The New Birth: Born Again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your hatred and contempt and total misunderstanding of God's Word shows me your fruit and of what spirit.

No! It is YOU that is totally out of line with your vain babbling false accusations! You show you are not to be trusted with God's Word. Your credibility in God's Word is completely shot.

Reactions: Joseph77

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep writing it correctly, but don't grasp what HEARD means. The Holy Spirit could allow you to understand, but you won't allow Him in. The carnal you believes it was natural hearing and can't grasp it was supernatural. Both the speaking AND the hearing were supernatural which is why the mockers couldn't understand and thought they were drunk/gibberish.

It is YOUR carnal nature that is NOT allowing The Holy Spirit to get through to you.

When Acts 2 says each person there heard in their OWN dialects of their language of birth, that means a 'natural hearing' just like everyday speech! YOU are falsely trying to make it something else, simply because you want to CHANGE the Scripture, just so you won't feel guilt for speaking a gibberish unknown tongue from ANOTHER spirit.

The gibberish unknown tongue some brethren claim... is of The Holy Spirit is also spoken by pagans of other religions! This was shown in the Kundalini Warning video I posted. Here it is again:

Also, the SAME manifestations pseudo-churches claim is from The Holy Spirit are also found manifesting in foreign pagan religions (like in the video examples), falling around on the floor, making animal noises, uncontrollable jerking, gibberish speech, etc. IF that was proof of The Holy Spirit, then what is it doing manifesting in PAGAN RELIGIONS ALSO???

The simple matter is that those manifestations ARE NOT of The Holy Spirit. They are of ANOTHER spirit. And we were warned about those things particularly for the end (2 Corinthians 11; 2 Thessalonians 2:8-9; Matthew 24:24; 2 Timothy 3:13; 2 Peter 2:1-2; Revelation 13:11-14; 1 John 4:1-2; 1 Timothy 4:1-2).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe. I don't.

The Scripture says nothing about water.
However the Scripture is explicit...those who received the Word with Gladness...were Baptized.

You cannot just slap the context of John 3 everywhere else. I well understand Jesus was speaking of the water of woman's womb in John 3. But you cannot just slap that context into Peter's command in Acts 2.

1 Cor 1:13-17
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
KJV

None of that is about any idea of laying on hands to baptize. It is simply about being baptized by water, the method then being fully immersed in water.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot just slap the context of John 3 everywhere else. I well understand Jesus was speaking of the water of woman's womb in John 3. But you cannot just slap that context into Peter's command in Acts 2.

1 Cor 1:13-17
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
KJV

That ^^ Applies to Paul.

None of that is about any idea of laying on hands to baptize. It is simply about being baptized by water, the method then being fully immersed in water.

I know what a water baptism IS, and never said anything about laying on of hands.
So that comment was irrelevant.

You appear to believe water baptism is necessary, I don't.

Matt 28:
[19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

That ^^ Applies to the Eleven Disciples.

Glory to God,
Taken

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read further: Matthew 28:20 (Wuest - The New Testament: An Expanded Translation) teaching them to be attending to carefully, holding firmly to, and observing all, whatever things I enjoined upon you. And behold, as for myself, with you I am all the days until the consummation of the age.

Jesus disciples immersed in water, as Jesus "enjoined upon" them. continually.

"attending to carefully, holding firmly to, and observing all...." and so they did, until corrupt leaders took over ....

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, water baptism is necessary, for those who are able and have no excuse. That means the majority of us. Our Lord Jesus set the example, so there's no reason (except in a near death state) to not do it. And it's actually kind of silly to deny it, since it has ever been part of Christian history since His 1st coming and His Own baptism in water by John the Baptist. So just WHO... would want us to not... get baptized of water in Jesus' Name? Who would even be behind the start of such a anti-baptize doctrine? Certainly not our Lord Jesus.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, water baptism is necessary, for those who are able and have no excuse. That means the majority of us. Our Lord Jesus set the example, so there's no reason (except in a near death state) to not do it. And it's actually kind of silly to deny it, since it has ever been part of Christian history since His 1st coming and His Own baptism in water by John the Baptist. So just WHO... would want us to not... get baptized of water in Jesus' Name?

So when we're the Disciples Water Baptized?

Who would even be behind the start of such a anti-baptize doctrine? Certainly not our Lord Jesus.

