The Promised Land: How Do We Enter?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When God led Israel out of Egypt, He took them to see, from a distance, the Promised Land. Then He led them around the desert until all of those that were involved in the Exodus had died due to their grumbling and complaining.
Bitterness defiles those around them, and back then, no messiah had come yet, so God let them die out so no bitter root would enter the promised land. People grumble and complain when they are bitter about something.
Back then, people were in right standing with God by doing what He commanded. And a blood sacrifice. They had mercy from God, but we have grace.
Jesus came to atone for our sins, though He also came so He could know intimately what it was to walk through this life as a man, only without sin.
He did experience this first-hand when He died for us. He rose from the dead, and He offers this resurrected life to us. but first, we must learn the way of the cross to get rid of this carcass that we all carry around.
To enter the promised land, we must first have our hearts sanctified. Practicing this is what led the Lord to say to me a year ago that He had finished circumcising my heart. Just like the Israelite men did before God led them into their promised land. I still, however, take up my cross daily.
It has become a walk of repentance that whenever God shows me something I need to repent of and crucify, I do it right then and there. Even in public.
The most anyone would see is a guy sitting there, speaking to himself and moving his hands around in front of himself for a few seconds.
Maybe they won't like you. Maybe the whole world won't like you. Jesus said, "Remember, if they hate you, they hated me first."
Death to self is not a theory, it is the painful death process of one's self.
I feel to say here that when God showed me His glory, I tried to explain it, but I realized that words were inadequate to do this. I believe this is why Jesus used parables.
There is another side, but I'm trying to shorten my posts. LOL!!! But seriously, I am. Progress, not perfection.
1-We are in Christ. He may have caused cracks in one's heart that He does flow through.
2-After He prepares us, not only are we in Christ but now He is also in us.
When God told me that He was going to give me more, this is the process through which He used to give it to me.
If He hadn't earlier told me that He'd never leave or stop loving me, I may have thought that He had left and stopped loving me. But of course, He didn't.
I'm not trying to tell anyone what to think, say or do, except in regards to what He has so graciously given me. And as I try to remember to say, Look it up, buttercup. Shalom.
P.S. My motive for what I do is to help others, but also because whenever we give away what God has given us, He gives us more. Bye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Ron

Speaking only to the title of "The Promised Land: How Do We Enter?"

The answer is that the Promised Land and detailed in Genesis 15 is all about a sign that God was going to give to Abraham's descendants for a period of around 1,400 years to confirm to Abraham's descendants that they will inherit the whole earth in the distant future, even now.

Sadly the English Translation Tradition is that God is going to restore the "Promised Land" back to the Israelite Nation after He gathers them to Himself in our near future. This is in fact a lie as Ezekiel 34 demonstrates when the Hebrew Text is properly understood and translated.

The New Testament speaks of the fact that the "Christians" will inherit the Earth, just as God spoke to Abraham that they will inherit the Earth that He would show them.

The "Promised Land" is not part of the Salvation outcome. Daniel 7:18 & 27 tells us this.

Shalom

Reactions: Truman

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In order to enter the promised land, we must first have our hearts sanctified.
The Promised Land is for redeemed and restored Israel. The New Jerusalem is for the Church. And God sanctifies our hearts by His grace with the blood of Christ, the gift of the Holy Spirit, and the New Birth.

The Promised Land is still for Israel AFTER the Second Coming of Christ. It will then becoming greater Israel, stretching from the Nile to the Euphrates.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi. Thanks for your post. I view God's keeping Israel in the desert and the death of all those who were alive when the exodus took place and died in the desert to be a prophetic foreshadowing of what I (and scripture) call the progressive sanctification of the human heart. I do believe that the teaching that the heart is just "wild" is false teaching, planted by a false teacher and not a true representation of scripture, no matter how popular it may be.
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9 KJV
When I say, "promised land," I am using the phrase as a metaphor. I am describing Ephesians 4:9-16 and what it means.
I believe we are in the last days. Satan's kingdom has made enormous strides towards bringing in his one-world government.
"He will speak against the Most High and oppress His holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time." Daniel 7:25
I believe that this is the playing out of the enemy's attempt to do this before the appointed hour. This, I believe, is what is currently taking place on a global scale.
I love the gospel of salvation; it was this seed that was planted in my heart, the first time I heard it. I also love the Kingdom Of God, of which the gospel of salvation is the first part. Have a blessed day, and may the Lord bless you and yours. Peace.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If we are in Jesus we are already in the Promised Land; we just need to know that and believe in God's promises to us.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we are in Jesus we are already in the Promised Land; we just need to know that and believe in God's promises to us.

