The Only True God, the God of Jesus Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Cambridge Bible notes for John 3:13 says:

which is in heaven] These words are omitted in the best MSS. If they are retained, the meaning is ‘Whose proper home is heaven.’ Or the Greek participle may be the imperfect tense (comp. Joh_6:62, Joh_9:25, Joh_17:5), which was in heaven before the Incarnation. It is doubtful whether in this verse we have any direct allusion to the Ascension, though this is sometimes assumed.​

So if those words are not in the best manuscripts that we have, that is why more modern translations omit them, such as:

(TLV): No one has gone up into heaven except the One who came down from heaven—the Son of Man.
(ESV): No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.
(GNB): And no one has ever gone up to heaven except the Son of Man, who came down from heaven.
(NLT): No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.
(NIV): No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
(CSB): “No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven — the Son of Man
(NET): No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven - the Son of Man.
(RSV): No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man.
etc.
Is Michael your savior? Jesus is my Savior.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They say that there is difference between Jehovah, which is the name LORD, and the Lord Jesus.

The only difference is the name and the fact that the Lord Jesus was a man on earth, and before was the LORD in heaven.

They claim the LORD is the only true God, not Jesus (And they are prolific about 'not Jesus'). They make grammatical and spiritual difference between the LORD and the Lord. And so they are ensnared by Scripture with their own foolish carnal thinking.

There is only one place in Scripture where LORD is ever referred to again after the birth of Jesus in the New Testament: when the returning Lord Jesus is called LORD of Lords. And here is the answer to that mystery, because no man other than Jesus has been called Lord.
And so now He is called LORD of Lords, because He, the Lord on earth from heaven, returns from heaven to earth in full power as LORD, Whom He was before being on earth.

The resurrected Christ and man Jesus, was LORD in the Old and Lord in the New, and returns as LORD of Lords wiht His siants from the Old and the New.

I.e. The LORD in heaven from everlasting became on earth the Lord Jesus as begotten Son, and He will return as LORD of Lords.

Otherwise, of course, they'd like to say it is Jehovah Himself riding down to earth to give battle, while little Lord Jesus remains safely out of the way back in heaven...

Unfortunately unitarian heretics have usurped the name Jehovah for their own worship, while giving Jesus lip service, and so corrupting that once good name beyond recognition of Scripture. Even as Catholics do with Mother 'Mary'.

But hey, that's what the devil does best, right?

"He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." (John 8)

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Baal and Asherah were worshipped as a God. That does not make them any more God than Thomas’ exclamation."

And so, an exclamation by an apostle to the risen Savior as God and worshipped as such is akin to those who worshipped Baal and Asherah.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since those who call and worship Jesus as God are just as deceived as the Baal worshippers, then we are pagans as well.

Which we would have to be, if indeed Jesus was only the god-man, made as the created word on earth.

But that's not paganism. Oh no. Not at all.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Baal and Asherah were worshipped as a God. That does not make them any more God than Thomas’ exclamation."

And the worship of them was never condoned by Scripture.

And Jesus didn't correct him.

And Scripture does correct others elsewhere for treating them as God, who were not God.

So, either Jesus was a blasphemer for making Himself God before, and now for letting Himself be called God.

Or, he may just have let it go rather than arguing about the apostle's lack of understanding of the difference between Jesus as Lord only and not really the Big LORD Himself, as well as being a created god only and not really God Himself, and though he was the word incarnate, the word itself was only created as a god and 1st angel of the LORD, and not the LORD Himself.

Jesus just figured He'd get around to all that later, as He would give it to His apostles to write later...but then He never got around to doing that either.

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."
"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, Thou dost well to call me Lord, for I am, but thou doest not so well to call me God, for I am not."
"And Thomas answered again and said unto him, Huh?"
"Then Jesus answered again and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I suffer you?"

These people's doctrine is not good, but it does make for some funny script...

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."

And since Jesus is not God, then that makes Him no good.

"There is none that doeth good, no, not one." Except God, not Jesus.

Neither is He love. Only Jehovah is love, not Jesus.

The whole doctrine of unitarians can be summed up: Jehovah, Yes. Jesus. No.

Once we understand that, then all the rest falls into place.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They try to have Jesus saying that He had come from man, as the 2nd Adam. The reason being, they don't want a man coming down from heaven:
1. That is how God would do it:
"He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet."

2. And God would do it on His own, by His own power:
"No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

But of course the Lord did come down from heaven and was the 2nd Adam, not from man nor fashioned as Adam, but from heaven with a prepared body for Himself:
"The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven." (1 Cor 15:47)
"Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me." (Heb 10)

The LORD came down from heaven to be upon the earth and was the Lord Jesus, the One Lord and God having been in heaven and upon the earth. (Deut 4:39)

God the father has never been upon the earth, but only in heaven, therefore The Lord on earth called Him the only true God in heaven, while the God the Son was upon the earth.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'God is a spirit"

I always wondered about that one. Why not "God is spirit"? Because God is a Spirit, and God is also a Father, and God is a Son.

Jesus was speaking of God is a Holy Spirit. He is a Spirit and a Spirit if God: the Holy Spirit, and they that worship Him, must do so in Him, in the Spirit and in truth: in the Spirit of God. And so our worship is not in word and tongue only with our lips, but in deed and in truth, by being in His Spirit.

