The Only True God, the God of Jesus Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An early copy of the Septuagint was found from the time of Jesus.
Later copies removed the Name of God as did most of the Bible translators- but this earlier copy had the NAME in it- Jehovah!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I know God to be these three, and I also know Him to be one. Our puny brains can't comprehend His greatness, but I know Him. And I know those like you, who are adversaries to His truth, the truth. Don't you people ever give up?
Thread bait would seem to provide the answer, no.
It's worse when there are more than one having a go. Or, could be one acting as many. When we feed them they keep going.
No life. That's sad really.:(

Reactions: Truman

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Tim 4:7- Have nothing to do with godless and silly myths. Train yourself in godliness; 8- for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophets never HINTED at it, Jesus REFUTED it, and the Apostles never taught it! The 'Triune Godhead'.
But Churchianity refuses to know God, embracing the polytheism as the ancient nation of Israel often supported them.

Every conceivable trick was thrown into the 'Trinity' by the State Roman Church, and centuries later, the Protestants brought it WITH them.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Trinity" a cornerstone of Church Theology, but no one can defend it, my Topic for that removed, as well as others, and Double Standards as I respond to insults by 'Christians'... Isn't there ANY biblical forum where Christ's Words are honored?

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Tim 3:1- Understand that the last days will be dangerous times. 2- People will be selfish and love money. They will be the kind of people who brag and who are proud. They will slander others, and they will be disobedient to their parents. They will be ungrateful, unholy, 3- unloving, contrary, and critical. They will be without self-control and brutal, and they won’t love what is good. 4- They will be people who are disloyal, reckless, and conceited. They will love pleasure instead of loving God. 5- They will look like they are religious but deny God’s power. Avoid people like this.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so the Lord God is the name for ever. The name Jehovah was unknown at the time of the One named Lord God for ever. And so Jehovah was given as another name later. So the First 'for ever' name Lord God was changed to Jehovah, a more personal name. Ok. And that First personal name was changed again to an even more personal name: Jesus.

Oh, I get it. "So he has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs." (Hebrews 1:4)

So God's Name wasn't forever has God stated. So who should I believe God or robert? How is it, that God was worse than the angels before he inherited (a name). So Jesus is God but worse than the angels until he inherited a name?

But shouldn't the scripture read "So the three sperate persons has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs" (Hebrews1:4) Or... how about this one...

"So the trinity has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs" (Hebrews1:4) Now that's something I can wrap my mind around.

So the {US} in Genesis were worse than the angels. Things that make you go ummmmm.... Good thing for (Hebrews 1;4) or all be goners....

Reactions: theQuestioneer

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 2:4- These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven. - ASV

Notice that all Creative Days was described as "a" Day...

Reactions: BroRando

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I want to list (Genesis 2:4) to see if there is a deception in the Forums Bible. Can anyone click it?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God was worse than the angels before he inherited (a name). So Jesus is God but worse than the angels until he inherited a name?"

I think some people purposely get it wrong with foolish reasoning. They'd have to in order to get it so plainly off the mark.

When God the Son received a name, it would of necessity have to be better than the angels, because He is God.

He wasn't 'worse' than the angels before His name was received and revealed in Scripture. That's like saying a baby is worse than the animals, until the baby receives a name. That is childish thinking.

God the Word's name Jesus was not given Him, until He came down from heaven and was begotten of God the Father, and His name therefore would need be better than all angels. Including archangels. Because He is God.

The fact the Scripture was declaring His name better than all angels is proof that he is God, Who's name would have to be better than all angels, because He is God. God would not be given a name equal to nor less than that of the angels.

Therefore, at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow in worship, and every mouth shall confess that he is Lord, because He is God.

I know this is simple and redundant, but when you have certain people purposely trying to get it wrong, then you have to be redundantly simple and obvious about it.

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else." (Deut 4:39)

The 'no Jesus' people, like the Jews that reject Him, don't want Jesus to be the Lord Who is God. Why? I don't know. I know that the Jews didn't want Him as Messiah and Lord (though they knew He was from heaven above to be on upon the earth beneath), because He rebuked their false traditions, by which they had personal rule over God's people.

So the same 'no Jesus' people today most likely have their own traditions and rules that Jesus rebukes by Scripture of the New Covenant. They most likely preach and practice a bunch of Old Covenant stuff like it was still the Covenant of God, or rather of 'Jehovah'.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else." (Deut 4:39)

There is one Lord, and He is God. Jesus is the one Lord, and He is God.

The 'no Jesus' people that don't want Jesus as Lord and God, therefore must also reject the New Covenant as that of God, and like unredeemed Jews are clinging to an Old Covenant of 'Jehovah' that no longer exists with the true God.

The 'no Jesus' people today, that are not naturally Jews, are still therefore worshipping in the Jews' Religion under the name of 'Jehovah'.

The Jews' religion is the first religion of man on earth to ever be made up in order to reject the true God of the religion given to them in the first place. All other religions of man on earth were made up out of thin air by the prince and power of the air, without ever having been from God at all.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
al-bundy-gif-8.gif

When God the Son received a name, it would of necessity have to be better than the angels, because He is God.
Heh! He didn't already HAVE that?
'God the Word'

Don't want Jesus to be the Lord Who is God
He is not the "Lord" God.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who is the LORD in (Deuteronomy 4:39) ? It States He is God...

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there is no one 'Bigger Lord' vs one 'Littler Lord'.

I still can't get over that one.

With all the silly machinations that the 'no Jesus' people have to go through, it would be a whole lot easier and simpler to Jesus believe the Scriptures, that Jesus is Lord and God from heaven above to dwell upon the earth beneath...

Status
Not open for further replies.