The Lord has delivered me all these years...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fell off a cliff when I was a youth, and landed in sticker bushes growing out of the side of the cliff. We were sledding in the snow and I couldn't stop. My friends pulled me up to safety. It was a 100 foot cliff. The Lord delivered me that day.

We were cliff climbing and couldn't get down so we had to climb the rest of the way to the top and walk that way back home. It was an ivy covered overhang and as my feet dangled and I pulled my self up one hand at a time, the ivy ripped off and I hung by one hand again 100 feet up. I looked down in fear. It was the same cliff I had been sledding near but I but down the line. I made it over the top just barely and felt so alive having been saved again by the Lord.

We were swimming and went to the tide flats out in the bay. We then walked a great distance out on the tide flats while it was low tide. We forgot about the time and the tide started coming back in. We scurried back to shore and along the way I got too tired to keep swimming. I called to my friend that was on the high school swim team. He came back and carried me back to shore. I nearly drown. The Lord saved me that day.

I was driving my car and playing with the radio. I was speeding and doing nearly 70mph when I car pulled out in front of me. I looked up from the radio and knew I was going to hit him at high speed. I swerved off the road and into the tree line. When the police arrived they said had I swerved a little different I would have hit a tree and been killed. The Lord saved me that day.

I was driving my mom home from town in my fathers truck when I car pulled stopped in front of me. He had no tail lights and I wasn't paying attention. I noticed I was heading towards him at a great velocity difference. It would be a terrible accident so I swerved into the ditch. I hit a cable that was holding up a power line. It cushioned the truck impact and severely damaged the front end. We nearly were killed hitting the power line pole. The Lord saved me that day and my mother.

I was a toddler and later in life found out I have a lung disease known as cystic fibrosis. I had an asthma attack as that toddler and was turning blue. My parents rushed me to the hospital and on the way the Lord opened up my airways and I began to breath again. The Lord saved me that day.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had impacted molars and had them removed. My gums became infected and my face swelled up. I for some reason decided to go to the doctors. The doctor was shocked and said I was lucky to be alive. A day later and I would have died. The Lord saved me that day.

I had a surgery to have children and it got infected. I was ill for several months and needed a second surgery. The pain medication caused my testosterone to become dangerously low and I nearly died from it. The doctor prescribed testosterone injections and I quickly regained my strength and health. Again the Lord saved me.

Thank you God and Jesus the Christ for delivering me all these years. I love you very much!

Your son,

Devin

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I joined the military and I decided to switch to my original military occupation which meant I would be in a different company. They then announced the war and sent my old company oversees to war. The man that took my place ended up working on heavy equipment and injured his head severely and became a vegetable. It would have been me had I not felt the need to switch to my occupation. Sadly the Lord delivered me that time also. Sadly because someone got hurt badly. But I am happy to be alive and will serve the Lord now with the life I have. Praise be to Jesus the Christ, God the Father, the Holy Spirit and all the Hosts of Angels.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I had impacted molars and had them removed. My gums became infected and my face swelled up. I for some reason decided to go to the doctors. The doctor was shocked and said I was lucky to be alive. A day later and I would have died. The Lord saved me that day.

I had a surgery to have children and it got infected. I was ill for several months and needed a second surgery. The pain medication caused my testosterone to become dangerously low and I nearly died from it. The doctor prescribed testosterone injections and I quickly regained my strength and health. Again the Lord saved me.

Thank you God and Jesus the Christ for delivering me all these years. I love you very much!

Your son,

Devin
@devin553344 I hadn't realized that testosterone deficiency could be fatal...

Reactions: dev553344

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s good to remember those moments. I am wondering how many times in life we are protected and don’t even notice …. because events unfold so naturally that we miss it…..

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is well that we should remember those times where God has blessed us in the past, it counters fear for it gives us confidence for the future.
Yes it does. My faith still suffers but it shouldn't.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s good to remember those moments. I am wondering how many times in life we are protected and don’t even notice …. because events unfold so naturally that we miss it…..

I often think the same thing.

Reactions: Rita