The Nephilim giants

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Nephilim are only mentioned by name twice in the bible.

When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown Genesis 6:1-4

All the people we saw there are of great size. We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.” Numbers 13:32-33

Nearly all of the ancient civilizations had stories about giants. In the 18th and 19th centuries there were many reports of giant fossils being found but it seems the museums that acquired them never put them on display.

Here are some giants that have been found and documented over time
bandicam-2020-08-08-00-05-28-880.jpg

Here is one that was found in Bulgaria not long ago
bandicam-2020-08-08-00-06-10-139.jpg

Giant Skeleton Found In Bulgaria. Who Were These Giants?

I've always been interested in ancient megalithic structures. The pyramids in Egypt are the most famous but there are big megaliths and monoliths all across the globe and they've puzzled man throughout the ages...
Could these giants we know as the Nephilim be responsible for such magnificent structures?
bandicam-2020-08-08-00-06-36-684.jpg

How were they able to work and move such massive stones. The one below is one of the biggest stones ever moved. It's estimated to weigh 1,000 tonnes and there are several of them that make up this foundation which is ancient. The Romans later built their own structure on it as well.
bandicam-2020-08-08-00-12-55-870.jpg

Here is an odd finding, a giant size bowl. I can't imagine what an average size person would do with this. Perhaps it belonged to a giant, his soup bowl or maybe even a cup...
bandicam-2020-08-08-00-07-11-762.jpg

I watched a great documentary on giants. It was good because they cited heaps of newspaper articles from around the 18th century but i couldn't find it to paste on here for u guys...

So what do you guys think happened to these giants? Please feel free to share any more information as well

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead in the flood, for the most part, others were killed by Israel when they were coming into their land.

Another interesting search through Scripture is of the rapha.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy and Scoot

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown Genesis 6:1-4

All the people we saw there are of great size. We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.” Numbers 13:32-33

Nearly all of the ancient civilizations had stories about giants. In the 18th and 19th centuries there were many reports of giant fossils being found but it seems the museums that acquired them never put them on display.

I've always been interested in ancient megalithic structures. The pyramids in Egypt are the most famous but there are big megaliths and monoliths all across the globe and they've puzzled man throughout the ages...
Could these giants we know as the Nephilim be responsible for such magnificent structures?

How were they able to work and move such massive stones. The one below is one of the biggest stones ever moved. It's estimated to weigh 1,000 tonnes and there are several of them that make up this foundation which is ancient. The Romans later built their own structure on it as well.

Here is an odd finding, a giant size bowl. I can't imagine what an average size person would do with this. Perhaps it belonged to a giant, his soup bowl or maybe even a cup...

I watched a great documentary on giants. It was good because they cited heaps of newspaper articles from around the 18th century but i couldn't find it to paste on here for u guys...

So what do you guys think happened to these giants? Please feel free to share any more information as well
"After the finding of the bones, the legend of the king Teutobochus, which was thought to be the Teuton king defeated by Caius Marius, spread despite analysis by anatomist Jean Riolan the Younger, who ascribed the bones to one of Hannibal's elephants. Three centuries later, the zoologist Henri Marie Ducrotay de Blainville analyzed the bones and concluded they came from a mastodon. Finally in the 1980s, the paleontologist Léonard Ginsburg [fr] analyzed a plaster mold from Paris' Muséum national d'histoire naturelle, that came from the giant bones, and identified a deinotherium. The bones are housed in the Gallery of Paleontology and Comparative Anatomy.[3]"

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think David wiped out a lot of the ones that remained. I don't see them as people -- they were not humans.

They posed a threat to the entire world. If Messiah was to come through Israel later to bring salvation to the whole world, then Israel needed to survive; and the nephilim therefore instinctively hated Israel and wanted to wipe them out. Their theory was if they could wipe out Israel, they could defeat God's plan. David doesn't use the word nephilim, but that's who I think he was talking about when he wrote this:

Psalm 104:35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the Lord, O my soul. Praise ye the Lord.

By defeating them, David brought down the authority of God to the earth. That was a permanent win: The authority of the throne established, with its foundations on the earth, would exist forever.

Reactions: Nancy

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dead in the flood, for the most part, others were killed by Israel when they were coming into their land.

Another interesting search through Scripture is of the rapha.

Much love!

The interesting is that these giant fossils and megalithic structures havê been found all around the world. The structures in South America are some of the most amazing in the way those stones are cut and fit. Like the pyramids no one knows for certain how they were built

Reactions: Nancy and marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Concerning the giants of ‘high stature’ Nephilim, always found this helpful

Numbers 13:30-32 And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. [31] But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. Consider verse 31 with 1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

[32] And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; (a land that eats up the inhabitants thereof...sound familiar? Galatians 5:15)and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
Consider Zacchaeus Luke 19:3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.

