The New Birth: Born Again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rule number one. You DO NOT make a doctrine out of one verse of scripture.

I do NOT MAKE Jesus' Doctrine. It is plain for all interested to hear and read.

My post was not a quote of Scripture, but rather a question intended for any reader to search the Scriptures for the answer.

The OP is about a NEW BIRTH, but has drifted into Baptisms...types...and necessity.

Mankind is Naturally a "SEE to Believe" creature.

"Literal" CHANGES the Lord God MAKES "in" a man are UNSEEN "spiritual" CHANGES.

Men Saw Jesus immersed IN water.
Men Saw a Dove land ON Jesus.

^ That which men Saw is spoken by men, (in a superficial way).
As Jesus did that, so must I.

When in Fact, when one studies the Scriptures...
Jesus came to Earth, in the Likeness as a "faithful humble servant sinless man".
(Without "reputation")
Teaching Earthly men HOW TO Become (soul Saved and spirit Born Again)...now/ then/ now...at any time during a man's Natural (flesh and blood) life-time.
(Jesus accomplished teaching men How, while satisfying man's Natural "nature of Seeing to Believe")

The Water immersion...is mans "satisfication" to See.
The Dove landing on Jesus...is mans "satisfication" to See.

When IN fact...the Dove landing Jesus...was the exact moment of Notification...
That Jesus' "reputation" was come Down from Heaven and Revealed.
"He IS The the Holy Spirit", the Christ Messiah, POWER of God, the WISDOM of God, SEED of God, with Authority, to Quicken (save the SOUL AND Plant Gods SEED in any man He determines IS worthy to Receive and Be Spiritually Changed and Acceptable to to be Raised Bodily ALive Forever in the presence of the Lord God).

Water Baptism has not changed. It is still an OUTWARD sign to satisfy men's EYES.

Spiritual Baptism has not changed. It is still an INWARD "UNSEEN" immersion of the man being immerged IN the Spirit of God.

Point Being:
Men can DO multiple things that other men CAN SEE.
It IS the UNSEEN works the Lord God Does WithIN a man, that Changes a man, to Make a man become reconciled with the Lord God, Once and Forever.

Again, satisfying men's eyes...Jesus taught to "observe" what an outward man does, to gain some knowledge of what that INWARD man IS Like. (Like the World? Or Like Jesus).

Eph: 4
[4] There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
[5] One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
[6] One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

And what is THAT ^ one baptism ?

Mark 1:
[8] I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Glory to God,
Taken

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do NOT MAKE Jesus' Doctrine. It is plain for all interested to hear and read.

My post was not a quote of Scripture, but rather a question intended for any reader to search the Scriptures for the answer.

The OP is about a NEW BIRTH, but has drifted into Baptisms...types...and necessity.

Mankind is Naturally a "SEE to Believe" creature.

"Literal" CHANGES the Lord God MAKES "in" a man are UNSEEN "spiritual" CHANGES.

Men Saw Jesus immersed IN water.
Men Saw a Dove land ON Jesus.

^ That which men Saw is spoken by men, (in a superficial way).
As Jesus did that, so must I.

When in Fact, when one studies the Scriptures...
Jesus came to Earth, in the Likeness as a "faithful humble servant sinless man".
(Without "reputation")
Teaching Earthly men HOW TO Become (soul Saved and spirit Born Again)...now/ then/ now...at any time during a man's Natural (flesh and blood) life-time.
(Jesus accomplished teaching men How, while satisfying man's Natural "nature of Seeing to Believe")

The Water immersion...is mans "satisfication" to See.
The Dove landing on Jesus...is mans "satisfication" to See.

When IN fact...the Dove landing Jesus...was the exact moment of Notification...
That Jesus' "reputation" was come Down from Heaven and Revealed.
"He IS The the Holy Spirit", the Christ Messiah, POWER of God, the WISDOM of God, SEED of God, with Authority, to Quicken (save the SOUL AND Plant Gods SEED in any man He determines IS worthy to Receive and Be Spiritually Changed and Acceptable to to be Raised Bodily ALive Forever in the presence of the Lord God).

Water Baptism has not changed. It is still an OUTWARD sign to satisfy men's EYES.

Spiritual Baptism has not changed. It is still an INWARD "UNSEEN" immersion of the man being immerged IN the Spirit of God.

