The narrow way

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A man is walking down a street, and comes to an intersection. He cant decide which way to go, so he takes a walk up one street, it is wide, it branches off into many other wide roads, this one is called catholism, hmm he thinks, let me try another.
So he tries another road, it is much rte h same as the first, but this is called. seventh day adventist, still not sure he tries another and another, all wide none going anywhere in particular all with different names, from different religions
Than he catches out the corner of his eye, a break in a bush, so he walks towards it, this path is narrow, its overgrown, filled with thistles and thorns not so nice as the others, but he does see than someone has passed this way before but it has being a while, so he sits down to think,

so which way will you choose.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

and one last

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man is walking down a street, and comes to an intersection. He cant decide which way to go, so he takes a walk up one street, it is wide, it branches off into many other wide roads, this one is called catholism, hmm he thinks, let me try another.
So he tries another road, it is much rte h same as the first, but this is called. seventh day adventist, still not sure he tries another and another, all wide none going anywhere in particular all with different names, from different religions
Than he catches out the corner of his eye, a break in a bush, so he walks towards it, this path is narrow, its overgrown, filled with thistles and thorns not so nice as the others, but he does see than someone has passed this way before but it has being a while, so he sits down to think,

so which way will you choose.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

and one last

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen

Why put Catholics and Seventh-day Adventists as the wide road? There are some Protestant teachings that turn the grace of God into licentiousness. They believe that all you have to do is believe that Jesus is the Son of God (the demons believe that too) and all the sins you keep committing are covered. THAT is a doctrine of demons.

Reactions: Episkopos

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say that baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins is a narrow entrance into the kingdom!

Reactions: friend of

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why put Catholics and Seventh-day Adventists as the wide road? There are some Protestant teachings that turn the grace of God into licentiousness. They believe that all you have to do is believe that Jesus is the Son of God (the demons believe that too) and all the sins you keep committing are covered. THAT is a doctrine of demons.
Believing in these things (that Jesus is the Son of God) with a living faith is indeed salvational. 1 John 4:15, 1 John 5:4-5.

Reactions: friend of

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing in these things (that Jesus is the Son of God) with a living faith is indeed salvational. 1 John 4:15, 1 John 5:4-5.

Yes, we must believe that, but that is not all. Belief is synonymous with obedience.

1 John 3:23-24
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Reactions: Agios

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we must believe that, but that is not all. Belief is synonymous with obedience.

1 John 3:23-24
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.
Of course; as I said, a living faith.

Faith without works is dead.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All mens religions are teh wide road, as for sin you really havnt got it yet, demanding that God destroy the sinner, which includes your self. There are none perfect not one.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing to do with salvation
Of course not.

Keeping it short:

We are saved by a living faith alone; it is obvious that we are saved by faith alone; while faith that saves is never alone.

In such a situation as the thief on the Cross, there is no works exhibited that would save the man. However, the regeneration that took place in his heart would have produced good works if they had been given the opportunity.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course not.

Keeping it short:

We are saved by a living faith alone; it is obvious that we are saved by faith alone; while faith that saves is never alone.

In such a situation as the thief on the Cross, there is no works exhibited that would save the man. However, the regeneration that took place in his heart would have produced good works if they had been given the opportunity.
We have no "good" works of our own. All we where ever asked to do is believe, and that is difficult enough for so many.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works do not bring forth salvation; however salvation bringeth forth works that are born of the Spirit.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Works do not bring forth salvation; however salvation bringeth forth works that are born of the Spirit.
The only works Christ ever did was that given Him by the father, we are no different, you know this bit.

Luk 17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
Luk 17:9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

everybody wants to boast, they wil be so disappointed.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only works Christ ever did was that given Him by the father, we are no different, you know this bit.

Luk 17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
Luk 17:9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

everybody wants to boast, they wil be so disappointed.
Anything that we do that is in any way deserving of reward (gold, silver, or precious gems) is not of ourselves but is motivated by the gift of God within us: the Holy Spirit and His love.

It develops out of our salvation which is not of works, lest any man should boast.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anything that we do that is in any way deserving of reward (gold, silver, or precious gems) is not of ourselves but is motivated by the gift of God within us: the Holy Spirit and His love.
Oh so now its all about reward. If we work for reward than we already have thrown "good works" out the window, but that is what christians seem to chase.

Something about loosing there first love.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so now its all about reward. If we work for reward than we already have thrown "good works" out the window, but that is what christians seem to chase.

Something about loosing there first love.
There are indeed rewards in the kingdom of heaven for those things that we do that stand the test of fire (1 Corinthians 3:11-15)..

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone who prattles on about works, good or otherwise really doesn't understand. Anyone who does understand gets on with it doesn't unendingly flap about it.
Do you really think all the spruking about love is going to generate one ounce of it? Do you think that defining these matters infinitum is going to make any difference to anyones life??
It's a head job.....now go on, post that list of texts, bold them, underline them, print them in upper case to say otherwise.......it's pathetic!

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are indeed rewards in the kingdom of heaven for those things that we do that stand the test of fire
I guess you too missed this bit.

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

I think i would prefer that one,

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

If that is what you want, go right ahead,

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you too missed this bit.

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

I think i would prefer that one,

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

If that is what you want, go right ahead,
No, you missed the bema seat judgment that happens at the time of Revelation 11:18.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who prattles on about works, good or otherwise really doesn't understand. Anyone who does understand gets on with it doesn't unendingly flap about it.
Do you really think all the spruking about love is going to generate one ounce of it? Do you think that defining these matters infinitum is going to make any difference to anyones life??
It's a head job.....now go on, post your list of texts, bold them, underline them, print them in upper case.......it's pathetic!
Praise the LORD!

All of this talk about the need for love is the preaching of the law as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ.

It is showing you that you are a sinner in need of a Saviour.

I suggest that you repent and give your heart to Jesus Christ immediately.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you're right...because the only thing that will generate the love of the Lord in your heart is faith in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:14); and receiving the love of the Holy Spirit by that faith (Romans 5:5) as a free gift.

But I suppose that the saying is true, that in the last days men will not endure sound doctrine.

Your next step is to go looking for a teacher who will tell you fables about morality in the absence of the Cross.