The Pre-Trib Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why exactly should we not accept this passage exactly as it is written?

Revelation 20:1-3 KJV
1) And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2) And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3) And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Bound, but not bound? Shut up, but not shut up? That he shouldn't deceive the nations for 1000 years, except that he can? No, I'll stay with the reading of Scripture. This is prophetic narrative. There is no reason to disbelieve it.

Much love!

Reactions: ewq1938

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Choose to not believe and be left behind if you want=no skin off my nose!!!

1 Thess 4:15 Those that fight and reject the rapture are left behind!!!
The catching up of believers IS the rapture.
15 I can tell you this directly from the Lord: that we who are still living when the Lord returns will not rise to meet him ahead of those who are in their graves. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a mighty shout and with the soul-stirring cry of the archangel and the great trumpet-call of God. And the believers who are dead will be the first to rise to meet the Lord. 17 Then we who are still alive and remain on the earth """will be caught up""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. 18 So comfort and encourage each other with this news.===Caught up IS the rapture. After the years of the great tribulation Jesus will return to earth and bring the raptured believers with Him and defeat all evil and set up His eternal kingdom here on earth and God will have His home here for all eternity!. PTL
So, you're saying the basis for being left behind or not is whether or not you believe in a pre-trib rapture and not whether or not you have faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? What nonsense!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes 1 Peter 5:8 says, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour but you fail to complete the teaching of the passage or grasp the power the believer possesses. The very next verse 1 Peter 5:9 affirms, “whom resist stedfast in the faith.” We have power over Satan since the cross!

While Satan resists you, the Bible says you have power to resist him, and subjugate his purposes against you.

In fact, James 4:7 tells us what happens when you do resist, “Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” This is a well-tested principle that the saints of old have proved down through the years. You resist, he must flee. When the devil plants a temptation, a doubt or a fear, you simply have to resist it, whereupon Satan must get his boots on and run. This word “flee” in the original is the Greek word pheugo. It means to escape, flee away or vanish.

1. Satan is a spiritual being.
2. Spiritual chains restraint spiritual beings in Scripture.
3. Revelation is saturated in figurative language.
4. There is NO other Scripture that corroborates the Premillennial interpretation of Revelation 20 that Satan will be bound for a time-span of 1000 years after the Second Advent then released for a "little season" to deceive the nations, and then destroyed.
5. Scripture teaches that Satan has already fell from heaven and now present in the Abyss (John 12:31-33 and Revelation 12:9-13). Peter 2:4, Jude v 6 and Revelation 9:1-11 shows the demonic world in a current spiritually bound condition in the abyss.
6. Matthew 12:22-29, Mark 3:11, 23-27, Luke 10:18-19, Luke 11:20-22, John 12:31-33 Colossians 2:13-15, Hebrews 2:14-15, I John 3:8, Revelation 9:1-11, Revelation 12:7-9 and Revelation 20:2 prove Satan was cast out, bound, defeated, incapacitated, divested of power, disarmed, brought to naught, undone, stripped and spiritually imprisoned through Christ's sinless life, atoning death and triumphant resurrection. Colossians 2:15 tells us: “having spoiled (or divested or disarmed) principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.” Satan has not been rendered immobile or inoperative but is limited in his power, kingship and influence by being defeated on the cross. He is like a dog on a chain. He is shackled.
Great post, Paul. Premils just don't recognize the difference between what Satan was able to do in Old Testament times compared to New Testament times. He went from being able to keep a vast majority of the world as slaves to the fear of death (Hebrews 2:14-15) in Old Testament times to not being able to keep many millions of people from being set free from the fear of death because of the hope of eternal life in Christ in New Testament times. John said that the reason Jesus came the first time was to destroy the works of the devil. He has not failed to do that! He bound Satan and has been destroying his works for almost 2,000 years now.

Reactions: WPM

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why exactly should we not accept this passage exactly as it is written?

