The Lord Jesus Christ never drank alcohol - THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL IN ANY FORM IS A SIN!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is another false doctrine created by reviewing a couple scriptures and not examining all the scriptures that pertain to a subject. I reviewed a few of the posts and it's obviously a false doctrine OP.

nowhere does it say context is inspired or can change the meaning of a verse

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.” - Matt. 26:29

There is a clear implication that Christ regularly drunk wine throughout His ministry. What do you think Christ had to drink at all those recorded dinners and gatherings He attended as a guest? Also, if drinking wine was an inherent sin, then why would Christ go on to state in that same passage that He would drink wine with the disciples when they were all reunited with Him in God's Kingdom?
It’s best to refrain from any and all alcohol, whether sinful or not. Every alcoholic began with the first drink. And, drinking alcohol by a believer could give the wrong idea to sinners, not to mention weak brothers / sisters. Why give the enemy anything to use?

1 Thessalonians 5
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Romans 14
21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Total abstinence from alcohol is not an option for someone who wants to obey God, specifically because wine is supposed to be consumed as part of the NT Passover observance. Paul's words in Rom. 14 should not be construed as him saying "Christians are not supposed to be drinking alcohol under any circumstances", considering the fact that the context clearly refers to being considerate of the effect that drinking alcohol could have on other people who are watching.

Reactions: post

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and I thought all scripture was inspired even one word
Even one word is still the word of God
When two scriptures are in conflict with another that is because the person that thinks they conflict don't understand them. Drinking is not a sin that much is clear from scripture. Being a day drinker or drunkard is sin. If you understand that then you understand the scriptures.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and I thought all scripture was inspired even one word
Even one word is still the word of God
Truly, if one understands the purpose for strong drink then they are at peace with drinking it:

Proverbs 31:6

Give strong drink to him who is perishing,
And wine to him whose life is bitter.

Reactions: post

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think when one understands that wine and strong drink are a type of medicine that work better than the narcotics that doctors even now prescribe, then the are not being judgmental of those that drink. Elderly drink more often then others and it's for good reason. I say let them eat drink and be merry in their old age and afflictions. Anyone who says anything else is probably a hypocrite.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.” - Matt. 26:29

There is a clear implication that Christ regularly drunk wine throughout His ministry. What do you think Christ had to drink at all those recorded dinners and gatherings He attended as a guest? Also, if drinking wine was an inherent sin, then why would Christ go on to state in that same passage that He would drink wine with the disciples when they were all reunited with Him in God's Kingdom?
Total abstinence from alcohol is not an option for someone who wants to obey God, specifically because wine is supposed to be consumed as part of the NT Passover observance. Paul's words in Rom. 14 should not be construed as him saying "Christians are not supposed to be drinking alcohol under any circumstances", considering the fact that the context clearly refers to being considerate of the effect that drinking alcohol could have on other people who are watching.

no there is no wine in the NT communion service
The bread and wine are changed into the body and blood of Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When two scriptures are in conflict with another that is because the person that thinks they conflict don't understand them. Drinking is not a sin that much is clear from scripture. Being a day drinker or drunkard is sin. If you understand that then you understand the scriptures.

yep

do do believe the Virgin birth?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yep

do do believe the Virgin birth?
I believe in Mary the virgin that God created Jesus in her womb. That's what I believe regardless of what any church says. I think he was created similar to Adam so that he is the first and the last Adam.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truly, if one understands the purpose for strong drink then they are at peace with drinking it:

Proverbs 31:6

Give strong drink to him who is perishing,
And wine to him whose life is bitter.

lk 3 says JTB was not to have strong drink, do it must be ok for us
Btw I wonder how he kept the Passover cos it included 4 cups of wine

lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. (Cos of Mary) shhhhhh

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lk 3 says JTB was not to have strong drink, do it must be ok for us
Btw I wonder how he kept the Passover cos it included 4 cups of wine

lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. (Cos of Mary) shhhhhh
He never got old and perhaps was not in need of wine or strong drink. But then he was beheaded.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in Mary the virgin that God created Jesus in her womb. That's what I believe regardless of what any church says. I think he was created similar to Adam so that he is the first and the last Adam.

and is Joseph the father of Jesus?

why not what the one true church teaches? Christ and his church are one
The church continues the work of redemption and Christ’s mission and ministry with the same power and authority
The doctrine or teaching of the apostles acts 2:42

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and is Joseph the father of Jesus?

why not what the one true church teaches? Christ and his church are one
The church continues the work of redemption and Christ’s mission and ministry with the same power and authority
The doctrine or teaching of the apostles acts 2:42

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Lk 2:48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

Jn 1:45 45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

so how can it be both the Virgin birth and Joseph is his father?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the church founded by Christ on Peter has authority to teach all nations Matt 28:19

Christ appointed peter as his personal representative or the prime minister under the king see Isa 22:21-22 matt 16:18
We must be taught by Christ thru his apostles in his church he built on Peter matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20
Lk 1:4 acts 2:42
And submit to his ministers

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers!

Protestantism is a sin against the Christian virtue of obedience!
(Spiritual anarchy)

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18
matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Isa 22:21-22
eph 2:20

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by the apostles of Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments.

In Christ Matt 28-18-20 I am with you, Jn 15:5 in His grace and truth by the power of the Holy Spirit! Jn 1:16-17

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 2:48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

Jn 1:45 45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

so how can it be both the Virgin birth and Joseph is his father?
That isn't difficult. Jesus was created solely by the holy spirit. Joseph and Mary were his parents by birth. Which also made him of the strain of David by birth.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church founded by Christ on Peter has authority to teach all nations Matt 28:19

Christ appointed peter as his personal representative or the prime minister under the king see Isa 22:21-22 matt 16:18
We must be taught by Christ thru his apostles in his church he built on Peter matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20
Lk 1:4 acts 2:42
And submit to his ministers

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers!

Protestantism is a sin against the Christian virtue of obedience!
(Spiritual anarchy)

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18
matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Isa 22:21-22
eph 2:20

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by the apostles of Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments.

In Christ Matt 28-18-20 I am with you, Jn 15:5 in His grace and truth by the power of the Holy Spirit! Jn 1:16-17

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!
I don't recognize Catholic Authority. And you're getting off topic.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think when one understands that wine and strong drink are a type of medicine that work better than the narcotics that doctors even now prescribe, then the are not being judgmental of those that drink. Elderly drink more often then others and it's for good reason. I say let them eat drink and be merry in their old age and afflictions. Anyone who says anything else is probably a hypocrite.

Wow that’s the first I’ve ever seen someone call it medicine. I live with terrible chronic pain and alcohol works better than anything I’ve been prescribed but I know that I would drink myself to death if I started drinking to deal with pain. It’s medicine for those who are perishing and a snare to those who aren’t I guess.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That isn't difficult. Jesus was created solely by the holy spirit. Joseph and Mary were his parents by birth. Which also made him of the strain of David by birth.

no only Mary was his biological parent
Joseph was his father but there is more than one kind of father
He was his legal father or foster father

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

now what about the perpetual virginity of Mary?

Status
Not open for further replies.