other than himself came into existence through him sir. You openly stated Adonai was substituted for the Divine name, and of course it is not proper. If God's name is there, one would never alter it. No doubt your believing Jesus is Jehovah was greatly influenced by that alteration, correct?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The title Lord is applied to many sir, including both Jesus and Jehovah. Jehovah was talking to Jesus at Gen 1:26, rightly so, as everything other than himself came into existence through him sir. You openly stated Adonai was substituted for the Divine name, and of course it is not proper. If God's name is there, one would never alter it. No doubt your believing Jesus is Jehovah was greatly influenced by that alteration, correct?
Say that to the writer of the article, who gave a very full explanation, debating it from all angles and as you say, Jesus was there in Gen 1:26, pre existing his time on earth. There is only one God, and Christ's appearance on earth makes it look like two, but if you say that, then you destroy the Jewish Bible that tells us God is One. So, stay with the truth, which is that Jesus was God on earth, in the image of man, as is clearly stated.

P.S. AS I have never seen the article before, I cannot have been influenced by it. My source is the Bible that clearly tells us Jesus Immanuel is "God with us." I cannot understand why anyone would want to deviate from Holy Writ and admit to it in public.

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not believe Jesus is the creator, i.e. the Word of John 1.

God created all other things through him, but created him direct-first and last-Coll 1:15-The firstborn of all creation. He tells you he was created at Prov 8-He is Gods master worker.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God created all other things through him, but created him direct-first and last-Coll 1:15-The firstborn of all creation. He tells you he was created at Prov 8-He is Gods master worker.
Jesus is the First and the last, the Alpha and Omega who created all things. The Father is Spirit, while the physical earth and all in it is Christ's domain to which He will return.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am unaware of any of God's people prior to the new covenant, coming in the name of the Messiah Amad, Jesus received that name when born as a human, and became the Messiah at his baptism. He became our intercessor with the acceptance of the new covenant. I may be wrong on this, but he lived under law, as well as his apostles, until the new covenant was put into force.

It is very true that God's people knew that a promised Messiah would come who would be King, but I am quite ignorant of anyone coming in his name prior to his arrival on earth, do you have scriptural evidence sir?
Now He comes to whosoever will and each one may be walking in His name as he yields to and is led by the Holy Spirit.

In the OT, God worked mostly through designated, anointed kings, priests and prophets... but were they not coming in His Name or working or blessing in His name by His Spirit?

"The sons of Amram; Aaron and Moses: and Aaron was separated, that he should sanctify the most holy things, he and his sons for ever, to burn incense before the LORD, to minister unto him, and to bless in his name for ever." I Chron 23:13

"But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die." Deut 18:20

"Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay." Jerem 20:9

"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." Zech 4:6

Reactions: Cassandra

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the First and the last, the Alpha and Omega who created all things. The Father is Spirit, while the physical earth and all in it is Christ's domain to which He will return.

God did it all through Jesus-Acts 2:22-- Jesus was clear--the kingdom, power and glory all belong to the Father.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God did it all through Jesus-Acts 2:22-- Jesus was clear--the kingdom, power and glory all belong to the Father.
"I and the Father are One" When you say the Father did it in and through the Lord Jesus, you are including three persons, i.e., the Trinity.
(Not that I am complaining.)

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke11:2-4

[9]This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father who are in heaven, hallowed be your name, [10]your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. [11]Give us this day our daily bread [12]and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who trespass against us. [13]Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’

The “daily bread” is not our earthly necessities. The “Daily Bread” is the Body of Jesus.

This part of the prayer is one sentence:
“Give us this day our daily Bread and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who trespass against us.”

The forgiveness of sins is the result of receiving the daily Bread, which is the Bread of life that God gives (John 6:32-33).

Jesus would never instruct us to pray for earthy necessities, as clear from His teachings throughout the bible. Example, sermon on the mount: “don’t worry about earthly needs, but seek God first…” (Matthew 6:31-33)

It is obviously implied to say the Lord’s Prayer “daily”. It would be disrespectful of us not to say it daily. Do you truly believe in Him when you’re not saying this prayer daily as He instructed?

You don’t have to chew on actual bread like some churches advise. You can receive God’s bread of life spiritually, by genuinely saying the Lord’s Prayer acknowledging the meaning of every word in it.

You might say, "what's the difference? as long as we pray the prayer." Oh there is a huge difference. Our spiritual communication with God is about what we mean. The words are meaningless unless we mean what they are in our hearts.

