The Only Way To Get Saved From Hell.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Basically we get baptized and receive the Holy Spirit.

No, we do not "Get baptized in water" and "then receive the Holy Spirit".
Devin....You dont put the water before the BELIEVING that God accepts to Justify you by faith.
See, that what the water cults teach.
THat everything is based on water, but God says, everything is based on THE BLOOD OF JESUS.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt. 25 has Jesus stating the following:

Vs. 41, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels."
Vs. 45, "Inasmuch as you did it not unto the least of these, you did it not to me."

According to Jesus in vss. 35-36, this happens to everyone who:

1.) Does not give food and water to hungry and thirsty people.
2.) Does not house strangers.
3.) Does not give clothes to naked people.
4.) Does not go see sick people.
5.) Does not go see people in prison.

This describes homeless criminals, druggies, the mentally ill, the resourceless unemployed, screaming mobs of desperate and disenfranchised rioters, the demon possessed, murderers, felons, people dying in hospitals, hoards of homeless orphans in Africa, thieves who steal food, babies being aborted, Liberals in poverty after rejecting God.

Jesus said nothing here about asking Him into your heart, or about falling on your knees.
Jesus also said that the tax collector who fell on his knee and cried out to God for mercy went home justified, not the religious do good er who did his best to obey the law

Reactions: Behold

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're onto to something here. But you cannot reject the rest of the scriptures. The scripture you posted applies to people that have accepted Jesus as their savior, the rest are already lost.

So basically once you've done all the things to be saved you must also do Matthew 25. And that's what it means to follow Jesus the Christ.

Basically we get baptized and receive the Holy Spirit. And God guides us with the Holy Spirit to do all these things, under direction of the Clergy of our church.
Matt 25 is a descriptive passage, like many other, who describe what people born of God do, not a prescriptive passage which says what they must do to be born of God

Reactions: Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There are the sheep and the goats, there is the Lord and a group who He calls His brethren ... to say the sheep "in-as-much as ye did it to one of the least of these My brethren." makes no sense if the sheep are the brethren, He would say "your brethren"

Mark 3 ....Jesus says...>
"For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother."......
And that is what Jesus said when Mary the mother and Jesus's brothers (family) are standing outside the door asking for him.... and the people in the room with Jesus said....>"hey, your mom and your family are here"...

So, "family" is "whoever does the will of God".
Who is this?
Its "MY Sheep hear my Voice"..

Its everyone who is born again, who has faith in Christ., who has done = "God's Work".

"the work of GOD, is that you BELIEVE on JESUS whom God sent"..

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devin....You dont put the water before the BELIEVING that God accepts to Justify you by faith.
See, that what the water cults teach.
THat everything is based on water, but God says, everything is based on THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
For true Christians, we follow the process of confession, Baptism and confirmation to receive the Holy Spirit:

Acts 8:15-17
15who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16For He had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17Then they began laying their hands on them, and they were receiving the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 25 is a descriptive passage, like many other, who describe what people born of God do, not a prescriptive passage which says what they must do to be born of God

To be born of the Holy Spirit we must be immersed in the Holy Spirit (John 3:6), which only comes from service of God and his children, which is what Matthew 25 is talking about, so that we can receive the Holy Spirit, get to know the fruits (Galatians 5:22-25) and be new men in Christ. But this is only thru baptism and confirmation of the Holy Spirit.:

John 3:1-6

King James Version

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be born of the Holy Spirit we must be immersed in the Holy Spirit (John 3:6), which only comes from service of God and his children, which is what Matthew 25 is talking about, so that we can receive the Holy Spirit, get to know the fruits (Galatians 5:22-25) and be new men in Christ. But this is only thru baptism and confirmation of the Holy Spirit.:

John 3:1-6

King James Version

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Jesus e planned how this was accomplished

john 3:
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God

there is no water involved, or work involved, only the work of the spirit

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For true Christians, we follow the process of confession, Baptism and confirmation to receive the Holy Spirit:

Acts 8:15-17
15who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16For He had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17Then they began laying their hands on them, and they were receiving the Holy Spirit.
That would be like a Jew, following the process of circumcision confession and confirmation through the priest, it never saved them it will not save you

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus e planned how this was accomplished

john 3:
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God

You're giving out candy instead of nutrition. John the baptist was important to God because he prepared the way for the Lord by baptizing people. If you believe in Jesus then you believe in baptism and confirmation.

Reactions: justbyfaith

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're giving out candy instead of nutrition. John the baptist was important to God because he prepared the way for the Lord by baptizing people. If you believe in Jesus then you believe in baptism and confirmation.
I am giving out what God said

show me where he said believe in be baptized to nicodemus in what I posted.

Your giving out a works based gospel

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If only you believed what you you just said ....Don’t forget your Perverted, False “ Gospel” Additions Of “ ya gotta Repent
Of all of your sins before you die ,and you must NEVER sin on purpose! “
By “ YOUR” calculations, The Blood Of Jesus is beggarly—- it just can’t get the job done......

Actually, it is beggarly by "YOUR" calculations...

For, in your theology, it does not have the power to sanctify (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanse you from all sin (1 John 1:7).

But it did nullify all self righteousness to try to replace the blood of Jesus.
It did nullify "im trying to keep myself saved by my list, that includes, abiding, and holding unto my faith, and whatever else is on my self righteousness list".

It did nullify all that phony Cross rejecting heresy.

Believe it.

There is self-righteousness; and then there is the righteousness of Christ imputed and then imparted to the believer by faith (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6, Revelation 19:8).

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am giving out what God said

show me where he said believe in be baptized to nicodemus in what I posted.

You reduced John the baptist to being useless. But here it is:

Acts 2:35–38
The New King James Version
35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ’

36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 would tell us otherwise.

That <fify> everything is based on water, but God says, everything is based on THE BLOOD OF JESUS.

The blood is in the water (1 John 5:8).

Go ahead and reject water baptism in Jesus' Name; and see where it gets you in eternity.

Luk 7:29, And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
Luk 7:30, But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

Baptism is not a work; except in that a work of the Holy Spirit is done any time someone truly receives the ordinance.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You reduced John the baptist to being useless. But here it is:

Acts 2:35–38
The New King James Version
35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ’

36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Not sure what John the Baptist has to do with John 3,

and that passage you gave in acts? Peter did not tell them to be baptized to recieve gift of the spirit, please research in the Greek

jesus did not tell us to earn salvation by works, he said it is finished, not I did my part now you do yours

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what John the Baptist has to do with John 3,

and that passage you gave in acts? Peter did not tell them to be baptized to recieve gift of the spirit, please research in the Greek

jesus did not tell us to earn salvation by works, he said it is finished, not I did my part now you do yours
Why don't you read @justbyfaith posts too. What you're teaching goes against bible teachings as we both pointed out to you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism in Jesus' Name is an identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And, as such, it is a confession of Jesus before men.

See Matthew 10:32 for information as to whether such a thing might save a man.

Is going forward at a Crusade or church service a work?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was not asking about 3: 5 where Jesus spoke of two births, I asked about vs 14 on where Jesus told him how to be born again. Can you please show me the word baptize there

ps, the word baptize is not in verse 5
You appear to be assuming that v.14 is the only verse in all of holy scripture.

God does not condense all of the truth that can be known on a subject in singular verses.

He has given us the whole of the Bible to teach us everything that needs to be known on every subject.