The (potential) Treachery of Doctrine > My way, or the highway >

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are your motives for Bible study and sharing?
Precious friend, thanks for asking; As Paul was, I pray I am simply ( 'nothing' but, ) just a
humble 'co-labourer' With Him ( God ), hopefully pointing ( planting/watering ) some
( or one? ) in the 'right direction' so that they may be prepared to 'receive rewards' At
Judgment:

"I have planted, Apollos watered; But God Gave the increase. So then neither is he that
planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; But God That Giveth the increase. Now he
that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward
according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's
husbandry, ye are God's building."​

According to The Grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have
laid The Foundation, and another buildeth Thereon. But let every man take heed how
he buildeth Thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than That is laid, Which Is
Jesus Christ.
Now IF any man build upon This Foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood,
hay, stubble; Every man's work Shall Be Made Manifest: for The Day Shall Declare
it, because it Shall Be Revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of
what sort it is.​
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he Shall Receive a reward.​
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: But he himself Shall Be Saved;
yet so as by fire." (1 Corinthians 3:6-15)​

IF even 'one' soul was helped, then All Thanks and Praise Be To The 'Increaser,' God Himself!

Precious friend, as always, Be Encouraged and Edified, In Christ.

Amen.

Reactions: St. SteVen

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
Your way, or the highway?

Right.
Or is there consensus on what "God's Way" even is?

Differing definitions of what "God's Way" is could send followers separate ways.
Hopefully to the same destination, but perhaps not.

Some might reply, "Just follow the Bible."
But again, we have a lack of consensus on what that means.

On the brighter side, God can use more than one path to get us to the goal.
Ultimately through Christ. But how that plays out may differ for each individual.

Therefore, "One Lord, One faith, One baptism. One road to life.", isn't very helpful. IMHO
The only Way is thru Christ = even under the OT before the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

The individual way also is thru Christ who is "the Author and Finisher of our faith"

The Corporate way is also thru Christ = "this is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you"

Where does one begin???

"Today, if you hear His Voice, harden not your heart"

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God"

Of course there is the other way...................

Reactions: St. SteVen

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's way sir. I am nothing, just one who does my best to remain loyal to Him.

There in lies the ultimate problem. Everyone supposed they are acting ON God’s authority rather than ABOUT God’s authority.

1 Jn 5:3 Mat 7:21 Obedience is the key Wrangler

Not in this case because there is no doctrinal purity command in Scripture to obey. That's why I wrote about humility.

Given that God's way begins in humility, not too many people can really see it.
Again I say, Jesus said to follow him. He did not say and believe all this as doctrine too.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one doctrine approved by God
1Timothy 6:3,
- If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words of our Lord Jesus Christ and to the  doctrine which accords with godliness

2Timothy 1:13,
- Holdfast the pattern of sound teaching which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus

Can We Understand The Bible

When old testament people read the law of God they understood it
For example,
Nehemiah 8:8,
- So they read in the book of the law of God distinctly and gave the sense and caused them to  understand the reading.

Timothy was said to have...
2Timothy 3:15,
- from a child known the holy Scriptures which are able to make thee wise unto salvation

If Timothy could know the Scriptures from a child, then surely we can come to know and understand them as well.

Paul said we may understand the Bible.
Ephesians 3:4,
- Whereby when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ

It may be that we dont understand the Bible because we haven't read it enough.

God EXPECTS us to understand His will,
Ephesians 5:17,
- Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is

Do you think God would give us a book containing His will for us, command us to read it and then make it too difficult to understand?

How often do you think one should study the Bible?
Answer: Acts 17:11,
- Now these were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica in that they received the word with all readiness and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so

How much do you think this would effect ones understanding if we were like the Bereans?

Why do you think some folks would want to convince you that the Bible cannot be understood?
Ephesians 4:13,
- till we  all come to the  unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God to a  perfect man to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ

Gods word reveals to us that we can all be unified in our understanding of that one gospel.

There is no unity of understanding the one doctrine of Christ on this website.

Paul demands it! God demands it! Yet people teach it is ok to have different personal interpretations.

1 Corinthians 1:10,
- Now I plead with you brethren by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you  all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods word reveals to us that we can all be unified in our understanding of that one gospel.

There is no unity of understanding the one doctrine of Christ on this website.
Do you see what you did there? You dropped the gospel in referring to doctrine.

People here do agree that Jesus is our lord and savior. The good news, the gospel is the long anticipated Messiah has come in the form of Jesus to save the world from sin.

It's so simple. People tend to complicate it beyond that basic simplicity to no good end.

