The messiah didn't come yet.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
You never answered my question concerning how it was that Joseph took Mary unto himself as his wife.

Bs"d

How do men usually take a woman as their wife?
Also if Joseph was the father of Jesus and Jesus was the rightful messiah/king. What are the ramifications of the actions there in the first century?

Then all the messianic prophecies should have been fulfilled in the first century. Then all the Jewish enemies should have been conquered, and the Jews should from than on have been on top of the world with the messiah ruling the world.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then all the messianic prophecies should have been fulfilled in the first century. Then all the Jewish enemies should have been conquered, and the Jews should from than on have been on top of the world with the messiah ruling the world.

When we look for the wrong signs, we will never see the prophetic signs occurring at all.

In Daniel 9:24a, the nation of Israel was given 490 years in which to repent of their continual sin of Idolatrous worship. In 2 Chronicles 7:12ff God warned Solomon that if the Israelites continued in their idolatrous worship, then God would cause the Israelites to be scattered to the four corners of the earth and for the Temple to be loosened such that one stone did not lie on another such that the nations around would wonder what the Israelites had done to cause the temple to be destroyed.

God also warned in Exodus 20:4-6 that if Israel turned away from God's statutes and indulged in idolatrous worship that the iniquities of the fathers during the first and second age of their existence would be visited upon their children and the children's children in the third and the fourth age of their existence.

If you are not able to see these signs that you have and are presently experiencing, then I doubt that you would be able to see the fulfilment of the Messianic prophecies.

The messiah during His first advent foretold in parables that Israel will declare when Satan goes away for a time that they no longer want to have Satan to be their master over them such that they are his servants. He also foretold that the Israelites would not have the means to complete construct of a temple again and that the nations around them would laugh at them for not completing its construction. The Messiah also foretold that when a king comes to judge the nations within sight of Jerusalem that they would upon considering whether or not they could defeat this king with their army, come to the decision that they would not be able to do so and seek out that kings terms of peace. That king is the Messiah of Israel.

It is my understanding that the above examples will all be fulfilled within the next 20-25 year's time.

It is not my intention to have a slogging match with you on this forum. All I have done is present OT and NT prophetic words that you can verify to see if what I have presented is true.

If you cannot verify the validity of the above, then so be it, I will not be offended.

Shalom

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did you get this at? I dont think you believe what you write.

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch
Dec 12, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

The Jewish messiah is going to be for the full 100% a human being. He is not going to be God, not going to be divine, not the son of God, but a human being.

He will have extra-ordinary powers, like all the prophets had, but still he will be totally human.

And he will be in male line a descendant of David. Something that JC was not, because he had no father who was from the line of David. So therefore he is already disqualified from being the messiah.

Psalms​

Chapter 110​

1(A Psalm of David.) The LORD said unto my Lord,
Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

The LORD said unto my Lord
Who is this Lord of King David
that the LORD called Him, Lord?

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Bs"d

Psalm 110:1; "The Lord says to my lord: Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool."

This Psalm is most likely written by an officer in David's army. It says here; The Lord, (in Hebrew Y-H-W-H) says to my lord, (in the sense of master). This is literally translated: Y-H-W-H says to my master: etc. This applies to David, just like the next verse, "The Lord sends forth from Zion your mighty sceptre. Rule in the midst of your foes." This is what King David did, God made his enemies a footstool to him, and he ruled from Zion (Jerusalem).

Verse 5 and 6: "The Lord is at your right hand, He will shatter kings on the day of his wrath. He will execute judgement among the nations, filling them with corpses." King David slaughtered many of his enemies, as written in this Psalm, but all these things that were never done by Jesus.
Therefore it makes no sense to say that this applies to Jesus and not to king David.

Here is the explanation of the great Jewish sage from the Middle Ages, rabbi Moshe ben Nachman, a.k.a. the Ramban:

King David was the composer who wrote the Psalms with the aid of the holy spirit. He composed them for the purpose of having them sung
before the altar of God. He himself did not sing them, nor was he permitted to do so, for that function was forbidden to him by law of the Torah. (Deuteronomy 18:6-7) Instead, he gave the Psalms to the Levites, so that they would sing them. This is clearly written in the book of I Chronicles 16:7 Therefore, King David perforce expressed the psalm in the language appropriate for utterance by the Levites. Thus, if King David had said; "The Eternal said to me", the levites repeating these words would be uttering falsehood. Instead, it is proper for the Levite to say in the Temple: "The Eternal saith unto my lord: (that is to King David) Sit thou at My right hand."

