The Problem of Pain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PreacherZeeder

Sep 28, 2012
Alabama
I titled this in conjuction to C.S Lewis's book because i felt it connected with it closely. For the past few days I've been stuck with a inquiry that has been like an itch that I can't quite reach. And it isn't so much that I may know myself, but when un-believers ask me, that I may be able to help them.

The problem lies in those who have never heard of Christ. Of course, they are still held accountable for their sin. Yet, if they grow up in a village which is never reached by the Word by Christians, and God knew it would never be reached before individuals died. Is there not a way where they are judged seperatly? Because they did not knowingly reject Christ. It was out of mere ignorance. Such as a child, or a person who has a learning disability.

But the problem is, when we are asked about this issue, the Word is not black and white, and we can only give altered, weak, human preconseptions about the issue.

I know that God is Just, and Holy, and Righteous and that there are things beyond our comprehention in which He is knowledgable. However, I simply ask about this issue for the sake of others. Are we left to our own general assumptions? Or should we simply say, I do not know. Or, only God has the answer to that

Axehead

May 9, 2012
I titled this in conjuction to C.S Lewis's book because i felt it connected with it closely. For the past few days I've been stuck with a inquiry that has been like an itch that I can't quite reach. And it isn't so much that I may know myself, but when un-believers ask me, that I may be able to help them.

The problem lies in those who have never heard of Christ. Of course, they are still held accountable for their sin. Yet, if they grow up in a village which is never reached by the Word by Christians, and God knew it would never be reached before individuals died. Is there not a way where they are judged seperatly? Because they did not knowingly reject Christ. It was out of mere ignorance. Such as a child, or a person who has a learning disability.

But the problem is, when we are asked about this issue, the Word is not black and white, and we can only give altered, weak, human preconseptions about the issue.

I know that God is Just, and Holy, and Righteous and that there are things beyond our comprehention in which He is knowledgable. However, I simply ask about this issue for the sake of others. Are we left to our own general assumptions? Or should we simply say, I do not know. Or, only God has the answer to that

There is nothing wrong with saying "I don't know." Too many theologies are created for things that people don't know about. But what we do know, is powerful.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Thats some very wise advice there Axe head.

You might want to consider studying a bit about biblical history. You see everyone from the time of Adam to Mosses never had the law given to Mosses "10 commandments" so these were in the very same state as you describe, remote people today, never hearing of the God of Abram. From Adam to Mosses the people of the earth never heard God say "have no other God before me" or "thou shall not kill"

God is just and these "from Adam to Mosses" were dealt with justly in the same manner we to will measured.
We also know that Paul spoke of those from Adam to Mosses. These also being those (spirits in prison) the Lord Christ preached to.
1 Peter 3:18-22 (NIV)
[sup]18 [/sup] For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, [sup]19 [/sup] through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison [sup]20 [/sup] who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

Romans 5
[sup]12 [/sup]Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— [sup]13 [/sup](For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. [sup]14 [/sup]Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

There is a tread called, "Christ preaching to spirits in days of Noah"
You may find a starting point there. But I am confident that God doesn't measure or judge men in comparison to other men. But God only takes into consideration the things you know or have been given "presented" to you. God is true and just

Luke 12:47-48

[sup]47 [/sup]And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

[sup]48 [/sup]But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

I hope that helps I don't want to ramble on.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Preach,

The two places which I find most helpful are Romans 2 and Paul's Mars Hill address in Acts 17.

Even people with learning disabilities are capable of understanding pain, sorrow, grief, sin and death, love, hate and joy, and also are capable of understanding a Man who could not be bound by death, who is alive for evermore. I've heard of many being turned to the Saviour, through a friend who works with them as a teacher. Even quite small very ill children can hear the gospel and respond to it. God Himself speaks to them through appropriate evangelists.

One thing we know, our God is a righteous Judge, and there will be no mistakes when it comes to the great day.

Hearts which are longing for righteousness or rest from the burden of sin, do 'hear' the gospel with different ears from those who either have not yet arrived at an awareness of sin, or, who have consciously chosen idolatry over godliness.