If you examine the original Aramaic version of this prayer, you’ll find two important facts:
1. No punctuation. Punctuation was added later in the translation. And in the case of this prayer, the translators made an error by adding a period between “…daily Bread” and “and forgive us…” There should be no punctuation there. Not because I said so, but because of all the Bible references (provided here below) that are consistent with that.

2. There were two words: “sins” and “trespasses”. “Sins” was used in reference to God. We trespass against humans, but we “sin” against God! Trespass is a soft word that lessens the significance of the offense, but when it comes to God, it is a deadly offense; proper word for it is “sins”. Jesus used the word “sins” throughout the scripture, not “trespasses”(example in John 9:41). So it’s not “… forgive us our trespasses…” It is “… forgive us our sins…”

Bible references supporting this:
“daily Bread” = Body of Jesus, not earthly necessities

1 Corinthians‬ ‭10:16-17
Paul said: …there is one loaf… we all share the one loaf.

2 Corinthians 4:16:
Paul said: …Even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day.

John 6:32-33 and 6:51
Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you Moses didn’t give you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven.” “For the bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
“I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread he will live forever. The bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

John 6:57
…the one who “feeds” on me… Using the term “feeds” implying continual. [… give us this day our daily Bread…]

John 6:58
Contains a very clear explanation showing a parallel between the Bread (His body) and the manna in the desert, which couldn’t be hoarded more than one day (Exodus 16:4). Thus, God’s desire for our daily dependence on Him.

John 15:5
The branch is continually nourished by the Vine. Jesus is the vine, and we are the branches. Without the Lord’s Prayer daily, a branch will wither and die.

Luke 11:13
Jesus said this right after he taught them His prayer. God is giving the Holy Spirit, “to those who ask Him”. It doesn’t get much clearer than this. Obviously, God will not give you the Holy Spirit unless you ask. But Jesus is clarifying here that by renewing yourself (daily through His prayer), you’ll cleansed and make-way to receive the Holy Spirit.

John 6:26-27
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”

Jesus said this after they had been looking for Him all day, then found Him. Another big evidence that the "earthly bread", is not it in the Lord's prayer.

John 6
The entire Chapter 6 from John is all about this. The Pharisees did not get it then; Jesus knowing they did not get it, kept drilling it in with more of actual eating of His flesh and drinking of His blood throughout the chapter. And today you'd think we got it! But most churches and people still don't understand it. At best churches just call it: "basically He died for our sins..." or some other blanket statement like that. But no one knew to link it to the "daily Bread" in the Lord's prayer! Which provides our continuous feeding on Him. And keeping Him in us, and us in Him (John 15:4). This is so big, not to be taken lightly.

Wording crafted by God Himself

Many Christians think, “surely Jesus gave us this prayer as an example. That He didn’t mean for us to repeat it daily!”

He did!!; He [God] Personally word-smithed the words perfectly. Exactly as He did throughout history. After the fall He taught Adam and Eve how to present a sacrifice fitting to Him, He crafted the Leviticus law to Moses that had to be followed precisely, and finally the Lord’s Prayer, which is the optimum method compared to previous covenants. It's a prayer that we say in our hearts once a day. It keeps us close to God, and fulfills John 5:24: "Truly I tell you, anyone who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not come under judgment but has passed from death to life."

After saying the Lord’s Prayer, the communication channels with God become wide open (through the Holy Spirit within us of course). Afterwards we can say our own prayers using our words, making our request known to God… And He will answer.

I can guess why this prayer is no longer recited daily (except occasionally at some sports games, as a tradition). It is because people are well provided for these days. And therefore, feel they don’t need to bother God by asking for the daily bread anymore (implying earthly necessities), as they have plenty of them now. And that is a sad fact of today’s people.

The other sad fact is, many people today equate earthly blessings to spiritual blessings - they drive up in their latest model SUVs to the biggest church in town… When it is the exact opposite. Having a lot of earthly riches actually equates to going to hell later (Matthew 19:24 "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”"), unless God is truly in the center of our lives.

Accepting this Biblical-fact: that a true believer must pray the Lord’s Prayer daily may seem difficult at first. This is because most churches have brainwashed people for years into thinking “do nothing, nothing at all, just mark the front of your Bible with the date you were saved / born-again / etc.”. This daily prayer to God is not “works”. It is obedience of a true believer. No wonder there is no peace on earth yet (Luke 2:14). No one has been praying it properly.

