The necessity of the Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as it can be stated and agreed upon that having a correct academic understanding of God is not a prerequiesyt for salvation.
we must disagree, scripture, Acts 17:22 "Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
Acts 17:23 "For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you".

God must be worship in spirit and in "TRUTH"

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

ERROR, Jesus the Chirst is only one Person.

was it not (YHWH) Jesus the Christ who made all things? yes, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

alone means no other PERSON. "by myself", means one PERSON. so your doctrine lie when it says the son and the Father are separate persons. the bible disagree with your doctrine.

PICJAG.
Jesus Christ is ONE Being in three persons. Notice;
“Jesus Christ” is a composite name made up of the personal name “Jesus” (from Gk Iēsous, which transliterates Heb/Aram yēšû (a)ʿ, a late form of Hebrew yĕhôšûaʿ, the meaning of which is “YHWH is salvation” or “YHWH saves/has saved”) and the title, assimilated in early Christianity to Jesus as a name, “Christ” (from Gk Christos, which translates Heb māšı̂aḥ and Aram mĕšı̂ḥāʾ, signifying “anointed” and referring in the context of eschatological expectation to the royal “son of David”). The name “Jesus Christ” thus binds together the historic figure Jesus with the messianic role and status that early Christian faith attributed to him. In Jesus’ own lifetime, his name, since it was common in Israel, called for a specifier: “Jesus the Galilean” (Matt 26:69; cf.21:11), or, more often, “Jesus of Nazareth” or “Jesus the Nazarean.”

Meyer, B. F. (1992). Jesus (Person): Jesus Christ. In D. N. Freedman (Ed.), The Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary (Vol. 3, p. 773). New York: Doubleday.

Therefore, any who profess that YHWH (Jesus) has not came in the flesh is an Anti-Christ; “And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist.” 1 John 2:22 (NLT)

D

Dave L

error, "Diversirty", John 1:3 is plain, the Son, he made all things. but the LORD all caps in Isaiah 44:24 said he made all things "BY HIMSELF", "ALONE".

now don't argue with me just reconcicle John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24. it's the SAME PERSON.

PICJAG.
Diversity = double talk for crazy as in split personality.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as it can be stated and agreed upon that having a correct academic understanding of God is not a prereq for salvation.
Prerequisite? Exactly. It’s not a prerequisite for salvation. But a decades long misunderstanding of who God is? Absolutely not. [John 16:13]

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus used plural terms when speaking to Nicodemus, and doing so, of the Godhead he says "we" and "our" John 3:11 showing plurality of persons in the Godhead. All three persons of the Triune God are there.

But, false teachers like @101G and others will only go to another text, and pit it against Scripture. All cultic groups do this, develop false doctrines off of one or two verses here and there, with a highlighted word, and say "there." His teachings are no more valid than Branch Davidian, Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses. He and his ilk are thoroughly hoodwinked.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure, "Diversified Oneness" is the equal "sharing" of God himself in flesh. not any sepraation of any person, just one PERSON "SHARED" or diversified in flesh. hence the term G243 Allos, or "ANOTHER" of oneself.

APAK came close to the TRUTH, but fell a little short, he's on the right roead, but not jut there yet.

ONE "Spirit" another of oneself in flesh.

hoped that helped.

PICJAG

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Diversity = double talk for crazy as in split personality.

”Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came out of heaven: “I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.” When the Christ said “Father, glorify Your name”, [John 12:27-28] the voice from heaven was not an angel, but the Father saying ”I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.” He’s not some pchizo here.

Reactions: Dave L

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus used plural terms when speaking to Nicodemus, and doing so, of the Godhead he says "we" and "our" John 3:11 showing plurality of persons in the Godhead. All three persons of the Triune God are there.

But, false teachers like @101G and others will only go to another text, and pit it against Scripture. All cultic groups do this, develop false doctrines off of one or two verses here and there, with a highlighted word, and say "there." His teachings are no more valid than Branch Davidian, Mormonism or Jehovah's Witnesses. He and his ilk are thoroughly hoodwinked.
well, well, well, I'm a false teacher now? oh well, been called worest. but to you read John 3:13 while on earth Jesus was in Heaven at the same time.

second, if Im a false teacher ... according to you, reconcicle John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24 then. tell us that this is two separate persons..... (smile) .. lol.

then we will see who is a false teacher or not.