We worship God the Spirit in the Spirit, we are in Him as in the full Light of day, and we worship within Him, and are children of the Spirit and of the Light and of the day. (1Thess 5)

And them that think Him to be a force only, naturally do not even try to be in Him, much less worship Him.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lap #18. No, I’m mocking your lack of discernment. Baal and Asherah were worshipped as a God. That does not make them any more God than Thomas’ exclamation.
You're comparing "Baal and Asherah" to Jesus? How Satanic!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is Michael your savior? Jesus is my Savior.
Yeshua is the saviour of all mankind. He became our saviour in obedience to the will of his father, almighty God Yahweh.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're comparing "Baal and Asherah" to Jesus? How Satanic!

No. I’m comparing one claim of divinity to an exclamation to mock how ridiculous your desperate rationalization is to support your doctrine.

The only God is Jesus’ God, the one he said he was going to in John 20:17, the one Jesus said was the one true God in John 17.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael is your savior? It's a yes or no question.
"Is Michael your savior? Jesus is my Savior."

"Yeshua is the saviour of all mankind. He became our saviour in obedience to the will of his father, almighty God Yahweh."

Won't even speak the name of Jesus as Saviour. So lip service to Jesus name only goes so far. Mentioning Him as a created being is ok, but not claiming Him as Saviour.

We are speaking to wanna-be Unitarian Jews abiding in unbelief. Those Jews made a false religion, the Jews' Religion, when rejecting Jesus as Messiah and Saviour, and these wanna-be Jews make a false religion, the Yeshua Jehovah's religion, while rejecting Jesus as Christ and Saviour.

(And they feel really special about saying 'Yeshua' and 'Yahweh'. Their 'faith' only goes so far as their intellectual stimulation.)

They are not washed in the blood of the Lamb, which they write-oof as symbolic only. And they try to 'plead' a blood they don't honor as real.

Unlike the unbelieving Jews, they like to think of themselves as saved and forgiven of sins by the blood, that they honor no more than that og bulls and goats and other created creatures on earth.

They are not Christian and have nothing to do with Christianity in Christ Jesus.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"A creed or catechism is a statement of divine and catholic (universal) faith or an instruction in the doctrine of the apostles, (acts 2:42)"

That about says it all for the Catholic Religion. 'Divine' catechisms of the Catholics, or doctrine of the apostles, and if not in the doctrine of the apostles, then 'Divine' catechism of Catholics will do.

No one disputes the original decrees when opposing Arian, the problem was using the 'help' of other traditions to do so, since Scripture alone was judged insufficient, and then using the same 'help' of other traditions to establish faith itself, since sola scriptura was deemed no longer sufficient to do so.

Afterall, if Scripture cannot stand on it's own and properly defend itself against heresy, then Scripture of God has no right to expect anyone to stand on Scripture alone to establish the faith.

So that now, they have an 'Apostolic and Nicene creed' to fall back on, when challenged about all the other non-scriptural declarations and teachings of the Catholic faith, but not of the faith of Jesus read in the Scriptures alone.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"A creed or catechism is a statement of divine and catholic (universal) faith..."

There is nothing 'universal' about the Catholic faith, but is only confined to the Catholic Religion, which is not universal. Worldly yes, but not universal.

Those who reject departing from Scripture as the only source of inspiration of the true God for faith and salvation in Jesus Christ, completely reject the Catholic faith, that launched off into the worship of all manner of created beings, such as saints and 'Mother' of God.

And not being content with that, they also do worse than the pagans by worshipping all cloths and all manner of dead bones.

"And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest." (Ezek 37)

"That I do, and they can, so worship them, and I will make them live..."

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are totally confused! Please prove your comment:
"Bibles call Moses thee God."

"No proof?"
"It doesn't state that he is not God."
"You are totally confused! Please prove your comment: Bibles call Moses thee God."
"No. You disprove it."

He's playing with you brother kcnalp. He's yanking your chain.

There is no Scripture calling Moses thee God. It doesn't even make since. He's purposely misusing King James language to mess with you.

He knows you can't prove a negative, or unprove a lie, that is not found anywhere, and then demands disproof of it, by finding something somewhere that states plainly it is a lie...

Scripture never says Moses is God, nor do any of the children of Israel. And since God does deal with fools, nor answer in their folly, He never had a Scripture say: "Moses is not God."

They are not a serious people. Seriously wrong and corrupted from head to foot, but not to be taken seriously.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No proof?

"And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God." (Exodus 4)

"And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet." (Exodus 7)

And so the childish abuse of Scripture to say something foolishly stupid. Scripture does not say, I made thee God.

And Thomas did not say: "My Lord and a god to me instead of God!"

"As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Yeshua is the saviour of all mankind. He became our saviour in obedience to the will of his father, almighty God Yahweh."

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." (Isaiah 43)
"For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour." (Isiah 43)
"Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour." (Isaiah 45)
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2)
"For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ." (Phillip 3)
"We trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men." (1 Tim 4)
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ." (Titus 2)

One Saviour: the LORD, The LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, God of Israel, the Living God, the great God: the Lord Jesus Christ.

Not God the Father. Because He was not the true God who shed His blood on the cross. The true God Jesus the Son did. Nor was the Father beside the Son on the cross, because the God the Father was the only true God remaining in heaven, while God the Son was upon the earth and crucified on the cross.

(If you like to call Him Jeshua, because it intellectually tingles your spine and helps you to avoid saying Jesus is Saviour, go ahead. Childish, just childish.)

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Phillipians 2)

That includes the name of Jehovah, which was His name before in heaven revealed to Moses, until His name above all was revealed in the His Gospel: Jesus Christ. And so Jehovah won't bow to Jesus, because He won't bow to Himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.