The Only Problem With The Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
infant baptism

acts 2:38-39 this promise is to you’re children!!!

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized
It does not say “accept infants”

Lk 2:10-11 savior to all people

Jn 1:16-17 all have received

Sacraments instituted by Christ for the salvation of souls!

Not by “faith alone”
“Faith alone” not biblical
“Faith alone” never given in prophesy in the OT.
You may think “Accept Jesus Christ as you personal Lord and savior” is biblical but there is no such verse in your bible!

Faith and the sacraments in the church founded by the authority Christ on Peter and the apostles is biblical!

Faith and baptism is the biblical initiation into the new covenant and member is Christ and His holy church!
Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

You cannot enter a covenant by “faith alone” must be a ritual outward sign!
Faith and baptism! Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Merits of christ’s passion, death, and precious blood are applied in the sacraments! Jn 1:16

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Lk 1: 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 & Jn 10:16 one fold

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9 why persecute me?

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Sacraments are the fruit of the sacrifice!
The holy sacrifice of Christ, His passion, blood, and death producing unlimited fruits of divine grace, actual and sanctifying grace! Jn 1:29 Jn 1:16-17 Jn 10:10

“This promise” (sacred oath of God or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Jn 1:5-5 abide in Him, apart from Him you can do nothing.

Jn 10:10 life, (grace more abundantly)
Jn 1: 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Thru the sacraments!

God provides for everything:
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He is the way we must follow!
He is the truth we must believe!
He is the life, life of grace thru the sacraments of the church in which we must live!

Abide in Christ and His church with grace and life provided by God thru the sacraments!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. But infant baptism is invalid because baptism requires a heart felt dedication to God through Christ. It also requires full immersion as Jesus and John the Baptist demonstrated. It has great significance.

There is no proxy arrangement. One has to choose to become a disciple of Christ first, and then their baptism means something. An infant cannot choose and no one can choose for them. Up to the age of accountability, children are counted in with their believing parents.

Like we are told to "put on the new personality", (Ephesians 4:22, 24) so Christians are to 'wear' Jesus like a garment. They strive to imitate his qualities and actions to such an extent that they become a reflection—even if imperfect—of their Master. (1 Thessalonians 1:6)

Oh please.....there is no such Mary Immaculate. She was a sinful human like any other offspring of Adam. (Romans 5:12) There is no exception for Mary.
When Jesus was presented at the Temple, Mary and Joseph made sin offerings for themselves according to the Law. (Luke 2:22-24; Leviticus 12:8)

Hebrews 13:8 says....."Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever." What is this saying? Was Jesus in existence before he was conceived in Mary's womb?
Actually, the child who became the man Jesus Christ, came into existence at his conception...an act of God's Spirit.
Up until that time, there was no Jesus, and he did not become the "Christ" (anointed one) until the age of 30 when he was baptized.

If Paul is saying that Jesus is like his Father, (unchangeable) then he will be so forever. "Forever" does not mean "eternal"...it means that something that comes into existence can last indefinitely. That is what God's first purpose was for mankind. To bring humans into existence and then to ensure that they never died....living forever, right here on this earth. No mention was ever made of going to heaven. (or hell)

Yes...but not "the mother of God". Mary has no such status in scripture...in fact very little is written about her.

Isn't that where the Pharisees went wrong? They too substituted tradition for the word of God and Jesus did not have a good word to say about them.
Matthew 15:7-9...
"You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy about you, by saying:

8 ‘This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far away from Me.
9 And in vain do they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

No tradition of men overrides the words of God in the sacred scriptures.
Your traditions carry no weight with anyone but your fellow Catholics.
There is "One Lord, one Faith, one Baptism"...but I certainly can't see that its the Catholic faith. Like Judaism, there is way too much deviation away from the teachings of the Master.

No church has been corrupted so thoroughly, over such a long period of time, but the judge is coming soon and everything will be put right.
Bring it on....

church are s a divine institution founded by christ on Peter matt 16:18
To attack the church is to attack Christ
Christ and his church are one 9:4

matt 16:18-19 SHALL NOT PREVAIL!!!!!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is everywhere two or more gather in His name. The only way this is possible is for Jesus to be God the Son, and He is omnipresent. Matthew 18:20

Paul said it’s a mystery that Jesus dwells IN.us, and once again, that means He’s omnipresent, and is divinity. Colossians 1:27

Jesus dwells in our hearts when we have faith in Him Ephesians 3:17. Omnipresence required.