Revelation 20:1-3 KJV
1) And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2) And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3) And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Bound, but not bound? Shut up, but not shut up? That he shouldn't deceive the nations for 1000 years, except that he can? No, I'll stay with the reading of Scripture. This is prophetic narrative. There is no reason to disbelieve it.

Much love!
A dragon being bound with a chain is clearly figurative language. But, it should be understood literally? Really? No. Satan, a spirit being, can't be literally bound with a chain. Think about this more carefully instead of making assumptions based on a carnal rather than spiritual perspective.

And, no, no one is saying that he can deceive the nations while he is bound. Some of us are saying that your understanding of what deceiving the nations means is flawed. It relates to Satan's ability to keep the nations (especially the Gentile nations) in spiritual darkness like he was able to do in Old Testament times. But the shining light of the gospel throughout the world has prevented him from doing that like he was able to do in Old Testament times. Do you think there is no difference between what Satan was able to do in Old Testament times compared to New Testament times? If so, then what do you make of passages like these:

Hebrews 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

1 John 3:8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.

Acts 26:17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always a blind eye to the truth of scripture. The Word says the gathering is before the Day of the Lord. (The End of the age)
It says no such thing. In 2 Thess 2:1-3 it indicate that the gathering occurs ON the day of the Lord. Paul uses the phrase "the day of the Lord" synonymously with our being gathered to Him at His second coming there.

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

In verse 1, Paul refers to "the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him". Instead of saying all of that again, He refers to that event as "the day of the Lord" in verse 2. And then as "that day" in verse 3. This is obvious. Only doctrinal bias can prevent someone from seeing something so obvious.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it every time we are warned about being ignorant to the Word it falls in your wheelhouse? Maybe you should read all of the chapter.
2 Peter 3
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Do you just pretend this isn't in scripture?

Rev 20
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

I can only post the scriptures; I can't help your blindness or unwillingness to accept the written Word of God.
Are you suggesting that you think the day of the Lord lasts for one thousand years? Will it take that long for Him to burn up the heavens and the earth like 2 Peter 3:10-12 describes? You shouldn't be so quick to mock someone else's beliefs when your belief about the duration of the day of the Lord is a complete joke.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure how Peter can make his point any clearer. It should be obvious.

be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Then why are you ignorant of what that means? Do you think the Lord is confined within the realm of time that He created? That verse is NOT saying that one 24 hour day to us is equivalent to a thousand years to the Lord as you seem to believe. That would imply that time affects the Lord but just in a different way than it affects us. No! That is not the case. Time does not affect the Lord AT ALL. He exists outside of time since He created time. So, what that verse means is that no amount of time, whether a 24 hour day, a thousand years, or any length of time makes any difference to the Lord because He is not affected by time. And because He is not affected by time, that explains what Peter said in the next verse.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Some people would say that the Lord is being slow to fulfill the promise of His second coming, but that is only from a human perspective. From the Lord's perspective, He is not being slow to fulfill that promise at all since He is not affected by time at all.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much Scripture proves that Jesus is "the first resurrection" (Acts 26:23 and Revelation 20:6), "the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18), "the firstfruits of them that slept" (1 Corinthians 15:20), "first begotten of the dead" (Revelation 1:5).

Matthew 12:22-29, Mark 3:11, 23-27, Luke 10:18-19, Luke 11:20-22, John 12:31-33 Colossians 2:13-15, Hebrews 2:14-15, I John 3:8, Revelation 9:1-11 and Revelation 20:2 prove Satan was bound, defeated, incapacitated, divested of power, disarmed, brought to naught, undone, stripped and spiritually imprisoned through Christ's sinless life, atoning death and triumphant resurrection. Colossians 2:15 tells us: “having spoiled (or divested or disarmed) principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.” Satan has not been rendered immobile or inoperative but is limited in his power, kingship and influence by being defeated on the cross. He is like a dog on a chain. He is shackled.
Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life. The first resurrection is a permanent incorruptible physical body. The first resurrection is not a person.

You avoided the point about the Second Coming being unexpected.