Miracles happen when we pray the Lord’s Prayer

The moment we say this prayer we become "Righteous" in the eyes of God, and therefore become standing in the presence of God (through the Holy Spirit within us) (Luke 1:19, 1Kings 18:15).

A true believer can perform miracles at this moment.

This is how Jesus performed miracles:
Step 1: Forgive sins
Step 2: Miracle
Mark gave us a glimpse of this in Mark 2:5, 11, & 12. Without Step1, can’t do Step2.

So, for us it is:
Step 1: The Lord’s Prayer for the forgiveness of sins
Step 2: In the name of Jesus Christ… miracle

But without the main ingredient, faith, nothing can be done. Even Jesus Himself could not perform miracles where there was no faith among people of that town (Mark 6:5).

He instructed His followers; to perform miracles in His name (John 14:12-14, Mark 16:17-18, Mark 9:39).

Go ahead, start praying this prayer daily. And pray it again in the presence of someone in need of a miracle. And don't freak-out when the miracle happens, it would show lack of faith. Jesus said we can move mountains (Matthew 17:20), and that we will do greater miracles than the ones He did! That's right, that's what Jesus said in John 14:12-14. And also in Acts 2:17 “’In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams."

We are there now; much closer to the "last days" now than they were back when Acts was written. I believe praying the Lord's Prayer properly will usher-in this new generation of people as predicted in John and Acts.

That is absolute... Jewish babel confusion against the simple prayer in Luke 11 which Lord Jesus showed His disciples how to pray when asked Him.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I and the Father are One" When you say the Father did it in and through the Lord Jesus, you are including three persons, i.e., the Trinity.
(Not that I am complaining.)

How come the holy spirit gets 0

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Say that to the writer of the article, who gave a very full explanation, debating it from all angles and as you say, Jesus was there in Gen 1:26, pre existing his time on earth. There is only one God, and Christ's appearance on earth makes it look like two, but if you say that, then you destroy the Jewish Bible that tells us God is One. So, stay with the truth, which is that Jesus was God on earth, in the image of man, as is clearly stated.

P.S. AS I have never seen the article before, I cannot have been influenced by it. My source is the Bible that clearly tells us Jesus Immanuel is "God with us." I cannot understand why anyone would want to deviate from Holy Writ and admit to it in public.
A
I say God is with us in that He sent His son so that we may live. God spoke at Jesus' baptism, from heaven. Since no man has seen God Jn 1:18, then why do you insist Jesus is God? I want to ask you a serious question sir, if Jesus is God he point blank lied at Mk 10:40 and 13:32, plus he deceived the entire world into thinking God was someone else, a spirit being Jn 4:24, and personally agreeing with Peter who stated he believed as I do that Jesus is God's son Mat 16:16,17. What hope do you have if Jesus is a liar and deceiver? Isn't that what the Bible calls satan?

I recommend you follow Jesus' teachings and the way he lived, worship his God, and obey the gospel, as that is a requirement for life sir. Consider that when satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world if he would bow to him in worship, which of course would be no temptation whatsoever if Jesus was God, what Jesus said Cooper: (Matthew 4:10) . . .Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

If Jesus worships Jehovah exclusively, and therefore his followers do the same as well 1 Pet 2:21 then that is what I will do, and recommend that for others as well.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A
I say God is with us in that He sent His son so that we may live. God spoke at Jesus' baptism, from heaven. Since no man has seen God Jn 1:18, then why do you insist Jesus is God? I want to ask you a serious question sir, if Jesus is God he point blank lied at Mk 10:40 and 13:32, plus he deceived the entire world into thinking God was someone else, a spirit being Jn 4:24, and personally agreeing with Peter who stated he believed as I do that Jesus is God's son Mat 16:16,17. What hope do you have if Jesus is a liar and deceiver? Isn't that what the Bible calls satan?

I recommend you follow Jesus' teachings and the way he lived, worship his God, and obey the gospel, as that is a requirement for life sir. Consider that when satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world if he would bow to him in worship, which of course would be no temptation whatsoever if Jesus was God, what Jesus said Cooper: (Matthew 4:10) . . .Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

If Jesus worships Jehovah exclusively, and therefore his followers do the same as well 1 Pet 2:21 then that is what I will do, and recommend that for others as well.
What PEOPLE say is irrelevant, and Jesus is not a liar.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now He comes to whosoever will and each one may be walking in His name as he yields to and is led by the Holy Spirit.