Maranatha

Mary immaculate!

It is morally impossible for God the Holy Spirit to conceive in a sinner!

Mary must be consecrated to God’s service!

Anything consecrated to God’s service must be Holy, pure, set apart and not used for another purpose, immaculate!

Lk 1:28 the Lord is with Mary!
Lk 1:28 Mary is blessed!
Lk 1:38 the handmaid of the Lord!

Must be immaculately pure and holy!
Lk 1:49 God made Mary immaculate!

Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
(Enmities total war, none of satan’s works found in Mary who is immaculate purity)
Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun, immaculate purity!

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(Immaculate purity, full of grace, blessed)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Mary must have immaculate purity)

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. (Preserved by God from all sin in virtue of the merits of the blood of the savior who is Her son)

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
(Immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus by the HS)

Song of Solomon 4:1 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. What you say about Mary reflects in Christ! And in God who created her immaculate! Our love reverence and devotion also reflects on Christ who’s virtues she is filled with and on God who filled her with all graces!

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Ark of the new covenant!
The dwelling place of God!
God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!
read exodus or any place in the Old Testament where something came into contact with God or was consecrated to the service of God it had to be pure and Holy!
In the ark was the word of God!
In Mary the new ark is the living Word!
In the ark was the mana!
In Mary was the bread come down from heaven! Jn 6
Bethlehem means house to of bread!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot find a single reference to God being "omnipresent"...
Consider these:

“The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.” Prov 15:3

“Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.” Psalm 139:7-10

“Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.” Jerem 23:24

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church did not conquer the Roman Empire, it was absorbed by it. The ‘Jesus” that was worshipped in the Roman Empire was none other than a renamed Zeus. The adoration of Mary simply a continuation of mother goddess worship. You seem clueless as to your church’s origins and the source of their teachings.
Please read 2 Corinthians 6:14-18.[/QUOTE]

Is Jesus Christ king?

In the days of these kings? Dan 2:44

What kings do you think he is speaking of?

Do you not believe the kingdom was established by Christ?

In one hour it is conquered! Rev 18:17

Refers to the conversion of Constantine and the complete conquering of the kingdom of God, the holy church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles! Matt 16:18 & 18:18

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abaxvahl - Interesting, thank you for taking the time to share.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Abaxvahl

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Consider these:

“The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.” Prov 15:3

“Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.” Psalm 139:7-10

“Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.” Jerem 23:24
God has a “dwelling place” which the Bible calls “heaven”. No one really knows what or where “heaven” is. All we know is that it is an invisible realm inhabited by invisible beings called “spirits”. John tells us that “God is a spirit” so this realm is not on our material earth, and we have no idea how it relates to it physically.

Having said that, we can see by the scriptures you shared that God is able to observe all things taking place here. There is no place where we can hide from his view.....that does not mean that he has to be everywhere at once, because he is not restricted in his stature or his vision.....but it does indicate that an Omniscient, Omnipotent Being does not need to be Omnipresent in order to observe what is going on down here on project Earth.

Understanding why we are here is key to appreciating why he is keeping an eye on things whilst not interfering with human activities under the influence of his adversary. (1 John 5:19) We are in the outworking of the most important object lesson in human history.....and the outcome will set precedents for all eternity to come, so that free will can never be abused again. God is teaching us how to drive it so that the will of one is not overriding the will of another. And no one will dare override the will of God again in the future...we already know where this will take us.

This world is the result of many abusing their free will, ignoring God like he is some kind of inconvenience, and making life unbearable for others who are placed at the mercy of those more powerful. It will come to its planned conclusion and all will return to what we lost in Eden. (Isaiah 55:11; Revelation 21:2-4)

How do you see the future and the conditions on earth throughout human history? What is your “big picture”?

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but it does indicate that an Omniscient, Omnipotent Being does not need to be Omnipresent in order to observe what is going on down here on project Earth.

Omnipresence is a necessary follow to Him being infinite and uncreated, for if He had any limit (such as not being in or present to all things) then He would be limited by that thing and finite, therefore not God. God's presence in all places does not contradict evil in the world or any of the other things you mentioned like it.

This is so proven by the Scriptures for St. Paul says that our unity should be like the "one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in all." He himself reiterates the sentiment in Acts quoting with approval and agreement that "in Him we live and move and have our being." This is also elsewhere repeated. Now how could God give being to something, which is existence, and not be present to it? How can one give being to a work of art and not be present to it? It would be absurd, not to mention the other things showing the infinite nature of God such as "the Heaven and Heaven of Heavens can not contain Him" and "do I not fill Heaven and Earth?" So how could it be that a person fills a thing and is not present to it?