The purport of the term 'sitting' is to state that the Creator, blessed be He, will protect him during his lifetime and that He will save him and
cause him to prevail over his enemies. So it was, for he lifted up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time. This is the right hand of God. It is also written of David: "And Your right hand has holden me up." Psalm 18:36. It is similarly written: "The right hand of the Almighty does valiantly. The right hand of the Eternal is exalted." Psalm 118:15 Regarding Moses our teacher, peace be upon him, it is written: "He caused His glorious arm to go at the right hand of Moses." Isaiah 63:12 And Moses said at the fall of pharao: "Thy right hand, O Eternal, dashes the enemy in pieces." Exodus 15:6

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Not only is most of this you posted, incorrect and full of errors,
Your theology is incorrect and full of errors.
Your doctrine is incorrect and full of errors.

Exodus 15:3
The LORD is a man of war:
the LORD is his name.
Bs"d

Talking is cheap. Please point out all the errors if you can.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Don't need too
this defeats you.

Exodus 15:3
The LORD is a man of war:
the LORD is his name.
Bs"d

It is obvious that that is not meant literally.

t is stated in Numbers 23:19, in I Samuel 15:29, and in Hosea 11:9 that God is not a man.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bs"d

The messiah hasn't come yet.

For the finer details look here: [removed]
(sigh) Sadly, it is just as the prophet wrote, "Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been REVEALED?" (ie, not many) and "though the number of the Israelites be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant will be saved."

I know Yeshua/Jesus is the Messiah because I have met Him, revealed, miraculously, and He changed my life, and opened the eyes of my understanding to His word, the scriptures. I was reconciled to God through the Messiah Christ, whereas before I was cut off from Him and blind to Him. All born again believers have experienced and are witnesses of this and can testify to it. I am sad for people who harden their hearts against Him, especially His brethren according to the flesh. Receiving the Messiah/Saviour is not a matter for the physical brain, but a matter of heart and spirit. The organic brain of man (carnal mind) can neither know Him nor perceive Him.....He must be REVEALED by the Lord - spiritually discerned, because God is spirit. I pray you will seek and ASK the Lord for the truth.

If you know the scriptures then you must understand that whenever God punishes Israel it is for just cause. Israel has been under punishment for 2000 years, ever since the horrible events of 70 AD, sadly, for rejecting the new covenant and Son of God.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

Psalm 110:1; "The Lord says to my lord: Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool."

This Psalm is most likely written by an officer in David's army. It says here; The Lord, (in Hebrew Y-H-W-H) says to my lord, (in the sense of master). This is literally translated: Y-H-W-H says to my master: etc. This applies to David, just like the next verse, "The Lord sends forth from Zion your mighty sceptre. Rule in the midst of your foes." This is what King David did, God made his enemies a footstool to him, and he ruled from Zion (Jerusalem).

Verse 5 and 6: "The Lord is at your right hand, He will shatter kings on the day of his wrath. He will execute judgement among the nations, filling them with corpses." King David slaughtered many of his enemies, as written in this Psalm, but all these things that were never done by Jesus.
Therefore it makes no sense to say that this applies to Jesus and not to king David.

Here is the explanation of the great Jewish sage from the Middle Ages, rabbi Moshe ben Nachman, a.k.a. the Ramban:

King David was the composer who wrote the Psalms with the aid of the holy spirit. He composed them for the purpose of having them sung
before the altar of God. He himself did not sing them, nor was he permitted to do so, for that function was forbidden to him by law of the Torah. (Deuteronomy 18:6-7) Instead, he gave the Psalms to the Levites, so that they would sing them. This is clearly written in the book of I Chronicles 16:7 Therefore, King David perforce expressed the psalm in the language appropriate for utterance by the Levites. Thus, if King David had said; "The Eternal said to me", the levites repeating these words would be uttering falsehood. Instead, it is proper for the Levite to say in the Temple: "The Eternal saith unto my lord: (that is to King David) Sit thou at My right hand."