Satan does not need to be bound now. Sin has people deceived, not Satan.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pre-Trib Rapture
OP ^

Yes. For some, not others.
For Who? Me, @marks, a few others, who can name themselves.
Why? Already made Whole, body, soul, spirit.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A dragon being bound with a chain is clearly figurative language. But, it should be understood literally? Really? No. Satan, a spirit being, can't be literally bound with a chain.

In other words SI does not believe God can make something he calls a "chain" and have an angel bind satan with that "chain". Also take note that not one word is mentioned about being locked and sealed in a pit. Amillennialists only wants to talk about "binding" not the other things done to satan.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Pre-Trib Rapture
OP ^

Yes. For some, not others.
For Who? Me, @marks, a few others, who can name themselves.
Why? Already made Whole, body, soul, spirit.
The idea of a pre-trib rapture is very pretentious, it means you have judged yourself worthy to be taken to heaven.
The Bible says: We die and then comes the Judgment.
So, do you plan on dying, then going directly to heaven? But Judgment must come next and when is that Judgment? Revelation 20:11-15

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of a pre-trib rapture is very pretentious, it means you have judged yourself worthy to be taken to heaven.

Let me get this straight.
You are judging me, by claiming for me, that I have judged myself...
Gaslighter!!

First Lie...I have said nothing about judging myself.

Now moving on to the Facts; The Lord is my Judge.

If and when the Lord Judges a person, Do you think that Judgement is a “SECRET” to that person?

The Bible says: We die and then comes the Judgment.

The Bible says....Death, then Judgement?
“Then”? Immediately or soon afterward?

So, do you plan on dying, then going directly to heaven?

Wait...

But Judgment must come next and when is that Judgment? Revelation 20:11-15

Wait...You just said ...
“Death, then Judgement’....
“Judgement must come next”....
And
That judgement”....

THAT” judgement opposed to what other judgements?
Can you answer?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Bible says....Death, then Judgement?
“Then”? Immediately or soon afterward?
The dead lie in their graves and they Know nothing, Job 14:10-12, Eccl 9:5
So in the case of Adam, it will be nearly 7000 years before he stands before God; along with everyone who has ever lived. Revelation 20:11-15
THAT” judgement opposed to what other judgements?
Can you answer?
There are other Judgments, of the House of Judah, the sheep and goats, . But the final one, after the Millennium, is of every individual.
What is sure is that we do not go straight to heaven at our death and is even more sure: before death, in a 'rapture'.

There is no sense or reason and no scripture for the Lord to take His people away from the earth.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dead lie in their graves and they Know nothing, Job 14:10-12, Eccl 9:5

Dead what is your understanding goes to the grave?
Body’s? souls? spirits?

So in the case of Adam, it will be nearly 7000 years before he stands before God; along with everyone who has ever lived. Revelation 20:11-15

No one is disputing, all are judged.

There are other Judgments, of the House of Judah, the sheep and goats, . But the final one, after the Millennium, is of every individual.

During every man’s life span, Isn’t God entering information about that man into “His Books”?
Is that Evidentiary facts? Continual Judgements? Or Continual Justifications?

What is sure is that we do not go straight to heaven at our death

What do you mean by “we”? Body, soul, or spirit?

and is even more sure: before death, in a 'rapture'.

What are you talking about?
Who says the rapture is going to heaven before death?

There is no sense or reason and no scripture for the Lord to take His people away from the earth.

Do you remember learning of a time of God taking Anyone away from the Earth, while God destroyed the Earth? (Hint, Noah and his family)

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Dead what is your understanding goes to the grave?
Body’s? souls? spirits?
Nothing goes on in the grave. The dead cannot do anything.
No one is disputing, all are judged.
And when that Judgment happens is after the Millennium. Revelation 20:11-15
During every man’s life span, Isn’t God entering information about that man into “His Books”?
Is that Evidentiary facts? Continual Judgements? Or Continual Justifications?
Our name is in the Book of Life when we are born. If we sin, it it erased.
Interesting that abortion is a big issue right now. Maybe our name is Written in the Book at conception?
What do you mean by “we”? Body, soul, or spirit?
No one goes to heaven, Jesus said so; John 3:13 and many other proofs.
What are you talking about?
Who says the rapture is going to heaven before death?
Plenty of deluded Christians think they will be 'raptured' while alive, I'm pleased you don't think that.
Do you remember learning of a time of God taking Anyone away from the Earth, while God destroyed the Earth? (Hint, Noah and his family)
Noah and his family were not removed from the earth. We are promised protection, provided we stand firm in our faith and trust. Isaiah 43:2

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing goes on in the grave. The dead cannot do anything.

