The Lord's Side (Remaining neutral and non partisan)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we live in a country where abortion is legal we have an obligation to try to change the law. That is not the final solution to the problem. We need to preach the gospel to change hearts but while we are doing this we should also try to save the lives of the unborn.

Romans 13:1 says, "There is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God." We are free to get involved in any institution that God has established.

In the Old Testament God often commanded the Israelites to wage war against their enemies. Since our governments were established by God there can be nothing wrong with a Christian serving his country as a soldier or a law enforcement officer.

Turn to Christ and join us in the New Covenant. :)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Episkopos said:

Politics is not of God...but of this world subject to the devil. Are you a cultural Christian? A sunday believer? Are you more worldly than spiritual? Do you even understand what I'm talking about?

The more I think about it . . . the more I realize this passage is telling us that government is from God, and "politics" just describes some of this motion of governance, so the above assertion that politics is not of God is false.

So it sounds to me this is yet another thread to take obedient and faithful Christians and make them look bad if they are politically involved in any way.

Calling them "sunday Christians" and stuff like that.

Not to take sides with anything in the culture or society? I don't think so.

Much love!
Right on..I just added my comment to the same and more.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true Christian does not take sides with anything to do with this world or the flesh. We who walk with God and serve God are to remain non-partisan...neutral. We resist the baiting of the devil into a political camp. We love all people...not because of their race or skin colour. We love all men equally. So i can't take any side in this political demonstration of carnality. I must remain on the Lord's side. Carnal men want God for themselves. But He is the God of ALL flesh...yes, even the people you like to hate and blame. All men need to leave their sins behind and go over to the Lord's side. And this begins with they who say they follow Christ.,..but lie.

"non-partisan...neutral"?

I don't think so. (Rev. 3:15) "I know thy works, that thou are neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot."

Stranger

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"non-partisan...neutral"?

I don't think so. (Rev. 3:15) "I know thy works, that thou are neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot."

Stranger

LOL Talk about deviant thinking. The world is not the kingdom of God and the kingdom is not the world. I'm not surprised that you can't see any difference between them. It follows your usual spiritual blindness.

No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully. 2 Tim.2

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not being argumentative in the least, but how is George Floyd's death political? The cop was a jerk, charged with murder (rightly so).

The media hypes and sensationalizes everything, they make mole hills into mountains, and they have done it for a very long time, causing the perception of what you hear, not reality. It's indoctrination, propaganda, they stretch the truth to make it look different, it's no longer reality. They take anomalies and make it appear that it's normal.

White people are killed by cops, too - it just never makes the news, no one cares.

This is the media you get from within the United States, don't believe everything you hear. All white people do not hate black people, that is ludicrous. True white believers do not have disdain for their black brethren, that is also ludicrous.

Yet, I agree, we are to make an impact for God's Kingdom, build His, not the worlds and not our own.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully. 2 Tim.2
And what about this applied to being in politics differently than it applied to being in business? Or do you think we shouldn't have jobs also?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 32
22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

A bad thing?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it quacks like a duck...
That's what I'm saying. Presumptious is as presumptious does. While he's rebutting your argument in a way I don't agree with myself, in that the verse quoted applies towards our response to Christ and not the things to do with this world,

yet,

to say someone cannot distinguish between one and the other because of this is just that, presumption. And being presumptive in posts, well, if it quacks like a duck . . .

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And what about this applied to being in politics differently than it applied to being in business? Or do you think we shouldn't have jobs also?

Are business crafted to divide and rule people through the power of the air? Do you have ANY discernment at all beyond the carnal senses? You will always defend the most carnal position possible. Why? To be the devil's advocate? Or is it because you have no idea what the kingdom of God is?

Of course you will be offended in your flesh...as usual. If it quacks like a duck...

A man is known for his ability to see things...or not.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's always that time!

:)
Well, unless other things, like politics comes before and instead of.

My point is, there is no more time for much of anything. If we do not repent and win the lost, we will be like the foolish virgins, who were not ready. It would be nice if there were 50% ready, but 100% is more preferred. Do you know 10% who are constantly ready, telling others daily, and repenting daily, not just once on Sunday?

Reactions: theophilus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are business crafted to divide and rule people through the power of the air?
Non-answer. But this sounds like now you are talking about good government versus bad government. Of course, abandoning societal governance to unbelievers sounds like a good way to get bad government.

Do you have ANY discernment at all beyond the carnal senses?
Do you?

You will always defend the most carnal position possible.
Rubbish.

Pure nonsense. What do you mean to accomplish with this statement? Impugn my person because I hold a different point of view. There ya' go! More of the same you've dished out for years.

I strongly suggest that you look inside to find the source of this anger or whatever it is that drives this.

Why? To be the devil's advocate?
Or because I have a different point of view as I've expressed? I suppose you'd like to think I'm just making everything up.

No, I actually do think that God calls some of us to serve in politics.

Or is it because you have no idea what the kingdom of God is?

Is your behavior an example of the kingdom of God?

Of course you will be offended in your flesh...as usual. If it quacks like a duck...

