The Only True God, the God of Jesus Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus would have severely rebuked Thomas if Thomas was wrong.

Not if he recognized it as an exclamation. For instance, last night my wife was particularly nice to me. I said all kinds of things but none should be taken as an authoritative statement that she is, in fact, a deity.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though Peter was the first to be named as an apostle, there is no such ranking before the Lord.

And if anyone was first and foremost, it would have been Paul, who is the only Apostle verified by Scripture to have ever been to Rome. Peter was in Babylon, but otherwise Scripture only has him in Judea.

And a Catholic pope certainly was a named 'successor' of Peter by man, but he certainly has never been a called minister of the Gospel by Jesus Christ.

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them." (Acts 20)

Official 'successors' to the apostles are religion-making proselytizers.

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves." (Matthew 23)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263: “The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century.

If true so what?
Matt 16:18 18:18
Whatsoever (everything) you (the apostles) bind on earth is bound in heaven

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not if he recognized it as an exclamation. For instance, last night my wife was particularly nice to me. I said all kinds of things but none should be taken as an authoritative statement that she is, in fact, a deity.
You're SEVERELY twisting Scripture! Sure you're not JW?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thomas called Jesus "My Lord and my God". I'll take Thomas' word over Kingdom Hall's.
Well, you do know that with a 'careful study' of the Scriptures, you will realize he was only speaking figuratively.

Afterall, a good apostle of Jesus would never call Him God, knowing that the word was created by the LORD Jehovah, Who later made His word into the man called Jesus.

And Jesus was indeed the Little Lord, but Jehovah is the Big LORD.

Reactions: BroRando

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're SEVERELY twisting Scripture! Sure you're not JW?

I believe Jesus Christ that said to his Father, you are the only true God in (John 17:3)

What's interesting you don't believe Jesus Christ and he IS THE WORD OF GOD....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not necessarily. Thomas was entraining the same thoughts that Judas had before betraying him. Thomas was spiritually weak and was doubting.

the wise men offered Him sacrifices of gold etc. adored worshiped him
They were blessed by God warned not to go to Herod
Only God may be worshiped

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes in the sacraments we receive grace
Grace is the fruit of the sacrifice of Christ his sacraments
His merits applied to our souls

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1 Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)
The holy church founded by Christ is the ark of salvation!

not faith alone
"yes in the sacraments we receive grace"

Still no answer. Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Yes or no?

If you flatly say so, then so be it.

But, hearing repetitively spoken phrases does not prove anything.

Confession from the heart is proof of faith.

And so, by the persistent non answer, I still believe God has declared that they who may give His Son lip service, they will not even do that with His blood.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you do know that with a 'careful study' of the Scriptures, you will realize he was only speaking figuratively.

Afterall, a good apostle of Jesus would never call Him God, knowing that the word was created by the LORD Jehovah, Who later made His word into the man called Jesus.

Another JW? Figuratively and symbolic are favorite words of JW's when they want to TWIST the Scriptures to mean something totally different.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow... excellent! "As noted above, many modern translations of the Bible have continued with this tradition of suppressing God’s name or substituting it with the word LORD." Read more...

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another JW? Figuratively and symbolic are favorite words of JW's when they want to TWIST the Scriptures to mean something totally different.
I'm getting pretty good at this. I really do sound like one of them, don't I?

I could give you lots more, and really get into the deeply mystical and Satanic secrets if you want.

(Of course the Jehovah worshipper saying WOW, excellent, is simply being as sarcastic with me, as I was with you. However, I have never had one of them actually disagree with me, when writing their book for them)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus Christ that said to his Father, you are the only true God in (John 17:3)

What's interesting you don't believe Jesus Christ and he IS THE WORD OF GOD....[/QUOTE]
John 1:1 (NKJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and
the Word was God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"yes in the sacraments we receive grace"

Still no answer. Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Yes or no?

If you flatly say so, then so be it.

But, hearing repetitively spoken phrases does not prove anything.

Confession from the heart is proof of faith.

And so, by the persistent non answer, I still believe God has declared that they who may give His Son lip service, they will not even do that with His blood.
Yes a hundred times yes

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

Faith alone is not in the Bible
Accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior is not in the Bible

faith and sacraments in the church are biblical

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the wise men offered Him sacrifices of gold etc. adored worshiped him
They were blessed by God warned not to go to Herod
Only God may be worshiped

But you worship the trinity something you do not know.

"You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews. Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.” (John 4:22-24)

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus called His Father the only true God remaining in heaven, while Jesus the Son was the only true God on earth.

For the first time from everlasting, the true God the Word was no longer in heaven with the true God the Father.

Therefore, only the true God the Father was in heaven, while only the true God the Son was upon the earth.

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else." (Deut 4)

And the only reason the true God the Son came down from heaven upon the earth was to shed His blood of eternal life upon the cross, for all mankind to drink and have life, if they believe.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus called His Father the only true God remaining in heaven, while Jesus the Son was the only true God on earth.

For the first time from everlasting, the true God the Word was no longer in heaven with the true God the Father.

Therefore, only the true God the Father was in heaven, while only the true God the Son was upon the earth.

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else." (Deut 4)

And the only reason the true God the Son came down from heaven upon the earth was to shed His blood of eternal life upon the cross, for all mankind to drink and have life, if they believe.
John 3:13 (NKJV)
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man
who is in heaven.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It still all comes down to the blood of our salvation and the Savior.

The precious blood that redeems is that of the Son, not the Father.

And there is only one in Scripture called the Savior, the LORD God and Holy One of Israel: our Lord Jesus Christ. Not the Father.

The LORD Jehovah and God, the Holy One of Israel in heaven came down to earth to be called the Lord Jesus Christ.

And therefore His name is above every name, including the name He had called Himself while in heaven, before coming down to the earth: Jehovah.

Status
Not open for further replies.