Matthew 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? Ephesians 4:12-13

Point being, not sure ‘put on the whole armour of God’ or ‘our weapons are not carnal but mighty for the pulling down of strongholds’... has to do with visibly tall people.

Ephesians 6:11-12 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. [12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
I think all religion before the great flood of Noah was related to the Greek. Those Nephilim giants were the children of Uranus.
And in all babylonians and egyptian gods had worshiped all Greek gods :
I think Jesus was associated with Uranus and Gaia as the Sky Father. Because the crucifixion of Jesus had taken over the underworld ruler from the Hades (Revelation 1:17-18). And Adam & Eve was related with them.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
addressing the OP only,
we disagree with that assessment, and here's why.
Genesis 6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown”.
The key phrase in the verse is, “the same, (giants), became mighty men”. there is our first step in identifying who these Giants/Nephilim are. these giants/Nephilim became know as "MIGHTY MEN". knowing that, let's zero in on "MIGHTY MEN". the definition, Mighty Men: H1368 גִּבּוֹר gibbowr (ghib-bore') adj, here mean, גִּבֹּר gibbor (ghib-bore') [shortened]
1. powerful. 2. (by implication) a warrior, tyrant. [intensive from the same as H1397]
KJV: champion, chief, X excel, giant, man, mighty (man, one), strong (man), valiant man.
The KJV can translate the Nephilim, the Giants also as a man, but notice “MIGHTY MAN”

Understand, our term Giant/Nephilim identifies what we’re looking for in this topic in two types of mighty men.

A. “Mighty Men” in valor. warriors
B. Mighty Men in Stature. Height

So our first clue tells us to look for “ mighty men” in the bible, either of A. in valor. B. in Stature/Height.

and the term "Mighty man" or "Mighty men" is mention more than twice in the bible. it just what to look for, example, 2 Samuel 23:8 "These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time."

and David himself was a mighty man ... in valor. 1 Samuel 29:5 "Is not this David, of whom they sang one to another in dances, saying, Saul slew his thousands, and David his ten thousands?" and remember it was David who fought and killed Goliath, when all the men of Israel in the army was afraid of Goliath. and Goliath was not only a warrior, but a giant in height, around 9 and 1/2 ft tall. some basketball players today are over 7 and close to 8 ft tall. so Goliath stood out in 5 to 6 ft men.

PICJAG

PS these Giants in the bible came from natural earth men and women... no angelic involvement. these Giants, even Goliath can be trace back to human parents.

Reactions: Waiting on him

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say they were, but all angels are pure spirits, in other words they have no bodies.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I did not say they were, but all angels are pure spirits, in other words they have no bodies.

Where is that written? Look at Jesus after the resurrection, he has a body Thomas was able to touch and yet he could appear in locked rooms. Likewise I believe Angels also have a physical presence they can put on and off.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God not an angel.

The angels can appear as having bodies, but only if God allows it.

Psalm 104:4
Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 6 refers to marriage and Jesus says angels don’t marry

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is that written? Look at Jesus after the resurrection, he has a body Thomas was able to touch and yet he could appear in locked rooms. Likewise I believe Angels also have a physical presence they can put on and off.
Correct! The spiritual being must put on some kind of physical nature to interact in the physical realm. God used a burning bush to speak to Moses....why didn't He just speak without the Bush?
God uses us...His vessels...to manifest His power through.
Why do demons inhabit humans? To manifest their evil through and to be able to interact with the humans in the physical realm.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and lforrest

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Jesus is God not an angel.

The angels can appear as having bodies, but only if God allows it.

Psalm 104:4
Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

If the rebellious Angels wait for permission would they still be rebellious?

The apocryphal book of Enoch, which is referenced in the NT describes these rebels and their offspring.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the rebellious Angels wait for permission would they still be rebellious?

The apocryphal book of Enoch, which is referenced in the NT describes these rebels and their offspring.
I read that the reason the Book of Enoch was not included in scripture was because they couldn't validate it's authenticity.

Reactions: Nancy and lforrest

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Angels -- when mentioned in Scripture -- generally appear as men, with human bodies and human speech. And fallen angels did have intercourse with human women according to Genesis 6, otherwise they would not presently be chained in Tartarus (mistakenly called "hell") -- the prison for angels "which kept not their first estate" (or "the angels that sinned".

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the angels cannot have sex or be married, they rebelled against God yes