If that's what you want to believe be my guest. You can make the assumption that "I'm offended in my flesh" and then denigrate me as if that were true.

But when people start responding the way you do, that tells me what kind of birdsong I'm hearing.

A man is known for his ability to see things...or not.

Can you see it?

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not being argumentative in the least, but how is George Floyd's death political? The cop was a jerk, charged with murder (rightly so).

The media hypes and sensationalizes everything, they make mole hills into mountains, and they have done it for a very long time, causing the perception of what you hear, not reality. It's indoctrination, propaganda, they stretch the truth to make it look different, it's no longer reality. They take anomalies and make it appear that it's normal.

White people are killed by cops, too - it just never makes the news, no one cares.

This is the media you get from within the United States, don't believe everything you hear. All white people do not hate black people, that is ludicrous. True white believers do not have disdain for their black brethren, that is also ludicrous.

Yet, I agree, we are to make an impact for God's Kingdom, build His, not the worlds and not our own.
Social Media makes it political. "We the people" of the United States are raised to be political. It does not have boundaries of race, education, or wealth, unless that is the point to raise unpolitical citizens these days?

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP suggests we are not to be political, not engage in the issues of this world, with this in mind, there are verses seemingly supporting this viewpoint, the first:
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

1 John 4:5, NIV: "They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them."

James 1:27 - religion our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: taking care of orphans and widows in distress to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I don't really see where God has directed believers to jump into world politics and worldly issues and try to convince the entire world the errors of their ways (and yes, they are wrong! God's Truth is not in them), 1 John 4:5 again says, "They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them."
God will call, out of the world, those that are His.

As believers, God has given us direction - James 1:27 - taking care of widows and orphans, caring for the oppressed (those in jail), feeding the poor, He also said to do love, kindness, other attributes of the Fruit of the Spirit as there are no laws against these.

Idk, ramblings from a fellow journeyman. :)

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Social Media makes it political. "We the people" of the United States are raised to be political. It does not have boundaries of race, education, or wealth, unless that is the point to raise unpolitical citizens these days?
We may have been raised one way, but when God saves us, we are no longer "that way" we're a new creation.

Maybe, once upon a time in America, we did have a government that leaned more towards God's Ways, but not anymore. There is too much corruption in the world's governments.

Have you ever heard that the world's governments are the spirit of the anti-christ manifested? Satan is very orderly, organized and he is the prince of this world right now?

Jesus said this : John 14:30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,

Ephesians 2:2 In which you once walked. You were following the ways of this world [influenced by this present age], in accordance with the prince of the power of the air (Satan), the spirit who is now at work in the disobedient [the unbelieving, who fight against the purposes of God].

1 John 4:3 and every spirit that confesseth not Jesus is not of God: and this is the spirit of the antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it cometh; and now it is in the world already.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The OP suggests we are not to be political, not engage in the issues of this world, with this in mind, there are verses seemingly supporting this viewpoint, the first:
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

1 John 4:5, NIV: "They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them."

James 1:27 - religion our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: taking care of orphans and widows in distress to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I don't really see where God has directed believers to jump into world politics and worldly issues and try to convince the entire world the errors of their ways (and yes, they are wrong! God's Truth is not in them), 1 John 4:5 again says, "They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them."
God will call, out of the world, those that are His.

As believers, God has given us direction - James 1:27 - taking care of widows and orphans, caring for the oppressed (those in jail), feeding the poor, He also said to do love, kindness, other attributes of the Fruit of the Spirit as there are no laws against these.

Idk, ramblings from a fellow journeyman. :)

It's pleasant to hear from someone who isn't a carnal religious person. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jesus said this : John 14:30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,

Ephesians 2:2 In which you once walked. You were following the ways of this world [influenced by this present age], in accordance with the prince of the power of the air (Satan), the spirit who is now at work in the disobedient [the unbelieving, who fight against the purposes of God].

1 John 4:3 and every spirit that confesseth not Jesus is not of God: and this is the spirit of the antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it cometh; and now it is in the world already.
@Agios Great verses there! We need to beware of ppl who seem to promise to fix politics for Christians. The Lord's kingdom is not of this world anyway; our responsibility lies rather in serving the Lord in the Gospel for the remainder of the time He chooses to keep us here.

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Agios Great verses there! We need to beware of ppl who seem to promise to fix politics for Christians. The Lord's kingdom is not of this world anyway; our responsibility lies rather in serving the Lord in the Gospel for the remainder of the time He chooses to keep us here.
I like the way you worded that.

It's not always easy as I can be tempted - and have fallen - when presented with views not lining up with scripture, but God is faithful and has given me those verses, especially the one about how it's not my job to judge those outside the church, it's not my job to convince them their ways are not God's, through hardship I have experienced the consequences of "throwing pearls to swine". Ha

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I like the way you worded that.

It's not always easy as I can be tempted - and have fallen - when presented with views not lining up with scripture, but God is faithful and has given me those verses, especially the one about how it's not my job to judge those outside the church, it's not my job to convince them their ways are not God's, through hardship I have experienced the consequences of "throwing pearls to swine". Ha
@Agios: "Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me." (John 21.21-22)