The narrow way

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tortoise and the hare is a good fable about being diligent in reading God's word on a daily basis.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, you missed the bema seat judgment that happens at the time of Revelation 11:18.
Oh that bit, when we find out the the righteousness of Christ is not enough for Christ. Terror of the Lord. God is not satan.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where do you get that idea (that God might be satan)? I'm certainly not saying that.
Havnt you notices. the angry God, be afraid of God, whats ever happened to, have faith in God. Why do people want to be judged, what do people think they can do to outdo Christ. If we have being forgiven, than what has God to judge, even in this world it would really take a lot for a court to judge someone twice for the same crime. But I guess that is why everyone is afraid, as if Christ righteousness is not enough for God.
Just see God.. Sorry Jesus, i know what I put you though, it wasnt enough , grace really wasnt free, they have to now pay by there works, but boy did we dupe them all.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not paying for my salvation by my works either. But the things that I do that count as gold, silver, and precious gems will stand the test of fire and I will receive a reward for those things, if there are any of that nature. See 1 Corinthians 3:11-15.

I am a wholehearted believer in what it says in Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 4:1-8, and Titus 3:4-7.

Reactions: friend of

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not paying for my salvation by my works either. But the things that I do that count as gold, silver, and precious gems will stand the test of fire and I will receive a reward for those things, if there are any of that nature. See 1 Corinthians 3:11-15.

I am a wholehearted believer in what it says in Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 4:1-8, and Titus 3:4-7.
I just believe God. He seems happy enough.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man is walking down a street, and comes to an intersection. He cant decide which way to go, so he takes a walk up one street, it is wide, it branches off into many other wide roads, this one is called catholism, hmm he thinks, let me try another.
So he tries another road, it is much rte h same as the first, but this is called. seventh day adventist, still not sure he tries another and another, all wide none going anywhere in particular all with different names, from different religions
Than he catches out the corner of his eye, a break in a bush, so he walks towards it, this path is narrow, its overgrown, filled with thistles and thorns not so nice as the others, but he does see than someone has passed this way before but it has being a while, so he sits down to think,

so which way will you choose.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

and one last

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen
Clearly this is saying that the Acts 2:38 plan to be saved is the narrow way. Almost nobody will adhere to it that call themselves believers.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A man is walking down a street, and comes to an intersection. He cant decide which way to go, so he takes a walk up one street, it is wide, it branches off into many other wide roads, this one is called catholism, hmm he thinks, let me try another.
So he tries another road, it is much rte h same as the first, but this is called. seventh day adventist, still not sure he tries another and another, all wide none going anywhere in particular all with different names, from different religions
Than he catches out the corner of his eye, a break in a bush, so he walks towards it, this path is narrow, its overgrown, filled with thistles and thorns not so nice as the others, but he does see than someone has passed this way before but it has being a while, so he sits down to think,

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

and one last

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Your story missed the gate :(
The path always starts with the gate and no labels. Pushing labels always fails.......

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Matt 7:14

This path has a gate and a goal, leads to life.
The goal is as important as the gate, and the path. If the path leads to death, what is the point!

The gate is Jesus, without whom the path is lonely and impossible.
The path has value because of who it is with and where it leads.

Ironically we all individually walk with path with Jesus, no one can walk it for us, and only we know its reality or otherwise, so it is ironic in many ways. No matter how much I share, love in Christ through faith needs to become the most powerful thing in your heart for you to find the way to life and the end of the path.

It is clear that some find the gate but never believe Jesus can change them and love never ignites in their soul so they are always running on empty. If one is about to be executed and Jesus is with you, you are praising His Holy name, and hoping to see Him in the morning. Or you are depressed, wondering how you got in this mess and want anyway out. The difference is knowing the cross and Jesus and knowing an idiology which when push comes to shove, you will shove it out the way.

I have met both in fellowships, but I also know Jesus met me in my heart and has taken me whole, healed and changed me, beyond description. God bless you

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mjrhealth

Well the first thing I'd do is a little landscaping. I'd get rid of all the thorns and thistles, and trim it up so I don't get my head scalped by a branch or so something. I would also pave the way with gold for the hell of it. If you want more people to take the narrower path, then you can at least make it look more attractive. :cool:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly this is saying that the Acts 2:38 plan to be saved is the narrow way. Almost nobody will adhere to it that call themselves believers.
Salvation through belief/faith in Jesus Christ is the narrow way. (John 3:15,16,18; Acts 10:43; 13:39; 16:31; Romans 3:24-28; 4:5-6; 5:1; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9 etc..). In Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. Peter is saying "repent unto the remission of your sins," the same as in Acts 3:19. The clause "each one of you be baptized" is parenthetical. This is exactly what Acts 3:19 teaches except that Peter omits the parenthesis.

*Also compare the fact that these Gentiles in Acts 10:45 received the gift of the Holy Spirit (compare with Acts 2:38 - the gift of the Holy Spirit) and this was BEFORE water baptism (Acts 10:47).

In Acts 10:43 we read ..whoever believes in Him receives remission of sins. Again, these Gentiles received the gift of the Holy Spirit - Acts 10:45 - when they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ - Acts 11:17 - (compare with Acts 16:31 - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved) BEFORE water baptism - Acts 10:47. This is referred to as repentance unto life - Acts 11:18.

*So the only logical conclusion when properly harmonizing scripture with scripture is that faith in Jesus Christ "implied in genuine repentance" (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:8,9; 16:31; 26:18). *Perfect Harmony*

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Acts 3:19, it should be clear that the Holy Spirit was in charge; who knew that there would be an immediate persecution that would present an obstacle to Peter's baptizing the converts who would believe in that hour. So, he prophesied that their sins would be blotted out "when times of refreshing would come from the presence of the Lord." Those times of refreshing would be necessary if the apostles were going to be able to baptize the converts "for the remission of sins."

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cornelius and his friends were a unique bunch. It was a time of transition in the church when they were converted.

It was not acceptable to most in the church that God would redeem Gentiles; because those who were of the circumcision group held sway with Peter to a very great extent.

So God did something to make sure that Gentiles would be included in the fold: He gave them the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues before they were baptized.

Because it would have never been acceptable to the people around Peter for him to baptize them, unless they were first baptized with the Holy Ghost, proving that they were born again Christians (and thus that Gentiles could be saved).

Notice that in Acts 10, Peter makes certain that these converts do get baptized. He says, "Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized, who have received the Holy Ghost even as we?"

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

and one last

Don't forget that the Lord is speaking to Jewish men, and at this particular time Calvary hasn't been accomplished.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because all the glory goes to Him for anything that we might have done that was deserving of the reward of a crown.
I see, are you saying that only the works of Christ in us will be accepted as worthy, and there by we will be accredited nothing?