The Only Way To Get Saved From Hell.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism in Jesus' Name is an identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And, as such, it is a confession of Jesus before men.

See Matthew 10:32 for information as to whether such a thing might save a man.

Is going forward at a Crusade or church service a work?
Yep it is,

baptism of the holy spirit is the act of god baptizing us unto his death and burial (rom 6) where we recieve the washing of regeneration (titus 3) where the blood of Jesus washes our sins away (rev 1) and then baptizes us into the body of Christ, and Christ himself (gal 3 with 1 cor 12) he saves us through circumcision done without hands by the baptism of the spirit, (col 2)

if you want to try to recieve this by some man baptizing you in water, you will not receive any of it

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You appear to be assuming that v.14 is the only verse in all of holy scripture.

God does not condense all of the truth that can be known on a subject in singular verses.

He has given us the whole of the Bible to teach us everything that needs to be known on every subject.
Dude

you keep mentioning John 3. Jesus told us in John 3 how we are born again starting in vs 14

either show me the word baptize or we are done, as you can not even prove the passage YOU bring up supports your belief

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you want to try to recieve this by some man baptizing you in water, you will not receive any of it
I beg to differ. The Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who will repent and receive baptism in Jesus' Name for the remission of sins, Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do find that it is normally the same people who will tell me that baptism in Jesus' Name does not have the power to save who will also contend for the false doctrine and heresy of the inevitability of sin.

I believe that this is because, since they have not received baptism in Jesus' Name, they have also not received the remission of their sins (see Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39, so much packed in there).

So, they are slaves to sin.

Whereas Jesus taught us that if we know the truth, the truth will set us free from sin (John 8:31-36).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been reading his posts for a few days now, he is wrong

can you show me the word baptize in those verses or will you be like him?
You appear to be ignoring the blatantly obvious verses we pointed out which show Baptism and confirmation are required for salvation. I think @justbyfaith is right. You are taking single verses out of context and teaching that they don't support other passages. So what you are in fact saying is that most of the bible is wrong, and only the verses you cite are correct. Most correct religions are at harmony with the entire bible. I think that is where I should be to be in a good place with God.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do find that it is normally the same people who will tell me that baptism in Jesus' Name does not have the power to save who will also contend for the false doctrine and heresy of the inevitability of sin.

I believe that this is because, since they have not received baptism in Jesus' Name, they have also not received the remission of their sins (see Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39, so much packed in there).

So, they are slaves to sin.

Whereas Jesus taught us that if we know the truth, the truth will set us free from sin (John 8:31-36).
I was wondering something along those lines also.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is self-righteousness; and then there is the righteousness of Christ imputed and then imparted to the believer by faith (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6, Revelation 19:8).

And then there is your self saving theology that contradicts the verses you just quoted.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Go ahead and reject water baptism in Jesus' Name; and see where it gets you in eternity.

You sound just like a Catholic.

So, let me be clear.
Water cannot save, anyone.
It has no power, as, its only water.

The Power is in the BLOOD of Jesus.
The Redemption is found in the Blood of Jesus.
The Cross, and the preaching of the Cross, is the Power of God, unto Salvation.

"water" need not apply as the "gospel", unless its the devil's.

Let me show you how the ignorant theology of legalism sounds..

1.) ""All that call upon the name of the water, shall be saved"

2. ) ""Salvation is Grace through water.""

3. ), ""As many as believed in Water, shall be saved""

4.) ""if you do not believe that water is salvation, you shall die in your sins""

5.) """Justification by water""

6.) ""Water came into the world to save sinners""

7.) """and water said from the Cross...."it is finished"

8.) """for God so love the world that He gave His only water, that whosoever believes in the water...>""""

So, really, justbyfaith?

You really want to stay with that water gospel?

Better think again.... or at least start thinking.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, let me be clear.
Water cannot save, anyone.
It has no power, as, its only water.

The Power is in the BLOOD of Jesus.

The blood is in the water (1 John 5:8).

Let me show you how the ignorant theology of legalism sounds..

1.) ""All that call upon the name of the water, shall be saved"

2. ) ""Salvation is Grace through water.""

3. ), ""As many as believed in Water, shall be saved""

4.) ""if you do not believe that water is salvation, you shall die in your sins""

5.) """Justification by water""

6.) ""Water came into the world to save sinners""

7.) """and water said from the Cross...."it is finished"

8.) """for God so love the world that He gave His only water, that whosoever believes in the water...>""""

Jhn 3:5, Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

It only takes one verse to reveal the truth.

Baptism in Jesus' Name is an identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And, as such, it is a confession of Jesus before men (infant baptism is not).

Read Matthew 10:32 for information as to whether this has the power to save a man or not.

Please note that, if baptism does have the power to save, that in seeking to deter people from being baptized, you are seeking to deter people from being saved.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Colossians 2:12 it mentions "being buried with him in baptism".

Do you ignore that when you read those verses?
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.

Did the man who baptized you in water raise Jesus from the dead? And explain to,me about how this spiritual circumcision is done by your pastor in water?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You appear to be ignoring the blatantly obvious verses we pointed out which show Baptism and confirmation are required for salvation. I think @justbyfaith is right. You are taking single verses out of context and teaching that they don't support other passages. So what you are in fact saying is that most of the bible is wrong, and only the verses you cite are correct. Most correct religions are at harmony with the entire bible. I think that is where I should be to be in a good place with God.
You seem to be hard of hearing

show me the word baptize in those verses.

if you want to use just by faith as an example, well then forgive me but that will not help you

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be hard of hearing

show me the word baptize in those verses.

if you want to use just by faith as an example, well then forgive me but that will not help you

Brother, I'm done. God bless you! And Cheers.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Please note that, if baptism does have the power to save, that in seeking to deter people from being baptized, you are seeking to deter people from being saved.

I've not tried to detour anyone from being water baptized.
Ive only resisted the false theology that water has the power to redeem a human soul.

So, its you that needs to be warned about teaching water as salvation, as that offends the Cross.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus also said that the tax collector who fell on his knee and cried out to God for mercy went home justified, not the religious do good er who did his best to obey the law
Incorrect. Luke 2 gives both Simeon and Anna in the Temple doing their best to be devoutly religious and doing good through obedience to Godly preceps by the Temple Law.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, there are other parts of the New Testament where you are told why you will go to hell.
And this has nothing to do with your lifestyle, or if you are a good person, who helps the poor.

So, if you want to find out how to go directly to hell after you die, and then the lake of fire in the end, then read Hebrews 10:26, as there are unsaved Jews (Hebrews) in that chapter who are teaching exactly how to commit the unpardonable sin of CHRIST REJECTION.

Or, you can read it from Jesus's Lips...when He said in John 8.... "if you do not BELIEVE.....that i am the Messiah, then you will die in your sins"..

See that? "dying in your sins"..... = they are all on you, and none of them are on Jesus who bore them for you on the Cross.
So, the Answer is....... we allow God's eternal judgement to be resolved by Christ as our sacrifice for them all, or we die with our sin unforgiven and are judged for only one sin, in eternity.
The sin of DYING UNPARDONED.... = The SIN of CHRIST REJECTiON

And thats how you will find Hell as your eternal destination.
Speaking the word "you" does not verify anything supposedly applying to me. Lol.

James states "Faith without deeds is dead." Dead faith does not save anyone from judgement.

Reactions: dev553344

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incorrect. Luke 2 gives both Simeon and Anna in the Temple doing their best to be devoutly religious and doing good through obedience to Godly preceps by the Temple Law.
Oh so the tax collector went home lost and the religious do Goode pharisee went home justified?
What Bible do you have again?