No clue.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: bbyrd009

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when we're the Disciples Water Baptized?

No clue.

Glory to God,
Taken

Mark 1:4-5
4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.
KJV

Wycliffe on Matt 3:5-6:
"John's preaching accorded with the mood of expectancy that had gripped many hearts, and caused a general enthusiasm to hear him, as indicated by all. As they came, they were being baptized to indicate acceptance of his message. Baptism was practiced by Jews when making proselytes, and for remedial and purifying purposes; and thus the outward form was no innovation by John, although the significance was new. Even the Qumran community observed a ritualistic baptism, though certainly not for the same reason that John baptized" (W. S. LaSor, Amazing Dead Sea Scrolls, pp. 205,206)
(from The Wycliffe Bible Commentary, Electronic Database. Copyright (c) 1962 by Moody Press)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is YOUR carnal nature that is NOT allowing The Holy Spirit to get through to you.

When Acts 2 says each person there heard in their OWN dialects of their language of birth, that means a 'natural hearing' just like everyday speech! YOU are falsely trying to make it something else, simply because you want to CHANGE the Scripture, just so you won't feel guilt for speaking a gibberish unknown tongue from ANOTHER spirit.

The gibberish unknown tongue some brethren claim... is of The Holy Spirit is also spoken by pagans of other religions! This was shown in the Kundalini Warning video I posted. Here it is again:

Also, the SAME manifestations pseudo-churches claim is from The Holy Spirit are also found manifesting in foreign pagan religions (like in the video examples), falling around on the floor, making animal noises, uncontrollable jerking, gibberish speech, etc. IF that was proof of The Holy Spirit, then what is it doing manifesting in PAGAN RELIGIONS ALSO???

The simple matter is that those manifestations ARE NOT of The Holy Spirit. They are of ANOTHER spirit. And we were warned about those things particularly for the end (2 Corinthians 11; 2 Thessalonians 2:8-9; Matthew 24:24; 2 Timothy 3:13; 2 Peter 2:1-2; Revelation 13:11-14; 1 John 4:1-2; 1 Timothy 4:1-2).

I agree that the Kundalini spirit is of the devil. But there was only one church that had that manifestation. The pastor, Todd Bentley, had an affair with his seducing secretary, divorced his wife and married this witch. It is she that started this manifestation in the church. Someone would be a fool to believe this goes on in every Pentecostal church.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are in a prayerful situation and focused on Jesus surely then you wouldn't come out with a 'fake' tongue.

When I pray in tongues it doesn't sound like gibberish to me, it sounds like a proper language with sentences, commas and full stops. And even it does sound like gibberish to anybody else I'm certain that God understands it.
Amen, sister!
Give God the glory!

Reactions: Pearl

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when i was a child i gurgled and cooed like a child, but when i became a man i put away childish things
how did you do that?

Heard, Believed...
Trusted Jesus is the Truth...
Surrendered and Asked for what He Offered.

Glory to God,
Taken

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>2 " makes >2 "

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes I see that. Thanks for the heads up.
They are certainly free to deny it if they so choose, but they will be without excuse on that great day. The very least they have heard the truth.

I know this is not a popular message, but it is a necessary one. Folks are on the wide broad path that leads them to destruction. It is obvious that this is a very narrow message and few will except it.

Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

But wait, it gets more narrow...

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Some folks will only go so far, just to where they're comfortable, and that's it.

I like your last sentence. Very appropriate.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
True.
If water baptism was Required...how did one man, without a water baptism, hanging next to Jesus, go to Paradise?

Glory to God,
Taken
Rule number one. You DO NOT make a doctrine out of one verse of scripture.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that the Kundalini spirit is of the devil. But there was only one church that had that manifestation. The pastor, Todd Bentley, had an affair with his seducing secretary, divorced his wife and married this witch. It is she that started this manifestation in the church. Someone would be a fool to believe this goes on in every Pentecostal church.

There was only one church that manifested those things??? What kind of lie is that??? That video was clear how those manifestations are spreading in several countries across the globe! How can you lie to yourself like that? Just your mentioning Todd Bentley shows you did watch at least part of that video which reveals this happening in many of those type churches, and not just in the U.S. And the unknown gibberish tongue some claim is of The Holy Spirit has been around for a long, long time. So who are you trying to fool?