My church has dropped the pretense of doctrinal purity. Bring people to Christ. Let the Holy Spirit do the rest. Our job is planting. The Holy Spirit's job is reaping the harvest. Knowledge (of doctrine) was the 1st IDOL; it's temptation remains a powerful inducement to sin.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

People here do agree that Jesus is our lord and savior. The good news, the gospel is the long anticipated Messiah has come in the form of Jesus to save the world from sin.

It's so simple. People tend to complicate it beyond that basic simplicity to no good end.

My church has dropped the pretense of doctrinal purity. Bring people to Christ. Let the Holy Spirit do the rest. Our job is planting. The Holy Spirit's job is reaping the harvest. Knowledge (of doctrine) was the 1st IDOL; it's temptation remains a powerful inducement to sin.
What I did was quote scripture.
The Bible uses doctrine as a positive
Doctrine =teaching
The gospel of Jesus Christ is good news
The apostles taught the good news to all creation, Mark 16:15-16
When any Christian teaches the gospel to the lost. They are sharing the doctrine of Christ(gospel) with the world.

I'm not involved in anything that is underhanded.
Your churches doctrines has got you so confused you dont know sound teaching when you hear it.

2John 1:9,
- Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ(gospel) does not have God,
He who abides in the doctrine of Christ(gospel) has both the Father and the Son

My church has dropped the pretense of doctrinal purity.
Matthew 22:29,
- Jesus answered and said to them,
You do err, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel of Jesus Christ is good news
Agreed. Nothing more, nothing less is Biblical doctrine.
Your churches doctrines has got you so confused you dont know sound teaching when you hear it.
Judgementalism is strong in you.
You do err, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God
Again, Judgementalism is strong in you. In fact, I do know Scripture and the power of God as well as the seduction of IDOLATRY in the form of doctrine.

Reactions: face2face

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Titus is right-

Deu_32:2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Job_11:4 For thou hast said, My doctrine is pure, and I am clean in thine eyes.

Pro_4:2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.

Isa_28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isa_29:24 They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.

Jer_10:8 But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities.

Mat_7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

Mat_16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Mat_22:33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

Mar_1:22 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes.

Mar_1:27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.

Mar_4:2 And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine,

Mar_11:18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.

Mar_12:38 And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

Luk_4:32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

Joh_7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Joh_7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Joh_18:19 The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine.

Act_2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Act_5:28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

Act_13:12 Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.

Act_17:19 And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

Rom_6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom_16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

1Co_14:6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

1Co_14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

Eph_4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

1Ti_1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

1Ti_1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

1Ti_4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

1Ti_4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

1Ti_4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

1Ti_5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

1Ti_6:1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

1Ti_6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

2Ti_3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti_4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti_4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Tit_1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Tit_2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

Tit_2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

Tit_2:10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

Heb_6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Now do some homework.
Johann.

Reactions: David in NJ

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What a sad post. What did you do; search for every use of the word ‘doctrine’ in a translation?

What chapter in the Bible lists the totality of doctrinal purity?
Just proving your assertion wrong-as it stands written-and @Titus spot on.

Doctrine
DOCTRINE, noun [Latin , to teach.]

1. In a general sense, whatever is taught. Hence, a principle or position in any science; whatever is laid down as true by an instructor or master. The doctrines of the gospel are the principles or truths taught by Christ and his apostles. The doctrines of Plato are the principles which he taught. Hence a doctrine may be true or false; it may be a mere tenet or opinion.

2. The act of teaching.

He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in his doctrine Mark 4:2.

3. Learning; knowledge.

Whom shall he make to understand doctrine? Isaiah 28:9.

4. The truths of the gospel in general.

That they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things. Titus 2:1.

5. Instruction and confirmation in the truths of the gospel. 2 Timothy 3:10.

Do not add-or subtract from what stands written-including doctrines/doctrine.

Not pilfering, but showing all good reliability, that they may adorn the hora'ah (teaching) of Hashem Moshieynu in all things.

Tit 2:10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

Transliteration: didaskalian
Morphology: N-AFS
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's no.: G1319 (διδασκαλία)
Meaning: Instruction, teaching.

There is only one "way" to eternal life—our relationship with God made possible by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ (John 14:6). The notion of "many paths, all leading us to the same place" is utterly erroneous. If the gospel is changed, or any of the associated doctrines are changed, the resulting body of understanding will produce a different faith than that which is necessary for salvation. Purity of the gospel and doctrine is extremely important.

David C. Grabbe

If you want to cut out didaskalian-you may want to "cut out" all teachings and instructions as it stands written.

The scripture references is not for your benefit-but to others.
Shalom
Johann.