Truly the promised land is found in Jesus Christ. And we need to seek to enter into Christ...to win Christ. Intellectual certainty doesn't bring resurrection power. Religious opinions have no strength that enables one to enter the kingdom realm. There is a true entering in. That is the high calling. That is what it means to WIN Christ. Many run but one wins the prize. We ought to run so as to win.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Truly the promised land is found in Jesus Christ. And we need to seek to enter into Christ...to win Christ. Intellectual certainty doesn't bring resurrection power. Religious opinions have no strength that enables one to enter the kingdom realm. There is a true entering in. That is the high calling. That is what it means to WIN Christ. Many run but one wins the prize. We ought to run so as to win.
We can't all come first in the race but we should all be aiming for a personal best.

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My motive for what I do is to help others, but also because whenever we give away what God has given us, He gives us more.
Fair enough. But how did you happen to put "the tribe of Levi" alongside the cross? Christ was from the tribe of Judah, not the tribe of Levi. At the same time, within the Body of Christ, there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We can't all come first in the race but we should all be aiming for a personal best.
Didn't you know that Episkopos is unique? In fact he has manufactured his own Gospel and his own theology. Take careful note of the things he says and then compare them with Scripture.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fair enough. But how did you happen to put "the tribe of Levi" alongside the cross? Christ was from the tribe of Judah, not the tribe of Levi. At the same time, within the Body of Christ, there is neither Jew nor Gentile.
Christ died for all who will come. To me, the church is just as much a part of God's people as anyone else. I see Judah and the church are a fair distance apart, but this won't last. The walls are already starting to crumble. The number one reason Jews are coming to Christ is that they have realized that the church has their messiah and they see the body worshiping their God. They were jealous. Word up!

Reactions: Pearl

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Back in the 90s, God told me 3 times that I was a Levite. Since there is no mention in my 600-year family tree about Israel or the Jews, I thought He meant I was like the guys who led worship in the temple. I thought I might be a spiritual Levite.
Last Fall I watched Christian testimony videos as I got a spiritual lift from watching them. Then I watched a Messianic Jew testimony video and found that I got an identical lift from it as I got from Christian videos. I started thinking about what God had told me all those years ago. I wondered if there might be more to it than I thought. Not knowing what to do, I started watching videos about ancient Israel. The House Of Israel went into exile. God said that they would forget who they were but in the last days He would wake them up to who they were. He said He would start with their Levites.
I watched as a video put some Scandinavians in Normandy during the 1500s. At this point, I recalled that my parent's family tree went back as far as the 1500s in Normandy. I was stunned. It was so easy for me to find this info.
I'd spent some time over the years trying to find other info on the origins of my family name than what was available, without any success. The first time I looked after I made the above connection, I found info that said my family name originated in Normandy. Once again I was shocked. A few weeks after this I looked again and found new info that was attached to a genealogy group. This also said that my family name originated in Normandy.
As a worship leader, I found the ancient Levite worship leaders to be pretty amazing. Learning that I was an actual Levite was unexpected. I've since learned a lot about the 10 lost tribes of the House Of Israel. Including promises that tell me that much of the West are descended from these ten tribes. Much of the church is also descended from the 10. This subject has been to me like a sea full of icebergs through which the Holy Spirit has guided me. Shalom.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When He deemed me dead to self, He bequeathed to me my commissioning. My promised land. I reckon myself dead to sin. To remind me that I am. Jesus is my promised land. My inheritance is in the Lord.
The Lord led me through 20 years of fiery trials and tribulation with the goal of me being dead to self so He could live through me, through the practice of my daily cross. Jesus said that if one doesn't take up their cross and follow Him, then they are not worthy of Him.
When one first believes, they are in Him. When one cleans out the cesspool of the soul (His atonement enables this, His word is the path, His Spirit is the guide), they become worthy of Him living in them.
All by the Blood, which is a metaphor of His finished work on the cross.
Though it is a common thought, deciding to believe that you are already there does nothing. I tried it and failed. Then He showed me how it really works.
When one dies to self, there is no prosperity gospel. The way of the cross is hard, the error of the church is being offered/choosing the easier way. Tell me I'm wrong.
I don't know who taught what to anyone. I'm just faithfully relating what God has done with me over the past 20+ years. Make of it what you will. Blessings. This is what the Lord says: "Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool. Where is the house you will build for Me?" Isaiah 66;1 NIV