You avoided the express question.
What are you saying goes to the grave...?
Body’s? souls? spirits?

And when that Judgment happens is after the Millennium. Revelation 20:11-15

Again, not in dispute.

Our name is in the Book of Life when we are born. If we sin, it it erased.

I would say that this way;
God knew us BEFORE we are naturally born.
Gods BOOK of Life, likely existed from the Beginning of Gods Creation.
No, names are not ‘erased’.
Yes, the names are “blotted out”, Covered over, seen no more, remembered no more.

Interesting that abortion is a big issue right now. Maybe our name is Written in the Book at conception?

Conception ... is an idea put into motion of beginning to manifest the idea.

Adam for example. The Conception, was Gods idea. Gods ideas are manifested WITHIN God Himself. God Counsels WITHIN Himself...
His Thoughts, His Word, His Power, all in Agreement
(In Genesis, it is expressed as “let US”...”OUR”).
(In Job 15 & 38, reveals more about God within Himself is His own counselor.)

God had an IDEA, Gods idea thought, word, power...were all in Agreement.
Gods - IDEA was to create a MAN-kind of thing of Dust of the Earth.
*** The MYSTERY is “SEEDS”. Everything begins with a seed.
To Every SEED, God gives that seed it’s own BODY. (1 Cor 15:38)
Gods - HAND scooped Dust together to create a particular SHAPE, He called A MAN.
Gods - thought, word, power....accomplished the MAKING of that body.
(We being a manKIND of thing have discovered the wonderful parts, functions, abilities God Accomplished, in His MAKING of our bodies.)

Regarding the first MAN-kind of thing, “creation and making” of the First (called by the Name ADAM) and his Form (called a body)...
That complet-ED FORM, (BODY) was neither ALIVE or DEAD.

End of story...eh? No. AFTER the body was completely FORMED...
THEN was that body, MADE ALIVE, by, through, of the Power of Gods BREATH, God Himself, breathing “HIS” LIFE into the completely FORM-ED body.

Apparently SOME PEOPLE, believe, and think a mans thoughts, ideas, authority is trustworthy to supersede Gods Counsel, Gods Authority, Gods Way.
( I am not talking about Abortions. I am not talking about a developing process. I am expressly talking about WHEN according to God, and individual’s BODY is MADE ALIVE by Gods idea, word, power; Gods BREATH of Life.)

No one goes to heaven, Jesus said so; John 3:13 and many other proofs.

No Living Earthly man came down from Heaven nor goes up to Heaven.
WHICH Heaven did No Living Earthly man come down from?
* Gods Throne above the stars? Correct, no earthly man came from there.
* Gods Celestial host where we see the stars, sun, moon? Correct, no earthly man came from there.
* Gods Clouds? Correct, no earthly man came from there.

WHICH Heaven does No Living Earthly man Go to?
* Gods Throne Upper, Highest, 3rd Heaven, above the stars? Correct, no earthly man goes there.
* Gods hosts, stars, sun? Correct, no earthly man goes there.
* Gods moons? Other planets? Some men claim men HAVE gone to the Earth’s moon. (Approx a quarter Million miles away from the Earth’s surface.) Personal choices of men to believe it or not.
* Gods Clouds? Lower Heavens, sure. Men have been in Gods Lower Heavens...in air planes, on foot trecking up to mountain summits, (approx. 5- 20 miles above the face of the earth, (in the air) and (on foot, still on the face of the earth.)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plenty of deluded Christians think they will be 'raptured' while alive, I'm pleased you don't think that.

