The Problem with Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians get a bad rep as being judgemental and the truth is we are, or at least that's how we are seen.

I think it's because of the saved/not saved issue. By definition, being "saved" makes a Christian better than a non-Christian. How can this not be so? It's tantamount to one child turning to another and saying, "God loves me more."

This is the ultimate in egoism. It must be a sin. How does one resolve this issue?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians get a bad rep as being judgemental and the truth is we are, or at least that's how we are seen.

I think it's because of the saved/not saved issue. By definition, being "saved" makes a Christian better than a non-Christian. How can this not be so? It's tantamount to one child turning to another and saying, "God loves me more."

This is the ultimate in egoism. It must be a sin. How does one resolve this issue?

I am what I am by the grace of God. Humility comes with the understanding that we do not do anything to merit or earn the grace of God, thus we become stewards of that grace to others who have not received this free gift. When we preach the Gospel, those who hear it are either convicted by the Holy Ghost or reject the Gospel by their own will and strength. If you are preaching the Gospel from a podium of Pride you will never succeed, for there is neither conviction nor the True Gospel there.

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sadly I have known Christians that just look at appearances.
He just looks like a sinner, "WHAT ARE OUTSIDERS going to think!"

Those same Christians picked a pastor solely because of his extended family and it's prestige. He looked really saintly but why is the church falling apart.

Man can only look at the outward appearance, God gives us a good measuring tool, that is the the fruit. Sinful humans making all good fruit ? I don't see it.

Also
Men have entertained angels unaware. What do those angels appear as?
What you have done to the least, you have done to me.
Those angels you have entertained unaware? God does test our hearts! Are those angels glorious or clothed as the least?

Lastly saved is a condition of the heart, it is easy talk the walk, which human can tell talk from walking?

A judgmental church can only be talking the walk. Yes it hurts those on the edge. But when God seperates the wheat from the chaff, ....................
It is the all time question are Christians as bad as the rap? Some probably are but all?

I have probably confused this enough
Al

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

...by reading Scripture from a Godward perspective rather than a manward one....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nobody is “better” than anybody else—- we “ALL” have the Potential to be the best or the worst....The Saved man has been blessed by God with a Free Gift That He neither deserved or earned ....The Unsaved man did not receive the Gift Of Having “ Eyes to see”.....
A True Christian automatically has a way to keep his Ego in check—-He realizes that the Closer he gets to God, the farther away he sees himself.....

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago I was told, "you cannot truly be a Christian if you haven't had vision from God!"
My attitude then has it now is blessings from God do not make you or me a better Christian than anyone else.
The difference between then and now is I have been blessed with a vision from God and if anything that vision calls me to be more loving, more forgiving, more open to teaching, less tolerant of the holier than thous that earn Christians this reputation.

Being a Christian is being a sinner that tries to let the light of Gods love show through my life.
I believe the the apostle Paul says
Being a sinner the best life I can live will barely let a glimmer of God's love shine through. A brief glimmer is enough to work salvation but that glimmer to shine through calls for me live a life full of God's loving grace.
Paraphrasing a verse
What you do for the least of God's children you have done to God! Scary isn't it? How that many "SAVED" Christians will turn their backs to God!

Al

Reactions: LearningToLetGo

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps we need to remove "saved" from our vocabulary? Let death resolve that particular point. While we live, focus on forgiveness, charity and love.

Saved is what all Christian are. Yes that can make us be arogant or appear arogant.
What should we focus on,?
Holy living, humility and compassion. ( charity and love are the same thing, just different words. )

Forgiveness is a reaction to an offenders repentance.

Reactions: LearningToLetGo

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since "saved" is God's vocabulary, no one has any business to remove it or change it.

I'm not saying we should remove it from scripture. Instead, I am saying we should not make it the focus of our faith. Truthfully God will do what he will do with us when we die. The choice to save us or not is his and his alone. By focusing on salvation we turn God into a game of carrots and sticks, the carrots being salvation and the sticks being damnation. How can we focus on love, compassion and forgiveness when the threat of eternal fire perpetually looms in the back of our minds? Until we are liberated from the threat of damnation we will never be truly free to choose God.

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Until we are liberated from the threat of damnation we will never be truly free to choose God.

There are two evils to avoid.
1/ an obcessive insistence upon hell to the exclusion of all else.
and
2/ an equaly obcessive avoidanve of hell and the consquences of rejecting Jesus.

John 3:16 is rightly loved but read on to verse 18 where Jesus says, ' those who do not believe in him, are ALREADY condemned'.

It is not loving to hide the consquences of someones actions.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your analogy is off. If that is what we say to the unsaved, you are correct, but who says that? Most say, "God is real and wonderful!" and share the good news of what we have found.

I would say it is the other way around. That those who hear but do not know God hold the sin of jealousy. For this same reason Cain slew Abel. This is the way of fallen mankind.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It has to be one of the most frustrating things I have ever experienced. I am at the point where I don't care what they think. No matter what we do it is all considered judgmental hate. The world is so blind I cannot believe it.

Christianity is kind of like a reformed drug addict. You cannot convince someone to quite drugging or drinking, it is something they have to do on their own. They have to want it. Same with Christianity. For some(like me) they have to live a life of sin until they are just absolutely sick of it, if they don't die first.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Humility! Christ was our example. Without it we have a poor testament before man.

Now the flipside of that is that Charlie needs a dose of his own medicine here!

Reactions: Alfredthefifth