All of this proves without a doubt the trait of omnipotence, both God-given reason and the God-breathed Scriptures.

Though of course there are many senses of "present" and the Scriptures are true when they say "He dwells in Heaven," but they can not contradict (error being incompatible with truth) so we know it is in a difference sense that this is said.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has a “dwelling place” which the Bible calls “heaven”. No one really knows what or where “heaven” is. All we know is that it is an invisible realm inhabited by invisible beings called “spirits”. John tells us that “God is a spirit” so this realm is not on our material earth, and we have no idea how it relates to it physically.

Having said that, we can see by the scriptures you shared that God is able to observe all things taking place here. There is no place where we can hide from his view.....that does not mean that he has to be everywhere at once, because he is not restricted in his stature or his vision.....but it does indicate that an Omniscient, Omnipotent Being does not need to be Omnipresent in order to observe what is going on down here on project Earth.

Understanding why we are here is key to appreciating why he is keeping an eye on things whilst not interfering with human activities under the influence of his adversary. (1 John 5:19) We are in the outworking of the most important object lesson in human history.....and the outcome will set precedents for all eternity to come, so that free will can never be abused again. God is teaching us how to drive it so that the will of one is not overriding the will of another. And no one will dare override the will of God again in the future...we already know where this will take us.

This world is the result of many abusing their free will, ignoring God like he is some kind of inconvenience, and making life unbearable for others who are placed at the mercy of those more powerful. It will come to its planned conclusion and all will return to what we lost in Eden. (Isaiah 55:11; Revelation 21:2-4)

How do you see the future and the conditions on earth throughout human history? What is your “big picture”?
Are you wanting to argue? Why? I only quoted some verses for your consideration. Draw any conclusions you wish.

The "big picture" is not mine but God's. He has given me a vision of it is still as through a glass darkly. I am seeking His kingdom and His righteousness today. I am leaving tomorrow to Him.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you wanting to argue?
No, I assumed I was having a Bible discussion......are you not capable of discussing things with people who don't necessarily agree with you?

Why? I only quoted some verses for your consideration.
As I assumed I was with you.....read my signature....

The "big picture" is not mine but God's. He has given me a vision of it is still as through a glass darkly. I am seeking His kingdom and His righteousness today. I am leaving tomorrow to Him.

The Big Picture is there from Genesis to Revelation, so how do those who identify as Christ's disciples still not see through 'the glass'. "That which is complete" arrived with the complete word of God, given so that all could see and comprehend 'the great mystery of the Kingdom of God'.
What it is....how it comes.....and why it is good news to those who "hunger and thirst" spiritually. You cant feed someone who is already satisfied or give a drink to one who is not thirsty.
Why did Jesus go to "the lost sheep" and not to the Jewish Leaders? Wasn't it because those whom they convinced were satisfied with what they fed them about Jesus?

We can all leave tomorrow to him...but we might not like how it is served up. :(

Edit....sorry for formatting...don't know what happened there...?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Omnipresence is a necessary follow to Him being infinite and uncreated, for if He had any limit (such as not being in or present to all things) then He would be limited by that thing and finite, therefore not God. God's presence in all places does not contradict evil in the world or any of the other things you mentioned like it.

This is so proven by the Scriptures for St. Paul says that our unity should be like the "one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in all." He himself reiterates the sentiment in Acts quoting with approval and agreement that "in Him we live and move and have our being." This is also elsewhere repeated. Now how could God give being to something, which is existence, and not be present to it? How can one give being to a work of art and not be present to it? It would be absurd, not to mention the other things showing the infinite nature of God such as "the Heaven and Heaven of Heavens can not contain Him" and "do I not fill Heaven and Earth?" So how could it be that a person fills a thing and is not present to it?

All of this proves without a doubt the trait of omnipotence, both God-given reason and the God-breathed Scriptures.

Though of course there are many senses of "present" and the Scriptures are true when they say "He dwells in Heaven," but they can not contradict (error being incompatible with truth) so we know it is in a difference sense that this is said.
Really, it doesn't matter what you or I believe if it is not inline with scripture. If Jesus said that God dwells "in heaven" it means that he does not need to be Omnipresent because he is Omniscient......but believe whatever you wish...it makes no difference to me.

