The messiah didn't come yet.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bs"d

No.

At least we agree that he didn't fulfill the messianic prophecies.

We'll have to see about that. For the time being he is 2000 years too late. He said he would be back in his own generation. Didn't work out so well.
Oh but Yeshua DID come, in wrath in 70 AD, (to judge and vanquish His enemies, which was apostate Israel at that time) within the generation that heard His prophecies:

Isa 10:3
And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?

Jer 8:12
Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among them that fall: in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

(All authority/power was given to Him by the Father after He rose from the dead.)

But I believe it is a case of "to the Jew first, then the Gentile" and what happened to Israel is an ensample of what will also happen in the end to the world (Gentile nations) that rejects Him.

I fear for modern Israel too though, that she will pay again (double/twice) for her sins....and it seems she is getting set to double down on her error with the rebuilding of the Temple that the Lord threw down and a false messiah will be set up there.

Isa 40:2
Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.

Jer 16:18
And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things.

Jer 17:18
Let them be confounded that persecute me, but let not me be confounded: let them be dismayed, but let not me be dismayed: bring upon them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.

Rev 18:6
Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

(This principle I believe is reflected in the law in Ex. 22 that talks about having to restore back double when someone steals or causes the loss of someone else's goods/property. It is justice/just, in God's eyes.)

I don't want to rub salt into anyone's wounds, and I have been praying for the release of hostages and for Hamas terror organization to be eliminated, but think it is worth noting that abominations as well as overt idol worship were being committed at the music festival near the Gaza border in Israel when those horrific and unspeakably cruel attacks occurred on Oct. 7. "I the Lord do not change." If only Israel would wake up and and learn from this, and likewise we all need to learn from this example. Beyond the pale sins leads to beyond the pale judgments, tragically! Where is the fear of the Lord? Heavenly Father, I pray you will open eyes that are blind and unstop deaf ears.....in wrath remember mercy O Lord.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Oh but Yeshua DID come, in wrath in 70 AD, (to judge and vanquish His enemies, which was apostate Israel at that time) within the generation that heard His prophecies:
Bs"d

That's weird, nobody has seen him.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bs"d

That's weird, nobody has seen him.
Did anyone "see" the Lord the other times He visited the nation in wrath?

Many saw Him when He was walking among the people and doing miracles and teaching. But "Blessed are you who have not seen, and yet believe."

JohnD

Jan 24, 2024
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
351 prophecies in Tanakh that Yeshua fulfilled

Let's get into the nitty gritty, shall we?

Yirimyahu 31:30-33 (Jeremiah 31:31-34)

30 Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will form a covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, a new covenant.להִנֵּ֛ה יָמִ֥ים בָּאִ֖ים נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֑ה וְכָֽרַתִּ֗י אֶת־בֵּ֧ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל וְאֶת־בֵּ֥ית יְהוּדָ֖ה בְּרִ֥ית חֲדָשָֽׁה:
31 Not like the covenant that I formed with their forefathers on the day I took them by the hand to take them out of the land of Egypt, that they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, says the Lord.לאלֹ֣א כַבְּרִ֗ית אֲשֶׁ֚ר כָּרַ֙תִּי֙ אֶת־אֲבוֹתָ֔ם בְּיוֹם֙ הֶֽחֱזִיקִ֣י בְיָדָ֔ם לְהֽוֹצִיאָ֖ם מֵאֶ֖רֶץ מִצְרָ֑יִם אֲשֶׁר־הֵ֜מָּה הֵפֵ֣רוּ אֶת־בְּרִיתִ֗י וְאָֽנֹכִ֛י בָּעַ֥לְתִּי בָ֖ם נְאֻם־יְהֹוָֽה:
32 For this is the covenant that I will form with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will place My law in their midst and I will inscribe it upon their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people.לבכִּ֣י זֹ֣את הַבְּרִ֡ית אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶכְרֹת֩ אֶת־בֵּ֨ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֜ל אַֽחֲרֵ֨י הַיָּמִ֚ים הָהֵם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה נָתַ֚תִּי אֶת־תּֽוֹרָתִי֙ בְּקִרְבָּ֔ם וְעַל־לִבָּ֖ם אֶכְתֳּבֶ֑נָּה וְהָיִ֚יתִי לָהֶם֙ לֵֽאלֹהִ֔ים וְהֵ֖מָּה יִֽהְיוּ־לִ֥י לְעָֽם:
33 And no longer shall one teach his neighbor or [shall] one [teach] his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know Me from their smallest to their greatest, says the Lord, for I will forgive their iniquity and their sin I will no longer remember.לגוְלֹ֧א יְלַמְּד֣וּ ע֗וֹד אִ֣ישׁ אֶת־רֵעֵ֜הוּ וְאִ֚ישׁ אֶת־אָחִיו֙ לֵאמֹ֔ר דְּע֖וּ אֶת־יְהֹוָ֑ה כִּֽי־כוּלָּם֩ יֵֽדְע֨וּ אוֹתִ֜י לְמִקְּטַנָּ֚ם וְעַד־גְּדוֹלָם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה כִּ֚י אֶסְלַח֙ לַֽעֲו‍ֹנָ֔ם וּלְחַטָּאתָ֖ם לֹ֥א אֶזְכָּר־עֽוֹד:

Jewish people who subscribe to the leaven of the Pharisees (rejecting Yeshua Jesus as Messiah) cling to Torah when Jeremiah clearly stated that you broke that covenant and it will be replaced with the new covenant of forever forgiveness (as opposed to temporal forgiveness under the Law when Temple sacrifices are offered... which could not be offered for 1900+ years now).

The identity of HaShem Adonai is Yeshua Jesus and he lives in us through his Spirit in our hearts.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
351 prophecies in Tanakh that Yeshua fulfilled

Let's get into the nitty gritty, shall we?

Yirimyahu 31:30-33 (Jeremiah 31:31-34)

30 Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will form a covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, a new covenant.להִנֵּ֛ה יָמִ֥ים בָּאִ֖ים נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֑ה וְכָֽרַתִּ֗י אֶת־בֵּ֧ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל וְאֶת־בֵּ֥ית יְהוּדָ֖ה בְּרִ֥ית חֲדָשָֽׁה:
31 Not like the covenant that I formed with their forefathers on the day I took them by the hand to take them out of the land of Egypt, that they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, says the Lord.לאלֹ֣א כַבְּרִ֗ית אֲשֶׁ֚ר כָּרַ֙תִּי֙ אֶת־אֲבוֹתָ֔ם בְּיוֹם֙ הֶֽחֱזִיקִ֣י בְיָדָ֔ם לְהֽוֹצִיאָ֖ם מֵאֶ֖רֶץ מִצְרָ֑יִם אֲשֶׁר־הֵ֜מָּה הֵפֵ֣רוּ אֶת־בְּרִיתִ֗י וְאָֽנֹכִ֛י בָּעַ֥לְתִּי בָ֖ם נְאֻם־יְהֹוָֽה:
32 For this is the covenant that I will form with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will place My law in their midst and I will inscribe it upon their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people.לבכִּ֣י זֹ֣את הַבְּרִ֡ית אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶכְרֹת֩ אֶת־בֵּ֨ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֜ל אַֽחֲרֵ֨י הַיָּמִ֚ים הָהֵם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה נָתַ֚תִּי אֶת־תּֽוֹרָתִי֙ בְּקִרְבָּ֔ם וְעַל־לִבָּ֖ם אֶכְתֳּבֶ֑נָּה וְהָיִ֚יתִי לָהֶם֙ לֵֽאלֹהִ֔ים וְהֵ֖מָּה יִֽהְיוּ־לִ֥י לְעָֽם:
33 And no longer shall one teach his neighbor or [shall] one [teach] his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know Me from their smallest to their greatest, says the Lord, for I will forgive their iniquity and their sin I will no longer remember.לגוְלֹ֧א יְלַמְּד֣וּ ע֗וֹד אִ֣ישׁ אֶת־רֵעֵ֜הוּ וְאִ֚ישׁ אֶת־אָחִיו֙ לֵאמֹ֔ר דְּע֖וּ אֶת־יְהֹוָ֑ה כִּֽי־כוּלָּם֩ יֵֽדְע֨וּ אוֹתִ֜י לְמִקְּטַנָּ֚ם וְעַד־גְּדוֹלָם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה כִּ֚י אֶסְלַח֙ לַֽעֲו‍ֹנָ֔ם וּלְחַטָּאתָ֖ם לֹ֥א אֶזְכָּר־עֽוֹד:

Jewish people who subscribe to the leaven of the Pharisees (rejecting Yeshua Jesus as Messiah) cling to Torah when Jeremiah clearly stated that you broke that covenant and it will be replaced with the new covenant of forever forgiveness (as opposed to temporal forgiveness under the Law when Temple sacrifices are offered... which could not be offered for 1900+ years now).

The identity of HaShem Adonai is Yeshua Jesus and he lives in us through his Spirit in our hearts.

The messiah (Jesus) is adoni, not adonai (Psalm 110:1).

Reactions: Niblo