The purport of the term 'sitting' is to state that the Creator, blessed be He, will protect him during his lifetime and that He will save him and
cause him to prevail over his enemies. So it was, for he lifted up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time. This is the right hand of God. It is also written of David: "And Your right hand has holden me up." Psalm 18:36. It is similarly written: "The right hand of the Almighty does valiantly. The right hand of the Eternal is exalted." Psalm 118:15 Regarding Moses our teacher, peace be upon him, it is written: "He caused His glorious arm to go at the right hand of Moses." Isaiah 63:12 And Moses said at the fall of pharao: "Thy right hand, O Eternal, dashes the enemy in pieces." Exodus 15:6

YHWH is obviously speaking to someone who isn’t YHWH. What, if anything, does the master (Heb. adoni) whom YHWH is speaking to prophetically in the Psalm do that wouldn’t be applicable to the promised messiah?

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
YHWH is obviously speaking to someone who isn’t YHWH. What, if anything, does the master (Heb. adoni) whom YHWH is speaking to prophetically in the Psalm do that wouldn’t be applicable to the promised messiah?
Bs"d

If you want to see this as a messianic prophecy, then you can add another one to the unfulfilled messianic prophecies, because JC's enemies were not made into his footstool. JC didn't fill the nations with corpses. So this is also not fulfilled by JC

It is fulfilled by king David. It is clear that this Psalm speaks about king David.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
(sigh) Sadly, it is just as the prophet wrote, "Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been REVEALED?" (ie, not many) and "though the number of the Israelites be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant will be saved."

I know Yeshua/Jesus is the Messiah because I have met Him, revealed, miraculously, and He changed my life, and opened the eyes of my understanding to His word, the scriptures. I was reconciled to God through the Messiah Christ, whereas before I was cut off from Him and blind to Him. All born again believers have experienced and are witnesses of this and can testify to it. I am sad for people who harden their hearts against Him, especially His brethren according to the flesh. Receiving the Messiah/Saviour is not a matter for the physical brain, but a matter of heart and spirit. The organic brain of man (carnal mind) can neither know Him nor perceive Him.....He must be REVEALED by the Lord - spiritually discerned, because God is spirit. I pray you will seek and ASK the Lord for the truth.
Bs"d

I go by logic and common sense, not by emotions.
If you know the scriptures then you must understand that whenever God punishes Israel it is for just cause. Israel has been under punishment for 2000 years, ever since the horrible events of 70 AD, sadly, for rejecting the new covenant and Son of God.

Yes Israel is and was punished, but not for "rejecting the new covenant and Son of God", not for rejecting Muhammed, but for not upholding the law of God.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

If you want to see this as a messianic prophecy, then you can add another one to the unfulfilled messianic prophecies, because JC's enemies were not made into his footstool. JC didn't fill the nations with corpses. So this is also not fulfilled by JC

It is fulfilled by king David. It is clear that this Psalm speaks about king David.

Why would it not be a messianic propecy?

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Why would it not be a messianic propecy?
Bs"d

Because it obviously speaks about king David.

And when you insist it is a messianic prophecy, then you have yet another unfulfilled messianic prophecy.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

Because it obviously speaks about king David.

Are you familiar with David typology?

And when you insist it is a messianic prophecy, then you have yet another unfulfilled messianic prophecy.

There’s no problem from my perspective with as yet unfulfilled messianic prophecy.

Jesus of Nazareth will return.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Are you familiar with David typology?
Bs"d

No.
There’s no problem from my perspective with as yet unfulfilled messianic prophecy.
At least we agree that he didn't fulfill the messianic prophecies.
Jesus of Nazareth will return.
We'll have to see about that. For the time being he is 2000 years too late. He said he would be back in his own generation. Didn't work out so well.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

It means that David is the type of the coming messiah.

At least we agree that he didn't fulfill the messianic prophecies.

That’s true only in part. I believe Jesus fulfills many of the messianic prophecies, and will fulfill them all when he returns to reign on his father David’s throne.

We'll have to see about that. For the time being he is 2000 years too late. He said he would be back in his own generation. Didn't work out so well.

He didn’t say he would be back in his own generation. No one besides YHWH knows when he will return.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse speaks of King David,not Messiah. Nonsense.

What do you all now make of the anti-Christian, adversarial nature, attack mode inclined, alleged Jews, arrived in our Christian community and dedicated to calling our faith a lie. And Immanuel and his teachings a liar?

Two of you now? More?
Realizing you could care less as to how the undertaking makes you appear as alleged Jews engaged in the endeavor, none the less, you are fools. Whether you care how that makes you look or not.

And Immanuel's teachings,nor Immanuel, was a lie nor liar.
You all are.