No, people do not believe they will be “RAPTURED” while ALIVE IN THEIR FLESH BODY.
1) First of all, “WHO” the Rapture APPLIES to IS a SPECIFIC “WHO”.
~
2) The Specific “WHO” is the Converted.
3) The “Converted” are those “WHO” “expressly” followed, believed, Agreed, to Confess TO the Lord God, “according to His Order and Way”, their HEARTFUL Belief IN the Lord God Almighty.
...THAT has nothing to do with men declaring their Religious preference, or Titles they pin on themselves.
...Believer, Christian, Protestant, Catholic, Water baptism, blah, blah, blah....IS NOT According to the Lord Gods Order and Way MEANING “Converted”.
4) The “Converted” are an EXPRESS group, that have BECOME “MADE” accomplished ( EXPRESSLY By, Through, Of, Christ the Lord Jesus’ ORDER, WAY, WORKS) MADE MEMBERS of Christ Jesus’ Church.

You appear to NOT KNOW, or UNDERSTAND, what “EXPRESSLY” makes “THAT” group; “Different from ALL OTHER men upon the face of the earth”.

Noah and his family were not removed from the earth.

Your statement reveals your LACK of Knowledge AND Understanding.
EARTH, IS DRY LAND. (Gen 1:10)

* Wet Land, IS NOT Dry Land.
* God Destroyed the Earth...ie DRY LAND, expressly by Covering the EARTH with WATER.
* Noah and his family, DID NOT GO THROUGH the WATER (Destruction)
* Noah and his family, WERE LIFTED UP ABOVE the EARTH while it was being Destroyed.
* Noah and his family, WERE LIFTED UP ABOVE the WATER, that WAS Destroying the Earth.

* IF you learned and Believed Gods Word...IF you understood Gods Word, you would KNOW...
* WHEN, HOW, WHERE, Noah and his family were LIFTED UP “TO”.

We are promised protection, provided we stand firm in our faith and trust. Isaiah 43:2

Yes, Prophecy was foretold of Gods promised protection....
That Promise has already BEEN REVEALED, AVAILABLE, MANIFESTED, FOR ANYONE to RECEIVE...

What exactly do you think that PROMISE of Protection IS?
Do you think when God decides to SEND DOWN FROM HEAVEN, “HIS” wrath and Tribulations upon the whole earth and it’s inhabitants...

That IF YOU are upon the Earth....and by whatever Name tag group you go by “Believers, Christians, or whatever”....that YOU will NOT be affected by, the rocks falling, lava pouring, from an earthquake? That YOU will NOT be affected by crop failures, famines, mud slides, roaring ocean waves, acreages burning?
....Can you answer?

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in Scripture teaches a rapture of the Church followed by a 7-year tribulation period followed by a 3rd coming of Christ?

It's everywhere. You just can't see it. How is it that you don't believe Jesus? You know He comes at the end of wrath, and yet He tells you:

Matthew 24
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

How do you not understand that we can escape ALL THESE THINGS that will come to pass and STAND BEFORE THE SON OF MAN?

Luke 21
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

You are expecting that there will be a scripture that tells you when Jesus will come and yet He tells you He is coming when you think not. I believe Him. There's a reason that Noah was in the ark 7 days before the flood. There's a reason that Jacob worked 7 more year for his chosen bride.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You avoided the express question.
What are you saying goes to the grave...?
Body’s? souls? spirits?
The state of suspended animation that all humans experience after death, for however many years pass; is for the dead person, an instant transition from life: to standing with all the rest of the dead before the Great White Throne Judgement of God. Revelation 20:11-15

Scripture says that when a person dies their soul goes back to God, who made it and because with God there is no time; then at the Great White Throne Judgement, after the Millennium, that soul; along with every soul that ever lived, is made conscious again at the time of Judgement. Revelation 20:12, There is no knowledge of any time passing between death and Judgement, just as Hebrews 9:27 says; It is the human lot to die once, then comes the Judgement.