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, it doesn't matter what you or I believe if it is not inline with scripture. If Jesus said that God dwells "in heaven" it means that he does not need to be Omnipresent because he is Omniscient......but believe whatever you wish...it makes no difference to me.

I quoted many Scriptures in my case for omnipresence, showing that is in fact what Scripture teaches, but okay. God bless.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I assumed I was having a Bible discussion......are you not capable of discussing things with people who don't necessarily agree with you?

I responded to your one post with scriptures for consideration... yours! If you do not want or need to consider them further that is your choice.

Yes, I am capable of discussing things but I don't even try to discuss every point with everybody.
As I assumed I was with you.....read my signature....

People's signatures do not show up on my computer ... so no, I have not read yours. A few years ago I shut off the signatures because some of them were so long they interfered with me reading posts. [I no longer remember how to turn them back on and have not been interested enough to ask the moderators...] There are way too many posts any more to even read all of the posts. I have to sift through according to my time and as I believe the Lord is directing me.
The Big Picture is there from Genesis to Revelation, so how do those who identify as Christ's disciples still not see through 'the glass'. "That which is complete" arrived with the complete word of God, given so that all could see and comprehend 'the great mystery of the Kingdom of God'.
What it is....how it comes.....and why it is good news to those who "hunger and thirst" spiritually. You cant feed someone who is already satisfied or give a drink to one who is not thirsty.
Why did Jesus go to "the lost sheep" and not to the Jewish Leaders? Wasn't it because those whom they convinced were satisfied with what they fed them about Jesus?

You believe then apparently that the "big picture" for you is already at the "then face to face". I do not believe that of myself.
We can all leave tomorrow to him...but we might not like how it is served up. :(
"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? Rom 8:31
Edit....sorry for formatting...don't know what happened there...?
Sometimes this forum has had its little glitches. Not to worry!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aunty Jane said:
The church did not conquer the Roman Empire, it was absorbed by it. The ‘Jesus” that was worshipped in the Roman Empire was none other than a renamed Zeus. The adoration of Mary simply a continuation of mother goddess worship. You seem clueless as to your church’s origins and the source of their teachings.
Please read 2 Corinthians 6:14-18.
Is Jesus Christ king?
Yes, he is the King appointed by his God and Father.

In the days of these kings? Dan 2:44
This will require a study of the book of Daniel. Have you undertaken such a study? Assuming that you have, Daniel ch 2 is the remarkable prophesy about King Nebuchadnezzar's dream of the huge image made of different metals. Daniel interpreted the dream to mean the march of world powers down through history that was set in prophesy. Starting with Babylon, the world powers in descending order were Medo-Persia, which overthrew fortified and impenetrable Babylon in one night with barely an arrow fired. The Persians under Cyrus (foretold in the scriptures as the one who would accomplish this) dried up the waters of the Euphrates river and his men marched across the river bed and into the city through gates that had carelessly been left open. Thus in one night, the mightiest kingdom on earth was overthrown by God's decree. A 'greater Babylon' will fall in the same way. (Revelation 18:1-5)

What kings do you think he is speaking of?
Going down through those world powers in what Jesus called the "Gentile Times" (Luke 21:24, which was a succession of world powers who had domination over Israel) we find the next conquering world power was Greece, followed by Rome, then Britain who eventually re-allied herself with her estranged children...the USA.
It is in the days of the present corrupt human kingdoms that God crushes all present rulerships out of existence, and replaces them with the one we should have had all along.....rulership by God.

Do you not believe the kingdom was established by Christ?
It was established by God....Jesus is the appointed King of God's Kingdom. He is the judge who will determine who is a "sheep" and who is a "goat".....we will all have proven this long before the judgment starts....this is "the time of the end" spoken about by Daniel and this is the time for Christ to come as judge. Are we ready?

In one hour it is conquered! Rev 18:17
That is God's counting of time, not necessarily 'one earth hour'.....but it will be short by comparison to how long human kings have ruled to the detriment of this earth and its inhabitants. (Revelation 11:18) They have despoiled everything they have touched....driven by greed and corruption.

Refers to the conversion of Constantine and the complete conquering of the kingdom of God, the holy church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles! Matt 16:18 & 18:18
Oh dear...here is where we completely part company. Constantine was never really 'converted' to Christianity. He was not even baptized until he lay dying....it is reported that he sacrificed to Zeus also that day just for a bit of insurance.