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:4 For thou hast said, My doctrine is pure, and I am clean in thine eyes.
Hallelujah, Johann you are speaking the oracles of God,!!!!!
1Peter 4:11,
- If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God....

Everyone who is reading this, take special consideration to Wranglers teaching/doctrine and the Word of God that Johann has proclaimed,

Judgementalism is strong in you. In fact, I do know Scripture
My church has dropped the pretense of doctrinal purity.
Wrangler's sect's doctrine is to NOT believe in doctrinal purity!!!
Now hear Johann quote the power of pure doctrine!
Job_11:4 For thou hast said, My doctrine is  pure
Gods word teaches us the One doctrine of our Almighty God is pure.
Wrangler's sects doctrine is to disbelieve the "pretense" of doctrinal purity.

Now who is rightly dividing the word of God?

Johann?
Or
Wrangler's sectarian church?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can go through some of God's commandments SteVen, what are we commanded to do at Hebrews 10:24,25 sir?
Odd that you would choose that scripture. Not even a 'command".
Not clear what it has to do with the topic of discussion either.
Can you connect the dots for us? Thanks.

Hebrews 10:24-25 NIV
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,
25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—
and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Reactions: David in NJ

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hallelujah, Johann you are speaking the oracles of God,!!!!!
1Peter 4:11,
- If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God....

Everyone who is reading this, take special consideration to Wranglers teaching/doctrine and the Word of God that Johann has proclaimed,

Wrangler's sect's doctrine is to NOT believe in doctrinal purity!!!
Now hear Johann quote the power of pure doctrine!

Gods word teaches us the One doctrine of our Almighty God is pure.
Wrangler's sects doctrine is to disbelieve the "pretense" of doctrinal purity.

Now who is rightly dividing the word of God?

Johann?
Or
Wrangler's sectarian church?
In an ultimate sense you are right Titus, but I also believe Wrangler is correct as well.

Let's take Paul as an example .

He introduced "Truth" to Ephesus in Acts 18:19. And after he left, Apollos visited the city proclaiming the doctrine
of John the Baptist (see verse 24). But Paul's friends, Aquila and Priscilia, hearing him in the synagogue, formed an acquaintance
with him, and expounded unto him "the way" of God more perfectly" (see verse 26).

The point here is found in there being varying; degrees of doctrinal truth or purity as is being put.

Now I put to you that wasnt an isolated case and in today's context I'm certain the range of understanding is far more extreme than the first century believers.

In the end Jesus was presented as the Christ, and all is well.

You might have Johann who believes doctrinal purity is achievable but what if he was shown to be 100% wrong is his understanding? In what then can he boast? And, is he humble enough to have the way expounded more perfectly?

In reality, the pursuit of doctrinal purity was the sole contributor of the vast array of denominations existing at the time of Christ...take the Pharisees and the Sadducee's - one believing in the resurrection and the other denying it altogether. And what of today; some believe in soul sleep while other believes in spirits wafting off to heaven.

In the end, it's "let every man be convinced in his own mind" and when he who comes whose right it is to separate the sheep from goats; wheat from tares only then will the full understanding of doctrinal purity be revealed.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face :IDK:: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Some see through glass painted with black out paint, while others see a glimmer of light.

@Wrangler has the wisdom to know the pursuit of doctrinal purity will see you divide, divide again, and divide more and more, until you are a man on an island, with Bible in hand and no one to hear your proclamation of doctrinal purity.

F2F

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point here is found in there being varying; degrees of doctrinal truth or purity as is being put.
NO SIR! There is no such thing as "varying degrees of truth"
Truth which is from God is ABSOLUTE.
It is or it isn't there are no grey areas!

Let me explain what is taking place in Acts 18 and 19.

Apollos was powerful in the Scriptures meaning he was educated in the word of God,
Acts 18:24,
- Now a certain jew named Apollos born at Alexandria, an eloquent man and mighty in the Scriptures,
came to Ephesus

25 - This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he only knew the baptism of John

26 - So he began to speak boldly in the synagogue, when Aquila and Priscilla heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately

Apollos taught the 12 men from Ephesus. He wrongly baptized them into John's baptism.
John's baptism was OVER, OBSOLETE, OLD TESTAMENT COMMAND.

In Acts 18 and 19 This is now the new testament, Jesus' gospel is now in force.
In Jesus' new will and testament His baptism is the only baptism that is to be obeyed.
John's baptism is made obsolete by Jesus' new gospel.

Apollos wrongly baptized them into John' baptism.
Paul is going to straighten this mess out and teach them the whole gospel, the entire doctrine of Jesus Christ.
This is why Paul has them re-baptized into Jesus' baptism.