Point Being:
Men can DO multiple things that other men CAN SEE.
It IS the UNSEEN works the Lord God Does WithIN a man, that Changes a man, to Make a man become reconciled with the Lord God, Once and Forever.

Again, satisfying men's eyes...Jesus taught to "observe" what an outward man does, to gain some knowledge of what that INWARD man IS Like. (Like the World? Or Like Jesus).

Eph: 4
[4] There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
[6] One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

And what is THAT ^ one baptism ?

Mark 1:
[8] I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Glory to God,
Taken

Your anti-water-baptism doctrine is so... wrong, you just don't know it, yet.

Acts 2:37-38
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
KJV

The gift of The Holy Spirit doesn't come upon many until they admit Christ Jesus in public and are baptized in water. I'd say that is so for the majority. So if you have yet to be water baptized, I strongly suggest you do it before it's too late.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Acts 2:37-38
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
KJV

The gift of The Holy Spirit doesn't come upon many until they admit Christ Jesus in public and are baptized in water. I'd say that is so for the majority. So if you have yet to be water baptized, I strongly suggest you do it before it's too late.

Your Opinion and Understanding does not Sway me.

Water Baptism Does NOT Save a man's soul, but it Does satisfy men's Eyes.

Public Water Baptism satisfies men's Eyes.

Only Being Baptized by the Holy Spirit Saves a man's soul...and that One Act is performed BY God, UNSEEN by men's Eyes.

A man neither needs to be immersed IN Water or Make a Public Announcement To Become Made soul Saved.

A man Alone in a dessert, Can call on the Lord and IN the presence of The man, The Son and The Father and Confess "a heartfelt Belief" and Receive the The Lord Gods Gift of salvation of the man's soul.

And by the same token, men WITHOUT heartfelt belief Can "arrange" a Water Baptism, before a multitude of eye witnessing men, confess a Non-Heartfelt belief...and NOT Receive The Lord Gods Gift of salvation of the man's soul.

Men CAN be fooled.
God CAN NOT be fooled.

God does not Gift men with His Gifts...through Trickery of men.

To be clear...I am NOT saying Water Baptism IS Trickery.
Clearly the Point is attributing "Trickery" to "some" individual men, confessing a lie.

A Water Baptism Satisfies men.
A Baptism of the Holy Spirit Satisfies God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: mjrhealth

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Only Being Baptized by the Holy Spirit Saves a man's soul...and that One Act is performed BY God, UNSEEN by men's Eyes.

A man neither needs to be immersed IN Water or Make a Public Announcement To Become Made soul Saved.

A man Alone in a dessert, Can call on the Lord and IN the presence of The man, The Son and The Father and Confess "a heartfelt Belief" and Receive the The Lord Gods Gift of salvation of the man's soul.

And by the same token, men WITHOUT heartfelt belief Can "arrange" a Water Baptism, before a multitude of eye witnessing men, confess a Non-Heartfelt belief...and NOT Receive The Lord Gods Gift of salvation of the man's soul.

Men CAN be fooled.
God CAN NOT be fooled.

Clearly the Point is attributing "Trickery" to "some" individual men, confessing a lie.

Glory to God,
Taken

Your words and lack of understanding betray you. You really need... to go get baptized.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was only one church that manifested those things??? What kind of lie is that??? That video was clear how those manifestations are spreading in several countries across the globe! How can you lie to yourself like that? Just your mentioning Todd Bentley shows you did watch at least part of that video which reveals this happening in many of those type churches, and not just in the U.S. And the unknown gibberish tongue some claim is of The Holy Spirit has been around for a long, long time. So who are you trying to fool?

That's a very old video I watched decades ago.

Reactions: Davy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your words and lack of understanding betray you. You really need... to go get baptized.
No one should be immersed in Jesus , buried and raised in newness of life, until they are convicted of sin and of righteousness and want to be raised with Him, Alive, "for righteousness sake" as He Says,
as He Directs..

i.e. not as instituted by some religious cause or reason , which is/are/ so much more prevalent and may be without effect .... (God Knows what has effect and what has no effect in spirit and in truth).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Already am.

Eph 4:

Glory to God,
Taken

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Men CAN be fooled.
God CAN NOT be fooled.

Glory to God,
Taken

REPENT and be BAPTISED for the remission of sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. What do you not understand about that?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REPENT and be BAPTISED for the remission of sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
What do you not understand about that?