In the OT, God worked mostly through designated, anointed kings, priests and prophets... but were they not coming in His Name or working or blessing in His name by His Spirit?

"The sons of Amram; Aaron and Moses: and Aaron was separated, that he should sanctify the most holy things, he and his sons for ever, to burn incense before the LORD, to minister unto him, and to bless in his name for ever." I Chron 23:13

"But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die." Deut 18:20

"Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay." Jerem 20:9

"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." Zech 4:6

Yes sir, I am failing to get your point, every one of the verses you posted is about Jehovah correct? If that is what you are saying, then I fully agree.

Reactions: amadeus

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is always present. Now respond to my post please.

Father and son both have names as does every living being-Holy spirit-0
Father and son shown sitting on thrones-Holy spirit-0
John 17:3-One must know Father and son to get eternal life, holy spirit-0
Many important teachings in the NT with Father and son, holy spirit-0
The Father teaches the son-holy spirit-0
The Father shares things with the son, holy spirit-0

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To Christian Believer,

That was a very wonderful insight you shared with us. Yes, we read and study God's Word and don't always receive the rich depth of meaning until many years later. We are all in various levels and God grows us individually at different paces.
I was wondering if you minded if I added to your teaching as a springboard. Prayer is essential. We should open the disscussion up futher.

As we regularly recite the Lord's Prayer, that covers us. Sometimes we don't know what to pray for and that is our essential and fundamental prayer. That of course is not our only prayer. We also use it as a template for all other prayers. It is a template, a model for all other prayers.

ACTS is an acronym that gives a basic model on how to pray: with Adoration,
Confession,
Thanksgiving and
Supplication.

Adoration means worship—glorying and exalting God and is our focus, the loyalty and admiration of our Father.
This could be a song of praise to Him, praying a psalm of worship or declaring His attributes.

Confession means to agree with, admit, surrender our ways with transparency. When we confess our sins,we agree with God that we are wrong. God forgives us and restores our fellowship with Him (1 John 1:9).

Thanksgiving – Phil. 4:6 says, “With thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God” Thanksgiving focuses on what God has done, thanking Him for all good things. We can thank God for many things: His love, salvation, protection, and provisions.

Supplication refers to prayer for our needs and others’ needs, a request or petition.
Pray for mercy (Psalm 4:1), Guidance (Psalm 5:8),
Wisdom (James 1:5)
Paul encouraged us to make “supplication for all the saints” (Ephesians 6:18)

"Pray without ceasing"! How do you do that?
Well, it is not a non-stop verbal prayer. It means to put God first, in every decision and every part of your life by continuously seeking His guidance, consulting Him and He will counsel you. Don't leave Him out of any part of your life.
Simply put, prayer is talking to God, but not neccesarily having to verbalize your thoughts. Silently conferring with Him. He is dwelling in your Temple. It is not like you can hide your thoughts or actions from Him anyway. He is always listening. Acknowledge Him in all your ways. Our faith grows as we draw close to Him.
He answers our prayers and sometimes the answer is no. He knows what is good for us - we don't!
Also, though Jesus is the Bread of Life and we need Him daily, like the manna that came down, I am not sure the "our daily bread" means "our daily Jesus". Bread was a staple back then. It didn't mean bread itself, but in general our needs, our sustanance. Think about it, if we are praying to our Father, we already have Jesus. We have been adopted as sons. We are then not praying for salvation everyday - we have it.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes sir, I am failing to get your point, every one of the verses you posted is about Jehovah correct? If that is what you are saying, then I fully agree.
I feel as though you are using me to get your personal views across. It is far easier to destroy than it is to build so with that in mind I feel compelled to put you on ignore. The same for Keiw.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, under the Old Covenant God was also supposed to lead His people, but He worked through the kings, priests and prophets. With those anointed persons, He worked directly even as He does with individuals today.

The common people in the OT were required to work through those anointed persons. There may have been exceptions like the parents of Samson, but with them their interchange with the angel was due to their unborn son, who was to be in another class of anointed person, a judge.

Today we do have anointed helpers as per... "he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" Eph 4:11-12

We have those helpers, but their functions are not precisely the same as the anointed ones in the OT although they certainly may overlap in places.