Apollos taught false doctrine because he was ignorant
Paul is going to teach them the One true doctrine of Jesus Christ.

Acts 19:1,
- and it happened while Apollos was at Corinth that Paul having passed through the upper regions came to Ephesus and finding some disciples
he said to them Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed
So they said to him, we have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit
And Paul said to them. Into what then were you baptized, So they answered into John's baptism
Then Paul said, John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance saying to the people that they should believe on Jesus who would come after John, that is on Christ Jesus
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Paul taught the truth to them.
Apollos not knowing any better taught error.

Paul taught them and then baptized them in Jesus' new testament gospel.
Paul corrected Apollos' error.

God only has ONE doctrine. That One doctrine is perfect. It is not up for private interpretation, 2Peter 1:20

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In an ultimate sense you are right Titus, but I also believe Wrangler is correct as well.

Let's take Paul as an example .

He introduced "Truth" to Ephesus in Acts 18:19. And after he left, Apollos visited the city proclaiming the doctrine
of John the Baptist (see verse 24). But Paul's friends, Aquila and Priscilia, hearing him in the synagogue, formed an acquaintance
with him, and expounded unto him "the way" of God more perfectly" (see verse 26).

Now I put to you that wasnt an isolated case and in today's context I'm certain the range of understanding is far more extreme than the first century believers.

In the end Jesus was presented as the Christ, and all is well.

You might have Johann who believes doctrinal purity is achievable but what if he was shown to be 100% wrong is his understanding? In what then can he boast? And, is he humble enough to have the way expounded more perfectly?

In reality, the pursuit of doctrinal purity was the sole contributor of the vast array of denominations existing at the time of Christ...take the Pharisees and the Sadducee's - one believing in the resurrection and the other denying it altogether. And what of today; some believe in soul sleep while other believes in spirits wafting off to heaven.

In the end, it's "let every man be convinced in his own mind" and when he who comes whose right it is to separate the sheep from goats; wheat from tares only then will the full understanding of doctrinal purity be revealed.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face :IDK:: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Some see through glass painted with black out paint, while others see a glimmer of light.

@Wrangler has the wisdom to know the pursuit of doctrinal purity will see you divide, divide again, and divide more and more, until you are a man on an island, with Bible in hand and no one to hear your proclamation of doctrinal purity.

F2F
Doctrinal purity is what the LORD Jesus taught = "IAM the Way the Truth and the Life" and "Thy word is Truth"

Divisions come from the same source that said: "Did God really say....."

God's commands = Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19

jw's do not walk in doctrinal purity as they corrupt the Holy Scriptures for their god

Seek to know what Aquila and Priscila knew and you'll be on the Path that leads to LIFE.

Reactions: Titus and Johann

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO SIR! There is no such thing as "varying degrees of truth"
Truth which is from God is ABSOLUTE.
It is or it isn't there are no grey areas!

Let me explain what is taking place in Acts 18 and 19.

Apollos was powerful in the Scriptures meaning he was educated in the word of God,
Acts 18:24,
- Now a certain jew named Apollos born at Alexandria, an eloquent man and mighty in the Scriptures,
came to Ephesus

25 - This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he only knew the baptism of John

26 - So he began to speak boldly in the synagogue, when Aquila and Priscilla heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately

Apollos taught the 12 men from Ephesus. He wrongly baptized them into John's baptism.
John's baptism was OVER, OBSOLETE, OLD TESTAMENT COMMAND.

In Acts 18 and 19 This is now the new testament, Jesus' gospel is now in force.
In Jesus' new will and testament His baptism is the only baptism that is to be obeyed.
John's baptism is made obsolete by Jesus' new gospel.

Apollos wrongly baptized them into John' baptism.
Paul is going to straighten this mess out and teach them the whole gospel, the entire doctrine of Jesus Christ.
This is why Paul has them re-baptized into Jesus' baptism.

Apollos taught false doctrine because he was ignorant
Paul is going to teach them the One true doctrine of Jesus Christ.

Acts 19:1,
- and it happened while Apollos was at Corinth that Paul having passed through the upper regions came to Ephesus and finding some disciples
he said to them Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed
So they said to him, we have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit
And Paul said to them. Into what then were you baptized, So they answered into John's baptism
Then Paul said, John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance saying to the people that they should believe on Jesus who would come after John, that is on Christ Jesus
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Paul taught the truth to them.
Apollos not knowing any better taught error.

Paul taught them and then baptized them in Jesus' new testament gospel.
Paul corrected Apollos' error.

God only has ONE doctrine. That One doctrine is perfect. It is not up for private interpretation, 2Peter 1:20

There are many Apollos preaching today.

Reactions: Titus and Johann