The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question....
Did Joseph pray to Mary like RCC does, or did she become glorified like her son after death?
Let's start with your silly use of "RCC", which simply refers to a Liturgical Rite.

You probably mean, "The Catholic Church" or "CC". There are some TWENTY Liturgical Rites that comprise the Catholic Church - and "Roman" (Latin) is only ONE of them. There is also the Byzantine, Melkite, Coptic, Maronite and many others that are ALL in full communion with each other.

Now, yo your question, which was meant to be as stupid as all of your others - but I'll answer it anyway.
Did Joseph ASK Mary to pray for him at any point? I'm sure he did. I've asked my wife to pray for me - and I've also asked many friends and family to pray for me - so there you go. That's what "Pray" means - to ASK.
Look it up . . .

Finally - was Mary "glorified"?
If you knew your Bible - which you obviously don't - you would know that we will have glorified bodies in Heaven. Those who were assumed into Heaven, body and soul (Enoch, Elijah, Moses)Mary), already have glorified bodies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God can minister and cause the increase. It is not on me to convince you of anything. I leave you to God, brother.
That's about the most honest thing you've said yet.
I hope He does cause you to understand that which you refuse to see.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least we have one honest Catholic here. The Council of Trent ruled all Protestants to be heretics, but the RCC has been trying to hide that fact in order to create a one-world religion.

The truth of the matter though is that the majority of Catholic doctrine is false teaching. The Mass is not the same as the Lord's Supper, and all the teaching about the Mass is unbiblical.
Actually - Protestants at the TIME that Trent was convened WERE heretics.
Most Protestants of today aren't.

A "heretic", by definition is a Catholic who goes into heresy or heterodoxy. Many Protestants of today are born and raised into their heretical beliefs. Only when a Catholic leaves the Church for another set of beliefs can he be called a "heretic."

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's about the most honest thing you've said yet.
I hope He does cause you to understand that which you refuse to see.

It is not a refusing to see but acknowledging what He has said as opposing what the RCC says.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's start with your silly use of "RCC", which simply refers to a Liturgical Rite.

You probably mean, "The Catholic Church" or "CC". There are some TWENTY Liturgical Rites that comprise the Catholic Church - and "Roman" (Latin) is only ONE of them. There is also the Byzantine, Melkite, Coptic, Maronite and many others that are ALL in full communion with each other.

Now, yo your question, which was meant to be as stupid as all of your others - but I'll answer it anyway.
Did Joseph ASK Mary to pray for him at any point? I'm sure he did. I've asked my wife to pray for me - and I've also asked many friends and family to pray for me - so there you go. That's what "Pray" means - to ASK.
Look it up . . .

Finally - was Mary "glorified"?
If you knew your Bible - which you obviously don't - you would know that we will have glorified bodies in Heaven. Those who were assumed into Heaven, body and soul (Enoch, Elijah, Moses)Mary), already have glorified bodies.
No, did Joseph pray to Mary like Catholics pray to her?

Did he say, "Hail Mary....."?

Or did that start after she was resurrected and glorified like her son was?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just betcha that Joseph did not say to his wife, "Hail Mary..." after Jesus was born, but rather "hey baby...".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, did Joseph pray to Mary like Catholics pray to her?
Did he say, "Hail Mary....."?
Or did that start after she was resurrected and glorified like her son was?
Yup - he probably asked her for something.
Just like we Catholics pray to her when we ask her to pray for us.

How's that, Einstein?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not a refusing to see but acknowledging what He has said as opposing what the RCC says.
"RCC"??

He has opposed the "Roman Liturgical Rite"??
When did this happen??

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - he probably asked her for something.
Just like we Catholics pray to her when we ask her to pray for us.

How's that, Einstein?
Was he praying the rosary to his wife or did the RCC add that?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When has any NT living saint prayed to a dead saint in scripture?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When has any NT living saint prayed to a dead saint in scripture?
When has any NT saint . . .
Said that you had to "Accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior"?
Said anything about an "Altar Call"??
Said that the Bible is our "SOLE Authority"??
Said anything about the "Sinner's Prayer"??
Ever used the term "Faith Alone" - except James 2:24, where he said "NOT by faith alone"??

Can
you answer these questions, Einstein?
I didn't think so . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More like the question is, when did the RCC word trumps His words in the Bible?
"RCC" is merely ONE of TWENTY Liturgical Rites that comprise the Catholic Church.
Get your facts straight.

When did the Roman/Latin Liturgical Rite claim to have "trumped" the words in the Bible??

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More like the question is, when did the RCC word trumps His words in the Bible?
Please stop using the blanket "RCC" abbreviation to cover all Catholics. It's inaccurate as it is stupid. "CC" is better. The main reason you use "RCC" is because you know that it is annoying. It's copying from Christian Taliban sites like the CARM forum.

All Catholic doctrines are derived directly or indirectly from Scripture, and are in complete harmony with the Bible. There is no date when the CC trumped His words in the Bible because it never happened. You have no pedigree, no historical facts, and most important, cannot give one name of a post biblical "true believer" that held to your bizarre opinions. You have no hierarchy of churches responsible to a central head, no accountability beyond the local congregation, no fellowship beyond the local assembly, no missional emphasis that gains support from hundreds of congregations, and no superiors to whom a local pastor must submit for doctrinal or ethical fidelity. You are an island unto yourself. With that, you sit in judgement against 2000 years of consistent teaching. Doctrines develop, their essence never changes so your assertions are stupid and meaningless.

Last edited:

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop using the blanket "RCC" abbreviation to cover all Catholics. It's inaccurate as it is stupid. "CC" is better. The main reason you use "RCC" is because you know that it is annoying. It's copying from Christian Taliban sites like the CARM forum.

I actually did not know that. But God be willing, I shall try using CC for the general reference.

All Catholic doctrines are derived directly or indirectly from Scripture, and are in complete harmony with the Bible. There is no date when the CC trumped His words in the Bible because it never happened. You have no pedigree, no historical facts, and most important, cannot give one name of a post biblical "true believer" that held to your bizarre opinions. You have no hierarchy of churches responsible to a central head, no accountability beyond the local congregation, no fellowship beyond the local assembly, no missional emphasis that gains support from hundreds of congregations, and no superiors to whom a local pastor must submit for doctrinal or ethical fidelity. You are an island unto yourself. With that, you sit in judgement against 2000 years of consistent teaching. Doctrines develop, their essence never changes so your assertions are stupid and meaningless.

Problem here is that if the N.T. has all the words we need to have for our reconciled relationship with Him, then why is it that such emphasis is given to the Catholic Catechism which is far more wordier and confusing and conflicting too, and seen as running against scripture in the N.T.?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When has any NT saint . . .
Said that you had to "Accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior"?
Said anything about an "Altar Call"??
Said that the Bible is our "SOLE Authority"??
Said anything about the "Sinner's Prayer"??
Ever used the term "Faith Alone" - except James 2:24, where he said "NOT by faith alone"??

Can
you answer these questions, Einstein?
I didn't think so . . .
You just admitted to being part of all the other fake religious concepts.

Except sola scriptura.....
That is the only reason a Christian is a Christian.