The Plight of the Messianics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't remember the name of the woman. Did she have family members that were killed in the camps?

Yes, her family hid Jews from the nazi's and Got caught and were sent to concentration camps themselves. Look up forgiveness video by Corrie ten Boom on youtube.

Reactions: Truman

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was Corrie Ten Boom, although I do not know if she was Jewish.
There may have been another one, but Corrie Ten Boom was not a Jew. Rather she and her family were Christians who risked their own lives to save Jews fleeing from the Nazis. Finally they were caught and when the Allied armies were retaking the Netherlands, the German transferred local prisoners including Corrie and her sister, Betsy to Germany. The concentration camp where she was sent, was not Auschwitz, but Ravensbruck.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There may have been another one, but Corrie Ten Boom was not a Jew. Rather she and her family were Christians who risked their own lives to save Jews fleeing from the Nazis. Finally they were caught and when the Allied armies were retaking the Netherlands, the German transferred local prisoners including Corrie and her sister, Betsy to Germany. The concentration camp where she was sent, was not Auschwitz, but Ravensbruck.
That's why us young bucks appreciate you old-timers...a treasure-trove of information. Lol

Reactions: amadeus

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I read of a woman who survived Auschwitz and later came to Christ. Years later, she ran into a man who was a guard in her camp. He had also became a follower of Yeshua. He asked her to for give him. Though it took her awhile, she finally did.
A Jew forgave a Nazi...will wonders never cease?
We are to love those who hate us
Bless those who curse us
Pray for those who mistreat us
Give to those who take from us
I'm speaking to myself first.
I know of 2 married couples all 4 who were Jews with the numbers on their arms neatly done like a stamp, they were all in Auschwitz and nicer people you could ever meet, they had every reason to be bitter, but that did not exist at all, because they knew such was truly a step in the wrong direction.
I do not think that they forgave the Nazis at all, but they knew what the evil of Man was all about.
They had lost every one in their family and another old Jew I met some years ago was the same story, I was looking out to sea and he came up to me and said the whale season is next month ?
I was just enjoying looking out at the sea as I am not into Whales at all and we started talking till the sun went down, he had just been harassed by a woman in the surf club, that he was having lunch at and a typical fem-a-Nazi that you get nowadays ranting and raving about anything that is not Politically Correct.
He was not impressed about such a person and brought up that she was just like the Nazis were back in the days and then he informed me about such things and that at the end of WW2 he was just a 13yo Kid and on deaths door when an American came into the hospital and pointed out that his grand father was an American and so he could talk just a little English and that's what saved him but all his family were dead by then.

One couple that I mentioned before, We went to quote a job for and they said that they gave us the Job because we had a Jewish Sir name. They were very rich and their Business was built on top Quality workmanship.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I say that I'm of Hebrew descent, the world calls me a Jew. Fine.
Traditional Jews say that because my parents didn't call themselves Jews, then I'm not. Fine.
Right after leading worship in a revival that went around the world, God told me 3 times, in 3 identical situations, 3 weeks apart, that I was a Levite. 23 years later, He proved it to me. Then He confirmed it through the teachings of an orthodox Jewish scholar. Why?
Why do I care that the last day of the week is the sabbath? Why do I care that the church does not replace Israel? Why do I care that today may be our Messiah's birthday (correction: Yom Kippur starts today, Sukkot the 20th)? Why do I make life so much harder for myself by saying the things I do?
Because it's in my DNA, I guess. I hear that DNA tests are being developed. I'll take one when it's time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ancient

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Traditional Jews say that because my parents didn't call themselves Jews, then I'm not. Fine.
Right after leading worship in a revival that went around the world, God told me 3 times, in 3 identical situations, 3 weeks apart, that I was a Levite. 23 years later, He proved it to me. Then He confirmed it through the teachings of an orthodox Jewish scholar. Why?
Why do I care that the last day of the week is the sabbath? Why do I care that the church does not replace Israel? Why do I care that today may be our Messiah's birthday? Why do I make life so much harder for myself by saying the things I do?
Because it's in my DNA, I guess. I hear that DNA tests are being developed. I'll take one when it's time.