PICJAG.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prerequisite? Exactly. It’s not a prerequisite for salvation. But a decades long misunderstanding of who God is? Absolutely not. [John 16:13]
Some people are extremely unknowledgeable about the theological academics, especially when it comes to the nature of God. Doesn't mean that they are any less saved, as I have seen some others imply.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we must disagree, scripture, Acts 17:22 "Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
Acts 17:23 "For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you".

God must be worship in spirit and in "TRUTH"

PICJAG.
Ok, so you believe passing a theology test is necessary for salvation?
(Not hating, just trying to understand)
sure, "Diversified Oneness" is the equal "sharing" of God himself in flesh. not any sepraation of any person, just one PERSON "SHARED" or diversified in flesh. hence the term G243 Allos, or "ANOTHER" of oneself.

APAK came close to the TRUTH, but fell a little short, he's on the right roead, but not jut there yet.

ONE "Spirit" another of oneself in flesh.

hoped that helped.

PICJAG
So you believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are all one person, correct?
How does your view differ from modalism?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
”Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came out of heaven: “I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.” When the Christ said “Father, glorify Your name”, [John 12:27-28] the voice from heaven was not an angel, but the Father saying ”I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.” He’s not some pchizo here.
JOHN 17? let's see..... John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent".

Hmmmm... seems like two separate persons don't it. well let's see. did you notice the "AND" in that verse, scripture, James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world". is this two separate PERSONS? .... (smile) Oh well, ....

PICJAG.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She's trying to justify her errant beliefs in Christ via her Mormonism, telling herself "It's OK to believe what I want, I'm a nice person &c &c &c." And "We just have differing opinions, &c &c &c." Others tell her it's OK too. "Don't worry honey, if you say you're a believer, you're a believer, it doesn't matter what you believe!"

Demons rejoice over that teaching, you can bet on that.

In other words, today people think they can believe whatever they want and still be "Christian" (born again, regenerated, converted).

John 8:24 gives an "academic understanding of God" that actually is a prerequisite for salvation. She does not believe in the Biblical Person of Christ. Jesus gives the solemn prognosis of such error in that text. Not to mention that her teachings say that God the Father had literal physical sex with Mary to procreate Jesus.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She's trying to justify her errant beliefs in Christ in her Mormonism, telling herself "it's OK to believe what I want, I'm a nice person &c &c &c." And "We just have differing opinions, &c &c &c."

In other words, today people think they can believe whatever they want and still be "Christian."

John 8:24 gives an "academic understanding of God" that actually is a prerequisite for salvation. She does not believe in the Biblical Person of Christ. Jesus gives the solemn prognosis of such error in that text. Not to mention that her teachings say that God the Father had literal physical sex with Mary to procreate Jesus.
Your mind reading powers are solely failing you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so you believe passing a theology test is necessary for salvation?
(Not hating, just trying to understand)

So you believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are all one person, correct?
How does your view differ from modalism?
First no hating, this we can assure you, second glad you seek understanding. here it is. the Lord Jesus is "ANOTHER" of God himself in flesh. this is bored out in the Greek term G 243 allos. listen, my source, Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. so what is "another" or a numerical difference 1 Father, 2 Son. but the SAME"SORT", listen to the definition of Sort, dictionary.com 1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature. 2. character, quality, or nature.

Jesus is the expressed "IMAGE/character" of God himself in flesh. listen to what "character" means, biblically. G5207, huios (SON), It is often used metaphorically of prominent
moral characteristics. descendants, without reference to sex. those who manifest a certain character.

see the term Son is not biological, listen the Term "Holy Spirit... "Holy" is God
character, "Spirit" is his NATURE. the term Holy Spirit tells us who the Father and the son is. my god how easy. please examine those term we gave, G243 allos, ANOTHER and G5207 huios, SON.

I really don't have the time nor space here to really teach this. but these bit can be put together and you will know and understand.