Rather than being a "Christian", Constantine was an astute politician.....he knew how to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. He was said to have built a pagan temple for every "Christian" church he built. He was want to unite his divided empire by forming one state religion which was a convenient mix of weakened Christianity and pagan Roman sun worship. He was the one who supposedly had a vision of the cross and being told "by this conquer".....and yet that was entirely the opposite to what Jesus taught. (Matthew 5:43-44) Everything about Roman Catholicism is nothing but a 'bent out of shape' pagan idea with a very thin "Christian" veneer.

I am sorry that you have been so misled. The "weeds" of Jesus' warning parable have wrapped themselves around all the indoctrinated members of your church, and in fact all of Christendom who adopted twisted Catholic doctrine......Catholic priests kept the Bible to themselves and the people were never allowed to even read the Bible under penalty of death. How do you think they got away with murder?

Sad to say, your church's appalling history speaks louder than your words of support.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

is the dwelling place of God a holy place?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, he is the King appointed by his God and Father.

This will require a study of the book of Daniel. Have you undertaken such a study? Assuming that you have, Daniel ch 2 is the remarkable prophesy about King Nebuchadnezzar's dream of the huge image made of different metals. Daniel interpreted the dream to mean the march of world powers down through history that was set in prophesy. Starting with Babylon, the world powers in descending order were Medo-Persia, which overthrew fortified and impenetrable Babylon in one night with barely an arrow fired. The Persians under Cyrus (foretold in the scriptures as the one who would accomplish this) dried up the waters of the Euphrates river and his men marched across the river bed and into the city through gates that had carelessly been left open. Thus in one night, the mightiest kingdom on earth was overthrown by God's decree. A 'greater Babylon' will fall in the same way. (Revelation 18:1-5)

Going down through those world powers in what Jesus called the "Gentile Times" (Luke 21:24, which was a succession of world powers who had domination over Israel) we find the next conquering world power was Greece, followed by Rome, then Britain who eventually re-allied herself with her estranged children...the USA.
It is in the days of the present corrupt human kingdoms that God crushes all present rulerships out of existence, and replaces them with the one we should have had all along.....rulership by God.

It was established by God....Jesus is the appointed King of God's Kingdom. He is the judge who will determine who is a "sheep" and who is a "goat".....we will all have proven this long before the judgment starts....this is "the time of the end" spoken about by Daniel and this is the time for Christ to come as judge. Are we ready?

That is God's counting of time, not necessarily 'one earth hour'.....but it will be short by comparison to how long human kings have ruled to the detriment of this earth and its inhabitants. (Revelation 11:18) They have despoiled everything they have touched....driven by greed and corruption.

Oh dear...here is where we completely part company. Constantine was never really 'converted' to Christianity. He was not even baptized until he lay dying....it is reported that he sacrificed to Zeus also that day just for a bit of insurance.

Rather than being a "Christian", Constantine was an astute politician.....he knew how to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. He was said to have built a pagan temple for every "Christian" church he built. He was want to unite his divided empire by forming one state religion which was a convenient mix of weakened Christianity and pagan Roman sun worship. He was the one who supposedly had a vision of the cross and being told "by this conquer".....and yet that was entirely the opposite to what Jesus taught. (Matthew 5:43-44) Everything about Roman Catholicism is nothing but a 'bent out of shape' pagan idea with a very thin "Christian" veneer.

I am sorry that you have been so misled. The "weeds" of Jesus' warning parable have wrapped themselves around all the indoctrinated members of your church, and in fact all of Christendom who adopted twisted Catholic doctrine......Catholic priests kept the Bible to themselves and the people were never allowed to even read the Bible under penalty of death. How do you think they got away with murder?

Sad to say, your church's appalling history speaks louder than your words of support.

until the 20th century most people were illiterate and could not read

no where does the Bible say you have the right to read for yourself and make your own doctrine

faith cometh by hearing

where does the Bible say the “Bible alone” is the rule of faith for Christians?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
until the 20th century most people were illiterate and could not read
Perhaps, perhaps not. But what they could all do is listen to those who could read. And the Papacy hated the fact that there were Protestant preachers such as the Wesley brothers, John Knox, Luther, Whitefield, Edwards, and numerous others over the last 400 years teaching from the scriptures the truths and doctrines that exposed the Papacy as the only true Antichrist and enemy of the truth.
You don't have to go down with the ship @theefaith , there's time yet before the Rock comes and destroys all the governments and institutions of this world. There's an escape, simply give your life, your mind, heart and soul to Jesus and let Him be your Savior.

Reactions: Aunty Jane
Status
Not open for further replies.