The Only True God, the God of Jesus Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There ya go... Moses is God. See I can use titles too. :)

Literal Standard Version
And YHWH says to Moses, “See, I have given you [as] a god to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron is your prophet;

NET Bible
So the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

New Heart English Bible
The LORD said to Moses, "Look, I have made you as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.

World English Bible
Yahweh said to Moses, "Behold, I have made you as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.

Young's Literal Translation
And Jehovah saith unto Moses, 'See, I have given thee a god to Pharaoh, and Aaron thy brother is thy prophet;

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can't prove with Scripture then RED FLAG!

Are you saying that if I pull out Scripture where Joseph was called lord, then you will concede that Jesus is not God?

Scriptural proof that Jesus is not God has been provided many times. You just pretend it is not there.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There ya go... Moses is God. See I can use titles too. :)

Literal Standard Version
And YHWH says to Moses, “See, I have given you [as] a god to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron is your prophet;

NET Bible
So the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

New Heart English Bible
The LORD said to Moses, "Look, I have made you as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.

World English Bible
Yahweh said to Moses, "Behold, I have made you as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.

And Jehovah saith unto Moses, 'See, I have given thee a god to Pharaoh, and Aaron thy brother is thy prophet;
All you did was prove you're wrong!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that if I pull out Scripture where Joseph was called lord, then you will concede that Jesus is not God?

Scriptural proof that Jesus is not God has been provided many times. You just pretend it is not there.
Provide Scripture that calls Joseph "God".

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’? those against whom the word of God came—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified—whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? (John 10:34-36)

Who was Jesus claiming to be? Isn't Jesus a child of God???

Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohh... so the title God doesn't make him God. Sorta like John1:1. :)
None of these say "God". They say a god, like God, as God, ... Don't you read your own posts?

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

World English Bible

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of these say "God". They say a god, like God, as God, ... Don't you read your own posts?

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

World English Bible

There are feminine nouns. The instance of God in John1:1 is theon and the second God is a feminine noun (a god)

Strong's Concordance
theos: God, a god
Original Word: θεός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: theos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os)
Definition: God, a god
Usage: (a) God, (b) a god, generally.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean, there is a difference between lord and God?
Absolutely! Many people are called lord but it doesn't mean God.
And no Scripture calls Jesus God so you invoke the exclamation of Thomas?
You're trying to make a mockery of Scripture!

John 20:28 (NKJV)
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are feminine nouns. The instance of God in John1:1 is theon and the second God is a feminine noun (a god)

Strong's Concordance
theos: God, a god
Original Word: θεός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: theos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os)
Definition: God, a god
Usage: (a) God, (b) a god, generally.
You already proved you're wrong.

You said:
"And YHWH says to Moses, “See, I have given you [as] a god to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron is your prophet;

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

World English Bible

And Jehovah saith unto Moses, 'See, I have given thee a god to Pharaoh, and Aaron thy brother is thy prophet;"

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

World English Bible

Moses was called whom??? elohim So he has to be God... Are you going to eat Crow Now???

Strong's Concordance
elohim: God, god
Original Word: אֱלהִים
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: elohim
Phonetic Spelling: (el-o-heem')
Definition: God, god

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses was called whom??? elohim So he has to be God... Are you going to eat Crow Now???

Strong's Concordance
No Scripture as usual?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 7:1 Interlinear: And Jehovah saith unto Moses, 'See, I have given thee a god to Pharaoh, and Aaron thy brother is thy prophet;

Strong's Concordance
Why is it so difficult for you to quote the Chapter, verse and translation? It's not that difficult.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're trying to make a mockery of Scripture!

Not at all. I am mocking your lack of discernment. You desperately hold onto this one verse in complete denial that the entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day.

It's so funny that you deny exclamatory statements are used to express amazement, not to be taken as a statement of fact, e.g., "OMG, I cannot believe you drove all this way to come to my party! I'm so happy you are here." This does not mean every OMG is a fact based statement that the person it is addressed to is, in fact, God. Another example.

DOCTOR: Your son has terminal cancer and has 4-6 months to live.
YOU: OMG! OMG!

This is not to be taken to mean either the son or the doctor is, in fact, God.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 3:13 (NKJV)
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man
who is in heaven.
The Cambridge Bible notes for John 3:13 says:

which is in heaven] These words are omitted in the best MSS. If they are retained, the meaning is ‘Whose proper home is heaven.’ Or the Greek participle may be the imperfect tense (comp. Joh_6:62, Joh_9:25, Joh_17:5), which was in heaven before the Incarnation. It is doubtful whether in this verse we have any direct allusion to the Ascension, though this is sometimes assumed.​

So if those words are not in the best manuscripts that we have, that is why more modern translations omit them, such as:

(TLV): No one has gone up into heaven except the One who came down from heaven—the Son of Man.
(ESV): No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.
(GNB): And no one has ever gone up to heaven except the Son of Man, who came down from heaven.
(NLT): No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.
(NIV): No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
(CSB): “No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven — the Son of Man
(NET): No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven - the Son of Man.
(RSV): No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man.
etc.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. I am mocking your lack of discernment. You desperately hold onto this one verse in complete denial that the entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day.

It's so funny that you deny exclamatory statements are used to express amazement, not to be taken as a statement of fact, e.g., "OMG, I cannot believe you drove all this way to come to my party! I'm so happy you are here." This does not mean every OMG is a fact based statement that the person it is addressed to is, in fact, God. Another example.

DOCTOR: Your son has terminal cancer and has 4-6 months to live.
YOU: OMG! OMG!

This is not to be taken to mean either the son or the doctor is, in fact, God.
"And my God"? You're mocking Thomas, Jesus and the Bible!

John 20:28 (NKJV)
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Status
Not open for further replies.