PICJAG.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, you said that the Spirit of God is God... right, ... right. now according to Philippians 2:7 who is it that G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') himself there?.

PICJAG.
Ok 101G...

One version of it:

(Php 2:7) but poured himself out, taking the mental attitude of a servant, and was the made just the same as all ordinary men.

As Jesus was the mental and external mosaic image and in the spirit of his Father from birth, he yielded his will completely to his Father, and continued, even today. In order for Jesus to show and do his Father’s will and not his own will he had to become a servant to him. We as believers sometimes struggle to be a constant servant of the Father. We still have an imperfect spirit, even though a new creature today. It was easy for Jesus to yield to his Father because he was born with a spirit that reflected the full attributes of his Father. He was a perfect copy and his love was pure.

Now ‘kenoo’ is of Jesus’ spirit of course. Yes, his spirit is of God in the first place...

Bless you,

APAK

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First no hading, this we can assure you, second glad you seek understanding.
*thumbs up*
here it is. the Lord Jesus is "ANOTHER" of God himself in flesh. this is bored out in the Greek term G 243 allos. listen, my source, Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. so what is "another" or a numerical difference 1 Father, 2 Son. but the SAME"SORT", listen to the definition of Sort, dictionary.com 1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature. 2. character, quality, or nature.

Jesus is the expressed "IMAGE/character" of God himself in flesh. listen to what "character" means, biblically. G5207, huios (SON), It is often used metaphorically of prominent
moral characteristics. descendants, without reference to sex. those who manifest a certain character.

see the term Son is not biological, listen the Term "Holy Spirit... "Holy" is God
character, "Spirit" is his NATURE. the term Holy Spirit tells us who the Father and the son is. my god how easy. please examine those term we gave, G243 allos, ANOTHER and G5207 huios, SON.

I really don't have the time nor space here to really teach this. but these bit can be put together and you will know and understand.

PICJAG.
I am not understanding you here, I admit.
Here: do you believe the Father and Son are the same person? Like does Christ pray to himself or a different person?

Also, would you mind addressing my other question: do you believe that passing an academic theology test necessary for salvation?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Jesus was the mental and external mosaic image and in the spirit of his Father from birth
I must stop you here because Jesus before coming in Flesh is Spirit, listen, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God"

let's take this one step at a time.

BEING: existence always, and that form is eternally, by nature, (FORM), not external, for God is Spirit, not ecternal form, but the same NATURE/Form. so what which was "BORN" was not God, meaning the Spirit. so let's get this stright first.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not understanding you here, I admit.
n
no problem, just glad you are asking.
Here: do you believe the Father and Son are the same person? Like does Christ pray to himself or a different person
Jesus never prayed to, to, to the father, he prayed the father, if "to" only in intercessory for someone else. which what the Holy Ghost do. listen, Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered".

Ok, you say the Spirit is God, alright who is he praying to? he's God almighty. understand, prayer is only communication, a talk.
Also, would you mind addressing my other question: do you believe that passing an academic theology test necessary for salvation?
we'll let God answer that for you, Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

PICJAG.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

P4T: I see you are doing what you believe others do, of different beliefs as yours.

In John 3:11

(Joh 3:11) Truly, truly, I say to you: We speak that which we know and testify of that which we have seen; and you do not welcome our witness.

Now this is verse is not so hard to understand if we already know that Jesus is in the Father as the Father is in him. This occurred began at Jesus’ birth and then increased in intensity after his Baptism with more power of the Father. When Christ witnessed to someone on earth the Father was aware of thought as he commanded it through his spirit. They were then both aware of the same witnessing.

John 5:19; 10:25, 38……

(Joh 5:19) Jesus therefore answered and said to them: Truly, truly, I say to you: The Son can do nothing of himself but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever works He does, these the Son does in like manner.

(Joh 10:25) Jesus answered them: I told you and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name, these testify of me.

(Joh 10:38) But if I do them, though you do not believe me, believe the works; that you may know and understand, that the Father is in me and I in

Bless you,

APAK

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jane, tommorrow, we will try to get some information to you that might get you started to understand our position better. ok.

PICJAG.