The twisted truth the alleged Jews like yourselves do impart is that you are
on this mission sooner or later,as you join all Christian forums that will have you.

You intend to insult Jews and their faith by your examples as alleged Jews. We're to believe Jews advance an agenda to slur Christians and Christianity, by your examples as alleged Jews committed to the effort in Christian communities.

I haven't yet checked, though I would think even this site has rules against denying God,Immanuel/Jesus,and the faith.

Christians here think they're contending for the truth of God in Christ.

No.

Those replies only encourage scum to continue to populate in their respective sewers and spill out from beneath that Troll bridge. Because they're encouraged there's nothing they can say that a Christian won't try to correct when it is a lie.

The mistake such Christians make is thinking God needs defending from Hell spawn.

The other mistake is to think Trolling Hell spawn scum will be persuaded to change its mind due to the effort.

Those Christians likely think they can lead people to Christ.
They can't.They don't. The message is delivered,yes. However,Jesus,Immanuel tells them, no one comes to him unless he,God,changes their mind to receive and accept that message.

Hell spawn's fate is sealed.And post after post the Antisemite,which is that which pretends to be a Jew so to behave in a bad light, prove why they deserve it.

Harsh? Oh,yes!

Immanuel,God, was too. In case Hell isn't enough evidence to prove that one.

The alleged Jews here are liars. And not even bothering to educate themselves about Judaism so to pull off their Trolling.

But you love them.Which they count on. When they should be banned.

Barring that, ignored.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bs"d

Can you please stop with that BS thing? It comes across as vulgarity and is unpleasant.

No it wasn't/isn't my emotions, I know the difference, and was always a skeptical person. I'm very practical and realistic and down to earth. I even perceived at the time that this was something outside of myself...it was a miracle that I came to believe (as I later found out in the scripture - it was faith not of my own!), and it was a miracle that my addiction to nicotine was immediately gone. Just gone, pouf! Never had another cigarette without any effort on my part....the craving and desire for cigarettes just was no longer there. Thanks be to the Lord my Saviour. Not to mention other wonderful things I have seen and experienced Him do ever since......revelations, healings (both emotional and physical), seen demons manifest and come out of people. I have an ongoing living relationship with the Living God because of being reconciled to Him through His Son. Why did He ordain it that way through manifesting Himself in a "Son" ? Well for one thing His sacrifice was the only sacrifice sufficient to atone for our sins once and for all, being spotless, sinless and heavenly - and to permanently fulfill the Law on our behalf. Only through Yeshua can we therefore partake of the heavenly, ie, receive eternal life. He became like a bridge to heaven for us, because He became a man and is also divine. But also it is to test hearts....as the scriptures say, Yeshua is a kind of stumbling stone.
Bs"d

Yes Israel is and was punished, but not for "rejecting the new covenant and Son of God", not for rejecting Muhammed, but for not upholding the law of God.
No idea what Muhammed has to do with any of this. That unfortunately is a Satanic deception that deceives and holds millions of souls and lives dragged down and captive in darkness. Not to mention that it kills.

But no, it happened in the first century exactly as prophesied and forewarned. Israel gave birth (to the Son) before her travail came upon her. But without the Key of David to unlock the scriptures you will not be able to perceive what they are talking about, unfortunately. Why is the meaning of so many scriptures hidden to our eyes.....because God didn't write them just to spoonfeed and download more "information" into our physical brains.....no, He wants us to SEEK HIM. Truth is found HIM, understanding is found in HIM, wisdom is found in HIM. And it's not free of charge...as the scriptures say, "BUY the truth, but sell it not." ie, there is a cost to coming to the Redeemer and growing in understanding of His word. Yeshua told the Pharisees truthfully that they diligently searched the scriptures that spoke about Him but refused to COME to Him to have LIFE. Studying and arguing scriptures is easy, but yielding and laying down your life in submission to the Lord takes an act of His Spirit and costs us more than just a little time and energy and hot air. But is well worth it! My sincere prayer is that you will not likewise resist His Spirit if He should come calling.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Rabbi Reuben

Dec 20, 2023
NY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

The messiah hasn't come yet.

For the finer details look here: [removed]
בס״ד

And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man.
Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel,
and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;

And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom,
and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little,
I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD,
to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword,
and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.

Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house

Where is the son
of the king
that was promised
to be setting
upon the throne of David?

בס״ד