Perhaps you could be more explicit about "your" understanding of "that"...

To WHOM does one Repent?
WHAT does REPENT mean to You?
WHO does the Forgiving?
WHAT sins Expressly are the HIGHLIGHT being Forgiven?
WHO is the Baptizer?
WHAT is the Baptizer Baptizing WITH?
Do you KEEP the "thing" you are Baptized "WITH"?
If you do Keep it...Where DO you Keep it?

What DO you understand about "that"?

Glory to God,
Taken

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
REPENT and be BAPTISED for the remission of sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. What do you not understand about that?
I guess you missed this bit

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

I guess some have a dispute with God...

Reactions: amadeus and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you missed this bit

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

I guess some have a dispute with God...

Agree.

Many people (including clerics) give an Outward (satisfactory, to the Eyes of men) "Appearence" they Believe...
When Inwardly, they Do Not Believe.

There have been "studies" with (unnamed, to secure their Secret) of Clerics who volunteered to participate (with anonymity) in a study of them answering Candid questions.

They Routinely attend Church, Teach and Preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that They do Not Believe.
They lead Prayers with words They Do Not Believe.
They counsel others with words They Do Not Believe.
They Express Fear of their Deception being Discovered and Exposed.
They Express being Depressed and Isolated by keeping their Deception hidden.
They Express coping with their Depression with Alcohol and Drugs.
Their contentment is Enjoying the Perks and Respect and Power of their Position..."Greater than" than being Disrespected and Ousted, Because they ARE Frauds.

Jesus said you will know them by their Fruits.
A cleric, speaking Scriptural words, is Not Confirmation the cleric himself Believes Jesus' words.

A cleric seen or known to be drinking Alcohol is not suspicious.
A cleric seen or known taking prescription Depression Drugs is not suspicious.
A cleric continually exhibiting Depression and continual dependency on alcohol and drugs IS Suspicious.
A cleric (or any person) Who Does NOT affirm his own Belief in what he IS Saying IS Suspicious.

Many men may be fooled.
God is NOT fooled.

John the Baptist's Water Baptism, "never claimed to Save a man."

Jesus taught Confession of heartfelt Belief OF WHO and Belief in WHAT, Saves a man.

Rom 10
[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: mjrhealth

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people (including clerics) give an Outward (satisfactory, to the Eyes of men) "Appearence" they Believe...
When Inwardly, they Do Not Believe.
mjrh ADMITS he does not believe - there is no question, he does not pretend to believe.
There is "appearance" that he believes when people do not read all of his own words, his own posts,
they can be and may be deceived by his other posts. (all of them actually)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrh ADMITS he does not believe - there is no question, he does not pretend to believe.
There is "appearance" that he believes when people do not read all of his own words, his own posts,
they can be and may be deceived by his other posts. (all of them actually)

Disagree.

mjrhealth -
I believe in the risen Lord, the Living God and the leading of the Holy Spirit. There shall be no other God before me. NONE. Not even the bible.

I have neither heard or seen him stand Against Belief In the Lord God Almighty.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have neither heard or seen him stand Against Belief In the Lord God Almighty.
So ?
There are way more than two witnesses, including himself - his own words - as witnesses against him.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Try using Facts before making Judgements.

Anti-Water-Baptism IS being AGAINST the practice of Water-Baptism!

Never Once have I Said I was Against Water-Baptism!

Never Once have I said a person should Not Be Water-Baptized.

Never Once have I berated anyone who was Water Baptised or who promotes Water Baptism is necessary.

I Do Not Agree Water-Baptism IS Necessary and PLAINLY said so AND Why.

Learn the difference between Being Against something and not Agreeing with something.

If you want to be dipped in a water Baptism ...
So what? I don't agree that is necessary to become Saved or care that you do think it is necessary.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So ?
There are way more than two witnesses, including himself - his own words - as witnesses against him.

So? You said:

mjrh ADMITS he does not believe

Why are you telling me in your words?

If That supposed Admission is so important for you to Tell me... why not Quote "his" own words?

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not at all important for you.

What are you not getting?

You are making an accusation about another poster.
You are claiming your accusation is True in his own words.

What is important to me...is not hearsay.
But Facts.
You said he made the Admission.
So show me his words making that Admission.
If you can't, say so...and drop the subject.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one not reading his own posts, and you are the one harping over and over and over that you did not read his posts...
you drop it.