Jesus said about Lazarus: He has fallen asleep… but then He clarified that Lazarus was really dead. John 11:11-14 Paul often mentions those who sleep in death.

So Lazarus’s resurrection was a preview of the saints raised with Jesus at His resurrection and those martyrs who will be raised at His Return, Revelation 20:4
They all received and will receive mortal bodies, that can be subject to death again.

But as Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56, there will be some Christians alive at the end of the Millennium, who will never die, they will be transformed at the time of Judgement into immortality, along with all the rest whose names are written in the Book of Life.

The parable about Abraham and Lazarus, the beggar: is a scene AFTER that GWT Judgement, a homily for all to realize what our fate will be if we refuse to honor God.

The flesh we currently inhabit will not be reconstituted, those worthy to go into Eternity with God will be spiritual beings. Matthew 22:30 In the resurrection…..they are like the angels in heaven.

Job 14:10-15 When a human dies, all his power vanishes, he is like a dried up river. So mortal man lies down and never to rise, until the heavens be no more!

Lord, I ask that You hide me in the grave, conceal me until Your wrath has passed, then Lord; remember me at Your appointed time! I will wait, however long it takes for the change to come. Then, You will summon me and I will answer: I am the work of Your hands.

The sequence is:
1/ We all die. The only exceptions will be those remaining alive at the end of the Millennium. Eccl 12:7, Isaiah 38:10-11, Acts 13:36

2/ The Lord’s wrath will pass; all as is prophesied to happen. Revelation 15:1

3/ The dead know nothing until the Appointed time for the Great White Throne Judgement, when there will be new heavens and a new earth. Revelation 21:1-4

4/ Then, for those whose names are written in the Book of Life, the change will come; into immortality for Eternity. As described in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says that when a person dies their soul goes back to God, who made it and because with God there is no time; then at the Great White Throne Judgement, after the Millennium, that soul; along with every soul that ever lived, is made conscious again at the time of Judgement. Revelation 20:12, There is no knowledge of any time passing between death and Judgement, just as Hebrews 9:27 says; It is the human lot to die once, then comes the Judgement.

Jesus said about Lazarus: He has fallen asleep… but then He clarified that Lazarus was really dead. John 11:11-14 Paul often mentions those who sleep in death.

So Lazarus’s resurrection was a preview of the saints raised with Jesus at His resurrection and those martyrs who will be raised at His Return, Revelation 20:4
They all received and will receive mortal bodies, that can be subject to death again.

But as Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56, there will be some Christians alive at the end of the Millennium, who will never die, they will be transformed at the time of Judgement into immortality, along with all the rest whose names are written in the Book of Life.

The parable about Abraham and Lazarus, the beggar: is a scene AFTER that GWT Judgement, a homily for all to realize what our fate will be if we refuse to honor God.

The flesh we currently inhabit will not be reconstituted, those worthy to go into Eternity with God will be spiritual beings. Matthew 22:30 In the resurrection…..they are like the angels in heaven.

Job 14:10-15 When a human dies, all his power vanishes, he is like a dried up river. So mortal man lies down and never to rise, until the heavens be no more!

Lord, I ask that You hide me in the grave, conceal me until Your wrath has passed, then Lord; remember me at Your appointed time! I will wait, however long it takes for the change to come. Then, You will summon me and I will answer: I am the work of Your hands.

The sequence is:
1/ We all die. The only exceptions will be those remaining alive at the end of the Millennium. Eccl 12:7, Isaiah 38:10-11, Acts 13:36

2/ The Lord’s wrath will pass; all as is prophesied to happen. Revelation 15:1

3/ The dead know nothing until the Appointed time for the Great White Throne Judgement, when there will be new heavens and a new earth. Revelation 21:1-4

4/ Then, for those whose names are written in the Book of Life, the change will come; into immortality for Eternity. As described in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56.
You promote "Soul Sleep" a teaching contrary to scripture

When a wicked unsaved person dies they are immediately in hell fire torment, just as the rich man and Lazarus explains, the righteous are with the Lord in comfort Abraham's bosom

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiritual Israelite