God repeats something three times when he really means it. He has spoke things to me and repeated it three times. He does that in the Bible too. Just sayin

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do I care that the last day of the week is the sabbath? Why do I care that the church does not replace Israel? Why do I care that today may be our Messiah's birthday (correction: Yom Kippur starts today, Sukkot the 20th)? Why do I make life so much harder for myself by saying the things I do?

Hey Brother its called being grafted in Rom 11. I love being grafted into the natural olive tree Israel and am more than happy, no absolutely ecstatic to have that root support me. That root being essentially Yeshua Hamashiach of the tribe of Judah of the House of David, therefore fulfilling the prophecy that there will never cease to be a king of the House of David from David's line on the throne and that the scepter will never depart from Judah.

Never ever ever ever be ashamed of who you are brother

Shalom Aleichem

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What advantage is there? Good question. I've only recently come to understand that, being of Hebrew descent, albeit ancient, I'm viewed as a Jew. That's fine, I already have this unexplainable love for, and attraction to, my distant kin, Messianic, Orthodox, or other.
For some strange reason that I have difficulty understanding, I can feel my Hebrewnish in my bones...in my D.N.A.
I, Truman Coates, am a Jew! Man, it still, somewhere in me, seems unreal.

I have Jewish ancestry myself but a few generations back now!

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus is the word of God...the Tanakh is the word of God.
I'm not saying anything, I'm just speculating. God has made promises to Israel that have not yet been fulfilled.
Then there's the 12 tribes in the book of Revelation. The word of God means what it says...except for there?
I did find an online Messianic group that accepts Jews, Hebrews, and Christians...but seem to be cessationists.
I'm called to this...I can't ignore it.
Okay, who's gonna pile on me the love of Christ first?

As I understand it, the 144, 000 represents the people's of Israel. The gentle church is additional number to this one.

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus is the word of God...the Tanakh is the word of God.
I'm not saying anything, I'm just speculating. God has made promises to Israel that have not yet been fulfilled.
Then there's the 12 tribes in the book of Revelation. The word of God means what it says...except for there?
I did find an online Messianic group that accepts Jews, Hebrews, and Christians...but seem to be cessationists.
I'm called to this...I can't ignore it.
Okay, who's gonna pile on me the love of Christ first?

Is it a Torah observant group ? I joined one but was told I had sinned against God by having a covid vaccine because abortion is forbidden by God. I left as they were hostile to me there. I also was told that born again Christians aren't God's true people because only Torah observance distinguishes whether you truly belong to God or not

Reactions: Ancient and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I got my dates mixed up. Sukkot begins, I believe, on the 20th.
I, as a follower of Yeshua, am a spiritual Jew. I am also descended from physical Israel.
But I do not view myself as a Messianic Jew.
A Messianic Jew can live in Israel...I can't, at least not yet.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it a Torah observant group ? I joined one but was told I had sinned against God by having a covid vaccine because abortion is forbidden by God. I left as they were hostile to me there. I also was told that born again Christians aren't God's true people because only Torah observance distinguishes whether you truly belong to God or not
Based out of Jerusalem, they were probably Torah-observant, though they didn't push it. One thing I've learned is, wherever you go, people are people. My spirit has been born-again, I believe God spent 20 years purifying the soul of this Levite, Yeshua dwells in me!
It is for freedom that Messiah set us free. I read from Genesis to Revelation, as I am led by the Spirit of Truth.
To me, observing the sabbath, Torah, etc., are acts of love towards God. I believe that they are for our benefit.
He is slowly teaching me some of these things. He is so gentle.

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I got my dates mixed up. Sukkot begins, I believe, on the 20th.

Yep, living in Australia we are leaving for Sukkot in a few hours. Halleluyah it is going to be so so good. Tabernacles is a wonderful feast time and fellowship with my people.

Blessings and Shalom

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I, as a follower of Yeshua, am a spiritual Jew. I am also descended from physical Israel.
But I do not view myself as a Messianic Jew.
A Messianic Jew can live in Israel...I can't, at least not yet.

I see you as messianic in that you believe in Jesus!

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

Absolutely unadulterated eisegesis.